<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Ca'irandros

» Two Sides Of The Same Coin, Divine Love/Hate
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 06:01 PM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #255

‣ Male

1083 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Online

28817 jaden

Awards: 6

PLAYERS INVOLVED: Darkeh, Fyfergrund

SETTING: High above Ca'irandros, beyond the sight of mortal eyes.

WEATHER: Clear, but cool.

TIME: Current

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Seiten (Dark), Albion (Fyfer)
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 06:18 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1083 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Online

28817 jaden

The people of Noctis were at peace, uneasy though it may be. They had been for several centuries now, small-scale disagreements notwithstanding. They went about their lives, content to keep to themselves as they quietly gave thanks to Seiten that the Age of Strife had ended, and Albion had been subdued, unaware that, high above them, hidden away from mortal eyes, the chaotic god was secreted away within a structure that defied all normal laws.

He called it his palace. But, in truth, it was whatever he wanted it to be, changing according to his whims. Long, looping halls turned back on themselves, Doorways led between rooms on opposite sides of the structure, gravity was a suggestion, and 'up' and 'down' had no meaning. There were no right angles to be found, and nothing was truly as it seemed, not even the myriad materials the palace appeared to be made of.

At the center of all of this was Albion himself, far from subdued, reclining in midair, an odd-shaped, rippling, transparent orb filled with a swirling ribbon of energy balanced on his claw as he gazed into it. He tilted his forepaw, and let the orb run partway down before tilting his paw back and sending the orb rolling the other way. Back and forth, back and forth, then back and forth and paw to paw.

After a time, his ears twitched as he sensed someone approaching. The only one on Albion who could reach, let along find her way through, his palace. One of his eyes seemed to gleam with something akin to mild happiness, while half of his vicious maw curled into a silent snarl. "Hello, dear Seiten. Do you now what this is?" he inquired, without looking away from the orb that seemingly danced across his claws, back and forth between his paws.
^
darkeh
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 10:59 AM
Group Icon

member #23

‣ Female

907 posts

darkeh

Council
snowbound igloo queen

☆ Offline

1178 jaden

Awards: 18

Seiten rolled onto her back and arched her neck, looking curiously at the ball as it moved hypnotically from one dark paw to the other. She, too, floated in the air, negating any need for orientation as to what constituted up and down in this strange place; but next to the contemplative god, she was a riot of movement. Her lengthy Eastern body coiled and uncoiled, twisting itself into knots only to slide smoothly out of them, and disconnected in an unsettling way from the purpose on her snub-nosed face, as if she was unaware of the motion. She reached out a paw and batted playfully at the sphere. It evaded her, of course, but she suspected that had more to due with Albion than any internal quality of the ball itself.

"Are you plotting again?" she asked, flicking her gaze up from the troublesome toy to Albion's brooding features. Righting herself - her tail continued to weave like a charmed snake - she assumed a regal position. "You know I'll mend it. The Age of Strife was a pretty puzzle, but I figured it out all the same. Is this ball another riddle to solve?"

But for all the attempted discipline in the goddess' words, she was already faltering, gliding around Albion so that her furred throat tickled his shoulder. Her gaze was back on the ball, brimming with interest. She reached out to try and touch it again. "Or you could just tell me."

--------------------
user posted image
-blazeh was here and did stuff- ;D
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 02:02 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1083 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Online

28817 jaden

Keeping the colorful orb out of Seiten's reach was a simple matter. A simple twitch of his paw, and the orb danced beyond her batting paw. He briefly balanced the orb atop a single claw, momentarily gazing into its depths as Seiten spoke, smirking slightly as he recalled the thousands of years of chaos he'd caused for Noctis.

Then, just as quickly as the smirk had appeared, it vanished, and he set the orb to dancing across his paws again, this time splitting it into two as he bared his teeth in a silent snarl. "Existence without the unpredictable is hardly worth enduring. But I shall leave Noctis to your tender, loving care, for the time being," he assured her, a tad disdainfully, letting the orbs flow together once more.

As she reached out for it again, he held it out towards her before snatching it away just as her outstretched claw was about to touch its surface. His free paw lashed out as he made to seize the end of her snout, but for all the apparent hostility in the motion, both of them would know full well that any threat apparent in the motion was totally empty.

"As tempting as it would be to let you touch it, I'd prefer to save it for later," he scolded lightly, eyes narrowing. Then he drew back, setting the orb to dancing again, eyeing the gleaming goddess in silent speculation before offering her an amused grin. "This is a magestorm, from Evylon. It took me quite a while to capture one so fully as this, so I can't have you touching it, and possibly setting it loose."

Opposites that they were, her touch might very well undo his casting. Amusing as it might've been to see her reaction to having a magestorm erupt in her face, he much preferred to save it for other uses. For now, at least. "Now that you know what I've been up to, it's time for you to tell me what you've been doing."
^
darkeh
 Posted: Oct 17 2017, 09:41 AM
Group Icon

member #23

‣ Female

907 posts

darkeh

Council
snowbound igloo queen

☆ Offline

1178 jaden

Admiration sparkled in Seiten's eyes as she folded one paw demurely over the other. A magestorm, stolen from Evylon, was no mean feat, but she supposed she would expect nothing less from a lesser god of Chaos itself. A tiny flame of pride flickered in her heart.

It was quickly extinguished.

"Well, about that..." The goddess rubbed her nose against one paw, conveniently looking away from her kith-kin. "I've been playing with Aspects, you know, and of course there all sorts of rules regarding how we go among the mortals... You may not be fond of them, but I do recommend it occasionally, you can find the most wonderful of Wards that way.

"But, well, more to the point. I've been curious about that sect of avians that left some time ago. They went to another Realm, of course. Time's Felnova. And you see, I, ahm, I've perfect a sort of... disguise... and was... Oh, hell." What did gods use for curses? Seiten stopped scratching her cheek and looked at Albion directly. "I wanted to go find out why. As a mortal. Of course, that would mean leaving Noctis for a while, but Jurai and the guardians have it all very well in hand, and it would only be for a short time, anyway..." She trailed off, scrutinizing his face for any sign of the dark thunder she was expecting. "You, er, wouldn't bother them while I was gone, would you?"

She was certain Albion would not be expecting this. And in all honesty, it did go against the grain of her normal day; stealing into another god's lands, and under the pretense of a lie, no less, was not particularly characteristic of a loving and orderly goddess. But Seiten had been unable to shake the curiosity that plagued her since the avians had left and she was - dare she say it - bored with all the peace. Noctis was flourishing, even if the meddlesome Faction spilled into it here and there; the distinct lack of dragonkind in her domain meant that it was an uncomfortable if amicable interaction. No doubt Albion had plans of his own to break apart the tranquility. She had a feeling he might resent her for withdrawing before the next round was properly played out.

Then it hit her like a star flickering to life. "You could come with me, you know. Time has his hands full with the mess Felnova has become. Perhaps you might get ideas." The goddess' tail curled around the tip of his, like a woman taking a man's hand persuasively in her own. "Just for a while. The avians are our people, after all."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Yesterday at 08:07 pm
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1083 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Online

28817 jaden

Mild irritation flashed in Albion's eyes, and the surrounding structure reflected his mercurial mood as it shifted, still at odds with reality, but growing more overtly threatening in appearance, darkening, and presenting more sharp angles than before. He had little use for Aspects, himself, preferring to speak to mortals in their dreams, where they could more readily handle his chaotic manifestations. He gazed into the trapped magestorm, growing disinterested.

Until she revealed why she was so interested in Aspects, and what she planned to do. He twisted and writhed around himself as if coiling to lash out, lips peeling back to reveal his fangs in a vicious snarl as he gazed at her in sudden fury and suspicion. He held the magestorm tightly in one paw, and a layer of reiatsu surrounded it. What trickery was this? For all that she was devoted to peace, and order, Seiten was still a cunning creature.

After the Age of Strife had lasted so long, she had won Noctis a respite from his direct interference for a time, but this...this wasn't a part of their game. She meant to leave Noctis, and expected him to sit and do nothing? He drew back slightly as a sudden gleam filled her eyes, but when she spoke again, curling the tip of her tail around his, he eyed her with wary calculation, then grinned. A soft chuckle escaped him, then grew in volume until his laughter, genuinely amused and lacking all mockery or derision, echoed within his 'palace'.

"Hearing this coming from you...if I didn't know it was impossible, I would almost believe you'd fallen under my influence." Without breaking contact with her, he twisted around until he was nose to nose with her, almost touching. "If you truly intend to walk the Realms as a mortal, you'll be at risk. If I agree to this madness, this exhilaratingly tempting suggestion, I could agree to appearing as a mortal, but I won't exist as one."

He drifted back, but tightened the grip his tail tip had on hers in an almost possessive gesture. As much as he often despised what she represented, and how she constantly opposed him, a Noctis without her would seem so empty. The game would be no fun without her as an opponent. He scowled at her briefly. "Do the fates of some long-dead avians, and the whereabouts of their descendants mean so much to you, that you would live as a mortal?" he demanded, before a slight smirk crossed his face as he leaned a bit closer, gazing into her eyes as he added softly, "Or is there some other reason for this venture?"
^
darkeh
 Posted: Today at 03:04 pm
Group Icon

member #23

‣ Female

907 posts

darkeh

Council
snowbound igloo queen

☆ Offline

1178 jaden

Seiten held Albion's gaze for several moments, clearly wondering how much she ought to share. Slowly, reluctantly, the goddess pulled herself back. "Perhaps," she said lowly, "I have wondered what it would be like, to see the world as a mortal does."

Quick as a flash, Seiten ducked under Albion, her long body uncoiling as she corkscrewed in wide, lazy loops. "Can you not imagine it?" she asked, her eyes shining. The hint of solemnity that had pervaded her voice was gone, drowned by her excitement. "To feel the rain as they do, to be wary of the fire? To walk among them, unseen, unknown. They would not know our names, Albion." She pulled up in front of the dark god. "There would be no pleas, no prayers, no cries for us.

"Of course, I would never ask you to seal away your power. But I am going to this other world, my dear. I will walk among the avians as one of them. I wonder if they will recognize me?" She laughed. The sound was pure and sweet, like water and crystals chiming merrily together. When it died away, she raised a paw as if to touch his nose, her expression suddenly growing tender. "It would not be just to hide among them with all my power, nor to lurk in Time's realm as a thinly veiled Aspect of myself. I will seal my strength. No doubt if I should face some terrible harm, I will return to Noctis, and this little game will be over. Now," she said, drawing herself up authoritatively, "will you come?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

web
statistics