<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Kerguelan

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

» shadow in the light, Blazeh, YOU
Verridith
Open! Posted: Jun 7 2017, 11:22 AM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Awards: 31

This thread is open to anyone and anything! However, it has a specific plot in mind - we gotta save Megiddo, Lord of Hell! His body currently houses two souls, one of which is conflicting with the other, destroying him slowly in the process. He's on the verge of death, and needs a power catalyst to save his life and purge the other soul...

Might you have what he's looking for? Or perhaps a willing subject wanting to go on a quest to find such a thing? ;D

The catalyst can be anything of great magical power!

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)

SETTING:
A vast section of glowing trees, light shimmering from every surface.

WEATHER:
Beautiful sunshine, almost too bright to look at.

TIME:
Current! Afternoon.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Megiddo (Blazeh)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 09:33 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

All was peaceful here. All was quiet, and serene; the light shimmered beautifully, and the trees and plants glowed all around him. The grass was long and white, gleaming as a gentle breeze touched the long blades, and flowers white as snow winked within. The tree he rested against was tall and old; its bark was gnarled, silvery, its petals iridescent like flat pearls.

He was but a mark of darkness in this Realm of beautiful light. He was a shadow amid the curling mist, a dark shape resting against a divine tree. The glowing animals of this Realm gave him wide berth - though he could not have harmed them even if he wished to. No... here was fine. It was quiet, so very quiet. So very peaceful. A perfect... place to die.

Hell was safe. The Core was safe within his daughter; the Realms would be in no danger if he should pass.

Motes of light floated past him, and he lifted his head to tiredly look at them. The man was a demon - a n'vaen of Death, made Spirit King, the Hell-Lore, by the mighty Linath. He was pale of skin and had long black hair streaked in teal usually tied into a loose ponytail, but now it hung loose about his face. His eyes were golden, pupils cat-slitted, with one long scar slashing across the right.

Abent was his usual armor; all he wore was a simple, comfortable teal tunic and a pair of fine black-vilam breeches, along with a long black cloak that had been to protect him from the cold as he traveled. The pendant around his neck, a shard of metal, gleamed at the shallow rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. Around one wrist was a small, metal bracelet; aside from that, he was absent of his usual accessories.

His eyes fluttered closed. "Illiya," he whispered tiredly. "Would that I... could see you once more..."

But it would not come to pass. Every moment had been filled with agony, up until now; the last several hours had been ones of peace, as the pain finally dulled into the numbness of acceptance, his strength no longer fed by the energy around him. He lay limp up against the tree, no-one and nothing accompanying him. Briefly, a smile crossed his face. Oh, how the hellhounds must be panicking... for he had slipped away from them, and into a Realm where they would never dare cross into.

And here, he planned to die.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 12:26 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Awards: 16

The demon jumped across the portal, into an entirely different realm. His eyes, so unused to the brightness, took a few seconds to adjust to the lighting, and Jykhal was forced to slow for fear of crashing into some unseen obstacle. By the time he was able to pick up the chase once more, Ram'r was far away; though the Ghost King was fast, he was not fast enough to catch up by the time he had reached the tree at which Meggido sat.

For a moment, the demon struggled; his pride called for continuation of the chase and the reduction of Ram'r and Kritou to little more than hunks of meat. However, this demon here... he was obviously far more powerful, and dying, by the looks of it.

With a sigh, Jykhal slowed down, choosing to approach this new encounter instead. He didn't sit, but rather looked down at the man, examining him for potential threats and weak areas... though everything seemed to be a vulnerable point.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

--------------------
My name is pronounced zik-HAR-ah, but feel free to call me Hara.
My characters and threads can be found in my tracker.
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 06:01 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

It took the demon a moment to realize that the fleeing one had been pursued; Megiddo turned to look at Jykhal, vision blurring, too weak even to rise and greet the newcomer. For a moment, he considered not replying; what good would it do him? But he would allow this honor in his last few hours.

"Megiddo," he murmured tiredly. At least his voice was not tainted by pain as it often had been, these last several months. "I am... the L-Lord of Hell."

His eyes fluttered closed once more.

"Have y-you... come to kill me?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 08:02 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Lord of Hell?

Jykhal's intuition had been correct; this was certainly far more interesting than Ram'r; once the demon inside the man calmed, he would be useless anyway, and easy enough to find. This man here, however...

This was a once-in-a-lifetime chance, and saving this man's life would certainly give him far more benefit than chasing after a foolish demon. There was little consideration before Jyk responded to the man's shaky question, and the man's voice was suddenly composed, almost friendly.

"I'm not here to kill you; on the contrary, I'm here to help you. Do you know how I might begin?"

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jul 27 2017, 05:59 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Oh? Someone who wanted to change his fate? If this man had come months ago, Megiddo might have reacted with hope - as it was, he sighed and shook his head. "You... c-can't save me," he whispered. "Kacius' soul... within me... is too corrupted. To separate... now, to purge h-him... the energy a-alone would tear both souls a-apart."

He opened his eyes, though they were cloudy and his gaze distant. "O-Only... one way - but... I have no... catalyst. His soul i-is... corrupting mine. He must be... purged, but I-I don't have a catalyst, o-or... the energy to fort... fortify both souls f-for restructuring... before separation. I've tried..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 07:15 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

"The energy, I have," Jykhal responded, smirking. Even now he could feel his newfound power coursing through his body; that would not be a problem. It was the catalyst that would be an issue, and he continued, "but what would the catalyst need to be? I have the resources to acquire what objects I need."

The thought of solidifying Linath's opinion of himself into something great gave Jykhal immense satisfaction, though he kept the expression off his face. It would certainly make the takeover of Kurai that much easier, especially if he could convince the goddess that the demon Lord's were failing... or trying to take her subjects and destroy them.

Like the little traitorous boy that was now a War Lord.

"So tell me, what kind of thing is this catalyst?"

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 05:55 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Megiddo shook his head. "I was to u-use... one of the d-dragon Gilgamesh's... a-ancient, enchanted weapons. The old e-enchantments a-are expansively powerful, a-and it... c-could help, but..."

He lifted one hand, and opened his eyes - a broken, shattered sword handle lifted from the ground from not ten feet away. The thing he had dropped when he fled here. "This... was one. But i-it was fake, a-and now... the c-creator of such w-weapons... was slain. I-I need... a creation such a-as this - to f-focus a-a-and chain... Kacius' s-soul to... a catalyst..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 06:13 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

"Ah yes, Gilgamesh," Jykhal mused. "My sources tell me the great Gold is dead and rotting somewhere; seems his arrogance paid off. These magical objects that once belonged to him, then, should be easy enough to find and wield."

The demon paused for a moment. "But before I go traipsing off to find such an object, perhaps it would be better to fortify your souls now. It would not be well, I think, to leave you in such a state and return to find that you have already passed into the Void." Before Meggido could say anything, the King swept on, "And if I am not mistaken, I believe you have a daughter that would certainly like to be reunited with her father. No doubt you wish to see her, too."

He shrugged, glancing up at where Ram'r--Kritou-- had gone, then back at the Lord of Hell. "So tell me, my Lord, how do we begin?"

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 09:27 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

To think... that traitor was a friend...

But he did not voice the words. Before he could, Jykhal's mention of his daughter hit him, and hit him hard. The dying demon looked away, color draining from his face as his face twisted into a pained grimace.

The new Spirit King spoke truth. If he died this way, he may never get to see Illiya again...

"S-Stablize both souls," he whispered, trying to steady his voice. "Bind a-and fort... fortify. You a-a-are a... Spirit King, y-yes? That knowledge... should be kn-known to you..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 08:14 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Jykhal hid a smirk as he watched the reaction that he had known his words would bring. Children were always a point of weakness with these sentimental fools, and this man was no exception; this had been easy, almost too easy.

At Meggido's next statement, the Ghost King almost protested; the words were nearly out of his mouth before he realized that the Lord of Hell had spoken truth, and he did indeed know how. Somehow, the ceremony had altered his scope of knowledge, and though it was useful at this point, Jykhal wasn't sure if he liked the tampering with his mind. He would have to figure out to what extent the changes had occurred.

But for now, there was a more important task at hand, and the demon focused on Meggido, seeking into the other's mind to find the two souls, so deeply intertwined.

"Hold on, this may hurt somewhat."

((ooc; you can make Jyk continue with the procedure or whatnot))

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 10:09 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

'Hurt somewhat' was something of an understatement.

Megiddo went suddenly rigid as severe pain shot down his spine and through his head. So badly had the damage spread that even an entry into his mind such as Jykhal had done was exceptionally painful - his face twisted into a grimace of pain and he lowered his meager mental defenses...

And Jykhal could see how close Megiddo was to true death, as his mindscape materialized in the Ghost Lord's mind's eye.

It was a broken, silent place; there was no maelstrom of destruction, no chaos or pain. Everything was black, save for colorless, floating snatches of land, islands covered in dead plants and corroded earth. Black threads tied the islands to each other; from the largest island to the smallest islet, they were not unlike the golden threads that tied souls to one another -

- and like them, they bound the two decaying, ghostly souls of nearly identical figures.

One stood, though he looked as though it was a struggle just to remain standing. This one was Megiddo - his soul was ethereal and weakened, and in places seemed to disitegrate, others completely bound by the smoking black threads. Silver fire edged in red glinted here and there in minute amounts around him. The look on his face was a mask of pain, and his golden eyes were locked on the figure opposite.

The other looked much like Megiddo, though perhaps younger, less regal - he lay on the ground, unable to rise, and in the brief moment that his eyes fluttered open, it could be seen that the irises were a deep purple, not gold. His form was deteriorating worse than Megiddo's, translucent with little for the black threads to hold to any longer. Shadows seemed to cling to his limp form, eating away at his fading essence.

Kacius. The one that had helped, however unwillingly, Megiddo's rise to power. And now, the one who unwittingly was leading to his death.

No fear or pain hung around the young dragon's dying soul any longer, though the trace of it could still be found. He didn't register Jykhal's presence at all. However, Megiddo's spirit looked up, and sank to his knees.

"I can't do this any longer..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 05:54 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

"And you won't have to."

Jykhal could see now what needed to be done, and it seemed to him like a long-practiced memory when he called upon the power needed for such a task. His newfound connection to the ghost realm fueled the energy he needed, and the demon seemed to be glowing as he approached the two broken souls.

"Strengthen," he said, in a voice that seemed somewhat different than the demon's own abrasive tone. "Bind."

Energy flowed from the man, dark streaked with grey and hints of silver, snaking its way first to Kacius's broken form and then to Meggido's. It replaced the old darkness with new, halting the deterioration and filling in what parts seemed to have faded away long ago, lending both souls the energy they would need for whatever the next part of the procedure was.

When the process was finally over, Jykhal stumbled backward a step as the sudden decrease in his energy made itself known; it had taken more out of him than he had expected, though he quickly regained his composure and watched the two spirits.

Hopefully that would give this Hell Lord the ability to think clearly, so that he might help Jykhal find whatever catalyst was needed. Despite his outward eagerness to help, the Spirit King's willingness to use his precious resources on a weak creature such as this was minimal at best, and it would be far better if Meggido could help in any way possible.

"So?" Jykhal questioned, eyeing the two souls.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 05:48 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The demon looked more than surprised; he looked at his hands, golden eyes wide, as he felt the Lord of Ghosts' energy giving him strength. Rising, however unsteadily, he knew it wouldn't last long - he glanced down at Kacius' motionless form and away.

"The catalyst," he said. "Quickly, back to the physical world. We must find a catalyst to shear away the black threads and replace them with the golden, drive Kacius out of my soul and reforge him as a physical being once more."

He looked up. For the first time in an age, he smiled. "I know just the one."

Back in the physical Realm of Spirits, Megiddo's eyes flew open with a gasp. "Xaeri," he rasped. "Xaeri! One of the Spirit-Weapons of Xaeri!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 03:58 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Jykhal slipped out of Meggido's mind, bringing his consciousness into his own body. It was always a strange feeling, that, though one that he had grown far more accustomed to since Cruox had been old enough to begin his training.

"Xaeri it is," the demon replied, and in the same fluid movement tore open the portal that would lead them to the land of the Xeriin. Through the opening in the flux, thick tree trucks covered the view, dappled with shadows and patchy sunlight.

"I hope you don't mind; last I heard, my sources tell be a spirit-weapon was lying dormant near this area, though my information might very well be outdated. Tell me, Lord Meggido, do the weapons of Xaeri move around often?"

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

web
statistics