<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

» Forge the Sword, Blazeh, OPEN
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 10:39 AM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Awards: 31

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@SpiritSai (Sai)

SETTING: Somewhere along the Myr and Vehn border. Forest.

WEATHER: Overcast. Very cold and windy. The wind whistles through the tree branches, and there's a hint of snow in the air.

TIME: Current! Dawn.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Moku (Blazeh), Vox (Sai)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 19 2017, 12:44 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The air was cold and damp. Fog built beneath leafless trees, and the wind whistled through empty branches, ice encrusted in some small cracks in the bark. Two figures moved beneath the frozen forest, walking swiftly, with no care for stealth or secrecy. A wolf and a much smaller animal argued with eachother as they padded on, heading south towards the Myr border.

"But you know, she might not have been all that bad-"

"Stop."

"No, really, this animosity is astounding. When Lady Ayunaye led the Myr, they were rather peaceful, except when we-"

"Shrike, I said stop."

"Think of the strength of us combined, though, Moku. Couldn't you talk t-"

"Stop!"

The word came out as a snarl between bared fangs as a large, golden-pelted wolf glared at his similarly-colored companion. Bi-colored eyes - one violet, one green - narrowed, and the one called Moku flattened his ears in anger. He was a tall wolf, lanky, not heavily muscled like his father and uncle, built for speed like his grandfather and mother. His fur was a deep, golden color that shaded to bronze down his back and legs, the top of his head, and the upper portion of his tail. Creamy undertones painted the inside of his ears, lightening his throat, the underside of his tail, and his belly. Silver, oddly metallic in the light, gleamed in stark markings along his paws and muzzle, and black tiger-stripes carved their way down his back and sides. His ruff was long and almost feathery, a deep black starting from between his eyes to crest down his neck, ending between his shoulders.

Both had stopped. The wolf's companion - a spirit-bonded familiar the Vehn pack called a 'freya' - was a golden-colored raccoon, who looked up at his partner in surprise. Rarely had Moku displayed such anger with him - and the Guard's anger dwindled down into guilt as he realized the same. "Sorry," the wolf muttered. His ears were still flattened, though he lowered his tail and sighed, walking off again. "I don't want to talk about them. Or her."

Her. The she-wolf who had stolen away his father and gotten him killed. The former Vhela - the alphess - of the Myr pack. And the Vehn's sworn and hated enemy.

But now, she had disappeared. The Myr pack had risen in anger and hatred, lashing out at the Vehn when they returned, blaming her disappearance on them. It angered Moku to even think of such things. Now that his family had finally returned to their homeland, to reclaim their territory, stronger than ever... and the monster the Myr unleashed was still free-roaming, the thing that had destroyed their den initially, that bitch had fled and now his pack was being blamed for it. How dare they!

"As far as I'm concerned," Moku continued with a growl, knocking a pebble out of his way with a paw, "the Myr can rot in hell. Let the Summoning take them all. There will never be peace."

--------------------
user posted image
^
SpiritSai
 Posted: Jan 19 2017, 09:23 AM

member #337

‣ Not Telling

40 posts

SpiritSai

Worldbuilder/Artist
Lonely Hybrid

☆ Offline

24849 jaden

Awards: 5

After a long and sleepless night, Vox had been wandering the forest restlessly for some time. It was cold and quiet, but despite the comfort such conditions brought him he just couldn't rest anymore.

"Could you at least tell me what's wrong?" muttered his tiny moth familiar, Eisei.

"Nothing, I just can't sleep."

"Did you have another nightmare? You can talk to me you know-"

"I don't want to talk about it anymore... talking brings all the memories back and makes it worse."

Eisei sighed and they kept walking, leaving a dim trail of greenish light behind them until Vox came to an abrupt stop. He lowered his body to listen to some footsteps and chattering further along the woodland.

"do you hear that?" said Vox "Who is that..."

They slowly snuck towards the noise until they could just barely make out who was causing it. Eager to hear more of what they were saying to each other and to find out who they were, Vox slowly started getting closer and closer trying his hardest to be as silent as the shroud of darkness hiding them from these new strangers.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 09:56 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Moku wasn't paying attention at all, and as deep in argument as he was, the wolf didn't notice sight nor scent of the Death hybrid behind them; he didn't even notice when Shrike paused to look back curiously, scenting the air as his companion ranted on about the Myr pack as he walked away. The raccoon glanced after him, ears pricked, then scurried down along the ground, trying to find out what this new, strange smell was.

It wasn't until he came nose to nose with a monstrous wolf with unusual horns that the raccoon knew. He squeaked and scrambled back, kicking up dust and debris, falling backwards as Moku paused ahead to look back at the noise. "Moku!" the raccoon cried, "help! He's gonna eat me! Tell him I'm a freya, quick, I'd kindly like to not be eaten today!"

The wind wolf's ears pricked and he bolted back down the path, fangs bared and ruff bristling. Skidding to a stop beside his familiar, she snarled and snapped, ears laid flat. "Stay away from him, outsider," he growled. "Who are you and what are you doing in Vehn territory? And what are you doing hunting my freya?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
SpiritSai
 Posted: Jan 26 2017, 04:54 PM

member #337

‣ Not Telling

40 posts

SpiritSai

Worldbuilder/Artist
Lonely Hybrid

☆ Offline

24849 jaden

Taken aback that he was discovered so quickly while being so careful, Vox braced himself and flashed his eerily colored teeth at his challenger. "What!? I did nothing of the sort, it was your freya that approached me," he barked. Eisei hovered low behind her partner. She'd always hated Vox's stubborn and confrontational habits but she knew not to get in his way when he was like this.

"I don't need to explain to such a simpleminded churl what I'm doing in my time," said Vox, moving slowly to the wind wolf's side to allow his shockingly mutated tail to be seen. He noticed Eisei shying away behind him and stopped snarling so violently. "But if you simply must know, I wasn't planning to cause any trouble, I thought I was alone," he sighed and tried to relax in an effort to avoid immediate conflict, while still keeping his senses fully locked onto his foe.

"W-we mean you no harm," added Eisei, carefully trying to de-escalate the situation.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 05:55 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Moku growled again, stiff-legged and fully hackled, but the moth's wavering voice brought him back to his senses. He flicked an ear forward but kept his lips drawn back to reveal his teeth, eying the tail-mouth warily. Monster, his thoughts whispered. Hybrid. Abomination...

"You're in the territory of wolves who hate your kind, hybrid," the golden wolf spat. Shrike peered around his legs fearfully, sniffing the air and clutching at one of Moku's legs with his black, handlike paws. "You are unwelcome here. I should attack you and drive you out. You mean no harm..." He scoffed, then grinned. "You're Myr scum, aren't you?"

"Moku," came the shaky voice of his freya. He glanced down, angling an ear downwards and then looked back at the intruder. "Moku, I think... I think he's blind. He may not know what territory he's in at all..."

This brought some interest to the lean male. He tilted his head, eyes narrowed. "Is this true?" he asked after a moment. "Are you blind, intruder?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
SpiritSai
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 06:23 PM

member #337

‣ Not Telling

40 posts

SpiritSai

Worldbuilder/Artist
Lonely Hybrid

☆ Offline

24849 jaden

Vox Clenched his teeth and dug his claws into the ground at the sound of the name of the pack that rejected him without a second thought. "I have no relations to such an atrocious group," he spat, his blood boiling from simply having to speak about it. "And... I may be blind but I can still make my way through a forest just fine," he said under his breath, turning his ears towards his little moth companion.

Relieved at the tension dissipating, Eisei landed on Vox's tail. She felt quite guilty for accidentally leading them so deep into the forest. They had nowhere in particular to go, but they were both hoping to avoid any conflict.

"Who were you talking about anyway?" said Vox. "Why be so loud in a place like this? Why were you talking about the Myr pack like that, and-"

"Vox!" Eisei cut him off mid-way through his tactless questioning and flew up off his tail, startled that he would even try to say something like that. "Vox we should leave, we don't want to provoke them further..." Eisei's voice trailed off into silence while she fearfully eyed the golden wolf's impressive fangs.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 04:33 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The young wolf hesitated, watching Vox warily. He leaned forward to scent the air and lifted a paw slightly off the ground, but saw that this was - or at least appeared to be - true. "You're in the territory of the Vehn pack," Moku said, taking a step forward. His hackles began to flatten, and he let his ears prick. "I am a Guard of that pack, and son to the brother of our former Tradon, my uncle. The one we discussed..."

He paused here to glare at his freya, who gave him a sheepish grin. "...was none other than the bitch who led the Myr until very recently. The one who seduced and slew my father, Ayunaye. If you are an enemy of the Myr, then - hybrid blood or no - you are no enemy of mine."

--------------------
user posted image
^
SpiritSai
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 04:06 PM

member #337

‣ Not Telling

40 posts

SpiritSai

Worldbuilder/Artist
Lonely Hybrid

☆ Offline

24849 jaden

"Moku was it?" Vox sighed and let himself relax a little. He was tremendously relieved that the tension had gone down. He was almost certain he would end up in some sort of physical fight. "The Myr pack has done unspeakable things to Eisei and I..." He paused and gave a soft and sympathetic look at his companion. "I do not wish to ever have anything to do with them again. It's their fault I'm like this! I could have been normal I could have-"

"Vox..." the little moth's soft voice was just enough to keep him from completely losing himself.

"Anyway, I apologize for trespassing in your territory" sighed the hybrid. "It seems everywhere I go I step deeper and deeper into the dark and arrogant shadow of that despicable bunch..."

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 02:45 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The young wolf hesitated, regarding the half-hellwolf in silence; he seemed to be contemplating something, and Shrike neared curiously, sniffing as his eyes settled on the moth. "I have only met another freya that was an insect once," the raccoon said, standing on his hind paws to get a better look. "A butterfly; Kinoa's partner. Creatures like myself are quite common. But you... Eisei, was it? You are quite ra-"

"I think I'll take you to our Tradon," Moku interrupted, ears pressed forward. He lowered his head and flicked his tail, still considering Vox deeply. "You are an enemy - and former member of - the Myr. Our leader will most definitely want to speak with you, if you are willing."

--------------------
user posted image
^
SpiritSai
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 10:06 AM

member #337

‣ Not Telling

40 posts

SpiritSai

Worldbuilder/Artist
Lonely Hybrid

☆ Offline

24849 jaden

Vox turned his head towards Eisei and they exchanged a quick glance. He was nervous- his head filled with thoughts of everything that might happen to him. Would they offer to take him in just for him to be outcast once again or will they execute him on the spot. Moku definitely didn't make his pack look like they would tolerate his kind at all.

"I am willing but... only as long as I'm not killed or imprisoned." He paused briefly. "I-I'm sure you understand."

He was very nervous and could sense that his companion was too.

"I wish I was a bigger creature sometimes- or at least I wish I had hands!" Eisei said playfully to Shrike, batting a subtly glowing powder off her wings.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 01:08 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The golden wolf flattened his ears. "Trust me, if it were anything else, I'd drive you off," he muttered. "You're... hybrid. Your kind has killed many, and mudbloods are known for their instability." His eyes narrowed. "But..."

Moku sighed. "...under the circumstances, it would be in both of our best interests. You coming with me benefits us both." He swished his tail. "Come on. Keep close; and don't stray behind. If another patrol finds us, I may not be able to protect you. I need to get you there in one piece, quickly, and quietly. Do you understand?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
SpiritSai
 Posted: May 13 2017, 06:09 PM

member #337

‣ Not Telling

40 posts

SpiritSai

Worldbuilder/Artist
Lonely Hybrid

☆ Offline

24849 jaden

Vox lowered his head, uncertain of what was to happen to him. "I understand" he said quietly, glancing at his surroundings. He wasn't entirely sure what to hope for. On one hand he didn't care what happened to him. What's the point of aimlessly wandering where no one would accept you? But on the other... he caught himself wondering if maybe he would finally find a place he could call home.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: May 28 2017, 08:44 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Ooc;
After your next reply, we'll jump to the other thread and close this one (: I'll tag you in it so you can subscribe then!

Bic;
The wolf hesitated; this blind hybrid gave off a strange vibe. Not like other mudbloods he had met, and certainly nothing like the unstable and horrific Dargan. With a sigh, he turned and began to walk, flicking his tail back and forth. The little raccoon followed, watching the moth with interest.

"It shouldn't take more than half an hour to get there from here," he said quietly. "Just keep your voice low. If you have any questions, you can ask them, but don't make too much noise."

--------------------
user posted image
^
SpiritSai
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 08:20 PM

member #337

‣ Not Telling

40 posts

SpiritSai

Worldbuilder/Artist
Lonely Hybrid

☆ Offline

24849 jaden

Eisei fluttered timidly behind Vox. She could sense he was extremely anxious.

"So uh..." Eisei muttered quietly. "How is your leader anyway?" She asked Shrike in an attempt to diffuse the situation a little. "I-I mean if you don't mind that is..."

--------------------
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

web
statistics