<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

» weapons of war, Blazeh, Hara
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 10:37 AM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Awards: 31

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@Xikhara (Hara)

SETTING: Underground, in a network of carved caverns.

WEATHER: Chilly and damp.

TIME: Current! Evening.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Ram'r (Blazeh), Jykhal, Cruox (Hara)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 10:02 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Awards: 16

"Cruox!"

The voice was harsh to start with, but its abrasive quality seemed amplified as it echoed through the network of underground tunnels. Its source was a heavyset man, thickly built but without a shred of fat on his body, with unkempt, wild hair and scarlet eyes that reflected the dim light of the lanterns.

On his face the man wore an expression of dark anticipation, like that of a child about to open a gift - that was, if the child intended to murder someone with said gift. One corner of his lip was turned up in a smirk that twisted his features further, bringing the scars on his throat into higher definition - a permanent reminder of an unforgettable betrayal.

But the time for revenge would be very soon, indeed. If the blasted boy would show up on time.

As if on cue, a younger demon appeared hurriedly around the corner, nearly colliding with the first. Surprise flitted across his face as he found a sword held at this throat, and the boy managed to stop just in time to keep from impaling himself on it. "F-father," he stammered, "I didnt realize you were so close."

The first demon sheathed his weapon with a growl, and gave his son a whack that sent the boy sprawling against the far wall. "Had I been anyone else, you would be dead, boy. Even that wretched traitor knew better."

Cruox recovered quickly, and bowed deeply. "I apologize. It will not happen again; I'll not be bested by a traitor nor be a failure to our cause, Father."

Jykhal grunted in acceptance, then jerked his head toward a sealed door, his original expression returning. "Ready for training?" He asked, though the affirmative was expected, and the boy rushed to the door, hand on the knob before his father had even started toward it.

"He's never ready for training," the younger demon jested as Jykhal approached. "That always makes it more fun."

"Don't underestimate your prey, boy," the older demon retorted, but gestured to his son to open the door regardless, and the two entered the room, both wearing the same twisted expression.

--------------------
My name is pronounced zik-HAR-ah, but feel free to call me Hara.
My characters and threads can be found in my tracker.
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 01:20 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The one they approached was merely a shadow; half of nothing, a spent husk, a soul barely clinging to life in a broken shell left barely alive. However, physically, the figure half-laying against a wall was very slowly recovering. Wounds had been bandaged, bleeding stopped; food, however slowly, was beginning to bring fortitude back to a man so starved he had resembled a mad skeleton when they had found him.

After all, they needed him alive and well - at least to outward appearance - for their plan to work.

However, there was no life in the scarlet eyes that looked up, and black hair unwashed by many weeks hung about a gaunt face. Shattered fragments of memory drifted in an otherwise empty mind, and the man moved slightly, drawing back against the wall as a flicker of fear touched those lifeless eyes. Chains clinked and a sharp intake of breath was heard, but no other response was given.

Kill them. Kill them all!

Gunshots. Screams. Roaring...

He had killed so many. Blood stained his hands, darkened his cloak, matted his hair. He was soaked in it. He could smell it, feel it...

Scarlet on the blissfully white snow. A sobbing mother. A screaming child...

"Xavanth," he whispered brokenly. His eyes glowed suddenly, then dimmed. The fragments were still strong. "I must... Xavanth..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 10:34 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Jykhal watched the half-broken man ramble with scorn clearly etched upon his face. A corner of his lip lifted in derision, and the demon snorted with a glance at his son. "Fetch fresh bandages and some food for our... guest. He should be treated well, don't you think?"

The man looked back down at his quarry. "He has a large role to play for us, after all."

As his son nodded and darted off again, Jykhal crouched down low, so that his own scarlet eyes bored into those of the prisoner. "You remind me of the traitor," the demon growled. "His eyes were golden, of course, like his mother's. But they looked like yours do now-- dead. I trained the fight out of him, but I made a couple mistakes I won't make again. Cruox is the tool I need to break you properly... and you're the one I need to become king and rise over the boy, so I can crush him under my boot."

The demon reached out to pat the man's cheek. "Thankfully, you won't remember any of this once Cruox is done with you today. This conversation will be nothing to you, as will Xavanth-- last I hear, he's joined up with the Faction to kill some dragons. What a useless fool."

At that moment, the younger demon returned with the things he had been sent to fetch. Jykhal took the meal from his son and passed it to the husk of a man. "We'll change your bandages and get started," the demon murmured. "Better eat quickly, before we begin."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 01:37 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Ram'r regarded the food dully, without recognition; little made sense, and he could form nothing but bits and pieces of thoughts as they flitted around in his mind. Thinking too hard hurt - memories were agony. Every image he remembered brought a small flare of pain, but they were persistent, and strong. One in particular, a ghost of an image, a feeling, nothing more... that one, preceded by a child's laughter, was the one that hurt the most.

He didn't know why, or what the images meant; the words hurt. Words always hurt. But the images - the images hurt more than anything.

The man felt hungry, suddenly, sharply, and his eyes flicked to the food. With his metal talons, he reached forward to pick at it, breath shallow and gaze dull. He felt as though he shouldn't be doing this. That there was something more important. Xavanth's image flashed in his head, and he flinched and nearly dropped the plate he held, clasping one end of it suddenly with force enough to send cracks along the clean porcelain's simple expanse.

No, no, no. Something that hurt so much could not be so important. He needed to push it away. But why was it so hard? The images had been going away. Slowly, but surely. Ram'r couldn't recall why. But some, like the faint-child and demon, persisted. Why? He wanted to ask, but couldn't find the words. Words hurt. Thought hurt.

Little did he know that each session tore more of those memories from him, sliced away a little more of his past, slowly preparing the ragged shell of a man for new, fresh memories...

...as a tool for something much more dangerous to come.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 04:44 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

"Boy," Jykhal growled. "You heard him when we entered. His memories are still powerful."

The boy that the demon addressed dipped his head, scarlet eyes narrowed. "Apologies, father. I have not yet mastered my control over the memories which I--"

"I don't want your excuses," was the snarled reply. "Get it done."

"Yes, Father."

Without further comment, the young demon bent over the half-broken prisoner, fresh bandages tucked under one arm. With practiced hands the boy began to peel away the old and clean the wounds before replacing with the new strips of white cloth.

As his son worked, Jykhal snapped his fingers twice, and the distant clinking of chains could be heard. It was a few moments before the sounds drew nearer, but before long a woman entered, her arms bound in steel bracers and her delicate throat harnessed in a strange collar.

She approached in an almost frightened manner, casting quick, uncertain glances at the man that had summoned her.

"Dahlia, darling," Jykhal called to her, his smile menacing. "You know the drill, pretty wench. Set your healing spells on those bandages."

She flinched as he drew closer, and from a short distance, the bruises that lined her pale skin were clearly visible, even in the dim light. Jykhal laughed, raising a hand to bring down across her face; she was sent sprawling, and though her mouth opened as if in a cry of pain, no sound escaped her-- an effect, certainly, of the collar around her neck.

"Get on with it, bitch," the man commanded, and Cruox's laughter, so similar to his father's echoed through the chamber.

"I'm glad you're not my mother," Cruox sneered, even as he stood up to dust his hands after finishing the last bandage. "No wonder the fools that you bore were weak traitors. My mother might have died during childbirth, but she was stronger than you'll ever be."

Trembling, the enslaved woman picked herself up from the ground and approached the prisoner. Angry tears burned at her eyes, but she could not do anything, for fear of more pain. Silently, light blossomed under her palms, to place the healing charms upon the clean strips of cloth.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 11:02 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

At one point, Ram'r would have lashed out at the man in anger - rage would have filled him, and he would have tried everything to release this woman from her servitude, or die in the attempt. Perhaps some small, locked-away part of him still snarled at the sight of her, though no outward sign could be seen. He set the cracked plate down and closed his eyes, shuddering with pain as the half-healed wounds were re-wrapped, mind focusing on that pain instead of the memories that hurt so much.

Physical pain he could deal with; it was easy, familiar. He had suffered many physical injuries in the past. This, he was allowed to remember, though details were somehow gone. It was so easy. Jykhal could have torn off his other arm, and that pain would be bearable - after all, he had been through that before.

He had been through everything before.

But he couldn't remember.

The two pendants - cherished things, both, the broken Phoenix Tear and the key that held the dead Soulgem of his sister - were gone. They had been taken from him, along with his spirit weapon, and stripped from his memory completely. He did not remember he had them at all; did not remember the pairbond who had died, nor the weapon that had once turned on him and nearly ended his life... none of the trials he had been through with it or the battles against it were left.

The image of the child persisted. The face of the demon, the shadow of that fear, was still there.

Somewhere deep inside, something insidious coiled, locked away beneath so many seals and barriers in the deepest, darkest portions of his mindscape that nothing could be seen or felt of its gnawing, aching hatred. He did not know of its existence any longer. Nor did he know how to release it, no matter how much that small part of him wanted to rip and shred both Jykhal and Cruox apart.

Thus, did Kritou watch and wait, like a serpent staring at distant prey...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 10:48 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

The woman stepped back as the last bandage was secured and she had placed upon it a spell of healing; she held her head low and her eyes downcast, earning a snort from the man that enslaved her.

"Leave us, whore," he growled, and she scurried away, chains clinking as she moved. The man watched her leave, then turned to his waiting son-- the boy had a gleam of anticipation in his eye, as if eager to prove himself to his father.

"There's still much work to be done, boy," Jykhal said, "I want to strike our new... lord as soon as possible, so that he has little time to prepare, and your efforts are not working fast enough to allow such to happen. Remember, if you fail this, you fail our cause."

Cruox shook his head. "I will not fail," he said determinedly, his scarlet eyes gaining a hard gleam. Eyes narrowed, the demon approached the prisoner cautiously, as if looking for the best place to strike-- not that he would need to touch the man, for his skills were not physical but mental.

Taking a deep breath, the young demon drove his power toward the injured man, seeking not to read the man's thoughts, but to pierce his defenses and shatter what was left of his memories, so that the fragments would fall and bury themselves too deep for even the most skilled to find.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 05:38 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The man went rigid.

Something inside of him bent to the breaking point, like a steel beam twisted until rupture; white hot pain flashed through him when that small resistance finally shattered, and he slumped to the floor without a sound.

The shadow of the demon fractured and disintegrated, falling like snow around the image of a screaming child. Fear touched him, but it was an alien and misunderstood thing; his eyes fluttered closed and he lay motionless, save for his shallow breathing. That fear grew, but he didn't know why, and it hurt - he shied away from it.

Finally, the image of the boy stopped screaming. The child fell to his knees in the remnant of Ram'r's mindscape, and bit by bit, the image was torn apart.

First came the feeling of loss, despair. Then, a flash of grief. Of anger. But he understood none of them, and as the minutes passed, those emotions faded into oblivion.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: May 4 2017, 11:05 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Cruox slumped back, a wave of weariness coming over him. Jykhal allowed the boy to fall, looking at him with a mixture of disgust and satisfaction; the young demon would have to be stronger than that to win his father's true approval.

The older demon approached the prisoner, walking around him to inspect the man, looking for any signs of resistance or further injury. When he found none, he turned to his son with a satisfied grunt. "Get up, boy. The other one would have done better than you."

At this, Cruox turned a shade darker and hurried to rise; to be compared to the other was likely the worst thing he could warrant. "My apologies, father. I will do better."

"You'd better, if you wish to be of any use. Now get out."

With a nod, the boy exited, leaving the older demon alone with Sam's.

With a sigh, Jykhal crouched down so that he was facing the broken man, twisting his face so that it resembled a pleasant smile. "My dearest friend," he intoned, "I must ask you, do you have grievances with anything here? I would hate any guest of mine to be uncomfortable in any manner, especially not one as dear to me as yourself."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: May 8 2017, 06:07 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

For a long moment, nothing registered. At some point, Ram'r's eyes had closed; he struggled to open them again, not remembering when he had closed them or why. Blearily, he looked around, scarlet gaze confused, but otherwise dull. There was no more fire left in the man, and he felt only pain, and bewilderment.

"What... happened... where am I?" he asked, voice hoarse, barely above a whisper. "Who are you? I... I don't r-remember anything..."

There was some measure of vulnerability in his voice, and a silent feeling of fear lurked somewhere in his mind. The fear of having no memory of what had happened or why he was injured, though brief, touched him deeply. And in that deep, dark silence, Kritou seethed at being so unknown, unable to make things right.

Ram'r pressed a hand to his side and winced. Just what had happened? Where was he, and why...?

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: May 8 2017, 11:25 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Jykhal pressed a hand to his chest, feigning shock. "My dear friend," he murmured, his voice laden with false grief, "do you mean to tell me you don't recall anything? Nothing of our friendship?"

The demon sighed heavily. "Let me tell you what happened. The Faction of Hope- they are a powerful group that has taken over much of Felnova by force- they had taken you as prisoner, and were torturing you for information. When I heard, I hurried to rescue you.

"It took a long while, for the Faction's defenses were intricate, but with the help of my son Cruox, I managed to get you out from their clutches. You were comatose when I brought you here, to Kurai, and though you woke some days ago, you have not quite been... fully present."

The lie was too easy, and the falsity of the emotion he placed into the words was indiscernible; after all, the man had had years to perfect his skill with the woman that had borne him two sons, before he had sold her to the slavers.

"We have spent so long together, my friend. You and I grew up together, you watched Cruox come into the world, and you have helped me just as I you. That the Faction has taken that from you is an unspeakable crime." Jykhal brushed away a tear and let out another long sigh. "I should never have left your side when you went to fight for the dragons. Forgive me, and permit me to make it up to you by offering you my home and care until you are well again."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: May 9 2017, 06:33 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The man nodded mutely, struggling to comprehend just what the Faction had done. "I was... a prisoner of the Faction," he repeated, voice almost soundless. "The... dragonkillers?"

He still sounded confused, though some life had begun to creep back into his eyes and voice. He winced again as he moved slightly, and gave a shuddering sigh. "Thank you," he murmured gratefully. "You saved my life... Jykhal."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: May 9 2017, 01:01 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

"There is nothing to thank," Jykhal replied, reaching out to give Ram'r's arm a light squeeze. "I would do it a thousandfold over if I had to. I only regret that I was not able to come to you sooner, my friend."

He smiled, and the expression lit up his normally darkened features. "I am so glad that you have come back to me; it matters not that you do not remember. I am certain your memories will come back in time.

"I will make sure those who have made you suffer so will pay for it. But for now, let us not discuss such dark times. You must be exhausted. Is there anything I can do for you?"

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: May 12 2017, 05:49 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The man nodded, and took a shuddering breath. Thinking was hard, and thoughts were still rather sluggish; his mind was dulled by what he perceived was pain. He was hungry, and very thirsty, though he didn't want to impose much on the friend that saved his life.

Ram'r winced again. "Some water," he hissed, closing his eyes. Hunger he could ignore, but he knew the dangers of ignoring thirst. "I apologize for... I-Inconveniencing you, friend..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »

web
statistics