<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
Discord Embed

If Discord/Titan is down, use the emergency cbox instead!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Kerguelan

» Errant Venture, Open Thread
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Oct 27 2017, 08:32 PM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #255

‣ Male

1130 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

17519 jaden

Awards: 7

PLAYERS INVOLVED: Fyfergrund, Zendekarian

SETTING: Moonleaf Fields, not far from the Bones of the Earth.

WEATHER: Slightly cloudy, light, cool breeze.

TIME: Five days ahead of Current.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Kyrelia (Fyfer), Skippy (Zen)
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Oct 27 2017, 08:59 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1130 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

17519 jaden

Life in a cave was boring, Kyrelia had long since decided. Life inside a cave full of locked doors you were forbidden from opening, and couldn't open if you wanted to (which she did, despite herself) was just aggravating. About the only thing that thrilled her anymore was practicing magic, and that was largely because it was forbidden. But even that was starting to lose its allure.

Still, since that was all she had to distract herself, she'd retreated to a more remote part of the cavern to practice on her own. This time, however, she was going to try something new. While practicing with her fire, she had sensed something new. Magic, but a different kind than the elemental magics Fate had been teaching them about, before he'd made himself scarce.

Since she didn't know what to expect, she'd found the most out of the way part of the cave she could find, just in case something happened. If she was lucky, maybe Fate wouldn't notice anything, if things went wrong. But if he did, she hoped she could at least try to come up with a good explanation. She took a deep breath, dismissing her concerns, and focused.

Slowly, she could feel energy gathering, and forced herself to remain calm and focused as a red mote of swirling power appeared. She hesitated, suddenly aware that she was going well beyond simply practicing what she'd already been taught about without supervision, and heading into more active, willful disobedience. But she so wanted to get out of this cave! "Maybe if I can impress Mom enough, she'll decide to let us out of the cave," she muttered to herself.

Her concentration wavered as her thoughts turned to the brief venture she and Bastien took outside the cave, and she imagined herself in an open field, under the sun. Then she let out a startled yelp as she felt a sudden flare of energy, and saw that the mote of energy was now a gently swirling vortex. She released it but it lingered, and she was hesitantly stepped forward, then paused when she felt a sudden breath of fresh air.

Intrigued, she took another step forward, then another, hesitating at the edge of the vortex before slowly sticking her head through. Energy swirled around her, and she yelped again as it surged over her, then vanished. She flinched, and closed her eyes, bracing herself for whatever might come. But all she felt was a gentle breeze...and grass.

She opened one eye, then the other, then stared around with her eyes opened wide. Her jaw opened slightly in shock and amazement, and she flared her wings a bit before folding them as she began to fully realize what had happened. What she had accomplished. Her sense of wonder turned to dread as she realized she had no idea how to do it again. Or how to get back to Fate's Cavern, even if she could.

"Mom's going to kill me."
^
`Zendekarian
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 01:22 PM

member #440

‣ Male

43 posts

Zendekarian

I AM THE GOD OF SNACKS! FEAR ME!!!!!!

☆ Offline

375 jaden

Awards: None

Scaleterror, aka Skippy, was roaming through the tall grass, seeking a meal. That blasted dragonfly had escaped from him, but he was on the trail of a mouse. He softly purred at the thought of fresh meat, something other than those unappealing shellfish of his home.
He jumped back as his acute ears picked up a vortex. He heard words of someone or other, and rushed to the scene.
'Maybe someone from another Realm!' He thought, skidding out of the tall grass. He stopped, gazing up at the new arrival. "So.... where are you from?"
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 12:27 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1130 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

17519 jaden

Kyrelia half-expected to see her mother come swooping down to deliver a stern rebuke, but the sky remained clear, and calm. Far better than the cave that had begun to feel like as much of a prison as it did a home. She knew she'd have to face her mother sooner or later, but, for the time being, she decided to make the most of her situation.

But her resolve to enjoy herself while she could faltered when something nearby raced towards her. She started in alarm, wings spreading as she backpedaled a bit before stopping and staring at the tiny creature that raced out of the grass and skidded to a stop in front of her. Her ears folded back in embarrassment as she realized she'd been startled by something that posed no real threat to her.

Pull yourself together, KY! she silently scolded herself as she folded her wings, and looked the small creature over. Her tail curled around, and she chewed on its bladed tip as she debated on how best to answer. Probably bet not to mention Fate or his cavern. It took her a brief moment to remember which Realm the cave was on, but she could at least give the creature an answer.

"Um...Evylon. This is my first time away from home. I..." she trailed off as she looked around again, scanning her surroundings. She grimaced slightly. "I don't know where I am right now. What Realm is this?" she asked, reluctant to display such ignorance.
^
`Zendekarian
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 12:44 PM

member #440

‣ Male

43 posts

Zendekarian

☆ Offline

375 jaden

Skippy tilted his head. "This Realm is Xaeri. " But this was an Other! One from another Realm!
To be honest, the little saurian was tired of seeing only xeriin and other saurians and the boringness of his home. Here was something awesome and new! He had a bunch of questions but quelled them.
All in due time, he thought.
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 03:09 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1130 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

17519 jaden

Xaeri. Well, Ky now had a name to put with her verdant surroundings, but she wasn't much better off. She knew knew very little about this Realm. Or any of the others, for that matter. She knew a little about Felnova, and a bit about Evylon, but other than that, the rest of the Realms remained a mystery to her.

For a moment, she lightly chewed on the blade on the end of her tail again, uncertain what she should do. Well, she knew what she should do. Since she didn't know how to get back to Fate's cave, she should try to find her mother. But, being out here, beneath the sun, feeling grass beneath her feet rather than cold stone, drove all thoughts of finding her mother from her mind.

If I don't tell anybody who my mother is, they'll just think I'm a normal dragon, she reasoned. After all, if they thought she was a normal dragon, they wouldn't have any reason to hurt her, even if they were angry at her mother for some reason. Pleased with her logic, she stopped chewing on her tail, and gazed skyward for a moment, squinting and blinking before quickly dropping her gaze.

"Whoa, that's bright. it's gonna take some getting used to being out under the sun," she mused to herself. Then she gazed at the small creature before her in curiosity. He didn't look much different than she was, but he was certainly not a dragon. "What are you? I've never seen anything like you before."
^
`Zendekarian
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 09:28 PM

member #440

‣ Male

43 posts

Zendekarian

☆ Offline

375 jaden

"I think I am called a saurian by other species, but the only reason I really know that is because some Orc that tried to kill me called me that. I'm, ah, one of the smallest, but just you wait! One day I'll be big, just like everyone else! Besides, most of my clan can't do this!"
Suddenly Skippy went from one foot tall to fifty. He was grinning, and reached out to touch Kyrelia, but his hand just passed through her. Then he went back to being one foot tall, a toothy grin on his face. "Sorry if I scared ya! It's just I see so few, and everyone thinks I'm harmless. So.... Yeah. I'm pretty lonely...."
He looked in wonder at the creature before him, and finally his curiosity burst. "What are you? How'd you get here? And can you take me out of this damn Realm?"
He clapped a hand over his mouth. "I-I'm sorry. That was rude of me... I'll just um.... Well, you probably wouldn't like my company anyways. No one does, except for butterflies. But I guess it's pretty much pointless trying to make friends..." The little saurian walked off, into the grass, his tail dragging behind him.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: