by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Add Reply
New Poll

MC11: Stories Immemorial, month of may
Welcome to this month's Monthly Contest! These MCs, as they are known, happen every non-holiday month, and are fun little events or contests that staff put up for you members to partake in. Whoo!

user posted image

MC11: Stories Immemorial
Tales told beyond time itself.

As we have no doubt hammered into your thick skulls over the course of March, we're 15 years old now. Every year, your own life's tapestry becomes larger, more complex, more intricate. BTACD is the same – and we want you to be part of our rich history!

THE CONTEST!

We want you to contribute a piece of canonical music, literature, story, poetry, prayer, legend, or what have you to BTACD's library of existing canonical literature. That means something someone within the universe of By Tooth And Claw Dragons wrote. Have that bard or minstrel who you wanted to write a song? Now's your chance!

THE RULES!

Here are the rules of this MC!
  • Participation jaden only counts if your entry is accepted.
  • No, you do not get participation jaden on top of a prize.
  • If the entry directly contradicts lore, it will not be accepted. If you have questions, please ask.

THE FORM!

Please fill out the form below to participate!
CODE

[b]NAME:[/b]
[b]ORIGINS:[/b] Give details, such as the country of origin, species, or time period
[b]SUBJECT:[/b] if it covers a specific event that's needed for context, put it here.
[b]TYPE:[/b] Song? Poem? Story? Folktale? Prayer? Speech?
[b]TELLER:[/b] Who wrote/played/sang this?
[b]ENTRY:[/b]

THE PRIZES!

Grand Prize: 2000 jaden
Second Prize: 1000 jaden
Third Prize: 500 jaden
Participation Prize: 100 jaden

--------------------
^
user posted image
This event has OPENED! Have fun, guys! :D

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
NAME: Thistle
ORIGINS: Originated in Felnova, written by an elderly ex onyx faction member approximately one year prior to his recent death.
SUBJECT: http://btacdragons.com/legends/factions.php
TYPE: Poem
TELLER: Deceased Onyx Faction member wrote several years ago before his death.

ENTRY:
To take a life, to steal jewel
Either thief would be a fool
Taking children, taking gold
Both of which are blindly cold
Petty crimes done for survival
Birthing forth corrupted rival
For even fools must brag their might
And thus a battle did ignite
From being rash and acting bold
The paltry conflict did unfold
For men and women still untested
Learned the feel of being bested
The falsest heroes soon did fall
And those alive continued call
A war lived on, between the two
T’ill those survivors scarcely knew
The hatred boiled ever strong
And though unknown, it carried long
The echo slowly lost its sound
Reason now was seldom found
And to this day the fight still rages
Uncontained by open cages
Though some may say they’re not distraught
As little’s lost in a war fools fought

This post has been edited by Thistle: May 13 2018, 04:50 PM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
^
NAME: Concinnity

ORIGINS: Myrlands, Dire and Vystrian wolves, shortly after the battle between the wolven gods.

SUBJECT: The Baobone sport -

Baobones

A game played between two roughly even teams. Teams try to carry a long bone into a scoring zone and touch the scoring pole set up there. The bone is not allowed to touch the ground once in play. The sport is very physical, and while no biting, magic or other offensive attacks are allowed, it is permissible to tackle or otherwise ram into opponents.

TYPE: Story/Legend

TELLER: Recorded by Hai, Seer of the Myr.

ENTRY:

Legend of the Baobone

Legend tells us of a time shortly after the battle between the Wolven Gods, Cirrus and R'rkain. Time alone was not healing the rift between the Dire and Vystrian wolves, vows or no. Young cubs were reigniting not yet forgotten ways from before R'rkain was cast down and blood was already being shed.

Seeing another great divide forming, N'erva, Newly appointed Vhalen of the Myr, knew he needed a way to bring both wolven races together. But Cirrus smiled upon the Myr Vhalen and sent him a dream in which he saw Dire and Vystrian wolves working together to a great victory over the past. Groups of Dire and Vystrian wolfs lifting something together in what seemed to be a great event. A great need settled upon N’ervas heart to bring this dream into the world.

So N’erva settled into a time of great thought, plans and treaties rushing through his mind as he walked along the great shore of Myr Lake. But none felt right, none called to the dream that was still so clear in his mind. It was on one of these walks that he came across an overly large bone. This he suddenly knows was what the two groups in his dream had been lifting. Attempting to pick it up he found the bone heavier than any that he had come across. He knew that this must have been sent by Cirrus himself and weighted with the past. Only with both Dire and Vystrians working together would they be able to lift the bone.

He got the Guard to drag the bone back to the pack, upon his return he told his Vhela of what he had found. Knowing of his dream she sent word to the Chief of the nearest Vystrian pack, telling him of what they had been gifted and of N’erva’s dream.

Shortly after he arrived to view the bone for himself. Upon seeing it he to knew that the dream must be real and that he must work together with the Myr clan to bring the dream to reality. Turning to N’erva he said, “This is the Baobone and it shall be the thing that brings peace between us.”

Thus the Baobone was named.

Together the N’erva and the Chief of the Vystrian wolves spoke long and turned to Cirrus for guidance in creating the game, for now, they knew what it was that they were creating.

It was agreed that each team shall have an equal number of Vystrians and Dires within, representing the commitment made to never battle against each other again.

The Baobone would represent the challenges and past mistakes they would need to face as one race as only together they could overcome the past.

Soon the first game was set, warly young from both races came, wishing to honour the wishes of Cirrus, who touched each of the players with his presence, bringing to their tongues a chant that is still said today,

Together we overcome
The past, laying behind us.
Victory shall never elude us.

- Recorded by Hai, Seer of the Myr.

This post has been edited by Concinnity: May 15 2018, 12:00 PM

--------------------
CHARACTERS =Cyra, Alucius, Myth, Titius, Garvan, Thia, Aeliana, Terva, Bruttia, Helena (Pair-Bonded)Rochlan, Reunan, (Bonded) Valerian, Tovran, Lithan.

(Red is for characters in Current Threads! ALL are still open for Lore or Historical threads)
^
NAME:Nix
ORIGINS: Dragon & Rider sport about 600 Felnovian years ago
SUBJECT: Sport of Catcatching
TYPE: Story
TELLER: An old Felris named Portia
ENTRY:
Oh, hello there! You heard I started Catcatching? Well, you’re right. Me and my good old Scartooth, Isn’t that right buddy? Anyways, It all started a beautiful summer afternoon.

I had been out flying with Scar here, and we were… How high up were we? Oh we had to be up almost over the clouds. And I had fallen. To give my good old boy here time to catch me I started doing tricks. Of course, once he caught me, he yelled at me for not tightening the straps on the saddle, and how stupid I was…

But where was I? Anywho, apparently some of the others in our group, there were about three of us, had seen the stunts I was pulling. Oh we were all competitive, and they couldn’t be shown up! I was the youngest back then, and wooo was that a big drawback.

So them and their dragons flew on up, and they all took turns falling and doing tricks! I was laughing so hard I’m sure the gods heard! So we started doing that when we weren’t on jobs, and eventually it caught on when we found another rider. Of course, I was always the best, with my Scar there at my side.

One day when we had gone to Evylon, I didn’t realize at the time that time travelled differently even though my name is from Halgia, and we found a big group of dragonriders. And they asked us if we wanted to join in, and we asked right on back, ‘what are we joining?’ And they said the most amazing thing.

‘Catcatching’

And we asked what catcatching was, of course, and they said, ‘Well you take you dragon really high, almost up to the clouds, and then you do tricks while freefalling’

So we all, of course, said that we were the ones who made that up. At the end of that day we came out with fivehundred jaden in prize money and each of us got a medal.

Welp, That’s my story about catcatching for today. Maybe later, when I’m not so tired, I can tell you about that one time in Xaeri with the skykin Catcatching tournament!

~Portia

This post has been edited by Nix: May 23 2018, 07:27 PM

--------------------
Aiahnaiah(Healer's Attempt)
Aurum(Thundering hooves)
Ashanta/Ishizu(Forgotten together)
Lusin/Diell(Silver wings)
Khrisstopher/Jhessikha/Angilicia/Xavier(Queen & Messenger)
Umbrun/Glacias(Facing Fears)
Perilia/Zinnos(Reserved)
One/Two/Three(Old friends and new places)
Iruk(Reserved)
Layla(Reserved)
Cadell(Mix Tape)
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll