by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...
Forum Rules Setting Information

All information on the current Realm can be found here:

The Spirit Realms and Hell

Add Reply
New Poll

TRULY the DEVIL, Blazeh, Slankr, Fyfer
PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@slankr
@Fyfergrund

SETTING:
In Hell, some ways from Castle Oblivion, amid a sea of undead and dark, fading spirits. Hellfire flares from cracks in the ground, and the scent of blood and sulfur is extravagant.

WEATHER:
Hot.

TIME:
Some days behind! No time. (it's Hell idk LOL)

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Leon (Verridith), Simon (Slankr), Enbarr (Fyfer)

This post has been edited by Verridith: Apr 13 2018, 04:37 PM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Simon Breckenridge gazed at the desolation around him feeling somewhat intimidated despite his new status as a good ward of Linath. It was just so.... depressing here. He missed the vibrant colors and (mostly) happy people of the ghost realm. Even the mono-chrome monotony of the spirit realm was cheerful compared to this. Simon felt more than a bit of gratitude to whoever he had been in life that he had ended up in the ghost realm rather than here. Still he thought I've been "given leave", more like commanded, by the goddess to travel the various spirit realms before I go to the living realms. She seemed to think that it would prepare me to live in some way. He took one last glance over the hell-scape, shuddered, and thought That, or she wanted to make the potential consequences of her displeasure very clear.

--------------------
^
The sweltering heat never bothered him - not anymore. But on this day, it was draining, and he felt as though he'd never escape back to the depths of icy Castle Oblivion.

Controlling the undead while Megiddo was away was one thing; they would listen, for a time. But ordering the hellhounds, and especially the souleaters, to do anything was nearly impossible. A young avian man stood on a rocky outcrop and looked over the teeming undead, as they wandered the burning waste. Two souleaters bickered with each other as the dead gave them a wide berth, sharing the remnants of some dark soul. Their hellfire manes burned and crackled, and smoke whispered from vents in their sides. One had bright purple eyes; the other a sullen dark green.

The avian was a common sight in Hell - usually accompanied by Enbarr, or Megiddo himself. Today, however, he was alone. He wore a long, dark brown trenchcoat and tan breeches, with a plain white tunic; his wings were raven-black, and his hair was a dark brown. He wore nothing to signify his station as Megiddo's right hand, and it was this that one of the souleaters saw as it turned to look at him fully.

"There's a ripe soul, right there," the souleater hissed, flicking its serpentine tongue. "A living soul, no less." The avian rose, taking out a small Soulgem as the draconic creature tapped the ground with a wing claw. "A special one... why not make it our dinner?"

ooc;
Ah, hadn't realized you had done an intro XD This one was already half written, so just take it as you will. Didn't finish so you had an entry point!

--------------------
user posted image
^
Suddenly he felt a chill down his spine. Several sets of hostile, hungry, eyes were on him, eyes that belonged to beings powerful enough to stand out from even hell’s ever-present aura of malevolence. Carefully he turned in the direction the tightness in his guts, or where his guts would be if he had a true body, told him the danger was coming from. His eyes landed on a winged, humanoid form and two shadowy, lupine forms who's attention seemed fixed on him. While the winged individual seemed mearly curious, the other two had a distinctly ravenous aspect to them. Not wanting to show weakness in the face of aggression, Simon telekinetically released the daggar that Linath had given him from it's sheath on his left arm, slid it down his sleeve and, using a bit of slight of hand he had picked up from a deceased entertainer, made it seem to appear in his hand from nowhere. The instant the handle was secure in his hand he fed the weapon his raitatsu and commanded it to expand into a katana that was triple the length of a standard katana, razor sharp, and, fittingly enough for the environment, as black as the void itself. He calmly Heald himself at a ready stance as he awaited the other party’s next move.

(OOC) Sorry about that, I didn't realize I was jumping the gun....

--------------------
^
To Enbarr, the ever-present heat of Hell's desolate landscape was inescapable. His corrosive reiatsu seemed to carry a hellish wind with it wherever he went, even into the coldest of ice-bound lands, and his long mane and tail swept around in response to the flowing energy.

Fiery eyes gazed out across the desolate landscape as the big hellhorse strode across the only ground he could pass without leaving corroded death in his wake. He had sought to find Megiddo, but had failed, forced to return to Hell before he left too much damage behind in his wake. As much as he hated it, he was of Hell, now, and he would be forced to wait until Megiddo returned, or word of whatever his fate was arrived.

As he wandered, his ears abruptly perked forward, and he stared ahead as he saw two souleaters confronting a familiar figure. Nearby stood another figure with a drawn sword, but the hellhorse barely spared the stranger a second glance. Heavy hooves beat out a dull rhythm as he cantered forward, cutting between the souleaters and the avian.

"This one is not for eating. Make do with what's on hand, but leave this one be," he warned, teeth baring slightly in a silent challenge.
^
The two reptilian beasts hissed at Enbarr, but only withdrew for a second. One of them seemed to lose interest, and turned around... the the larger of the two wyvern-beasts gave both hellhorse and avian an ugly, hungry look.

"The new King does not feed us," he hissed, circling around them. The other had noticed Simon, and hungrily made his way towards the new Ward, hellfire mane burning all down his silver-scaled body. "He does not allow us to dine on sweet, living souls... no..."

The other, who stopped a few yards away from Simon, added, "But he is not here... and there are living souls before us. He cannot order us to not if he is not here..."

"Thanks," the avian murmured to Enbarr, drawing a step back. Who was that other figure? However, Leon could only ponder this for a moment. Because then, the first souleater reared up and took a deep breath, summoning hellfire as the innards of its throat and mouth began to glow...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Having seen a blaitant sign of aggression, Simon didn't hesitate in the slightest. Using his kinetic abilities he launched himself towards the closest souleater, his katana morphing into an estoc mid-moment. His momentum and the extremely sharp point of the estoc allowed him to neatly skewer the souleater through one shoulder and out through the ribs on the other side. Grimly he continued to bear down on the draconic creature, knowing that he would loose the advantage if he gave the beast room to breath. Face pinched in grim determination, he began to expand the estoc into it's max size while simultaneously changing the shape into that of a longsword despite the fact that his blade was still embedded in the creature.

--------------------
^
Enbarr kept his attention firmly upon the pair of souleaters, not taking the one's apparent lack of interest as a lack of threat. Under their gazes, he didn't back down, mane and tail whipping around in the grip of his reiatsu. His own soul would hardly draw them any more than any other undead soul would, but Leon's was another matter entirely.

"Try it, and I will feed you death!" he promised. He hoped the stranger wouldn't be completely helpless, but neither would he endanger Leon to save the other. Hell was not a place to be taken lightly. When one of the souleaters approached the stranger, Enbarr kept his attention focused on the other, and snorted in fury when it drew breath, calling up a torrent of hellfire.

He surged into action, bolting forward as he lashed out with his reiatsu and dark magic, lashing the souleater's neck and sides with deadly, corrosive energy. Silvery hellfire glowed within the wounds he inflicted as the deadly flames began to burn their way out from inside the beast's body.
^
The souleater engaged with Simon snarled in pain; it whipped its head around to snap at the man, vents spewing hellfire all down its back. Its teeth snapped closed in a scissoring motion, trying to catch the Ward unawares, while its partner caterwauled some distance away.

Leon took a step back, wings mantled to either side. He clutched the gem close and watched the souleater writhe, flailing as he tried to reach the hellhorse - but pain drove it mad, and it slipped back down the embankment as it lost its footing.

"Enbarr," the avian breathed, "go help him... go, I'll be fine!"

Who is that...? Why is he here?

--------------------
user posted image
^
As the draconic creature snapped at him Simon threw himself backward so quickly his sword was yanked out of his hand. Disconnected from his raitatsu, his sword shrank into it's dagger form and fell into the gaping wound he had created in the souleater. Choosing discretion as the better part of valor, but unwilling to actually retreat, he put some distance between himself and the wounded beast and began gathering his energy, his spirit form beginning to shine a pure, bright light as he drew on the near-bottomless well of raitatsu his divine patron provided for him, and prepared to rip the soul eater apart with brute force if necessary.

This post has been edited by slankr: Apr 16 2018, 10:17 PM

--------------------
^
Enbarr snorted and shook his mane as the mortally wounded souleater tumbled down the embankment. He had warned the beasts, so its fate was its own doing. He glanced at Leon when the avian spoke, then at the stranger, reluctant to leave Leon unguarded. But, the remaining souleater was focused on the stranger, and, now that he was on guard, Leon wasn't helpless.

He abruptly sank into his shadow, and a split second later erupted from within the remaining souleater's shadow, wreathed in darkness, and pierced its belly and flank with his horn. His corrosive reiatsu tore at its insides, leaving it badly hurt, likely dying, but till, for the moment, alive as he thundered past it and beyond its reach.

Leon or the stranger would have a brief but clear opening to strike it down, were either of them of a mind to take advantage of it.
^
And suddenly, a bolt of darkness buried itself in the beast's skull.

With a single shriek, the souleater writhed violently on the ground for a moment, and then lay still. Leon lowered the crossbow, breathing hard, and sank to his knees, black wings to either side. He was exhausted - and things would get no better until Megiddo returned.

Then, his eyes slid to the glowing stranger, and he tiredly wondered who the man was. The crossbow in his hands transformed into a slender black spear; he used it to regain his feet, and leaned heavily upon it for support. Lifting a hand to Enbarr to let the hellhorse know he was alright, he then turned his full attention to Simon, brown eyes wary.

"Hail, stranger," he called tiredly. "Thank you for the help! Wh-Who... are you? What business do you have here...?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
HiAfter briefly checking the area for more threats, and spotting none, Simon allowed the energy he was gathering to dissipate. With a flourish he removed his hat from his head, spread his arms to his sides and bowed just slightly in response to the winged individual's inquiry.

"My name, good Sir., is Simon Breckenridge, and I am but a somewhat humble servant of the Lady Linath, Goddess of the Spirit Realms." He then returns his hat to his head, straightens his posture and continues "My Goddess has seen fit to return me to the land of the living in order to do her work amongst the living, but has ordered me to first tour the various spiritual realms and bring her greetings to the various rulers of said realms." Here he paused for a moment to briefly look around before finishing with "that having been said, if you would be so kind as to direct me to the god, king, dictator, overlord, or otherwise entitled ruler of this particular realm I would be most grateful."

This post has been edited by slankr: May 19 2018, 05:49 PM

--------------------
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll