<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

The Aboveground

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

» SHIFTING (sands), Blazeh, Sal
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 02:17 PM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

Awards: 18

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@Saleyne (Sal)

SETTING: In the city of Miina.

WEATHER: Hot and sunny.

TIME: Current! Morning.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Zunin (Blazeh), Darte (Sal)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Saleyne
 Posted: Nov 11 2016, 07:25 PM

member #6

‣ Female

832 posts

Saleyne

The [Lucky] Owl; *

☆ Offline

737 jaden

Awards: 4

Darte had long since adjusted to the heat of Ristell but as she stood inside her room at the inn, gazing out at the obelisk, she was certain that her vampire eyes would never adjust to how bright it was. Sighing heavily, she turned from the window and rubbed them with her thumb and forefinger. It wasn't going to change anytime soon, however.

Reaching for the dark scarf she had been using to shield her skin from the same light that burdened her scarlet eyes, she wound it about her shoulders and head before slipping into the hallway to meet Zunin. The wounds that she had bandaged upon their reunion had healed in the months that had passed and they had returned to thieving soon after. They were mostly small missions here and there that -- while they didn't pay as well as some of the larger, more complex ones -- allowed them to avoid attention. With Zunin's failure and Meggido's potential displeasure hanging over their heads, that was something to be grateful for.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 03:31 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

Today was a mission as easy as any; steal a spellbook for a client that had loaned it to one who then disappeared. And then was relocated. Avoid killing the current holder, retrieve the book, and the gold - here, called 'sol' - would be theirs.

Zunin looked up as she walked to his side. He'd started to let his hair grow a bit longer, but that was the biggest change; he still had his bracer, the rune-marked kunai, both pendants, and often wore sleeveless tunics or those he could wear with limited armor. But he wasn't like before, deep inside - he was kinder and softer, more patient, tolerant. Not anything like he was before.

Outside, Jackal waited fully saddled alongside another horse, with Raptor panting and tail wagging beside them. The werewolf-dog had long been accepted for what he was, though stemming his protective transformations always proved something of a challenge.

"Let's go," he murmured. "It's a two hour ride from here; if we make a portal, the safest distance would be half an hour from the gates, where we won't be seen or heard. Are you all ready?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Saleyne
 Posted: Dec 16 2016, 06:46 PM

member #6

‣ Female

832 posts

Saleyne

The [Lucky] Owl; *

☆ Offline

737 jaden

It had taken some getting used to -- how different Zunin had become. Not only that, but how much she herself had changed in the wake of their being parted. They were such different people now.

Looking at him as joined him, the half-elf noticed how long his hair was getting. Pulling the hood of her cloak down lower over her fair skin, she squinted against the brightness of Ristell's sunlight and the way it reflected off the sands. "Yeah. As ready as I'll ever be," she replied.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Verridith
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 08:13 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

Worry touched his eyes for a brief moment, before the thief looked away. "We'll ride fast, as fast as we can, to get out of the sun," he murmured. "I'll make sure of it. It'll be best if we do anyways, in case we're pursued."

While they weren't wanted - and weren't known for any crimes they'd committed yet - it was better to be safe than sorry. Glancing back at her, Zunin nodded, then walked off to where the horses and his dog was.

The stallion he rode nickered at him and pawed, while the large wolfhound raced up to him in a mass of wiggling excitement that shouldn't have been possible for a dog of his size. Chuckling, he petted Raptor's head and took Jackal from the stableboy, petting the horse's head and he pawed impatiently.

"Time to go on another adventure, huh?" he asked quietly, as Jackal pushed both ears forward with interest. "Sometimes I think you enjoy the danger. Damn horse."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Saleyne
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 03:29 PM

member #6

‣ Female

832 posts

Saleyne

The [Lucky] Owl; *

☆ Offline

737 jaden

Darte caught the ghost of worry in his mismatched eyes just before he looked away and smiled faintly to herself. "Don't worry about me. I've survived worst, eh?" she told him with an air of dry humor.

Mounting her mare, she pulled her cloak closer around her and watched Jackal and Zunin's antics.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Verridith
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 02:41 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

"Yeah," Zunin replied, gathering his reins with a hint of the same humor, though the worry never left his gaze. "I guess you're right. And I thought I had the short end of the stick..."

He grinned suddenly, and lifted a hand to his chest. "Well, I still have one thing to brag about," he continued. Then, he kicked Jackal suddenly, and the stallion took off down the street at a gallop with a wild, screaming whinney. Raptor took off after them, barking madly. He called back over his shoulder as he rode:

"I still have the fastest horse!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Saleyne
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 09:07 PM

member #6

‣ Female

832 posts

Saleyne

The [Lucky] Owl; *

☆ Offline

737 jaden

Darte laughed at Zunin's antics -- a sound that was both one of surprise and joy. "I wouldn't get cocky!" she shouted after him as she kicked her mare into a gallop after him. He wasn't wrong -- she couldn't argue that the palomino was no match for Jackal -- but she could keep up well-enough.

"If we were on foot I'd cream you!" One perk to vampirism, she supposed, even as she clutched at the scarf about her head that protected her from the harsh rays of the sun. Running had become one of her favorite activities by far.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 02:16 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

As the horses raced through the streets and out into the desert, dust billowing from their hooves, a shadow stirred from beneath a copse of trees, interested in the sudden movement. It rose from where it lay, ears pricked, bright eyes gleaming in the Ristellan sun.

"Time to work," she breathed, and an amused look crossed her face. Marking their path, the creature - lionlike in build - took off in another path, running like a wildfire dancing along dry brush...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Saleyne
 Posted: May 18 2017, 07:30 PM

member #6

‣ Female

832 posts

Saleyne

The [Lucky] Owl; *

☆ Offline

737 jaden

They had been riding for some time when Darte finally reined her palomino mare in. Slowing to a trot and then to a walk, the animal coughed from the dust. The harsh sun had coaxed a sheen to her coat.

"Do you think we should let them rest for a minute or press on?" Darte asked as she reached up to rub her eyes. The sun was beginning to get to them as well but she wasn't about to complain.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Verridith
 Posted: May 19 2017, 06:44 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

Jackal had skipped a step and wheeled before Zunin had even touched the reins; the stallion trotted back to where the mare stood, and it took a sharp jerk on his bridle to get him to stop nickering at her. "Yeah," the thief said, giving his mount a hard stare (that was returned by flattened ears and a swishing tail). "There should be a small oasis around here somewhere... I know I marked one on my map."

He gave Jackal another look and dropped the reins, rummaging in his pack before drawing out a map of the area, drawn by a local craftsman. He wiped the sweat off his brow and sighed, before unrolling it to look. "Yeah, it should be..."

Zunin looked around and spotted a jagged outcrop of rocks, then pointed towards them. "Should be about... a few hundred feet beyond those, over that rise. Want to try for it?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Saleyne
 Posted: May 25 2017, 09:39 PM

member #6

‣ Female

832 posts

Saleyne

The [Lucky] Owl; *

☆ Offline

737 jaden

Darte followed Zunin's gaze to the rocks and gave a nod of her head. Pulling the hood of her cloak down once again, the vampire tried to ignore the pounding of her head. Of all that she had acquired from turning, the sensitive eyes were by far the most annoying.

Stroking her mare's damp neck, the palomino returned Jackal's nicker with one of her own just before Darte nudged her forward. "Let's do it."

With a bit of hesitation, the mare broke into a trot and then a weary lope for their destination.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Verridith
 Posted: May 26 2017, 06:11 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

The rocks were large, jutting fingers of stone that rose towards the sky at an angle; as they rode past, Zunin wondered at them, posting at the trot before kicking his mount into a lope. They passed into the rock's shadow, and then out to crest the hill, back into the bright sunlight.

Relief passed through him as he spotted it - a small oasis, settled in a dip in the land, the only spot of green for miles around. Jackal picked up speed, probably as thirsty as his rider; the promise of shade and water was somehow suddenly more important than the job.

But little did they know of the strange creature that lurked beneath the trees, awaiting them coming under her shadow...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Saleyne
 Posted: May 26 2017, 07:14 PM

member #6

‣ Female

832 posts

Saleyne

The [Lucky] Owl; *

☆ Offline

737 jaden

Darte's mount eagerly followed Jackal's lead. The scent of water, it seemed, had given the mare a second wind -- but it wasn't the only one present. Something pricked at Darte's senses; some minor, out of place peculiarity. Narrowing her eyes, the vampire's scarlet gaze searched the rocks and the greenery.

Nothing seemed wrong. Paranoia? Perhaps. Following her turning, it had seemed that she was more hyper-aware than she had been before. She wasn't sure if it was the heightened senses or the lingering effects of the ambush that had stolen her mortality -- possibly both -- but she found it much harder to relax these days.

Neither Jackal nor Esranine seemed concerned. Surely if there was something to fear the horses would have picked up on it. Shrugging it off, the vampiress said nothing and followed Zunin towards shade and water with relief.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Verridith
 Posted: May 27 2017, 10:38 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

Zunin smiled as they finally reached the shadow of the trees. The shade was cool, here; even he could smell the water, and he looked around as he reined Jackal in. "We can rest here a while," he said, looking over his shoulder at Darte. "Rapt will probably catch up soon, too, if we st-"

Suddenly, the stallion he rode reared and whirled around, bolting in the opposite direction; Zunin scrambled to catch the loose rein that had slipped his hands and Jackal bucked, catching him off balance before he was ready. Another buck and the thief was thrown, landing hard in the sand as the horse galloped back out towards the desert, quickly disappearing over the ridge.

"Jackal! Jackal!" Zunin scrambled to his feet, shaken but uninjured, and cursed. His eyes flicked to Darte - and then away as someone laughed.

"My apologies," a woman's voice said. "I'd forgotten some horses do not agree with me. I generally... eat them."

The woman was no woman at all; but a woman with a lion's body, caramel skin melding seamlessly with brown fur speckled darker along her topline and marked with a variety of sharp, twisting tattoos in bladed designs. Her black hair was done in a series of complex braids, woven with golden bands and bright jewels. She wore a thick golden necklace and large earrings, as well as matching bands six inches long on all four paws.

"Sphinx," the thief breathed.

"You might be correct," the lion-woman said with a smile. Her amber eyes were slitted like a cat's. "What brings you to my oasis? What right do you have to drink my water and share my shade?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

web
statistics