by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

[OPEN] Canons List/Plot Positions, gods, Ethers, kings, oh my!
Name:: Sulteida

Position Applied For: Vystrian Council - General

Character Applied For/With: Riatis Talavir

Character/Position Details: Riatis is a very shrewd man, cunning in the ways of war and the minds of men. He'd be organized in his planning, and as well with his skill at illusions and psionic abilities, a successful interrogator and strategist. He's very driven and motivated against the Faction of Hope, and as he would be quite content with his position of power he'd not tolerate a threat to it, which could include failed missions and/or rivals, and would strive to win if not every then the vast majority of battles.

Plots/Plans With Position: Working with the other members of the council/interacting with them, as well as possibly spark some 'skirmish' threads with permission to highlight the conflicts between the Vystrian Council and the Faction of Hope, among others.

Other: N/A

--------------------
^
POSITIONS AWARDED!
Positions have been awarded and the list updated!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Name:: Agent

Position Applied For: Death Clan Leader

Character Applied For/With: Merikh

Character/Position Details: Honestly, Merikh's too selfish to really care about anyone other than himself, so I can't see him becoming the best leader, but it's a role that I think he'd grow into over time. He already likes being in charge of people; he's also intelligent and able adapt to most situations, so it wouldn't be difficult for him to adjust to Kurai's ever-changing political climate, what with the fragile relationships between its kingdoms.

In addition to all that, I could use the position to really develop Merikh's character. This is one of the few times I'm not recycling a concept or re-making an already existing character; Merikh is completely new to me, and he's about to realize that he can't keep living in denial of what he is (an incubus—he hates how his mother took advantage of his father, so in his mind, incubi and succubi = absolute worst of the worst). It'd be fun to have him work through all these issues while he's trying to be a decent leader.

Plots/Plans With Position: Merikh would be want to use the position to take advantage of the clan's resources, first and foremost. When his father died in the Second Demon War, he performed a ritual to take his soul and turn it into a soulgem that he then gave to his mother as a keepsake; ever since then, he's been interested in souls, and as clan leader he'd probably devote most if not all of his time to research. There'd be no real point to it, at first, since he'd be driven by a need to sate his curiosity. A bit later down the line, though, he might start trying to develop especially strong weapons and spells for Death's military that draw power from the energy of one's soul. Another idea that I've been toying with is him trying to discover a way to separate a soul from its host—not sure what the ultimate goal of that would be, though.

All in all, Merikh would do what he could to help strengthen the military, but there's plenty more plot potential in the decay of the balance between Kurai and Felnova. I mostly just want to play around with him and see where things go.

...alright fine, I'll admit that Undertale gave me a lot of inspiration for the soul stuff, but I didn't notice the blatant parallels until after I'd come up with it.

Other: n/a

This post has been edited by Agent: Yesterday at 11:47 am
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll