by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Add Reply
New Poll

MC12: Age of Heroes, month of june
Welcome to this month's Monthly Contest! These MCs, as they are known, happen every non-holiday month, and are fun little events or contests that staff put up for you members to partake in. Whoo!

user posted image

MC#: AGE OF HEROES

By a road obscure and lonely,
Haunted by ill angels only,
Where an Eidolon, named NIGHT,
On a black throne reigns upright,
I have reached these lands but newly
From an ultimate dim Thule -
From a wild weird clime that lieth, sublime
Out of SPACE - Out of TIME...

THE CONTEST!

Hark to the Age of Heroes! At a time where the Realms were just rising to their feet, with looming gods, fierce battles, and terrible, frightening foes, some of the greatest legends were born. Who were they? Well, that's up to you.

In this month's contest, I challenge you to write a truly remarkable legend about a past hero, one who lived and died by their beliefs... or, perhaps, their vicious enemy. From Sir George of Britain to Draco of Romania, whatever inspiration seizes you is welcome at this round table. Of course, there's a catch:

THE RULES!

Here are the rules of this MC!
  • NO LONGER THAN 1000 words. Brevity is the key to wit.
  • All legends must take place somewhere (and sometime!) in the Realms.
  • The hero in question is not canonically alive. Your characters may be descended from them, or they may have influenced some of our longer lived denizens, but the hero him or herself cannot be a currently playable figure.
  • BTACD lore only! Please do not actually bring in Sir George, that would be awkward. :P Especially since our George is a dragon who crashes through towers!!

SOME HELPFUL LINKS!

The Timeline
Other Legends
Possible Keystone Events

THE PRIZES!

1. One event item (no god weapons and no one-of-a-kind items) from Zacyn's Hoard and 2000 jaden.

2. One item from the Hidden Passageway valued at 4000 jaden or less, in addition to 1000 jaden.

3. 1000 jaden and my love.

Note that the top three legends will be RECORDED AS CANON; this may extend to any special mentions, so try hard!

Good luck, and may the sword be ever in your (best) hand.

--------------------
user posted image
-blazeh was here and did stuff- ;D
^
user posted image
This event has OPENED! Have fun, guys! :D

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Placeholder for my entry
Name: JPG
Realm/Time: Kurai Year 5870, during the a Demon Lord of the War Kingdom's attempt to ascend to the Silver Throne
Entry:
For My Ancestors - Legend of the Bloodline's Fang

This post has been edited by JPG: Jun 8 2018, 01:58 PM

--------------------
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll