<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

» heartstrings ❤, Blazeh, Hara
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 11:43 AM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Awards: 31

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@Xikhara (Hara)

SETTING: An unnamed island not far from the Regulus Range.

WEATHER: Rather warm, but windy.

TIME: Current! Midmorning.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Feanor (Blazeh), Fryhna (Hara)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 2 2016, 09:52 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Awards: 16

Fryhna's brown hair whipped behind her in the wind as she looked out over the edge of the floating island. Though it had been a few weeks now since she'd come to the levitated continent, she had not quite gotten over the feeling of being on a piece of land so far in the sky.

The elf took a deep breath, thinking over the events of the past year. As promised, they had not stopped trying to retrieve Xavanth from the clutches of the Faction, and bring the demon back to his foster son. However, both the large plots to take him back had failed, and though the former Lord had nearly been able to break free, Nina's hod on him had never failed to return.

One such attempt was when they had taken the commander into a thickly walled enclosure, preventing him from escaping while Feanor had gone to talk, and the boy had tried-- to no avail. At the sight and sound of his foster son, Xavanth had snapped once more, the two sides of his mind battling until he lost control and blasted his way through a wall with his head. How it happened, no one could explain, and it would have been quite amusing had their plan not failed.

The second attempt involved a pregnant woman, her belly distended with the weight of her unborn child, injured in one of the attacks by the Faction. Fryhna and Feanor had restrained the demon commander, and once more his mind had fought with itself, and once more it looked as if they might succeed.. but it was not to be.

There were few other plots, all of which had been scrapped, and new ideas were scarce. To spend time, Feanor and Fryhna had been practicing their swordsmanship, and the elf had taught the demon boy to throw knives like she did. There was definite progress in the training, but she had also encouraged him to practice summoning-- that was what the boy excelled at, and what would come most in handy should he need to defend himself.

With a sigh, the elf turned away from the edge, heading back to where they resided; she was no longer stuffed from breakfast, and it was time to continue training; no one truly knew when or where the Faction might strike again. Slipping inside, her foresty green eyes searched for the form of the young demon boy she had come to love, much like a son. "Feanor, are you ready?"

--------------------
My name is pronounced zik-HAR-ah, but feel free to call me Hara.
My characters and threads can be found in my tracker.
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 6 2016, 09:15 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Feanor looked up, horns catching the light of the sun. He smiled at her and nodded, rising, though none of his smiles quite reached his eyes anymore. He had gotten a new tunic and cloak, over the course of their travels - the old, ripped one had been destroyed beyond use, and they had saved up enough to buy him a few more changes of clothes. This one, however, was his favorite, and he wore it whenever he could.

"I wanna find a feylizard to summon," he said, looking up at her. He'd grown a few inches taller, but still wasn't near freezing just yet. "One that can send messages. I've been thinking about it for a while. Do you think we can find one?"

Hesitating, he looked away. "Because... when we get Xavvie to come back, then we can get in contact with Legacy and Lady Verri, and..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 10:36 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Fryhna returned the boy's smile, though she did not miss the absence of true joy in his eyes. "I think we should be able to do that without a problem; feylizards are everywhere, and with the way you have with other creatures, I'm sure you could befriend a hundred of them, if you wanted to." She tousled the boy's hair, and turned to head to where they had set up as the training grounds before halting abruptly.

"Actually, we've been doing a lot of training, and you've been doing very well. What do you think about going to see if we can find a feylizard to befriend right now?" The elf paused to think for a moment; she had seen a group of the tiny dragons recently--all she had to do was remember where.

"I think I saw a bunch not too far from here, if you want to go looking. It'll be good for us to give our bodies a little rest and do something a little more lighthearted." Fryhna hoped by getting his mind off of training, she could help Feanor feel at least a little better; it did the boy no good to be so worried at such a young age.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 03:31 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

For a moment, Feanor brightened. He didn't think Fryhna would be so willing, so quickly, to do so - and that alone got him excited. "Really?" the boy asked, expression breaking into a smile. "Are you sure?"

Quickly, the young War demon got up and gathered up his things, moving too quickly to keep his balance, and ended up stumbling and dropping everything on the ground. Looking guilty, he began to gather up the spilled items, starting with a bag of scrolls he'd upended, left over from his studies at Godshome.

"S-Sorry," he said, shamefaced. "I guess I got too excited..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 17 2016, 02:33 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

"Don't apologize," Fryhna reassured with a laugh. "Here, I'll help you."

She bent down and began to pick up the spilled contents with a smile, happy that she had been able to make Feanor excited, if just a little. She felt a sudden rush of affection for the demon; it was indeed good to see him happy, and it happened far too rarely these days.

When everything had been gathered, she rose and looked at Feanor with a teasing grin. "Are you ready to go without dropping things this time?" Amusement twinkled in the elf's green eyes as she opened a portal. It would lead further away from the edge of the island, into a sparsely forested area, where Fryhna had spotted a few feylizards flitting about the trees.

"After you," the elf said, gesturing for the young demon to go first.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 04:22 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The little demon nodded vigorously, and went through, holding his satchel somewhat nervously. However, once through the portal, he stared and gave a small gasp, seeing many feylizards of all colors dancing amid the branches.

There were reds and blacks, blues and purples, golds and oranges; he even spotted a multi-colored one amid the leafy boughs, and watched it until it disappeared. Several caught notice of them and chirped and whistled among each other, watching them to see what the pair would do.

Uncertainly, Feanor looked up at the she-elf, then back at the tiny dragons.

"What... do I do now?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 08:43 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Fryhna chuckled. "They seem interested, for sure," she replied, glancing down at the boy. As if suddenly remembering something, the elf turned and shuffled in the pouch that hung by her side, until she was able to pull out a few strips of dried and seasoned meat.

"Here, I brought a little food. Want to try making friends with a few of them?" Fryhna offered to Feanor, extending the jerky to the demon. "I've found they really like that stuff," she said, smiling up at the multicolored, tiny dragons as the flitted around the treetops.

After a moment, the elf lowered herself to the ground so that she was sitting, and patted the forest floor next to her. "Come sit; let's see how many we can get to come to us!"

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 01:34 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

As soon as Feanor sat down, and as soon as the first feylizard noticed they had food, suddenly there were three that flitted over to perch in their hair. He flinched and hid his face with a yelp as one, a tiny little Red, landed on top of his head and peered upside-down into his eyes. It chirruped inquisitively, then meandered down the demon's arm to daintily pick one of the dropped pieces from his lap, before flying back up to a tree to munch. Two more came down to perch on his legs and one on his shoulder, but he was so scared he didn't see any of them.

"They're gonna b-bite me!" he yelped fearfully. "Fryhna, th-they're on me! Help!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 02:15 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

The plan worked marvelously; suddenly Feanor was covered in feylizards, but instead of feeding them, the boy called to the elf for help. So strange was the situation that Fryhna could not help but laugh, struggling to produce another strip of jerky from her pouch to draw the little dragons' attention from the boy.

When she finally managed to extract the piece of meat, she was still chuckling, and held it out to the one on the boy's shoulder, which took the piece and hopped down to land on her leg instead, swallowing the morsel with a quick bob of its head.

Fryhna placed a comforting hand on Feanor's shoulder, using the other one to offer another piece to one on his leg. "They're not gonna bite you," she said with a smile. "See? They're just curious, and hungry, it looks like."

She pushed a piece toward the last feylizard, and tickled its chin as it gnawed on the meat. The little dragon chirred happily, eyes half-lidded. "They're cute!"

The elf nudged the boy lightly. "Give them a piece, they'll let you pet them."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 12:20 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Feanor looked completely bewildered, and more than a little lost, as he came to realize the small creatures would not bite him. Nervously, he took a small piece and gave it to a little Red, and looked positively delighted when the small dragon took the piece daintily from his fingers. "They're so... gentle," he said, awed, and reached out to stroke the frills of a little Blue. "I thought they would bite... like cats. Kitties don't like me much..." He chuckled. "Except ghostie kitties."

Hesitating a moment, he gave another piece to the small red one, and then gave Fryhna a puzzled look. "So... how do I ask them if I can summon one...? I dunno how to speak to them. Do you...?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 05:47 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Fryhna shrugged, just as unsure as the boy on this matter. "I know little about dragons, and even less about these, other than they seem to know exactly where to deliver a letter when asked." She offered another piece to a little Brown, who snapped it up and sniffed at her empty hands, searching for more.

"Maybe they can sense your intentions, and not your words," the elf suggested, watching the feylizard amusedly as it hopped around her, sniffing for dropped scraps. "I've heard once of some creatures communicating by feelings and pictures rather than words... though I couldn't tell you when or from who I was told this."

She smiled at Feanor as the Brown hopped hesitantly over to the boy, looking for more meat. "I think it might be worth a try to see if they'll respond to mental contact, since we have little else to go off of."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 12:25 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Two of the feylizards snorted, watching Fryhna curiously; one raak'd at her obnoxiously, and another chittered as if laughing. The little brown one gave her an amused look before hopping up onto her head and peering into her eyes upside-down, tail flicking behind it, while its wings were held out for balance.

Feanor giggled, head tilted as one perched on his horn. "Maybe they do understand us," he said, feeding the one a piece on his horn. "Because I think they just told you no. Hahaha!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 02:47 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Fryhna laughed at the feylizard's reactions and at Feanor's laugh, truly happy for the first time in a long time, especially fueled by the boy's joy at the little dragons. "Perhaps you're right," she chuckled, reaching up to give the one on her head a scratch. "I don't know much about dragons, really," she admitted, "and even less about feys."

With a smile, the elf glanced at Feanor, careful not to displace the little dragon perched on her head. "Why don't you just ask one, then? They seem pretty eager to be around you--granted, it might be the food but..." She trailed off, looking at the little dragons. They all looked friendly and playful enough, and definitely gave off a cheery vibe. "I think you'll find at least one -if not more- that want to be your friend."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Dec 11 2016, 11:49 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

There was a little red and blue feylizard with brightly-patterned wings and shiny, plated scales; it had extravagant frills and gleaming sapphire markings, with jewel-bright, turquoise eyes. It was one of the ones who didn't seem to want to leave him alone, and looked at him with all the curiosity of an excited puppy. Slowly - and somewhat nervously - Feanor picked the trilling creature up as one would a cat, and got a surprised and inquisitive chirp, and a frill-fanned headtilt.

"Um..." the boy began awkwardly; then, he tilted his horned head the same way the feylizard had. "Can I... well, I-I'm a summoner, a-and I... was wondering... can I summon you, too?" He hesitated, and the feylizard tilted its head the other way. "I mean... if... Uh..."

He sighed, and put the little dragon down. After another moment, he reached out and scratched between the fey's frills.

"Do you wanna be my friend?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last »

web
statistics