by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Closed

Alchemist's Conscript, Message if you want to be involved!
SETTING: Xaeri, 5 hours south of K'Rizael by foot

WEATHER: The weather is fair

TIME: Current

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Beaver: Lithrix Lanchnam -- @Nidelia: Zabaione -- @[Zenderkarian]: Aki

Dressed in a grey wool jerkin and brown breeches Lithrix Lanchnam wandered the stone carved streets of K'Rizael. The early morning sun shone through his honeyed blonde hair, resting messily upon his shoulders. He clung to a long a leather sack was tied at the top. He used this device to put some weight on as he navigated the confusing labyrinth of side roads and alleyways. Upon his back a knapsack rested, closed with a crude bone broach, next to which housed a sack with several sticks poking from one end.

Lithrix's tail flicked impatiently from side to side with a a scowl cast upon his lips. The city of K'Rizael, infamous home to the mythkin was a very endearing city however this city had left a bad taste in his mouth. His night prior was spent searching for an inn that served ale. After finding one he quickly found out there was a three drink limit, when he left the he searched for a gambling den in vain, getting lost among the winding streets almost immediately. There he looked for a brothel, stumbling into a building where performers danced on a stage.

Upon seeing the dancers his tail began to wag and he attempted to enter before someone stopped him asking for a ticket. Defeated he ended up going back to the inn only to get lost for two hours having to rent a room in a different inn, where they had not even sold alcohol. Now that day was upon him he wandered aimlessly attempting to salvage some sort of silver lining to the city. K'Rizael was a place of learning, emphasizing the arts and magic. Two skills Lithrix did not possess nor was interested in.

Suddenly he came upon The Key Ingredient, an Alchemist shop by the looks of the phials in the window. With a stubborn sigh he took a swig of liquor from a wineskin and meandered into the shoppe. He began inspecting the flora on display. The shoppe seemed to be empty and he got to browse in peace for a few moments. He was inspecting a strange red glowing root when an old man emerged from the back with a large smile. "Hello! Welcome to--" He started cheerfully as his face distorted into a grimace.

Lithrix arched a brow. "Ah the Delfeen Elfblade Root, very pretty colors, quite." He said in a condescending manner. The creature took a whiff and shook his head, mumbling. "And smells of a brewery to boot." It was at this moment Lithrix decided he was not a fan of Myth Kin either. His tan and brown dingo tail ceased any movement and he took a deep breath in sighing. "Actually this one was looking for some Brynebundle leaves." Lithrix managed between clenched teeth.

The old man looked bored, "Oh you know a some of the native Flora. How good for you." He muttered. "Whatever the case Brynebundle is low in stock at the moment, a local college has conscripted me to provide them with several ingredients. The college uses Brynebundle leaves in a tonic to attune their focus." The alchemist ranted before affixing his eyes back on Lithrix, and scoffing about to open his mouth for another derivative comment. "Why the fuck would they use Brynebundle as a tonic for focus? Simple Alura roots, milk of the Diem and Stannis taproots would have proven much cheaper and far more useful than that ancient concoction. Let me guess it's that ten plus ingredient potion they use in Scylla?"

Suddenly Lithrix was more aggravated at the shop keep than before. "Let this one guess you suggested that potion so you'd get more money out of em?" The Myth-kin was astounded shaking his head hastily. "Nono! When they originally conscripted me they told me they needed supplies for that ridiculous concoction and I told them the very same thing you just told me. Exact recipe too... When I pressed it as well they simply took offense and said there were plenty of other alchemist shops around this quarter. I'm sorry sir I mistook you. What with your appearance... I had no idea you were an alchemist."

"I'm of a different pedigree than you, old man. The difference we share is that this one is the type that goes out to gather his own herbs and roots, instead he doesn't keep gardens on the roof of his comfy city home. And this one is no true alchemist he mixes what he needs to keep going." Lithrix said leaning on the counter."Listen I am most sorry to have offended you, forest kin. My name is Bulbosa, if what you say is true I may have a job for you." Lithrix pushed off of the counter and folded his arms.

"Lithrix listens." He said introducing himself. "Well that college has been draining me dry here, yes they offer fair prices and consistent business but my gardens are becoming depleted and stock coming in has been moving slow as of late. The caravan is a week late and I fear for their fate. The college has been pestering me to deliver, and I fear they may break our contract."

"What is it you require?" Lithrix said smirking. "Well I'm in need of frostfang about fifteen of them, with the roots unharmed. They only grow in snow capped locations, which is the problem, there isn't much access to the frostfang plant here. Apparently they grow abundant around I'ree Se'ath. I can reward you handsomely. Five hundred Jaden sound fair?" Lithrix's ears perked up, he was about to tell the old man to piss off in the next breath. He smirked.

"500 Jaden, seems fair, but this one will will also collect Brynebundle because he like other natives know the import of a healing powder and how valuable it can be to the native people. Ten jaden per leafcluster." The clerk thrust his hand out and the deal was sealed. Lithrix rushed out the door and began down the stone paths toward the southern gate of the city. At the entrance he came upon a street urchin, he reached into his coinpurse and found two silver jaden, the last two in his pouch, "Hey pup!" He blurted, flicking the coin toward the kid, which he dropped at first. "Thank you sir!" The child said sleepily. He smiled, "Now don't miss this one." At that he flicked his last jaden toward the child which caught him more by surprise than the first, although he managed to snag the piece of silver in midair. "50 jaden?..." He bit the piece of silver and inspected it, before Lithrix gave him a wink and sauntered on heading south.

He walked for nearly five hours and he was still two hours away from the famed frozen lake. Coming to a halt, he took a swig from his wineskin and surveyed the area. Suddenly he saw a grouping of red berries, he padded closer squinting. He knelt and inspected the plant. His eyes went wide. Brynebundle! He began pulling the leaves from their stems. He had a handful in an apothicary's satchel and he was working on another handful when suddenly his ears perked up, he heard a sound to the south... Suddenly he began to sniff the air, rising slowly. He took a swig of alcohol and sniffed again, picking up his long wooden stick slowly. He stood erect, waiting.
^
Music reference if you so desire

user posted image
Made using Recolor.me

Zabaione had always been told not to go outside the tribe, but she was too curious, so she got outside the tribe, then started to skip her way through the forest, narrowly dodging any twigs and such that would trip her, singing a lovely little song, up until the point that she face plants into the ground. "OOMPF!" she lets out before rolling onto her back and tries to get up, but in the process of that she finds a slippery spot and goes rolling down hill towards someone she only assumes is there, given that he isn't a grey aura. "Help!" she yipes at him as she's somersaulting his way and can't stop due to the slope.

--------------------
I'm a little tea pot short and stout, thi- hey, whoa, wait, it's not time to tip me over and pour me out!

Nidelia|Selkie
Jamarion|Phoenix
Natheniel S | Human
Alinoa S | Vampire
Balinore | Pure Elf
Sylvia | Gem Drake
^
Lithrix's ears perked up to a new sound, suddenly the figure of a young girl came tumbling down an adjacent hill, headed right for him. He leaped into action running up the hill with a quickness catching the creature, which he quickly determined to be Xeriin. He looked into the creature's grey eyes and cocked his head. "Well that's one way to make an entrance. Y'know little one" He said, releasing the child upright, and kneeling down. "It's common knowledge children like rolling down hills, but you're the first I've seen to go down a hill face first. You take your play pretty seriously don't you?"

Lithrix took a swig from his wineskin, wiped his mouth and capped the bladder. This gave him an idea and he chuckled. "Y'know I've been known to fall down hills too." He smiled looking over the girls lilac colored hair, what was she doing way out here in the middle of nowhere? By the looks of her clothes she could be a tribal, which made him slightly uneasy. Many tribes tended to be isolationist and wary of travelers if not downright aggressive.
^
Aki had been casually leaning against a tree in the forest when she heard someone scream for help. Her deer ears twitched, and she frowned slightly. Perhaps another saurian was attacking. If so, she was well equipped to deal with it.
She ran towards the direction of the cry, only to find that a young girl had fallen down the hill. She hesitated, unsure if she should get involved. As she considered what to do, and watched a new arrival help the girl, she nervously ran her hands over her leather bag, which held more than a few alchemical components for her project.
While her father didn't approve on what she was up to, Aki was convinced that she had made the right choice in embarking upon what she did. The more she could find out about her mother was to get the ingredients for a screwing bowl, which she had all but one component.
Finally she made up her mind and slid down the hill using the soles of her boots.

--------------------
You know, we all thought I was crazy... Oh wait, I still am! :3 *insane cackling*
^
ooc::
GROUP THREAD, INACTIVE MEMBER :: NOTIFIED !

It's come to our attention that a member of this group thread has fallen inactive and has not posted for two or more weeks! They have been poked, and if they do not respond within three days then you are free to skip them!

Thank you for your patience!

--------------------
user posted image
-blazeh was here and did stuff- ;D
^
ROLE-PLAY LOCKED: CHARACTER(S) WITHOUT APP(S) !

This thread has been closed due to ONE OR MORE characters involved in this thread not having proper pages, or infoposts. Please either post your character's information, or a link to your character information, in the proper forum. More information can be found here. After characters are approved and added to the Pages and Names thread, your thread may be unlocked.

Role-play in this topic will be suspended until the character information has been added.

The list of characters needing apps are listed below:

Aki

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
ROLE-PLAY LOCKED & MOVED: INACTIVITY !

This thread has been closed due to it remaining inactive for two or more months. It has been moved to archives; if you'd like to continue it, please PM a staff member to move it back - or alternatively, if too much time has passed, feel free to make a new one and link back to this one.

Thank you!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed