member #372

‣ Female

6 posts

Scar

lurker

☆ Offline

180 jaden

Awards: None

Hello and good day~ ^.^ Scar is my name and I'm so honored to be here. I consider myself a decent roleplayer, I enjoy writing whether it be to Rp posts or stories, though drawing/art is my primary creative place. I've roleplayed for about 9 years, and have developed and grown at my own slow pace; learning can be kind of hard and slow for me but at least it is something I enjoy learning. I love mystery and plot twists when it comes to roleplays, I like getting excited and sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation of what will happen next. c: But I also enjoy the simple, meaningful moments and character development/bonding. ^v^

I can be very excitable, I'm flexible and always open to ideas, though a forewarning, I do suffer from depression on occasion, however, it is usually fixed easiest when I talk to others about random stuff. I rarely get mad or upset, and generally are an easy-going gal. c:

Little random facts about myself; I love video games, music, Japanese culture, astronomy, dogs, and coffee-- coffee is my life blood. xD I love to draw. Traditional is my most learned area but I'm trying to get better at digital, I also enjoy painting and photography.
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 05:23 AM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9038 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

19619 jaden

Awards: 17

Welcome to BTACD, Scar!! Glad to have you on board :D I'm Blazeh/Verridith, the derpmin of the site. I how you enjoy our little family <3

So your next step is to choose a mentor! :D there's a list of all of our mentors here:
http://btacdragons.com/mentorproject.php

And each mentor has a little red gem beside their name in active reading lists and the online list.

Let me know if you have any questions <3

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 06:00 AM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

903 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

21113 jaden

Awards: 5

Heyo Scar, and welcome to BTACD! I'm Fyfergrund, co-admin, and I'm sure you'll fit right in.^^

I would recommend you get yourself a Discord account, as that is usually the fastest way to plot here, and keep in touch with folks.

I look forward to RPing with you.^^
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 06:41 AM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

197 posts

Nechesa

Council
knight

☆ Offline

354 jaden

Hey-ho Scar! Welcome to BTACD! We're always glad to have new people, and I hope you have an amazing time here! Feel free to ask any questions, like Blazeh says, and I can't wait to see what you come up with character-wise!

Also ayyyy fellow traditional artist! What sort of thing do you like to draw usually, and what sort of paint do you use? (I can't paint for toffee.) Photography's super cool too, do you photograph whatever takes your fancy or specific things? And what music/games do you enjoy?

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

Athena | Cordella | Dorah | Ingrid | Isadora | Nechesa | Ra'ein | Rose
| Sirisial | Tolmiros | Valstrath

Thanks to SpiritSai for her beautiful art!
^
`Scar
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 09:45 AM

member #372

‣ Female

6 posts

Scar

lurker

☆ Offline

180 jaden

Choose a mentor, got it. ovo When I decide on one, do I just message them or is there a system on how to go about this? Just want to be sure I do everything right. ^ ^'

I actually made a Discord account yesterday so I can easily chat with y'all~ ^v^ As of thus far, aside from the one above, I haven't had any questions pop up yet but I'll be sure to ask when they do.

Making characters is pretty much one of my favorite parts of roleplaying. xD Get to experiment and stuff~
It honestly varies on my mood and or creative muse but I normally draw canines and equines when I have no set idea of what I want to draw. When I do, I tend to draw my characters or even my friends' characters just for the fun of it, plus I'm always willing to practice drawing humans. And then I like to experiment and create creatures as well as I doodle a lot of random stuff. xD But yeah, I'm generally better with traditional as I've always enjoyed drawing with pencils since kindergarten, though I really won't mind getting good at digital either; I have a tablet thank goodness, but I guess the muscle memory in my hands aren't quite used to the stylus as they are with pencil when it comes to drawing. I'll often sketch out my characters on paper first, use my camera to take a decent picture of it and then line it out digitally on my computer. Extra steps, yes, but I get the results I want when I do that. ^ ^
I'm most familiar with acrylic, but I want to eventually get into watercolors and yeah, I pretty much take pictures of whatever strikes my fancy but I do find that I seem to be drawn to birds when it comes to taking pictures. But I also love birds so that is probably why, plus we have such a huge variety of birds where I live.
I like adventure games, like Okami and Legend of Zelda(been addicted to BotW as of late) but I also enjoy RPGs like Etrian Odyssey and then just games that strike my fancy via the artwork, story, and characters. And music, if a video game has good music, it is usually a win for me. xD
Hmm, honestly, I have a really broad taste in music except I'm not a big fan of rap/screamo, it's also rare that I love certain bands or artists because normally I'd only like maybe one or two songs by them so I don't consider them favorites. It honestly depends on how the song goes, I have to like the rhyme, the singer's voice and lyrics, and I can be very picky. I do have favorite bands though, which are Les Friction and The Spiritual Machines; both are kind of like epic/orchestral rock and just, grrr, they both really get my muses going so they are my go-to when drawing or writing.
Oh, and I love instrumental/OSTs music. Love them. I could especially live off 8-bit and music box music, like, I love them so much.

I am so sorry, that is really long but when I get talking, it is hard for me to shut up sometimes. x'D
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 11:53 AM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

903 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

21113 jaden

Once you decide on a mentor, just send them a PM. Or you could send them a notice in the cbox if they happen to be lurking around in there. There really isn't a wrong way to choose a mentor. XD

Care to share your Discord ID? ^^

Also, it seems we have a similar sense of taste in music. I go by how much I like a particular song over who sings it or what genre it is. XD
^
`Scar
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 01:37 PM

member #372

‣ Female

6 posts

Scar

lurker

☆ Offline

180 jaden

Oh, awesome~ Thank you. ^ ^ Just wanted to be sure~

Oh, sorry, yeah I'll go grab it. x'D It's Scar#0197.

Genre doesn't play a big roll with me, but I do find I steer towards Rock and other subgenres related to it more than others. But I like a lot of songs, more than I wish to list. xD
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 03:20 PM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

197 posts

Nechesa

Council
knight

☆ Offline

354 jaden

Making characters is the best. Never too many. (Just look at how many characters @Verridith has for proof of that. ;D)

Ooh that's cool - I can't really draw horses but I'll draw cartoony canines and felines usually, though people are my main thing. I'd like to use a tablet too but my goodness it's a steep learning curve and it frustrates me, lol.

Acrylics are bold, brighter colours, aren't they? Nice - you'll have to show me some of your art sometime if you're up for it. Watercolours are super pretty too though, man I wouldn't even know where to start with them.

Adventure games are cool! I really need to play something Zelda, never have. People stare at me like I have two heads when I tell them that. xD I love story games, select team shooties, fantasy...anything that makes me feel super attached to the characters...a casual MMORPG fan too.

Same here with not being hugely picky with music. Uggggh though listening to OST's for inspirationnnn. <3 And music box/8-bit covers are so much fun!

ALSO for your Discord ID a name comes before the number! Like, mine's Nechesa#1083!

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

Athena | Cordella | Dorah | Ingrid | Isadora | Nechesa | Ra'ein | Rose
| Sirisial | Tolmiros | Valstrath

Thanks to SpiritSai for her beautiful art!
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

web
statistics