<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Vystriana

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

» angelic LIGHT !!, Blazeh, Mav
Mavanger
 Posted: Sep 17 2017, 07:55 AM
Member Inventory: View

member #381

‣ Male

33 posts

Mavanger

Worldbuilder/Artist
Disillusioned Illusionist

☆ Offline

314 jaden

Awards: 6

Nirn walked for a long time, and wasn't even aware that the young girl had caught up to her until she spoke. Nirn didn't respond immediately, instead she kept walking. She let the girl finish before responding.

"When I was your age, I didn't have a family. A group of thieves brought me in, became my new family. When Albronel was sacked by that monster, he killed them all. I've seen it more and more since I became a member of the Faction- Dragons not properly ruling their people, instead letting hundreds die to murderous dragons. We could only kill the evil ones, but evil can still spawn from good." she said. She looked behind her, where she knew the body would be if she retraced her steps.

"I kill dragons for the Faction in the hopes that there won't be more like me." she said. She lifted her hand, and in it, there came a miniature illusion of the Queen. "I'm killing her next, and ending this personally. Don't follow me- you'll get hurt." she said, dispelling the illusion, and continued to walk with the hope she's find a Faction patrol soon.
^
Verridith
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 05:45 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9397 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17365 jaden

Awards: 31

"Y-You don't understand," Luna cried. The little avian girl clutched the small token fiercely, so tightly that her knuckles shone white. "They're k-killing this Realm! The Faction i-is destroying Felnova! Don't y-you see? The e-e-earthquakes, the... the energy storms, they... don't y-you see?"

Her eyes shone brightly; then, their glow intensified. Light seemed to shimmer around her in a haze, and suddenly the tears stopped. Her trembling, her crying, her fear - everything stopped.

And when she spoke again, it was not Luna herself; not just Luna, but many, voices that had not been heard but by her for many ages. "If you want to know for yourself," she - they - said, "then we will show you this truth."

The little girl wavered suddenly; the glow from her eyes dimmed, and her wings fluttered uncertainly. But then, her eyes flared with light as bright as fallen stars, and her skin gained an ethereal white glow, like that of a ghost. That light spun off of her in flying, glowing orbs sheared through the air and circled her in blazing passes, shining as lost and faded souls radiating compressed power. Six of them there were; six that tore away from her as the girl collapsed, spinning in a circle some ways away.

The air inside them shimmered brightly, and a portal appeared - it was different than most portals, and shone with intense light. Suddenly, something pushed through and a large, taloned paw stepped onto the earth, golden scales sheathed in a black-leather glove, a band of elven silver gleaming at the wrist. Obsidian claws dug into the earth as a tapered head and serpentine neck pushed through, bared fangs shining white and one red-violet eye narrowed in anger and grief. Scars scored the other half of the dragoness' face, reaching from the black plates that topped her head all the way to the back of her mouth. Violet markings scored on her gold-scaled face, and silver horns gleamed over deep scarlet feathers.

As the rest of the dragoness stepped through, wings mantled and tail lashing, it was readily apparent who and what she was. "Who dares call me forth," the Queen snarled angrily, as the portal and faded souls suddenly ceased to exist. She was standing over the comatose form of Luna, now - and her gaze was locked on Nirn.

"What Faction murderer - smelling of dragon blood - stands before me to die?"

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Mavanger
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 07:33 PM

member #381

‣ Male

33 posts

Mavanger

Worldbuilder/Artist

☆ Offline

314 jaden

As the girl spoke, Nirn began to back away, wishing that she hadn't let her blades dispel. As the protal opened, and Verridith, the Queen of Dragons, climbed out, Nirn felt a creeping terror rise up. She had been afraid as she fought Baron, but this was a genuine fear for her life. All she had was a small dagger strapped to her boot, her only weapon not held together by enchantments. Even then, she doubted it was long enough to do any real damage, much less kill the Queen.

But she drew it anyways. She would not die running from the Faction's most wanted. No, she would die fighting, and maybe, just maybe, if she fought hard enough, she could take the Queen with her. She stood tall, short as she was, especially compared to the massive dragon. She lifted he chin, and spoke. She had an idea.

"I am Nirn, a dragonhunter that rose from the ashes of Albronel, where your own uncle, Gilgamesh, killed my family." she said. Around her, black smoke began pouring from the trees. The Queen no doubt knew of Kitsunes, but if the illusion obscured her vision, and the field around them, it wouldn't matter whether Verridith knew it was in illusion or not. With that, she leaped backwards into her own smoke. Verridith was huge, and bright, and easily spotted, even inside of the smoke.
^
Verridith
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 09:45 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9397 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17365 jaden

"Do not speak to me that traitor's name," the Gold spat furiously; she watched the smoke with ire, but didn't bound after the kitsune - no, she knew better than to trail an enemy into a trap. "If you came from Albronel, do you not recall what happened there, prior to him blasting away most of my city?"

She sat back on her haunches, and fire blossomed all around her; Luna lay motionless inbetween her paws, though the queen didn't spare her any glances. As the flames grew, they formed a loose ring around Verridith, and she contemplated the hiding kitsune as her tail lashed back and forth behind her. "I was taking in refugees," she hissed, fangs bared. "I was trying to protect my people from Scylla's wrath. And what did I get for it, but a crossbow bolt to the eye and my city burned to the ground by both the Faction and my own Five-damned blood?"

The fires burned higher, and grass around them began to blacken and char. Finally, the dragoness looked down at the figure between her paws, and the ring of fire began to slowly widen. "Dragonslayer fox," she spat, rising. "If you wish to do battle with me, over something so misguided as the Faction's insanity, then please; come to your death. You already smell of dragon's blood. I would gladly rip you from this world, like all of the others who seek this Realm's death!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Mavanger
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 08:18 PM

member #381

‣ Male

33 posts

Mavanger

Worldbuilder/Artist

☆ Offline

314 jaden

Nirn scoffed in the shadows. My Queen, I don't remember much about that day. What I do remember was finding my family dead, burnt to a crisp by Gilgamesh's fire. What I do remember was the Faction, fighting desperately to stop you tyrant uncle whom you, the Queen of Dragons, merely exiled him while the crowds demanded blood!" she called.

As she spoke, she circled, casting illusions of herself in the mists as they grew closer to Verridith's ring of fire. She let the Queen of Gold's next words sink in, not responding. Surely the dragon was lying, after all. As she moved, her apparitions following, the ring began to widen,and Nirn stopped speaking, instead concentrating of a fireproofing enchantment.

When she finished, the ring had nearly reached her. The enchantment would stop her from catching fire, but as she dived through the fire, she could feel the heat, and for a single, dreadful moment, she thought the enchantment might not hold. And then she was through, still cloaked in her mists.
^
Verridith
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 10:29 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9397 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17365 jaden

"Oh, yes, the Faction speaks such truths," Verridith spat, disgusted at the kitsune's words. She got back to her paws and paced back and forth within the expanding wing of fire, sparks arcing from scale to scale. She was growing angrier - and her anger was showing in very visible, very palpable rage. "If I had been able to stay after being shot through the eye I would have had his head for what he did. But you! You and your blasted Faction - you tried to kill me and slaughter my kin, so how, I ask you, might I have been able to defend you from such a traitor with a bolt through my skull?"

She sensed Nirn's presence and snarled, whirling as she looked over where the presence was felt. Summoning her magic, she loosed a crackling wave of electricity towards it, in an arc that hissed and crackled and spat as it met her relative wall of flames. "And you," she sneered, watching carefully for some sign she'd hit her quarry, "you despicable fox can't even face me without your illusions and deceptions - do you think you're any better than the murderers you call friends?"

Luna, now next to Verridith's right hind paw, slowly began to stir. Though she didn't waken - not yet - if she stayed there, she might be trampled... or worse.

And then, the fires surged backwards along where they had just burned, twisting into a fiery cyclone that was slowly closing inwards. "Egg-shattering cowards like you should burn in hell," the Queen growled. "Face me before you burn, traitor! I wish to know the identity of the criminal I destroy!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Mavanger
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 06:30 PM

member #381

‣ Male

33 posts

Mavanger

Worldbuilder/Artist

☆ Offline

314 jaden

Slowly, with her knowledge, her perceptions of what happened that day began to crumble. She knew Verridith had been injured, but she was always told it was in a far away city. As Verridith revealed these truths to her, and that's what it had to be- the truth, Nirn perceptions of dragons began to fall away. Slowly, but enough for a sudden surge of guilt for the murder of the baron to send her to her knees. That's what it was. Not a fight, not a duel, not self defense. Murder. She had murdered an innocent being, just for being a dragon.

Desperately, she tried to cling on to what she had left, letting out a strangled cry as her illusions began to fade. "You're lying!" she screamed, on her knees, enveloped in shadows. An arc of lighting flew past her, singing her arm as she desperately rolled to the side to avoid it. "You weren't there! you didn't help us! We called for you! They called for you to save them in the shining capital! And you weren't there! But the Faction was. They fought your blood of as you hid from the fight!" she shouted, tears falling down her face.

She no longer had the will to fight the queen, however. Even as she shouted of lies, she knew she was only lying to herself. She couldn't admit that though. If she admitted that, then she was a murderer, a taker of innocent lives, and she couldn't bear that thought. The shadows were fading, both over her mind and over the field as the fiery ring became a cyclone of orange destruction. And as they did, the last of the shadows dissipated, and she glanced up at Verridith, the Queen of Gold.

She had killed innocents. She had killed fathers, brothers, mothers, sisters, friends. She had done to many what Gilgamesh had done to her. Staring into Verridith's eyes, seeing the pure rage, she closed her own as the cyclone drew closer. Her enchantment began to falter, but she didn't move. Murderers deserved this. She deserved this.
^
Verridith
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 09:10 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9397 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17365 jaden

"No, I was not there," Verridith snarled, as the heat grew more intense - the fires swirled closer, and closer and closer, as she reared her head up, fangs flashing in anger. "I was pulled away by those who cared more for my wellbeing and the stability of the Realm while your Faction tore half my face away and began slaughtering my followers as they were caught in the Faction's chaotic lies!"

She lifted one paw, claws upraised, as Luna finally lifted her head. "I've heard enough of Faction lies for a lifetime, fox! Die and let the world be rid of your murderous ways!"

The talons, sharp as honed steel, descended, arcing towards Nirn in a blow that would shred the faltering kitsune where she -

- but then a blast of light knocked Verridith's talons away, and she struck the ground beside Nirn, as she roared in surprise and pain. "No, please stop!" someone shouted; Verridith snaked her neck and head around to snarl at Luna, who had sat up and now half-hid in her wings, terrified and crying. "Don't k-kill her! Please!"

"And why shouldn't I?" the Gold snapped, advancing on the traumatized avian, before she stopped short - a moment of realization passed over her scarred face, and very, very suddenly, the fires began to spin out of existence, as its constant roar and heat began to fade. "You... it cannot be. You are... you are Luna, Tefla's daughter- but-" The surprised queen withdrew a step, and shot a look at Nirn. "Have you done this, too, fox?

"Have you kidnapped this girl, for your beloved Faction's experiments? Answer me! For if you have, I will give you no quarter... you will die a murderer and a child kidnapper, and I will flay you where you stand!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Mavanger
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 05:49 AM

member #381

‣ Male

33 posts

Mavanger

Worldbuilder/Artist

☆ Offline

314 jaden

Nirn was also thrown backwards from the burst of light, and rolled across the ground. Slowly, she stood back up, swaying from exhaustion. No. She couldn't die worse than she truly was. "What experiments? The Faction exists purely to kill Dragons! In fact, I saved this child's life!" Her life was already being torn apart by logic and a new perspective, but she wouldn't be vilified further.

She pointed at the girl. "If you don't believe me, ask her yourself." she said, picking her dagger up and sheathing it. Nowthat the realization had set in, he realized she didn't want to die. No. She wanted revenge for what the Faction had turned her into. "But if you're telling the truth about the faction. then let me help you kill them. I'm already a killer. There's no helping that, but I can certainly turn on the ones that lied to me and convinced me to murder your kind."
^
Verridith
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 09:26 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9397 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17365 jaden

This was an odd turn of events. A very odd turn. Verridith snarled and hissed, slammed her tail upon the ground and began to slowly pace. Anger was rampant within her, and she wanted blood - to sever the lives of the Faction who had caused her such pain. And yet, as she looked upon the kitsune and the scared little girl... something in her wanted to pity them, to believe them, and forgive this one's crimes.

The Faction was at fault for this. The leaders of the Faction, corrupting her people. Destroying her people. Infecting all of their fragile lives.

"Yes, the Faction tells many lies," she spat, finally stilling her movements and giving Nirn a disgruntled look. She no longer seemed completely incensed, though there was anger and grief that burned in her remaining eye hotter than the most powerful suns. "The Faction and their snakekind allies are destroying my Realm, as well as the Realm of Kurai - they allow Orochi to steal our children and turn them into weapons, and you were deluded into thinking that they are right. They do not wish just to kill dragons. They exist to slaughter anyone who calls dragons friend, who holds loyalty to the crown, or who claims the gods real and true."

She hissed, and sank her talons deep into the earth. "They wish to destroy all that was and all that will ever be..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

web
statistics