by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Add Reply

ain't got nothin' on me, Blazeh, Cinny
PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@Concinnity (Cinny)

SETTING:
Evylon; Heartwoodian Forest

WEATHER:
Cold, bit still and peaceful.

TIME:
Several years ago. Morning.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Slain, Jekt (Blazeh), Valerian, Lithan and Tovran (Cinny)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
"You know, you could be nicer, Slain. You scared them, you didn't really have to."

"Well I mean, they had it coming, y'know? Pickpockets! Idiots are fun to scare anyways."

Two men walked along an old path between tall oak and aspen trees, interspersed with the odd elm and cottonwood. Or rather, a man walked beside another who was mostly humanoid; a tall creature with draconic features, complete with silver scales across a bare chest, digitigrade feet tipped in clawed toes. His face was almost fully dragon, with a tapered muzzle and forward-facing, scarlet eyes. A thick white mane started between those eyes and ran between long black horns down his neck and back, disappearing behind a red dyed leather trenchcoat. A tail flicked behind him, similarly covered in scales, while hands were tipped in the same black claws.

In contrast, the one that walked next to him was shorter, but appeared much more human. He shared red eyes of the same color, and fluffy white hair, but that's where the similarities ended. He had pale skin, and wore a simple black tunic and breeches with tall riding boots, and a single crimson gem clasped to a thin chain around his neck. Small golden earrings glittered in each ear, but he wore no other adornment.

The draconic one was grinning, sharp teeth in full display. "You can't fault me for it, Jekt," he said, with a laugh. "You're too much of a softy, bro! I gotta teach you how to be strong. That's my job, yanno, now that you aren't stuck guarding some dumb rock for centuries."

Jekt was smiling as well, but he sighed with a shrug. "You still could have let them off a little easier, Tyr. They thought you were going to eat them."

"You know, in some Kingdoms that would be wholly appropriate," the half-dragon snickered. "And dude, stop callin' me that, told ya a million times! It's Slain now. Slain the badass!"

The younger one couldn't help but chuckle. Then, Slain said, "anyways, I'm gonna go hunt something; I'm hungry as hell. I'll get you a rabbit or something, bro, just stay on the trail!"

Jekt waved as his brother launched into the sky, whiplike wings cutting through the air easily. He picked up a stick and twirled it in his hand idly, before continuing down the path.

Damn siblings.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Valerian was setting up camp not far from the edge of the trail. Hidden in a dip of an old river bed their camp was nicely secure. However in the last town they had passed through there had been rumours of thieves in the woods. This is why Lithan and Tovran were off scouting as he set about starting dinner.

Humming to himself, Valerian let the almost constant banter between the two tiny dragon brothers that were his bonds woosh through the back of his mind unheeded.

:Anything?: Lithan asked of his brother as he landed on the branch of a tree, nothing but birds and the off rabbit to be seen.

:Nothing...: Came the reply back from Tovran, then he felt his brothers' attention snap onto something, :Wait, something is coming up the trail!: Tovran hissed even though he was telepathically connected to his brother.

:Now don't do anything...: Lithan started but he knew that it was already to late. With a sigh he took off and headed towards where his brother was located.

Tovran was no longer listening to his brother, all of his focus was on the pail haired man walking towards him down the path. Sensing something odd about him, Tovran wiggled down onto his branch and eyed him closely. It was then that he caught the mans scent and he knew what he was looking at a demon!

Without another thought, he rose from his perch and dived at the demon sending a ball of rock hard Reiatsu aimed at the pail haired young man's head, just behind his ear.

This post has been edited by Concinnity: May 21 2018, 08:27 AM

--------------------
CHARACTERS =Cyra, Alucius, Myth, Titius, Garvan, Thia, Aeliana, Terva, Bruttia, Helena, Ru, Evandor, Tiberius, Varden, Merlyn,Relius (Pair-Bonded)Rochlan, Reunan, (Bonded) Valerian, Tovran, Lithan, Talia, Arrian

(Red is for characters in Current Threads! ALL are still open for Lore or Historical threads)
^
There was something... odd in the air; a strange feeling, a presence, that Jekt hadn't been able to place. He'd stopped a few times to warily look around, suddenly regretting the fact that Slain had left. As a small squirrel chittered angrily at him from a tree he passed, he looked up at it and sighed.

It was probably nothing. Probably too little to worry about -

- and then pain burst at the base of his skull and he stumbled forward, stars dancing in front of his eyes. He lost his footing and began to fall, dazedly fearing that whatever had hit him - whatever was attacking him, presumably - may have been what he sensed. as he struck the ground, hard, the world spun about him and he lost consciousness, eyes slipping shut as the animals of the forest went abruptly silent...

--------------------
user posted image
^
He didn't even see it coming and went down like a stone. That was what really pleased Tovran as he landed upon the demons back and sent out a loud trill of victory.

Lithan arrived at just that moment landing on the perch that Tovran and just vacated and looked down upon the scene with an eye roll and another sigh.

:Now look what you did... what happens if there are more of them?:

:Indeed! Now we have one captured and it can tell us if there are more about...:

Lithan Flared his wings and was about to snip a reply back when Valerian entered into the fray. Tovrans trill had alerted Valerian that something was up, leaving their supper to cook he rushed through the trees to the trail and saw the unconscious young demon.

"What have you done?" He asked exasperated more than horrified.

Tovran pulled himself his full height, not much larger than that of a feylizards, and with a puff of air through his nose, "I have captured a demon!"

"I can see that! The question is why?!"

Lithan snorted and said, "He thinks that we needed to know if there were more about."

Valerian turned to Lithan and through up he hands, "And what if there are? And what are we going to do with him?" This last comment was directed to Tovran.

"Taken him back to camp?" Tovran asked, not in the least deflated by the lack of joy at his victory in the others.

Valerian looked down at the unconscious figure and sighed, they couldn't leave him in the middle of the road now that they had knocked him out. With a shrug, he went over and shooed Tovran away and with a grunt picked up the young demon under his arms lifting his upper body off the ground.

"Fine, Lithan fly ahead and tug out the rope, seems we don't as yet know on which side this fellow falls." With that, he started to slowly pull the demon along, as he did so one of his boots caught on a rock and came off, looking at it he turned to Tovran and nodded towards the boot,

"Bring it along will you!" He said as he vanished into the underbrush with the unconscious young man.

Tovran looked down at the boot and then after Valerian, "Like hell, I am carrying some persons smelly shoe!" he said and followed, leaving the boot behind.

Once back at camp, Valerian gently leaned the demon against a tree before the fire and tied him up soundly with the rope that Lithan had pulled from his bag.

"That should do it..." He looked about for Tovran and the shoe, seeing Tovran and no shoe he sighed and threw up his hands, leaving it.

--------------------
CHARACTERS =Cyra, Alucius, Myth, Titius, Garvan, Thia, Aeliana, Terva, Bruttia, Helena, Ru, Evandor, Tiberius, Varden, Merlyn,Relius (Pair-Bonded)Rochlan, Reunan, (Bonded) Valerian, Tovran, Lithan, Talia, Arrian

(Red is for characters in Current Threads! ALL are still open for Lore or Historical threads)
^
"What do you plan to do?"

The question startled him. He looked up from the books he studied to the massive dragon that lay curled around the Marker. After a moment, he realized what the drake meant, and looked away with a sigh. Carefully, he closed the book, and rested a hand on its worn cover gently. "I... don't know," he admitted. "Zanna is gone. You... brought me here. Tyr thinks I'm dead. You say I can go free now, but... I don't have anywhere to go."

The great dragon smiled, tilting his head to one side. "You have earned your freedom and more, young one," he rumbled. "But the Marker needs a proper Guardian; a warden to make sure of its safety. You have a place here, and a task if you wish it to be so."

Jekt smiled, then, gratefully. The grief from before was only a dull ache now - his wounds had healed, and he was comfortable, if sad. But something made his smile fade as he regarded the creature lost in shadows, seeing only silver scales reflected in the Marker's runelight, and the glowing blue eyes that matched its color. There was something in those eyes, something strange, something uncanny. "My Lord," he murmured. "Is there something else...?"

"There is," the dragon whispered, dipping his head. "Something of the... utm...st... im...tance..."

The dream faded. Jekt stirred and pain lanced through his skull where he'd been struck; his scarlet eyes fluttered half open, and the light was too bright, too intense, so he had to close them once more. As the dizzy intensity faded, he opened his eyes once more and the world slid into focus, revealing a small clearing and campsite, a fire burning at the center. The trees swayed overhead in a gentle breeze, and the morning sun had yet to reach its skyward peak.

It was with confusion that he realized he was bound to a tree; and such confusion only grew as he saw he only had one boot. What had happened? He remembered... pain, and falling. Something had attacked him? And... stolen his shoe?

He sensed he wasn't alone and stiffened, eyes flicking to settle on a short elf tending the fire. Two feylizards flew about, but he paid them no heed - at first. But then, something caught his eye. These were no normal feylizards... one appeared to resemble a small circadian, and neither displayed the normal elemental colors of their lesser cousins. "Who are you?" he asked the elf quietly, his gaze flicking back from the tiny creatures. "Why did you take me?"

And how much time has passed...? Where the hell is Slain?

--------------------
user posted image
^
Valerian was a little startled by the voice behind him. He turned to see that Tovrans "prisoner" was awake.

"Ah!! Glad to see you up and talking, have to admit that I thought that you would be out for a while yet." It was then that Tovran entered the clearing after doing another pass over the area.

"So far...." He started but then he saw the conscious young demon and with a snort dived towards the bound young man and landed on his booted foot. Every line of his body brimming with fierceness.

"Are you alone? Where are the others? What are you doing here?" He began before Valerian wrapped his hand around his middle and lifted the little angry black dragon off the demons shoe.

"Tovran!!" He said, a small snap in him his voice, "First you ambush this young man, I am sorry about that by the way, and now with the fifty questions! Let him be!"

Indignant at being Elf handled Tovran let out a small incoherent burgle as he wiggled out of Valerian's hand and climbed up to sit on his shoulder. "What if he was out to kill us?!"

Valerian rolled his eyes and looked down on the bound and bootless demon. "Tovran here has issues and thinks you are here to eat us or just kill us... thus the rope and the bonk on the head. Are you? Or is it safe to untie you?"

--------------------

^
Jekt chuckled. "No," he said softly. "Most purebred n'vaen don't even eat sentient things... at least not from my Kingdom, haha. I'm a hybrid, besides - half dragon." He looked at ease, now - amused beyond anything. A simple misunderstanding, this - and... well, who couldn't laugh at themselves about being kidnapped by tiny dragons?

"No harm done," he said. "You'd have to do more than whack me to-"

Suddenly, a silver streak plowed through the air, crashing through tree branches at breakneck speeds, following by an angry snarl. The creature landed hard, whipping about to swing a tail at Valerian, before grabbing little Lithan out of the air and darting a few feet away. It was a tall, humanoid figure, but with draconic features - a long, fluffy white mane cascaded down around scarlet eyes set in a reptilian face. Fangs were bared and light flashed off of silver scales, webbed wings mantled to either side as the tiny dragon was clutched in taloned hands. "If you've harmed my brother in the slightest," he spat, "I will destroy you and this midget will be the first to go!"

"Slain!" Jekt snarled, aghast; he strained against his ropes, but couldn't get free. "Slain, no! Let him go, he's fine, I'm not hurt!"

The half-dragon ignored his younger brother, and squeezed the small dragon in his claws. Not enough to hurt yet, but enough to get the point across. "Let him go!" he roared, red-gold fire flickering here and there around him. He wore plain black breeches and a long red trenchcoat; his scaled chest was bare, and had one long, deep scar right over the heart. "Now!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Valerian smiled and was busy nudging Tovran with his shoulder when a large and very angry man with draconic features landed in the clearing and whipped a tail at his head. Flinging Tovran in the air as he ducked and rolled out of the way. Climbing back to his feet he winced as he felt the sab of a fight and then fear mixed with draconic angry from Lithan and the simple pure rage from Tovran at the capture of his brother.

Quickly he sized up the situation as Tovran prepared to rip the man apart Valerian snapped a quick plan to him, causing him to change course and head towards the n'vaen instead as Lithan brought forth a shield into being around himself to keep what little space he had from the man's claws.

"We were just about to do just that... We meant no harm, our only wish is to protect ourselves. You don't harm us we don't harm you." He said, trying to keep his voice calm as he motioned to Tovran who had landed upon the n'vaen's shoulder, curling his tail around his neck, magic shimmered around him as he focused upon the man holding his brother, ready to do whatever was needed to get him free.

"Stay still!" Tovran commanded as with a quick snap of magic he split the rope apart and it fell in loose loops upon the ground.

"Now." Valerian said, moving slowly towards the draconic man as he kept a hand on one of his throwing blades, "Could you let my Bond go? And I would advice doing just that as while I think I your brother seems perfectly nice, he is worth less to me and to Tovran than Lithan there. And please remember, there are three of us and only one of you."

--------------------

^
"Slain, stop!"

He was ignored. His half-brother had bared his fangs, staring at the barrier with fury in his eyes - the reiatsu-flame around him grew to a palpable level, now burning along the ground at his feet and spreading outwards with gold and red tendrils. It was an unnatural, heatless flame - but it devoured just as true fire did.

"You little shits," Slain hissed, as the power pulsed around him. "You take my brother for no other reason than that? How sure were you that you'd get attacked by us? He's innocent! How dare you!"

"Don't provoke him," Jekt said, shaking free of little Tovran and the cut ropes. "He's a royal, like I am, don't fight him!" He turned away from Valerian and took a few steps towards his sibling. "Slain, look, I'm alright, let him go!"

Finally, Jekt had caught his attention; he gave the younger demon a sharp glance and spat a string of curses in Demonic. "You ass," he snarled, and threw Lithan like a toy across the clearing. "You got captured by a couple of measly pipsqueak dragons and a goddamn elf and you didn't-"

"It's fine, I'm okay, really," Jekt said hurriedly, hoping to stave off his brother's anger. The half-dragon stomped and spat some more curses (and probably some insults) in his native tongue, before crossing his arms over his chest. "They just misunderstood, okay? It's nothing, really. I'm okay."

Finally, the reiatsu-fire began to fade, leaving dead and dying plantlife around him behind. Slain gave the two little dragons and Valerian a withering glare as Jekt straightened, relieved. "And who the fuck are they anyways?" Slain asked, jabbing a clawed thumb at the trio. "How'd they manage to pull the wool over your eyes like that? you got kidnapped by a goddamn pair of feylizards and a stupid elf!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
As Lithan was flung across the clearing he built up a shield around himself to slow his uncontrolled flight and quickly beat his wings to gain control. Once flying himself again he darted towards Valerian and landed on his outstretched arm, his brother not far behind him, his magic still flaring around him as he landed on their Bonds shoulder. Throwing up a thick shield around them Lithan found himself in a rare rage. Letting off a stream of curses in Draconic.

:I am not normally one to say this, but you were right: He said to Tovran as he moved up to Valerians other shoulder.

:I know I was!: Tovran sent back, itching to take down the arrogant demon in front of them.

:Now, now...: Valerian said as he resettled himself after the added weight of his to Bonds on his shoulders, :I suspect that we may not wish to enter into a full-on brawl here. I agree I might take roll my eyes less the next time Tovran decided to go on one of his capture all and ask questions later runs but for now I would like to make it out of this without needing to fix any of you up.:

Lithan sent a feeling of semi-agreement and Tovran just hissed but remained upon his shoulder.

Speaking out loud Valerian said, "It was a misunderstanding. And you have to admit that most demons are not ones to be easily linked to the word 'innocent'. And as I said, we were about to let him go just as you entered into our camp. No harm was meant and no harm what done."

Slowly he lifted his hand away from his blades handle, even as he pulled his magic about himself and Tovran tensed ready to act at a moments notice, "As for who we are, I am a Healer and these are my Bonds. We are but Travellers wondering the Realms helping who we can and learning about the Realms as we go."

As he waited he waited for the response he watched he sent to Lithan and Tovran, :If he attacks we defend.:

This post has been edited by Concinnity: Jun 5 2018, 04:39 AM

--------------------

^
"You're assholes that would attack an unarmed man on the road without-" Slain began, hackles raised; but a touch from his brother stopped him. He took a deep breath, and flicked his tail with irritation.

"Look. I just pulled him out of a damn cave he's been stuck in for ten thousand years guarding one of those fuckin' Markers. Been hunted by our idiot father for the last month and a half, juuust wanna take a nice goddamn stroll through the woods and Five dammit what do you fuckin' want bro?!"

He turned to glare at Jekt, who had poked him with a stick three times in the ribs to get his attention. "Be nice," the younger demon said quietly. He ran a hand through his white hair and sighed. "We're headed to the coast to try and draw Xenion, our father, away from Albronel. And... save him, if we can."

Slain snorted. However, Jekt pressed on.

"He's not evil - at least... he never used to be. But he was driven to a mad grief when my mother was slain, and the madness never let loose of him. We've been looking for a way to try to bring him back to himself."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Valerian blinked, "Ten thousand...?!" He said before he caught himself, waving his hands to dismiss the wildly large number.

Tovran, however, was more focused on the direction of travel, "Well that just puts a right spin on our plans..."

"Both of them!" Lithan added, "We were going to Albronel and then the cost." He gave the pair of half-demons a half-hearted glare. Truthfully his heart wasn't in being angry, it just wasn't in his nature.

With a sigh, he gave Valerian a mental nudge as he said, "What you think of their father's sudden madness?"

Tovran squeaked in outrage at Lithan's almost offer of help lifting his head to glare at his brother over the top of Valerian's head, "You honestly offering them advice!! They tried to kill us!"

"Only the one and he has stopped now..."

Valerian sighed and shrugged, letting his hands fall. "Well, we will just have to get the hell out of dodge afterward Tov. But there is no harm is being nice. After all, you did sort of randomly attack Jekt." Turning his focus back to Slain and Jekt, he addressed Jekt as he seemed the more balanced one, ten thousand year imprisonment or not.

"Your fathers change in behavior could be caused by him just simply having lost his marbles or by an underlying medical condition. What you need is a Healer... possibly a mad one to be with you when you confront him to be sure. If it is an underlying condition maybe the mad healer will have the skills to solve the issue. But I think a healer would be a good thing to get ahold of as you sort your plans out."

--------------------

^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply