by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Add Reply
New Poll

MC10: February Fear-Fest!, month of february
Welcome to this month's Monthly Contest! These MCs, as they are known, happen every non-holiday month, and are fun little events or contests that staff put up for you members to partake in. Whoo!

user posted image

MC10: FEAR FEST!
It is said nobody can show true courage without first resisting fear, and overcoming it. But what happens when fear proves to be too strong to overcome? What happens when you become overwhelmed by fear that you succumb to terror?

Let's find out!

THE CONTEST!

This month's MC is all about seeing how your characters deal with fear in any given situation. Choose from one of the examples listed below, or feel free to come up with your own scenario.
  • -Your character finds themselves on a battlefield, but the fear of getting injured, or of hurting somebody else, has crippled their fighting skills.
  • -Your character finds themselves at a large gathering, but is suddenly overcome with a fear of crowds, and public places.
  • -Your character is out hunting for food, whether for themselves, or for others, only to find themselves overcome with fear of failure, of of being injured.
  • -Your character is exploring some place they've never been before. Perhaps a massive cavern system, or grand, forgotten ruin, when they're overcome by the dread, convinced that some unseen terror is stalking them.
  • -Your character wakes up in an unknown place, with no memories of how they got there. They are suddenly convinced that something horrible happened to them, and something even more horrible is awaiting them if they remain.

THE RULES!

Here are the rules of this MC!
  • Only one character per member can be entered.
  • They must be able to feel fear, regardless of their normal behavior and personality.

THE FORM!

Please fill out the form below to participate!
CODE
[b]NAME:[/b]
[b]CHARACTER INVOLVED:[/b]
[b]SCENARIO:[/b]
[b]ENTRY:[/b]

THE PRIZES!

Prizes are as follows:

First Prize: A store item of 3,000 jaden value or less.
Second Prize: 2,000 jaden.
Third Place: 1,200 jaden.
Participation: 300 jaden.

Have fun!
^
user posted image
This event has OPENED! Have fun, guys! :D

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
NAME: Fetiro
CHARACTER INVOLVED: Fetiro
SCENARIO: Fetiro decides to check out some ruins, not knowing of the beast that lurks within
ENTRY: It's probably not that good but

It was dark when the young avian arrived at his destination, the rocks and roots lay on the ground as if they were sleeping, blanketed in the darkness of night and the shadow of the canopy above. The boy had noticed the structure yesterday as he flew over the trees, but it wasn't until now that he had mustered the courage to enter into the abyssal darkness that was the wide doorframe leading into the building. As he crept into the dark a horrid noise like wind howling, bellowed from the depths. Fetiro was a good 20 feet away from the building in the blink of an eye, wings wrapping around him like a blanket in an attempt to hide or protect himself from the noise, he wasn't sure which.

Ten seconds passed. 5 more…. Nothing. Standing shakily the child lowered his wing, eye peering out over the brown feathers, yellow eyes like tarnished gold fruitlessly attempting to pierce the darkness. The boy took three shaky steps toward the shadowed arch. Nothing. Three more steps, nothing. One step from the entrance, nothing. Fetiro sat Rocky on his shoulder as he cast a simple light spell, a glistening orb, like a tiny pearly star, a prismatic sun popped into existence. The light illuminated the stone hall, which stretched on for five haunting feet before plummeting downwards into a set of steep stairs.

Fetiro looked down the edge, the stairs seemed to reach on forever, not even his light spell could pierce the abyssal blanket of darkness. Fetiro squinted, trying to gaze into the dark. 'Was that movement?!' the boy worried, eyes wide with terror. 'Oh gods, it is!' the thought was the only thing to fill his head as three crimson eyes light up, and whatever demon lurked inside that sea of gloom began to lumber, no creep, up the stairs. “Hell no!!!” the boy shouted as he grabbed Rocky, wings stretching and with a single powerful movement Fetiro was outside, hovering in the air with a look of terror plastered on his face.

“Anatrepo!” the avian cried, using every fiber of emotion to not break down out of sheer terror. Bricks and ground shook as the archway leading into the ruin began to collapse. The boy didn't even wait to see if his spell worked, he had already fled towards his home, vowing to never get close to those ruins ever again.
^
NAME: Elffri3nd
CHARACTER INVOLVED: Zeke
SCENARIO: Zeke is exploring a large cavern but he has been separated from Horus.
ENTRY:

It had been a long time since Zeke had been away from Horus, so long in fact that he couldn't remember a time he had been a way from his best friend. It didn't matter to him how annoying or mischievous his friend was, the bird was always there for him. The two looked after each other. Zeke protected his bird and Horus did the same for him but now the bird was gone.

Zeke had no idea if the bird had died or if he had just simply gotten lost. Normally Zeke would be able to hear the precious voice of his little bird but his mind was clouded and he couldn't focus on anything.

His heart was racing, his breathing had quickened and he couldn't think of anything other than what had happened to Horus and the surrounding darkness. If there was anything he was afraid of, it was losing Horus and the darkness. Horus lit up Zeke's world for him. He lived in a constant darkness due to his blindness but Horus made it seem as though he could see the world in perfect detail.

Zeke took a careful step forward. His hand was against the wall of the cavern as he walked. His hand was shaking with every step that he took. With each step Zeke felt as though he was going to collapse.

Again he took a step forward. His free hand clenched the fabric at his heart. He could feel it banging against his ribcage. He was gasping for air. Finally he stumbled backwards. His back landed against the cave wall and he slowly slipped down.

Zeke now sat against the wall holding his knees. He was still gasping for air. He could feel it; the darkness that was surrounding him. He had no idea where he was anymore and he had no idea where his precious bird was. He felt completely hopeless. He was panicking and tears snuck out of the corners of his eyes. Over every inch of Zeke's body he could feel a strange sensation of complete terror wash over him, longing to be held and comforted.

Then he heard it. A squawk in the distance. He instantly burst into tears as he welcomed Horus into his arms. "Where... where were you? Please never do that again." The bird let out another sound. "I am not crying! Waters is just coming out of my eyes." The bird rubbed his face against Zeke's in an attempt to comfort him and they sat there for a while until they finally began walking again.

--------------------
-Blazeh defeated the elffri3nd 1/19/18-
-Mav was obliterated by the elffri3nd 1/19/18-
-Elf's mom was destroyed by the JPG 4/20/1997 yay time travel-
-Elf got his revenge on JPG 6/12/18-
^
NAME: JPG
CHARACTER INVOLVED: Noe
SCENARIO: Noe is fleeing Sidika (also my char, but not the one feeling fear), who is seeking to kill dergons.
ENTRY:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14GvWONC...dit?usp=sharing

--------------------
^
NAME: SherniKaur

CHARACTER INVOLVED: Maharani

SCENARIO: Maharani remembered the time her lover died and is scared shitless by it.

ENTRY:

FLASHBACK:

“It’s too strong.”

“I know.”

“You know.” Harian raised a blonde brow at her. “What are you going to do about it?”

Nearby, an explosion of dark reiatsu scattered the two Seraphs. Tilted sideways, they flew away from the blast and back to each other with only three powerful flaps of their wings.
The one on the left turned her dark eyes to her companion and smirked. “What I always do: win.”

It was obvious by the way she talked that she was overconfident; she believed that she could win anything and survive whatever she walked into.

This time, she would walk away.

But she would not win.

“I… don’t think that you should go; we should flee and regroup.” Harian drew closer, searching Maharani’s eyes. “And the child… she tires me. It would be best to live and fight another day.”

Maharani pressed her hands onto her lover’s shoulders. “We will be fine. Trust me, Love. I can defeat the demon. It is what I was trained for.”

“It isn’t that I don’t trust you,” Harian argued. “I do. I just… have a bad feeling about this.”

Maharani smiled patronizingly. “Of course you do. Ever since you found out that you were pregnant you’ve always had one bad feeling or another.” She pressed her lips to Harian’s. “We will be fine. Wait for me until I get back.”

Harian opened her mouth, as if she was going to argue, but she shut it. “Very well. But be careful.

The dark-haired Seraph’s lips curled up. “When am I not, Love?”

Rolling her eyes, Harian gave her a look. “I just admire how humble you are, lover.”

“Don’t lie. You despise it, Love,” grinned Maharani.

As Maharani floated back towards the ground, she blew a kiss back at Harian. “Don’t miss me too much!” she called.

Shaking her head, Harian moved to head back towards the protection of the base.

Before she could even turn around, a bolt of darkness shot into Harian’s chest. A look of surprise on her face, Harian lurched forward. She came crashing towards the ground, and her short blonde hair whipped over her face as her wings--the pure white wings that so many other Seraphs coveted--flared to try and save her.

Her wings failed.

But all Maharani could think was that she failed.

As Harian’s body slammed into the ground, Maharani screamed and reached for the dead body. She whipped out her bow and shot an arrow at the lesser demon that had somehow gotten past the defenses. Even though she was distressed, her aim rang true and the arrow, laced with light reiatsu, shot through the shoulder--or what Maharani thought was its shoulder--of the demon.

“Tie it up!” she ordered, not even checking whether or not anyone listened.

Maharani sprinted back towards her and pulled Harian’s blonde head into her lap. Frantic to find a pulse, Maharani pressed two of her fingers to her moon-white neck.

“B-back s-so s-soon?” stuttered Harian.

Maharani chuckled, choking on a sob. “You need to stay with me, Love.”

“T-t-told you I had a b-bad f-feeling about t-this.”

“I know, Love, I know.”

“I-I j-just have t-to t-tell you--”

“It can wait until after a healer comes here… I NEED A HEALER!” Maharani yelled over her shoulder.

Harian clutched at Maharani’s hand and squeezed it. “I-I… l-love… y-you.”

And with those words, Harian’s head fell back, her eyes staring at nothing.

Upon finding no pulse to greet her, Maharani recoiled, clutching at her heart. Time stopped; she stopped.

Her only friend and lover… was dead. There was no heartbeat that showed that the light of her world was still alive.

Dark reiatsu exploded around the two, but Maharani made no gesture from where she knelt. A glistening tear rolled down her cheek as she pressed her face into Harian’s neck. She began to cry, her shoulders shaking with the force of her sobs. “Harian… Harian… come back,” she repeated over and over. “Come back…”

-----
TWENTY YEARS LATER

She was staring at Harian’s dead body when she felt a hand on her shoulder. “You failed me, Love,” a voice sneered. “You let me die.”

“Harian?” Maharani looked up from her lover’s dead body in disbelief, only to find Harian herself glaring back at her. “W-what are you doing here?”

“Getting my revenge.” Harian’s eyes were full of rage. “You let me die and I am here to make you pay for that. Do you know what I have endured because of your arrogance?”

Guilt and fear filling her eyes, Maharani shook her head. “I didn’t… I tried everything to try and save you. I even wanted to resurrect you, Love.” A tear dripped down her face. “Please, Harian… consider what we had. We were lovers,” she finally sobbed. "You were pregnant with our child."

She heard the scream of metal against air.

The agony hit her spine first as Harian ran a sword through her abdomen. Maharani screamed in pain.

“Oh, I’m going to enjoy this,” smiled Harian. The pain coursed through her and coalesced where Harian's sword had pierced her skin. "And don't try to bring my child into this. We both know that you didn't care for her one bit."

“Please,” Maharani begged, pawing at the steel embedded in her torso. “Please.”

“No.” Harian’s smile was honeyed poison as she gripped Maharani’s long black hair. She put her mouth right up against Maharani's ear. “Would you like to know the truth of it all, Love?" She paused, as if for a dramatic effect. "I never loved you.”

Shocked, Maharani pulled a bloody hand away from her wound, reaching out for her former lover. “You--NO!” Maharani shot up in bed, breathing heavily. Her bedsheets were sweat-soaked and she was drenched from head to toe.

But Maharani didn’t care for any of that. The words that Harian had said echoed in her head.

“I never loved you.”

“I never loved you.”

“I never loved you.”

“Make it stop!” Maharani screamed. “MAKE IT STOP--”

END OF FLASHBACK
^
user posted image
EVENT ENDED!
This event is at its end, thank you for participating! There may be an announcement following this, so stay tuned!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll