by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...
Forum Rules Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Rhidora

Add Reply

The Time Has Come
PLAYERS INVOLVED: Nidelia, Open

SETTING: Sidon

WEATHER: Cool, calm.

TIME: Current

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Terra and possibly other's.

user posted image

Sidon had been bustling now adays, with all the refugees coming from Felnova due to the war with the Faction of Hope. One such refugee was Terra Sparda, an outcast among all, being half Angel half N'vaen. That however, did not stop her from putting posters up around the city, calling for aid. She couldn't stand for the injustice that was being caused to the refugees because of the Dragons and the Faction, someone needed to intervene and stop them both. But to do that, she needed people, people who had the same ideals and were willing to stand up against enemies who seemed so overly powerful.

The posters were up along the port and the sky port, along with the entrance of the city coming from the mainland, and up on the poster board of the local tavern.

________________________________________________________________________________

Terra walked into the tavern, her golden boots barely making a thump on the floor, as she made her way over to a large table, that she usually sat at everyday, hoping people will show up, having seen her wanted posters. So far there had been no one, but surely, with how many people flooded in everyday, there would be someone soon?

She sighed, running a hand through her long hair, that when she sat down rested upon the floor, because she did not wish to sit on her hair. She then ordered a large glass of water, as she did not wish to begin drinking so soon. Greeting people drunk for something like this would not give off very good first impressions after all.

--------------------
I'm a little tea pot short and stout, thi- hey, whoa, wait, it's not time to tip me over and pour me out!

Nidelia|Selkie
Jamarion|Phoenix
Natheniel S | Human
Alinoa S | Vampire
Balinore | Pure Elf
Sylvia | Gem Drake
^
The INSTANT Atar had seen the posters, he had been flying full-speed towards the tavern. Something just told him that would be the gathering place. So he flew there as fast as his small wings would carry him, ignoring all the stares. He landed at the threshold majestically, tossing back his hair with a grin. "I hear there is a new peace movement." He announced. "And I want to know exactly who is the leadership."

Chogath took one look at the poster Darkfeather had brought him and scoffed. "The last thing we need is more dreamy fools. Send a feylizard to the Faction. They need to know about this."
With that, Chogath went to go do what he did best: scheme.

--------------------
You know, we all thought I was crazy... Oh wait, I still am! :3 *insane cackling*
^
Stepping from the ship, among a sea of fellow refugees, a young, dark looking man could be seen He seemed ordinary aside his uncommonly good looks for a human. The port was busy, particularly around a notice board. He heard one person mutter something about 'Dreamers' or 'a peaceful faction, eh? Don't I wish.' that last bit is what caught Nikkolai's attention. He had been bothered since leaving home to join a faction by a number of individuals. Stepping up to the board, he looked over the various postings. Finally coming to the one in question. He read over it, before biting his lip and nodding. Wordlessly he moved from the notice board to the tavern, where it had hinted at where to go. Stopping only once to ask directions to the tavern, he soon arrived. Stepping inside with a decent sized bag slung over his shoulder. he looked around curiously, hoping to see someone out of place in the bar full of drunks and a ruffian or two.

He saw a woman, he assumed, sitting at a table drinking some water. "Hmm." was all he muttered before approaching her. "I assume you are the one who put that posting up?" he asked the... very long haired, maiden He then said more quietly "For a peaceful faction or something of that sort?"
^
Nirn had been wandering for months since killing Baron and encountering Verridith herself. She had denounced the faction privately, and had not reported since the encounter. It was better if they thought she was dead rather than a traitor. She had, however, seen fliers for a peace group, requesting a meeting at the tavern. While there were bound to be Faction spies, she wasn't worried.

She slipped into the tavern, watching for anyone who may have called for the meeting. She pulled her tails around her as a drunk patron reached out to stroke one. She slipped by the people, finally arriving at a table where she overheard a man ask about the fliers. She discreetly sat on at a table with he back to the table, but her ears were still listening intently.
^
So this was the esteemed peace-group that was going up against the Faction of Hope.

Jamun's white-gold wings fluttered as she landed on a barstool near the long-haired woman that seemed to be in charge. Scanning the minds around her, she waited for the official meeting to commence, curling her legs under herself and closing her eyes for a moment. She was just so tired.

Too many times had she woken up in the middle of the night, her mind reaching out for weapons to use against nonexistent intruders. Some days, in order to guard against threats that only resided in her mind, she had forgone sleep entirely, waiting for when the sun would rise and rid her of the nightly vigil she kept.

Of course, her journey here hadn't been the easiest- no small amount of the snake-kin and Faction members had attacked her as she traveled across Felnova towards the nearest portal. Until the day before they attacked, Jamun could count the number of times she had to fight for her life on one finger. Afterwards was a different story; Jamun had lost track of the amount of snake-kin and members of the Faction she had killed- and the number of times they had almost killed her.

But what really had worn the faerie down to the bone was her paranoia- she didn't know when the next wave of attackers would come, or if she would meet her end to a lucky snake-kin that happened to catch her unawares in her sleep. So when she found about the peaceful group that was going up against the Faction and snake-kin, Jamun decided that she would join them- if only for the protection and companionship they could provide, along with the purpose she valued above all else: protecting others from harm.

She noticed a dark-haired- and rather ragged-looking- man approach the long-haired woman. Terra, Jamun discovered her name was half a thought later. She heard him ask the woman about the peaceful group he was forming. Gracefully lifting to her feet, the faerie flapped her wings, flying over to the glass that she was currently holding. "I trust that you are Terra Sparda?" Jamun asked, lowering herself onto the rim of the glass. She held out a minuscule, but in no way delicate, hand, beaming at Terra for good measure. "Jamun Crochan. It is very nice to make your acquaintance."
^
Hagan Jotnar wandered into town accompanied by the usual stares. Though he was extremely short for a Jotun, a midget by their standards, he still towered over most other humanoids. Carefully, deliberately avoiding looking at the gawking onlookers, he looked around the city for a tavern. Historically, it had been the best place to find work and he hoped that would hold true here. Spotting a likely-looking building he walked towards it. On the way there he noticed several identical posters along his rout. Curious, he got a closer look. As he read he began to smile. While he had been fortunate enough to not have had a personal encounter with the war he had heard many stories in his travels. If a resolution was possible, this might be where it came from. Carefully he pulled the poster off the wall and walked the rest of the way to the tavern. Leaving his backpack outside the building, he kneeled all but crawled into the tavern, lifted the poster, and said “I'm looking for these people.”

--------------------
^
user posted image

Terra blinked, looking at Atar when they announced, quite loudly and boldly, in the middle of the entire tavern, that they were looking for the person organizing the Peace group. She cleared her through, standing up, her sea green hair flowing down around her ankles. "That would be me, sir," she says.

Her attention would then be pulled by the man, who was overly attractive, approached her, in a much more discreet manner, and she couldn't help but chuckle. "Well, so far-" she was cut off as another person came in, one that was obviously reading her mind, and at that she frowned.

She turned to the winged woman, and just as she did, she noticed a Kitsune come inside and sit not too far away, but she said nothing as she looked back at the winged woman once more. "Reading minds without permission is quite rude miss," she says flatly. "And I would request that you avoid doing it to myself, and any potential candidates of joining this group," she adds in a stern tone.

She then turns so she is addressing all three of the one's that had approached her. "Yes, I am the one who put up the posters. My name is Terra Sparda, I am very pleased to meet all of you," she says with a soft smile to them all. "Please, you all may have seats here at my table. And if-" she was then cut off by a Jotun making its way into the bar, just about crawling.

Her eyes went slightly wide at the site, then he held up one of her posters. She cleared her throat. "Ah, yes, that's us, over here," she said waving the Jotun over, slowly taking her seat once more. She had not expected to attract someone like a Jotun, but she wasn't going to question it or complain. "Now, please, introduce yourselves," she says smiling.

--------------------
I'm a little tea pot short and stout, thi- hey, whoa, wait, it's not time to tip me over and pour me out!

Nidelia|Selkie
Jamarion|Phoenix
Natheniel S | Human
Alinoa S | Vampire
Balinore | Pure Elf
Sylvia | Gem Drake
^
Nikkolai had started to sit at the table and started to introduce himself when there was a variety of surprised sounding voices from behind him, and he quickly stood, turning around again. All the time he had spent away from his home town had been nearly filled with assassination attempts, all because he wasn't truly human. At first his hand rested on the pummel of the kris, a dagger, on his hip. But when he saw the cause of the surprised voices, a jotun, he relaxed, for the most part. releasing the pummel he slowly turned back and settled again, though seemed to remain tense for a short time afterwards. Once he'd relaxed a bit he then introduced himself starting with an apology for his jumpy behavior. "Sorry, for being Jumpy... I am Nikkolai... Nikkolai Voidsong. Pleasure." He said before dipping his head in a bow-like gesture.
^
Nirn shifted uncomfortably. The tavern was getting too crowded, too excited. She could feel the attempt to read her mind, and erected a mental block, before standing and ducking behind the Jitun as he moved to the group. She had heard enough. She had to get back to Felnova, regardless of what she did with her life now. She glanced back one last time, memorizing the group before her, before leaving.

/Nirn Exit/
^
@Nikkolai

Jamun faintly heard the thoughts of the man named Nikkolai and frowned. Assassination attempts? What was she getting herself into? "I apologize that people are so rude just because of your heritage. You would think that they would be more considerate these days," she told him as if his thoughts were common knowledge.

@Nidelia

Shaking her head, the faerie turned back to Terra. "While I would not expect just anyone to understand this, Miss Sparda, I would expect the alleged leader of a group to understand that asking me to not read minds would be the same as me asking you to cut off your own arms. That doesn't sound very pleasant, now does it?" Frowning, Jamun sniffed indignantly, turning her nose up to Terra. "I would ask you to have some respect for others."

@Mavanger

She faintly felt the woman named Nirn erect a mental block and leave. Probing at Nirn's mind, Jamun attempted to send a telekinetic message to her. "I'm sorry that someone of your power has to depart. It would have been fun to exchange stories."

@slankr

The Jotun interested her. What was he doing so far away from home? Jamun would keep a mental tab on his thoughts and movements at the moment but would not comment on his arrival. She didn't want to scare him away, after all.

@Zendekarian

Atar was the winged creature's name. He confused Jamun with his personality. Who could be so happy with these sort of conditions? Perhaps he went mad. Jamun decided to focus on him with a little more... vigor.
^
Hagan Jotnar very, very carefully maneuvered himself through the tavern towards the area the rest of the group was in. He gently cleared himself a space near them and, maneuvering much like a human in a crawl space would, sat down cross-legged, hunched over, with his hands in his lap. The utmost concern in his thoughts was not breaking anything fallowed closely by not injuring anyone.

"My name is Hagan Jotnar, and I'm a midget among my people." He said calmly, "I have spent several months traveling and working, mostly for farmers who need their fields harvested," here he paused, smiled, and continued in a proud tone, "most times I harvest a whole field in one day." Resuming his normal tone he explained, "I haven't personally been impacted by this war, but one of my employers had taken in a refugee family and they told me about it." Here his voice hardened and dropped several octaves as he rumbled "it must stop."

--------------------
^
Atar fearlessly strode into the tavern, shaking back his bangs from his eyes. He flew up onto a support beam, deciding to perch and talk from up there. "So, you be the one. Y'know it is an interesting idea, peace. While I doubt that shadowy dragon out there like the idea, or his saurian friend, I'm sure I'll fit right in." Atar smiled handsomely, laying on the beam he was perched on like a cat.

Chogath kicked away the broken body of his latest victim. Darkfeather nosed the body before eating it in a few bites.
"So, master, what do we do next?" the black saurian asked the huge dragon.
Chogath frowned. "I need an infiltrator... and if they try to leave for the ocean..."
Darkfeather smiled. "They're in place, my lord. Crex, Bone, and Caneraask are waiting for them if they try to escape by sea. Our kraken friend and the other two Atlanteans are dealing with the Vilidin. We'll be all alone in this endeavor except for them."
Chogath sighed, flexing his claws. "Then I will do this personally. Go make sure that little one, Skippy, stays in line. I can easily handle things here." When Darkfeather hesitated, Chogath left off his telepathy and spoke in his deadly voice of a sarka, in a forceful whisper that was only enough to cause slight pain: "Now."
Darkfeather departed, leaving Chogath alone in the dark forest. He spread his wings and took flight, heading straight for the ocean.

--------------------
You know, we all thought I was crazy... Oh wait, I still am! :3 *insane cackling*
^
Terra watched everyone, before signalling to the bartender, who would walk around and give her a key, which she took and headed upstairs. "Follow me, all of you," she says, giving the bartender a look and the bartender gave her a thumbs up, then she nodded and head upstairs.

Upon getting up there she would lead everyone who followed to a 6 bed bedroom, with enough space for them and then some. "Now, please, make yourself comfortable before I start saying anything," she says simply. She had chosen to ignore the mind reader, knowing full well the woman could control her ability, whether she would admit it or not.

--------------------

Nidelia|Selkie
Jamarion|Phoenix
Natheniel S | Human
Alinoa S | Vampire
Balinore | Pure Elf
Sylvia | Gem Drake
^
Atar followed Terra upstairs, flying easily after her. He politely declined the offer of a bed, flying up to perch on the rafters. He paused a moment, as if thinking, before conjuring some stones and freezing them together into a nice ice nest. "I think this'll do." He said simply. "But thanks!" He curled around in his makeshift nest, unbothered by the cold ice.

Chogath, on the other hand, quickly found the tavern the peace organization was meeting in. He stuck his head in, which was really all that could fit, and his telepathic voice said in a silky voice, "Inform this peace movement that another ally is outside." He stared around at the tavern, extending his magical senses into it.
Hm... a mind reader is present... Chogath thought, but he knew how to shield his true thoughts from mind readers. He also covered his dark aura, to make any heartseers or diviners see him as neutral.
I haven't made it this far being foolish... the sarka thought, the back of his mind already composing a lie on why a sarka wanted peace.

--------------------
^
If Hagan had seemed oversized in the common area he was almost comically so in the bedroom that the group had retired to. He had waited for the others to go through before him and had ended up having to lay down to fit through the doorway. Seeing that the beds could not home to hold him he sat cross-legged in one of the corners, the one to the right of the door as one entered the room, trying to take up as little space as possible. He resolved that he would sleep outside that night, as he was accustomed to, or, if the group insisted on sleeping in the room, he would sleep in the large aisle between the beds.

--------------------
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply