<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Ereinlen

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

» bonds and betrayal, Nechesa, Hara, Blazeh
Nechesa
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 01:09 PM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #267

‣ Female

231 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

524 jaden

Awards: 5

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Nechesa (Nechesa)
@Xikhara (Hara)
@Verridith (Blazeh)

SETTING: Outside the walls of the city Tooth.

WEATHER: Pleasantly warm. Cloudy.

TIME: Current. Mid afternoon.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Athena, Ra'ein, Cordella, Tyrion, and Hartoras.

POST ORDER: To be determined.

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

Athena | Cordella | Dorah | Ingrid | Isadora | Lyfe | Nechesa | Ra'ein | Rose |
Runa | Sirisial | Tolmiros | Valstrath

Thanks to SpiritSai for her beautiful art!
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 02:53 PM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

231 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

524 jaden

"No no, not the red ones, sweetheart. They'll give you tummy-ache."

The young Myth-kin Xeriin looked up at his mother curiously, then at the berry he had just picked. Holding it away from himself at arm's length, he dropped it with a proclamation of 'yucky!' Athena laughed softly, and bent down to join him, gesturing towards another nearby bush that had bigger, blue berries growing from it.

"We want the blue ones. Over there, do you see them? Can you bring some for Mummy's basket?"

Confident that he could, Ra'ein shuffled through the grass and reached out to take a handful of berries. He managed to grab eight from the bush, but gripped them too tightly. Only five survived, and Athena's hand moved to catch them as her son tried to drop them into the basket. Looking at his palm in surprise, Ra'ein held it out to his mother.

"Blue hand!" he said.

Smiling at his confusion, she took one of the burst berries, and offered it to his lips. He gladly ate it, momentarily forgetting the colour of his hand. Discarding the other two and tipping the remaining five into her basket, she reached into the simple purse hanging from one shoulder, and took out a kerchief to wipe his hand clean.

"There now. All gone. No more blue," she said. "Be gentle with the berries, Ra'ein. Like this." Athena showed him how to carefully pick them one at a time, and the toddler followed suit, if still a little clumsy in his copying. Little by little, more and more berries were dropped into the basket, at least until Ra'ein decided he would much rather eat them straight from the bush instead.

"Are you not leaving any for Mummy and Daddy?" Athena asked, playfully gasping in obviously fake shock. Picking up on the joking tone of his mother's voice, Ra'ein giggled, and ate another.

"Such a cheeky boy!" Athena played on, reaching over to tickle his underarms. "Am I going to have to eat you for supper now? Am I?"

Incredibly ticklish, he squealed with laughter and collapsed into his mother's arms, tiny wings flapping wildly. Little did Athena know, two beings were lurking close by, in earshot of the scene...had she known of them, and their intent, she might not have even been out gathering in the first place.

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jan 20 2017, 07:51 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

883 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

424 jaden

Awards: 16

Hartoras had heard the pair from a long ways away, and he approached with caution, hoping that this was exactly who he-- and his siren companion-- had been searching so painstakingly for.

In the forest-kin xeriin's mind, his myth-kin counterpart were a dangerous breed, and they needed to be wiped out for the good of the rest of the xeriin. They brought nothing but death and bad omens, and though they claimed to be good, no xeriin that showed such monstrous affinities could truly be considered good, he knew.

Cordella understood him, the stag was sure. It was true he had paid her well, but anyone who felt strongly against what he did would not have gone so willingly to find his targets, not like she had. And now she had brought him directly to his victims, for as he approached with a practiced silence, newly-decorated spear held at the ready, he could see the sky-kin xeriin whore and her twisted son playing together amidst the berries they had picked.

Abominations, the both of them. Her for choosing to breed with a monster, and the boy for being one. He would kill them both in due time. For now, however, he was content to watch and observe their actions for a bit; though they seemed harmless at first glance, Hart knew they might very well have tricks hidden up their sleeves. After all, they were filthy creatures that were not above dirty tricks.

--------------------
My name is pronounced zik-HAR-ah, but feel free to call me Hara.
My characters and threads can be found in my tracker.
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 10:09 AM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

231 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

524 jaden

The stag was not alone; his informant lingered quietly by his side as they looked upon the two unaware Xeriin. She allowed herself a cruel, proud little grin. It had taken a little time, but she had followed up potential leads, and succeeded in finding what Hartoras had asked for. She always succeeded.

(Or so she liked to think.)

"There should be a city beyond here somewhere, if my sources are accurate," she told him quietly. "More of your brutes may reside within it. But for now, you have these two. So - what happens now? What will you do with them?"

She adjusted her footing to conceal herself further behind a tree, but in doing so, stepped on a branch. It cracked loudly, and the Siren gritted her teeth, scolding herself internally from her hiding place for being clumsy.

---

"No Mummy! No!" Ra'ein squeaked through laughter, turning this way and that to try and shake off his mother's merciless tickling fingers. Athena grinned, and switched her tactics, wrapping her arms around his waist, and pulling him close to her to blow a raspberry against his neck. The action brought on another bout of laughter from him, and Athena couldn't help but find it contagious.

Laughing with him, she planted kisses on his cheek. "No more berries until supper time, then. Deal?"

Crack!

Athena looked up suddenly, caught off guard by the loud sound, and listened over Ra'ein's fading laughing. The sound was probably nothing of consequence, she reasoned, but it was still always a good idea to be vigilant.

Too naive to notice the change, her son wriggled out of her arms, and returned to the berry bush, peering at it in search of more fruit.

"Stay close, Ra'ein..." she said, suddenly sounding a little far away and distracted.

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Xikhara
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 08:04 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

883 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

424 jaden

Hartoras held back a sigh as the branch snapped under Cordella's foot; he had hoped to observe mother and child for a while longer and get a better scope of their identities before he killed them. Now, however, the female looked as flighty as a doe, and he couldn't have her running away and slipping out of his grasp; he had paid far too much for that.

With hardly a glance at the siren beside him, the stag xeriin stepped forward into view of the mother and her half-monster, his spear held in a nonthreatening manner at his side; to one who did not know him, the man looked entirely innocent.

"Ah, I see you've found the berries too," he chuckled lightly. "I often come here for them; they're certainly the best around here."

The xeriin crouched down, his decorated antlers glittering in the dappled light as he drew level with the little boy. "Hello little one, what is your name? Quite a handsome young man you are; I'm sure you'd grow to be a strong one, to protect your mother here."

Hart spared the woman a smile, deceptively gentle. "You should be proud of him," the man complimented, stretching a berry-filled hand out toward the boy; he had snatched a handful as he had left his hiding place. "Quite an adorable little boy."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Feb 14 2017, 03:11 AM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

231 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

524 jaden

Cordella remained behind cover as he stepped out, showing himself. She listened as he presented himself non-threateningly, complimenting the boy and claiming to be there for the same berries they gathered. It was quite a difference to his true behaviour where Myth-kin were concerned, and rather convincing, the Siren had to admit.

No wonder he had such over-confidence in himself; apparently, it wasn't entirely unfounded.

---

Athena tensed up as a Xeriin appeared from behind a tree, suddenly very conscious of the fact that Ra'ein's fluffy tail was not tucked into his trousers, making his Myth-kin heritage very clear. However, the man seemed not to be phased by this, and instead offered kind words. Perhaps he was one of the residents of Tooth? She wasn't the only non-Myth in the city, it was true. Cautiously, she offered him a word of thanks.

"Yes...I- I am. Thank you, sir," she said, her quiet voice making her concern blatant.

Ra'ein, still too naive to think anything much of the potential danger of the situation, noticed him and stared up at his face with big, interested eyes. As he was offered the berries, he paused only momentarily to cast a wary glance back at his mother before taking them. Berries were berries, even if the offerer was a stranger. He didn't say his name, but he didn't have to.

"Ah, Ra'ein, sweetheart. We don't take things from strangers," Athena chided lightly, only realising she had dropped her son's name after she had said it. Upon being corrected, he turned to look at his mother again, a little confused about what exactly it was that he had done that he wasn't supposed to have done. Taking up her basket, Athena got to her feet, watching Hartoras again.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, sir. Thank you for your kind words, but we must go," she said, moving forward to take her son's hand.

Perhaps she was being a little paranoid in distrusting the man, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Xikhara
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 08:21 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

883 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

424 jaden

At the woman's words, Hartoras stood up, casually tossing a couple of his berries into his mouth before throwing the rest on the ground and dusting his hands.

"No problem, fair lady," he began, but seemed to hesitate with a hint of genuine concern on his face, as if he had misplaced something. After a brief moment, he spoke again, "Oh my, pardon me, I nearly forgot something very important."

The change in his expression was as stark as the difference between night and day; his eyes darkened, and lips twisted into a cruel smirk as suddenly he lunged forward in a deerlike bound, blocking the woman from her way out. "There is actually a problem."

His voice was hard, cold, unforgiving, and held a hint of amusement, as if this whole situation was funny-- as if it had been a setup all along.

"You see," the stag continued, almost nonchalantly, "It's a problem when normal people like us, like you or me, breed with beasts to create little monstrosities like that." Suddenly, the spear that had seemed so harmless, like a decorated stick, became a deadly weapon, pointed at Athena's slender neck.

"Scream," Hart added with a savage smile, "And little Ra'ein here will see your throat torn out. You wouldn't want that now, would you?"

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 01:23 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9312 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17024 jaden

Awards: 31

He had been on his way back from an audience with the Talons; the elite of the Silver Claw. Exciting news, new possibilities, brewed within his mind, and the dragon xeriin had quickly shifted and took off to find his pairbond and child. Tyrion swung through the air like a great black bird, wind flowing across his black scales and through dark feathers, joy in golden eyes and a smile on his face.

Never did the xeriin think that the first thing he would see, cresting a small rise where he knew Athena and Ra'ein would be collecting berries, would be a spear pointed at his lover's neck.

Joy turned to rage in half a split second.

A roar shook the ground as Tyrion shifted mid-flight in a flash of fire; he slammed his wings to his back and kicked out as he landed, catching Hartoras square in the face. Dropping to a crouch, he sprang up and slammed one arm into the spear, knocking it away, before taking a stance between the offending xeriin and his family.

In his true form, he was a tall humanoid with black hair, the small horns atop his head almost hidden within it; his eyes were golden and cat-slitted, and his hands were partially scaled, fingertips ending in sharp claws. Great magpie wings spread to either side, and a draconic, feather-fanned tail flicked behind him. He wore no armor, but a brown tunic and breeches, with calf-high boots and thin leather bracers.

"Don't you dare come near them again," he snarled, fire flickering around him, shaking with fury. He took a step forward and fire blossomed around his closed, upraised fists, curling up his arms. He didn't notice nor sense the siren; his focus was entirely on the deer xeriin before him. "How dare you threaten either of them - you should burn in hell!"

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 12:10 PM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

231 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

524 jaden

Athena gasped in surprise as her path was suddenly blocked. She backed off in slow paces, still holding Ra'ein's hand as Hartoras spoke, insinuating that her son was some kind of monster, spawned from an unclean relationship. He even seemed to liken her to a basic animal with his choice of words. 'Breed with a beast', indeed!

Her cheeks flushed indignantly. "How dare you! My son is not a-!"

Her reprimand was cut off and her basket was dropped as a spear was pointed at her throat, causing her to freeze. Suddenly very uncertain, Ra'ein dropped his mother's hand in favour of hiding behind her leg, grasping one of her long tail feathers for comfort.

"Mummy?" he whimpered quietly, looking to her for reassurance that did not come. Athena was too focused on the spear point against her throat.

"Don't hurt him!" she pleaded tensely. "Please, he is just a boy!" Even with her own life more immediately at risk, she did what any mother would, and begged for her child's instead.

The damsel in distress didn't need to wait long for a saviour, though.

With a roar that sent birds scattering from the trees and the critters of the ground bolting for safe burrows, Tyrion came down upon the hostile Xeriin, colliding with him. After a very brief scuffle, Athena found herself safely behind her pairbond as he openly showed his rage.

In the shock of the moment, Ra'ein stumbled backwards a few paces, letting go of his mother.

---

Well, that was unexpected.

Cordella watched as a new face joined the 'party'. How interesting. It was another Myth-kin. The father of the brat, perhaps? And he hadn't seemed to have noticed her. Leaning down slowly, she closed her hand around a rather large stone, and slyly crept around the trees, positioning herself behind the unaware trio to get a good shot.

If the other half of her pay were not in the balance, she might not have lifted a finger, but as it was, she felt more obliged to assist Hartoras. Tossing the make-do weapon into the air and catching it, she pitched it at the back of Tyrion's head, putting her weight into the throw.

Seeing the projectile fly, Ra'ein turned with a start, spotting Cordella. The Siren responded fast, seizing the boy around the waist and retreating backwards, separating child from mother. Letting out a yelp in protest, he struggled furiously, but Cordella only held him tighter. That is, until his mouth found her forearm, and he bit down very hard.

With an angry shout of disgust, she dropped him. A red bite mark stood out against her pale complexion, and Cordella curled her lip at the sight.

"You little wretch!" she spat at him.

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Xikhara
 Posted: Mar 24 2017, 11:04 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

883 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

424 jaden

Hartoras saw the draconic xeriin approach, but it was too late to prevent the foot that came flying at his face, and the stag stumbled backward with a grunt as the kick connected with his jaw. He managed to keep his balance, and as his spear flew away, Hart whipped out a dagger and faced the new threat with a smirk.

The dragon might have caught him off guard, but it wouldn't happen twice. "I should burn in hell?" the stag laughed harshly. "No, it is you, beast, that should do so; you and your horde of unnatural monsters."

Hart had dealt with fire before; singed fur would hardly be a deterrent if the reward was the carcasses of these creatures. Unfazed, he waited for the ideal moment to strike-- when he saw Cordella let loose the stone at Tyrion's head, the stag leapt into action, bounding suddenly forward with his dagger seeking to plunge into the flesh of the myth-kin xeriin's throat and spill the man's life-blood...

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 11:02 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9312 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17024 jaden

The lapse in attention, everything focused on Hartoras and wreathed in rage, was a mistake that could have cost him his life. As the stone connected, red and white flashed in his vision as he staggered, pain flaring through his skull. Instinct took over and he roared, dazed, and let himself fall into the shift as scales sprouted across skin and his body began to contort. He dropped forward and the knife struck feathers as he threw his wings out, growing and growing until he circled around his pairbond, fangs bared and dripping liquid fire.

Everything was spinning, and Tyrion couldn't focus; couldn't see anything but red, and blood dripped down his jaw from behind one of his horns. The pain was intense, a throbbing headache, but it steadied enough that he could see Ra'ein escape Cordella, and quickly flared both wings to shield the boy as well as the sky-Kin xeriin behind him.

Fire erupted around them - it sprang forth randomly in places dotted all around. One near his tail, another in the berry bush, a third next to the siren, and several other ones beside. "Burn!" he roared, and the fires began to eat away at the vegetation around them, quickly catching. He could protect his family from the fires; he could protect them from anything, or die in the attempt...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 09:25 AM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

231 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

524 jaden

Everything happened so fast, and yet Athena felt like she was moving so slowly, like she was trying to run through water that was quickly rising to asphyxiate her. First, a rock whizzed past her, hitting Tyrion. In shock, she called out his name, not thinking to turn around to see the attacker, only thinking of him - but he didn't seem to hear her. Consumed by fury, he was already transforming, and he narrowly missed the spear the other Xeriin had been thrusting in his direction as a result.

But then she heard a shout from behind her too, one that unmistakably belonged to her child. Whirling, she was just in time to see a strange woman seize him roughly, and back away, separating her from him.

"No, let him go-!" she cried, but her voice was drowned out by her pairbond's roars - not that the woman who had snatched him up would have cared to listen to her anyway; her cruel intent was clear. She didn't get far, though. In an act that made Athena both relieved and proud, Ra'ein bit his captor's arm with all he could muster, and rolled as he was dropped. Urgently crouching and holding out her arms to her son, she swept him up and held him close, remaining on her knees as Tyrion's body put a barrier between them and the threat.

Ra'ein buried his face into his mother's neck, and clutched her dress tightly, frightened, and willing it all to be over. Feeling the same way, but not wanting to show her fear to her son, Athena rubbed his back, and told him repeatedly that they would be alright.

---

The siren leaped back in surprise as Tyrion's magic set the surroundings alight. Of all things this stupid myth-kin could have been, he had to be a dragon, didn't he? He couldn't have been something smaller, and easier to deal with. She'd been picturing sitting back and letting Hartoras just do his thing and kill them. If she had known this would happen, she might have armed herself as well.

This wasn't worth it. Not even for gemstones. She valued her life much more than that.

What was stopping her from just slipping away? After all, the dragon was focused more upon Hartoras. Making her choice swiftly with barely a look back at the male she had travelled here with - he could tackle this alone for all she cared, it was his business to kill the myths, not hers - she took off through the trees.

A con artist always knew when to call it quits.

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Xikhara
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 11:33 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

883 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

424 jaden

Hartoras jumped back with a grunt to avoid the sudden explosion in size as the xeriin shifted, landing a few meters back; by chance he happened upon his spear, and he picked it up again, sheathing the dagger. The long-range weapon would serve him better in this fight anyway.

He took the moment that Tyrion was recovering from the rock to take numerous quick jabs at the dragon's wings and head, seeking to maim--but was just as quickly forced back by the sudden barrage of fire that appeared around them.

He wasn't quite quick enough to avoid the entirety of the flames; suddenly his right side was too hot; and he found he was trailing smoke as the singed leg of his pants smoldered.

There was little question; the stag was no match for the dragon.

But pride would not allow the xeriin to back down, and so he rapidly slapped the cloth to smother the flames, and then lunged forward again, seeking to drive the point into the Tyrion's skull. In the corner of his vision, the stag saw the siren turn tail and flee, but there was no turning back now...

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 05:34 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9312 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17024 jaden

The spear glanced off of one of the dragon's horns and sliced across the side of his neck, through the thin scales found there; he snarled in pain and snapped at the stick, but missed, teeth finding nothing but air. He didn't know how bad the wound was, and didn't care. Instead, he reared his head back and took a deep breath, fire glowing deep in his throat...

|Keep your heads down,| he Sent to his family, blood dripping from the wound on his neck. He wasn't entirely able to keep the pain out of his mental voice. | One ran away already. I'll drive the other off... and we'll be safe.|

Fire erupted from between his teeth a moment later, in a fireball burning hot and fierce...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 06:07 AM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

231 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

524 jaden

The Sky-kin Xeriin didn't need telling twice. She remained frozen in place, hunched protectively over her son, though she felt her heart wrench unpleasantly when she picked up on the pain in her pairbond's voice. He was hurt, and though one of the attackers had run, she still feared for him. She did not know which one had left, or how injured he was, but she dared not look up to find out. Furthermore, her little boy still clung to her, crying traumatised tears as the shock fully set in, and so she continued to offer reassurance in the form of back rubbing, comforting whispers, and began to rock gently back and forward.

Her purse had slipped from her shoulder amidst everything, and sat open on the ground. Within it sat a gift from Tyrion that she always carried; it was a crystallised Phoenix tear, and one of a pair. He kept the other. The magical qualities of the tears meant that they would glow when the other was in danger, or wounded. It was glowing now, and the sight only made Athena's heart wrench again. She squeezed her eyes tightly shut, and pressed her lips to the top of Ra'ein's head, not wanting to look at it.

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

web
statistics