by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Closed

Escape from Albronel, For Izzy and Me!
PLAYERS INVOLVED: Concinnity, @Izzy

SETTING: Vystriana, Albronel

WEATHER: Clouded

TIME: Two years from current

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: (Concinnity) Valerian, Tovran and Lithan. (Izzt) Tan'la

This post has been edited by Concinnity: Apr 26 2018, 12:59 PM

--------------------
CHARACTERS =Cyra, Alucius, Myth, Titius, Garvan, Thia, Aeliana, Terva, Bruttia, Helena, Ru, Evandor, Tiberius, Varden, Merlyn,Relius, Tristan (Triss), Teal, Adrian

(Pair-Bonded)

Rochlan, Reunan,

(Bonded)

Valerian, Tovran, Lithan, Talia, Arrian

(Red is for characters in Current Threads! ALL are still open for Lore or Historical threads)
^
Valerian was ambling from stall to stall, happily lost in the bright colours and loud calls from merchants, despite the heavy cloud above the market was alive with people and things to see. Lithan was perched upon his shoulder and Tovran off harassing a merchant for a bright jewel of some kind.

Here surrounded by the press of people the idea of war was so far removed from the everyday life of Alubria.

: This," Lithan said telepathically, : Is what autumn afternoons are about... :

: Oh, what rubbish! : Tovran butted in, : Haggling, getting the deal... :

: Not having you two fight in my head again...: Valerian said, exasperation tinted with amusement and memories of times spent "arguing" with himself much to the worry of those standing close by.

A splash of bright cloth caught his eye Valerian started to head across the small square...

This post has been edited by Concinnity: Apr 26 2018, 01:00 PM

--------------------
CHARACTERS =Cyra, Alucius, Myth, Titius, Garvan, Thia, Aeliana, Terva, Bruttia, Helena, Ru, Evandor, Tiberius, Varden, Merlyn,Relius, Tristan (Triss), Teal, Adrian

(Pair-Bonded)

Rochlan, Reunan,

(Bonded)

(Red is for characters in Current Threads! ALL are still open for Lore or Historical threads)
^
The dragoness didn't have any particular reason to come into the city today, but she had felt rather bored and wanted to amuse herself by heading to the bazaar to browse through the dozens of merchants' wares.

She glided through the streets, her large feathered wings folded in tightly against her sides to avoid accidentally destroying any of the displays around her or injuring someone. Her long, graceful neck afforded her a decent view of her surroundings, and she focused in on a vendor who was selling colorful fabrics and a few hand-made sparkly accessories on the other side of the square. Tan'la slithered over, curious to see if there was anything she could make use of.

She coiled up her long, snakelike body when she arrived at the stand to avoid leaving her tail stretched across the market as a tripping hazard. There was an elf already at the stand, appreciating the delicate fabrics, but what was more interesting than the man himself was the tiny golden dragon perched on his shoulder. She tried to avoid staring, but cast several intrigued glances from the corner of her eye while she studied a sparkling amethyst geode. "What would your price be for this?" she asked the proprietor, wanting to give the appearance that she was truly shopping and not spying. He informed her that it would cost 75 jaden, and she began a closer examination of the sparkling stone to decide whether it was truly worth the money.

--------------------
MY CHARACTERS

Tan'la — introverted amphithere who loves her friends
Dervish — gruff human mad scientist

^
Contemplating a rich green fabric for a new coat Valerian didn't notice the Amphithere until Lithan gently nudged him with a wing,

:I think that we are the subject of interest...: He said over their mental link.

Valerian subtly turned to look at a jewel upon the table and steal a glance at the Amphithere.

:Something we need to worry about?: He asked as he requested a price on the fabric.

Tovran, left his spot and flew down to settle upon his other shoulder, blatantly eyeing the curious dragon beside them.

:There is an alley just around the corner that leads to a warren of streets to lose her in if need be: Tovran added as she settled his wings, his violet shimmer shining against his black scales.

:Before all of you go into full battle mode,: Lithan said as he swatted his brother with his tail, :I pick up nothing from her but curiosity.:

Valerian only half heard the vendors reply, he was aware that it was something far beyond what he could afford. His attention was now on the Amphithere, he could see her looking at them from the corner of her eye as she only half evaluated the stone before her.

Deciding to take a gamble he stepped nearer and said out loud,

"That is far too much for an ammolite stone that size." He smiled to show that he had approached her with friendly intentions while Tovran glowered past his ear and Lithan leaned forward prepared both for the worst and interested in her reply.

--------------------

(Pair-Bonded)

Rochlan, Reunan,

(Bonded)

^
Her quarry clearly knew they were being observed, as they focused their attention on her and drew closer. Tan'la fretted momentarily that they wouldn't take kindly to her unwarranted attention, particularly as an additional tiny dragon lighted on their ward's shoulder. Now he had one miniature lizard perched on each side, one eyeing her warily while the other glared daggers.

Thankfully, the elf himself seemed friendly enough, striding over and proclaiming to the merchant that he was asking far too much for the stone. She breathed a subtle sigh of relief that it hadn't become a violent encounter...yet. Looking to the outraged vendor, she bobbed her large head apologetically. "I apologize. I don't mean to waste your time, but I believe I will leave the stone for another day. Thank you, and I wish you luck with your business." As he muttered some choice words, she turned to the elf and his dragons and offered them a kind smile.

"Thank you for the advice, sir," she said with a courteous nod. The amphithere moved away from blocking the stalls and lowered herself further to intimidate the trio less. "I am Tan'la." It was difficult to tell whether they would actually want to spend any time in her presence, especially the more spiteful-looking drake, but a polite introduction couldn't hurt anything.

--------------------
MY CHARACTERS

Tan'la — introverted amphithere who loves her friends
Dervish — gruff human mad scientist

^
Valerian smiled at the obviously shy amphithere, "I am Valerian and these are my two bonds Tovran," he lifted the shoulder with the black dragon with a violet tinge to his scale upon it, " and this is his brother Lithan." He did another one-sided shrug to indicate that he spoke of the golden slightly eastern looking gold dragon.

Lithan twitched his wings and nodded his head in greeting, "Well met Tan'la." he said, a warm feeling of greeting coming from him. "Don't mind my brother he is almost always suspicious and grumpy.

A snort came from Tovran, "Me? Grumpy? What rubbish!"

"You are the one standing there glaring!" Tovran gave his brother a filthy look then stuck out his tongue.

Valerian, whose head we between the to loudly arguing dragons, pulled a pained face and sighed, "Welcome to the inside of my head!" he said, a touch of wry humour tinting his voice.

--------------------

(Pair-Bonded)

Rochlan, Reunan,

(Bonded)

^
ooc::
ROLE-PLAY LOCKED & MOVED: INACTIVITY !

This thread has been closed due to it remaining inactive for two or more months. It has been moved to archives; if you'd like to continue it, please PM a staff member to move it back - or alternatively, if too much time has passed, feel free to make a new one and link back to this one.

Thank you!

--------------------
Aiahnaiah(Open)
Aurum(Thundering hooves)
Ashanta/Ishizu(Forgotten together)
Lusin/Diell(Silver wings)
Khrisstopher/Jhessikha/Angilicia/Xavier(Queen & Messenger)
Umbrun/Glacias(Facing Fears)
Perilia/Zinnos(Reserved)
One/Two/Three(Old friends and new places)
Iruk(Wendigo Attack)
Layla(Open)
Cadell(Mix Tape)
Juliesa(New Acquaintances)
Roziel/Nefasi(Open)
Rhodynn(Demon's Call)
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed