by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Add Reply
New Poll

ORGANIZATION: Stars of Arcana, Catalyst of Progress | Mixed
So, the point of this organization is to essentially promote a few things.
1. Darwinist genocide of the weak and unfitting via encouraging conflict across the realms
2. Maintenace of said conflict via the arming of the 'underdog' - which may change at any given moment.
3. Maintaining group secrecy via eliminating loose lips.

It should be noted that while they're clearly not good people, they do not serve the Dark Five, though they often head in the same direction. While the Dark Five seek to dominate, dominance is against the goals of Stars of Arcana - dominance means no more conflict, which is what they believe to be a catalyst for progress.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

For now, please use the following form:

CODE
Username:

Tarot Card Position:

Character Applying With:

Motive for Joining: Essentially, why should I believe your character's goals are in line with the organization's?

Justification for Position: Why should I pick your character for the applied position?

What do you believe the card powers should be?: I don't want to limit your creativity, though I will reserve the right to go 'no'. Sell me on something. :)

please use http://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-meanings/major-arcana/ as a reference for major arcana themes.

Conflicting applications will be settled based on how well I think your character reflects the arcana as well as quality of the app itself and IC usefulness of the character to the organization.

Available Positions:
Fool
Magician
High Priestess
Empress - Maharani/SherniKaur - ??? - manipulate growth/decay of life
Emperor - Hoeryong/JPG - Imperial Dominion: control over summonable army - army makeup is a reflection of owner. Can dominate weaker creatures if they are within a certain distance.
Hierophant
Lovers - Lennan/Elffri3nd - ??? - manipulate love/hate of closest ally.
Chariot
Strength
Hermit - Rhiandara/Fyfergrund - phase out, imprison and isolate enemies, enter trance state to seek guidance from ancestors
Wheel of Fortune - Ranafa/Asreal - Fortuna’s 10 - enter chance-based duel game
Justice
Hanged Man
Death
Temperance - Casimir/Fyfergrund - control over calm/aggression
Devil - Aku K'Nukl/JeSuisUnAne - Mephisto's Gaze: hypnotism via ocular contact, weakens resistance to temptation
Tower - Cirque/JPG - All Falls Down: catastrophic, undiscriminating reiatsu attack on an area that drains Cirque's power.
Star
Sun
Moon - Remeira/Darkeh - Illusions, Hallucinations, and the like evoking torturous recollections of the past
Judgment
World

Minor Arcana: Minor Arcana are not typically given a specific power, but often have specific duties that are important to the organization.
King/Queen of Wands - Peasant arcana - tends to handle recruitment, scouting and spying duties.
King/Queen of Coins - Merchant arcana - tends to handle the finances of the Stars of Arcana
King/Queen of Chalices - Clergy arcana - tends to handle the diplomacy with the outside world of the Stars of Arcana
King/Queen of Swords - Warrior arcana - tends to handle things that require a violent approach.

This post has been edited by JPG: May 28 2018, 11:59 AM

--------------------
^
Username: JeSuisUnAne

Tarot Card Position: The Devil

Character Applying With: Aku K'Nukl (http://forums.btacdragons.com/index.php?showtopic=5336&hl=)

Motive for Joining: In an on-going pursuit of artifacts, gold, political power, and anything else seen as a route to his end goal of godhood and conquest, Aku sees the Militare as a way to both consolidate his own power and potentially influence the various societies as groundwork for what he intends to be his eventual domination.

Justification for Position: Having ties to both the upright and reversed associations for the Devil, Aku seeks to "reclaim his true form," using (though not exclusively) material gains as a source of power.

Card Power: Mephisto's Gaze: Manipulation through hypnotism via ocular contact, effectiveness lessened against those who can resist their natural temptations easily; once affected, the power gains traction (with time and use) with that individual until Aku has near-complete control over an affected target. Time away from Aku and his Gaze results in a decaying effect - excessive exposure, though, results in a longer period of time needed before the effects wear off. Given enough exposure, victims could potentially be rendered slaves to the Gaze even if Aku were to die.

In addition to having sway over one's immediate actions, Mephisto's Gaze also increases the victim's desire to give in to their natural temptations more readily - drugs, alcohol, shopping, torture, etc. - anything that one is wont to do is made even harder to resist.
^
Username: Asreal

Tarot Card Position: Fortune

Character Applying With: Ranafa

Motive for Joining: Ranafa loves using her wheel to cause trouble and chaos for people and generally enjoys torturing people with the wheel, especially trapping two people that aren’t her using it and watching them fight.

Justification for Position: Ranafa is a fortune-teller and has a literal Wheel of Fortune, like on the card.

What do you believe the card powers should be?: Fortuna’s 10 - She has a roulette wheel known as Fortuna’s 10, named as such due to its 10 sections. She can trap two players in the vicinity of this wheel once they accept a game, and the zone created is a “good fortune zone” for Ranafa and a “bad fortune zone” for anyone else. This represents the literal concept of a Wheel of Fortune and also the nature of Fortune: to hook one on luck and chance until their ruin as well as bring riches to the victor and despair to the loser.

--------------------
Click on a character’s name to learn more about them!
Lykoth [Open], Demise [In use], Miranda [In use], Ranafa [in use], Mary Miss [Open], Caleb [Reserved], Victor [Open], Cassius [Reserved], Zyniel [Reserved]
^
Username: Elffri3nd

Tarot Card Position: Lover

Character Applying With: Lennan
http://forums.btacdragons.com/index.php?showtopic=5356

Motive for Joining: Lennan has a deep hated for people who are in love. He feels that people are meant to be alone in life so that they get stronger.

Justification for Position: Lennan messes with the relationships of others and can represent the lover card in it's reverse position; disharmony, imbalance and misguided values.

What do you believe the card powers should be?: Lennan affects people's emotions and mind. He makes them think that the person that they are closest to is their enemy and makes them fight one another. He does this through illusion, an aura that amplifies emotions and the power of suggestion.

--------------------
-Blazeh defeated the elffri3nd 1/19/18-
-Mav was obliterated by the elffri3nd 1/19/18-
-Elf's mom was destroyed by the JPG 4/20/1997 yay time travel-
-Elf got his revenge on JPG 6/12/18-
^
Username: SherniKaur

Tarot Card Position: The Empress

Character Applying With: Maharani

Motive for Joining: Maharani lost everything when her lover died and she gave up on life. But she found pleasure in hurting others and she believes that causing war will give her more pleasure and will help the realms. She does want to help the realms, in her own way.

Justification for Position: Maharani is a natural leader, she can keep people in line, and she is powerful enough to be feared. I believe that she is the perfect person for that reason.

(I also wrote this as the "mantra" that Maharani keeps telling herself)

My name is Maharani. The friends that I do not have call me Rani.

I am the arrow who never misses.

Since I was a child, I have always wanted to help the realms; I have wanted to spark innovation and see the realms thrive.

I am the sword that cuts through the weak.

Will you accept me? My powers can help them.

I am the Empress; I am the destroyer.

What do you believe the card powers should be?: I believe that since the Empress is someone that helps with fertility, Maharani should be able to make things grow and be able to heal with her Earth Magic. On the flip side, though, Maharani can make things shrivel and wither with her dark reiatsu.

She can do the same with people, and that's what makes her so intimidating; she literally has the power to make people shrivel or help them thrive.

Maharani has her limits and weaknesses, of course, but those will be revealed at a later time. ;D

^
Username: Fyfergrund

Tarot Card Position: Temperance

Character Applying With: Casimir

Motive for Joining: He believes an excess of peace and easy living leads to weakness and decadence. Without hardship, one cannot be strong. And what greater hardship is there to endure than war?

Justification for Position: His inherent distaste for conflict can make him a solid dissenting voice, advocating for peace when a Realm or country is in danger of collapse from war. After all, wounds do need time to heal.

What do you believe the card powers should be?: Instilling calm and patience in people. In strong amounts, bloodlust can be dampened to allow for more meaningful thinking. On the flip side, clear thinking can be clouded, and self-control weakened.

Tarot Card Position:Hermit

Character Applying With: Rhiandara

Motive for Joining: She believes the leader of the Stars of Arcana is the only person who could ever understand her, and what she goes through. She would join the Stars both out of gratitude for being accepted, and as a means to give her life purpose.

Justification for Position: She is a gifted Seer who tends to spend a lot of time alone. This allows her a lot of time to meditate on her visions, and seek clarity so she can advise the Stars of Arcana where their abilities can best be put to use.

What do you believe the card powers should be?: She can enter a deep trance and consult hr ancestral memories s if they were actual people, and ask them for advice. She can also phase out of physical and spiritual existence to avoid enemies, becoming effectively untouchable. On the flip side, she can trap enemies within a shadowy aura, dampening their senses, and blinding them, effectively leaving them isolated, making them easy targets.
^
Username: Darkeh

Tarot Card Position: Moon

Character Applying With: Remeira

Motive for Joining: Remeira chafes against the idea of service to another, even, as is the case with Queen Verridith, when the service is in the name of something good. Under the Stars of Arcana, she would be released to the experience of "in the moment" that she so loves... and can therefore escape the lingering consequences of her past.

Justification for Position: Remeira lives for conflict and war. Taking an almost obscene pleasure in the battlefield, she has long nursed a desire to prove herself in deeds and not words. Ideally, this would make her fit for a warrior position; but the reason I applied for Moon was to reflect her struggles with morality, and her gradual distancing from powers of good. Arcana will be an opportunity for Remeira to slide into her darker, more feral aspects without necessarily binding her to true evil, and I believe she will make a fearsome ally for any of the Stars.

What do you believe the card powers should be?:

- Temptation. The Moon card traditionally shows a path moving between a wolf and a dog, both of whom are focused on the moon. When deployed, the victim of the card should feel a powerful draw either toward the animalistic, which, in the context of battle, would be mindless aggression, or toward docility, effectively driving them from the fight. This power would be particularly strong on those of divided loyalties and weaker on the faithful.

- False illumination. Mirrors, water, any reflective surface will suddenly twist with the shape of a monstrous figure, reflecting a key part of the victim's past. This is a cruel trick on more useful for stalking than direct confrontation.

- Curse. The Moon traditionally deals in the subconscious. A curse inflicted upon an enemy would draw on voices of loved ones or enemies and set them to chattering uncontrollably in the victim's mind. The more the victim ignores them, the more desperate they become, rising to levels of tortured screams or hysterical laughter. Acknowledged and protected against by those who have the wit to do so will mitigate this effect.

--------------------
user posted image
-blazeh was here and did stuff- ;D
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll