<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

» life for love, Blazeh, Necha
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 02:39 PM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9398 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17370 jaden

Awards: 31

Even though this is an LB I'm gonna use the PB form~

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@Nechesa (Necha)

SETTING: Falen, Xaeri

WEATHER: Sunny but cold.

TIME: Two years before current time.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Tyrion (Blazeh), Athena (Necha)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 06:08 PM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

236 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

454 jaden

Awards: 5

Tap. Tap tap.

Athena awoke from a light slumber as she heard the familiar sound of a bird at her window, tapping on the glass with its beak to herald its arrival with a message. Such was a regular occurrence for the Xeriin, being Falen’s aviary mistress and message keeper as she was. She enjoyed her job greatly, having a natural affinity with all manner of birds, but the job was becoming tougher and tougher of late.

The reason for this was simple: Athena was heavily pregnant. As such, mobility had become a slight issue; her unborn child was quite a weight, and she often found that her ankles ached, (among other problems) so she had to take life a little slower than she ordinarily would have done.

Even getting out of bed was more of a task. Pushing herself into a sitting position, Athena swung her legs around and out of bed. Looking out of the window, she noted the position of the sun – it was still fairly early – and the bird perched on the window pane.

She sighed wistfully as she realised it the bird was a magpie. It wasn’t that she did not care for this particular bird. In fact, it was quite the opposite; this bird meant a great deal to her. It was the very bird that her dear pairbond, Tyrion, always used to send her messages with. The wistfulness came only from the fact that she had not heard from her love in a long time, and though she always still quietly hoped at the bottom of her heart that one day the magpie would bring back a message from Tyrion, she had shelved that hope a long time ago to avoid disappointment.

It was all she could do to try and not worry about him and his whereabouts, but that, like her issues with working, had gotten harder and harder to avoid. She knew that she would likely give birth to her child soon, and she worried on several things – would Tyrion be there to meet them when the time came? Would he ever meet them? What if the child was Myth-Kin? Would the townspeople of Falen aim to take the child from her, and harm them?

The worries she had been going over and over brought with them a familiar, clammy feeling, and a sense of dread. In an attempt to dissuade the unpleasant side effects of her concerns, she set a supportive hand on her stomach, and stood with a grunt of effort, before shuffling towards the aviary room to let the magpie in. A few roosting birds stirred as she entered, ruffling feathers and peeking from under wings, one of which was a small, albino owl with round, pink eyes – Athena’s particular messenger.

Opening a little door in the wall for the bird, she held out a hand for it. Well trained, it landed, and watched her with a tilted head and clever, beady eyes before flying up to a free roost after she had untied the miniature scroll tied to its leg.

Unrolling the slip of parchment, Athena scanned it. It said only two words.

COME OUTSIDE.

Though unsure why, Athena felt herself grow unpleasantly cold again. The message was abrupt, and unusual...frankly, it scared her a little. Seeming to sense her worry, her little owl hooted, and fluttered to sit on her shoulder. With a head scratch by way of thanks, Athena approached her front door. Suddenly conscious that she was only in her nightdress and barefoot, she opened her door slowly, and peered around it.

“Hello?”

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

Athena | Cordella | Dorah | Ingrid | Isadora | Lyfe | Nechesa | Ra'ein | Rose |
Runa | Sirisial | Tolmiros | Valstrath

Thanks to SpiritSai for her beautiful art!
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 4 2016, 12:11 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9398 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17370 jaden

Dawn had not yet let the sun breach the distant horizon; though its light bathed the morning sky in pale purples and pinks, golds lingering along where the sun would eventually crest. The doorway stood open, its fabric pulled back, opening out into a small courtyard that was empty save for a solitary figure.

The one who stood there had his back turned towards the door, silhouetted against the soon-to-rise sun. Dawnlight glinted in black hair, outlined muscular shoulders and arms laid bare by a sleeveless tunic. Large wings were folded to his back, black and white, reminiscent of a magpie's glossy feathers. There was no sign of the long, draconic tail hidden away, though the two small horns could just barely be seen, as no mask circled the watchful orange eyes, eyes that lay locked on the bright, birthing dawn.

At her voice, he turned, and it was in that moment that the sun broke over the horizon, and bathed the mountainside in light. He uncrossed his arms and a smile broke the dark expression he'd worn, joy and relief chasing the shadows from his eyes.

"Athena," he whispered. "I came back. I promised that I'd come back..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Nov 5 2016, 05:14 PM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

236 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

454 jaden

For a moment, Athena didn't move.

Her ever-sleepy eyes were wide, and her lips were slightly parted. She looked as though she would burst into bitter, spontaneous tears, but not a single one fell. Instead, the door was slowly pushed out of the way, and she stepped around it. There was another pause, then a couple of hesitant steps forward.

As the dawn broke over the horizon, it created an aura of light around Tyrion, and Athena released the breath she didn't realise she was holding.

"Tyrion?" She spoke his name in a whisper, and her voice broke with emotion. Tears finally fell from her eyes, and she seemed to suddenly snap out of her stunned state. With a burst of speed - as much as she could manage, anyway; it was more of an awkward limp than anything else - she closed the gap between them, and reached up to grab his tunic, pulling him down to kiss him.

It was a hard kiss at first, one that spoke volumes about just how much she had missed him. But as it went on, it softened into something more tender, and sweet. When she broke away gently, she lingered for a moment, enjoying the closeness, before releasing him.

Only then did Athena remember that Tyrion hadn't seen her pregnant. As far as she knew, he didn't know about it. Setting a hand on her stomach again, she came out with a hurried, slightly clumsy explanation.

"I-it's yours." She cringed at how guilty that had sounded. "The baby, I mean. Before you left, when we...it was quite a surprise, but I didn't want to risk contacting you after you escaped."

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 12:11 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9398 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17370 jaden

The feeling of her in his arms again was all he ever wanted; all he had wanted for so long, longer than he could have thought possible. After she broke from the kiss, and drew a little away, he smiled at her and pulled her close again, closing his eyes and wrapping his wings around them. "I know," he whispered, voice shaking. "I-I know. I-It was... too dangerous. I wanted so badly to come back, but for s-so long, a-and..."

He hugged her tighter, shoulders hunched, as shame swept through him. "I got so caught up with the Claw that... a-and then when Naerex told me, I..." Finally, he took a deep, shuddering breath and drew a little away. "None of that matters now. I'm okay, and I'm back... this time, for good." He let go and reached up to take her face in his hands, gently, staring into her eyes with a gentle look, filled with such overwhelming love he felt as though the feeling would break him. "I will never leave you again," he whispered. "I swear to the gods above. I'll always be here, forever. I promise..."

Then he kissed her, gently, letting his eyes flutter closed again. Drawing her back into another hug, he gave a small sigh and shifted to rest his chin on her head, as the sunlight played across his feathers. "We have to leave this place," he whispered. "We have to go somewhere it'll be safe..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Nov 11 2016, 11:11 AM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

236 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

454 jaden

As Tyrion's arms and wings enveloped her, Athena felt something she hadn't in a long time: safety, and assurance. She rested her head and palms against his chest and closed her eyes. (The owl that had previously been on her shoulder had hooted in protest, and retreated to a nearby tree, from which it watched them with a tilted head.)

Athena's eyebrows furrowed in sympathy as Tyrion's voice shook, but she let him speak without interruption, only looking up with puzzled eyes when he mentioned Naerex. They softened immediately as he took her face in his hands, and she leaned into his touch, gladly receiving his kiss as it came before returning her head to his chest.

"Yes, we must go. I don't know how much longer it will be until our child is born. But..." Athena tailed off, and looked up at Tyrion again. "Naerex, you said she told you- I don't understand. She told you I was pregnant?"

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 03:31 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9398 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17370 jaden

Well, that was a problem. How could he tell Athena that he had almost died...? The goddess hadn't left the scars, but...

He sighed. "I... was hurt pretty badly," he admitted with a pang. He hugged her again, then drew away. "I won't lie. I... very nearly lost my life. I was taking two other myth-Kin - my kind - away to a different place. We were about to be discovered, and then I was ambushed by a damned tyrant saurian." He shrugged his wings, then folded them tightly to his back. He felt terrible telling her this. But she needed to know what happened. "I flew anyways. To another Haven. But, by that time, it... I don't really remember."

Tyrion sighed. "Salvation, that little gryphon child, ran. He thought I'd die. But Naerex, the goddess herself, chose that moment to speak to him - and... through him, to me. She healed me, Athena. I was healed by a goddess!" He smiled, and took her hands in his. "She told me of Ereinlen, a country of myth-people like me. An entire continent, safe and free. And of you, and that I needed to come back here with all haste, so... here I am."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Dec 14 2016, 06:18 AM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

236 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

454 jaden

A look of horror came over Athena's face as he detailed his near scrape with death, and her hands went to either side of his face, cupping it protectively as she looked him over for wounds and scars that were not there, suddenly a little frantic in her actions. She couldn't imagine living without him, much less living on in hope that he would return, but never knowing that he had passed away.

She had dreaded such a thing every day he had been apart from her, of course, but had always been able to stay disconnected from it, and perceive it as merely a worried fantasy. In light of what Tyrion had just told her, though, it hit her with force just how real that fantasy might have been. How would she have known if her beloved had died while he was out travelling?

Dragging in a breath to compensate for the oxygen that the shock had stolen from her, she exhaled slowly. The breath wavered as she did, and she realised that she had begun to lightly shake.

As Tyrion told more of his story, she watched his face with emotional golden eyes that quickly pooled with more tears. The tail end of his account lightened her heavy heart considerably, and as he took her shaking hands in his and told her of what Naerex had told him and done for him, she broke into another bout of relieved sobbing.

Squeezing his hands tightly in her own, she raised them to her lips and kissed them, repeatedly and feverishly, as though frightened she would never get another opportunity to show him how much she loved him. One by one, her tears rolled down her cheeks, and dropped silently onto Tyrion's skin.

Her silence remained for only a while longer, before she took another shuddering breath and spoke in a murmur, lips still brushing the backs of his hands. "I thank Naerex for her benevolence in bringing you back to me..."

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Verridith
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 08:13 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9398 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17370 jaden

He had shared much of the same fears, fears he told no-one; of dying and never being able to see his beloved again, of becoming some phantom unable to be seen or heard. He wrapped his wings gently around her, and nuzzled her head, eyes on the sunrise that painted the city gold. "I would have come back no matter what," he whispered. "No matter what happened to me. I would argue with her if Naerex sent me away without being able to see you again... I couldn't bear the thought of watching you from the White Forest."

He smiled, then, and looked down at her. "But I'm here, and I'm alive, and that's what matters. You're safe - that's everything I could have asked for. But 'Thena... we have to go to Ereinlen."

He grew serious, and slowly loosened his wings, before taking her hands in his own. "Falen is no longer safe," he murmured. "Not for you or I. Not for our child. We have to go, and quickly, to the Land of the Myths. I fear if we don't- there..." He hesitated, wondering how to explain it to her. "Thinking of staying here when the baby's born, it - it fills me with a fear I cannot explain. I think it's a warning from Naerex that it's unsafe. And I would do anything, fight anything, go to war with anyone to protect you. But I can't fight an entire city, a nation, on my own. Do you understand?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Jan 10 2017, 05:01 AM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

236 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

454 jaden

Hiccuping, Athena nodded her understanding.

"Yes, we must leave. But..." she looked over her shoulder, in the direction of the aviary. "I must make some preparations...I will leave a note for my apprentice to tell them that the aviary is now theirs...a-and I need to pack some basic supplies-" She paused, and looked back at Tyrion, teary eyes questioning.

"However will we travel? I cannot fly." She was never a strong flyer in the first place, and now, with the extra weight - to say nothing of the risk that flying while expecting presented - it was even harder.

Keen not to be forgotten, Athena's little owl fluttered back down from its perch on the tree, and lit upon Tyrion's head with a quiet hoot. The sight brought a brief, faint smile to Athena's face despite the current hurricane of emotions she was feeling. She raised a hand, and the bird hopped onto it, leaving a downy feather in her pairbond's hair.

"Yes, I cannot leave you behind..." she said quietly to it, before retaking one of Tyrion's hands and leading him towards the aviary. "Come. No one has awoken yet. We will be safe for a while. I just need a little time."

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 09:36 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9398 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17370 jaden

Tyrion smiled, picking the feather from his hair as he followed her inside. It was something he found absolutely adorable about his pairbond - she was like a little fluttering bird, always busy. But he was there now, and could help her, and he squeezed her hand as they walked, folding his wings close to miss the doorframe.

"Don't forget," he murmured. "I can shift into a dragon..." He smiled, an expression he had nearly forgotten how to use, amusement dancing in his eyes. "I can carry you, and anything you need, for as long and far as we need to go." His eyes flicked to the owl, however, and his expression softened. "Even our little birds. I made a special harness some time ago; cages would be easy to affix to it, and let them travel without having to fly."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Mar 6 2017, 06:43 AM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

236 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

454 jaden

Athena paused, staring into space for just a second as she processed what he had just said, before shaking her head at herself with a weary smile. In the moment, she had forgotten her pairbond could turn into a dragon.

"Yes, of course. Of course you can..." she said, huffing in quiet amusement as she sent her owl to its perch and went to retrieve some parchment. "That makes everything so much simpler."

Setting the parchment down on her writing desk aside a pot of ink and a quill, she wiped the tear trails from her cheeks and began to scribble a note, still involuntarily sniffling from her earlier tears.

My dear apprentice, it said, I am sorry to leave you with such a responsibility so suddenly, but I had to depart. I will not be returning, but please, do not be concerned for me. Both my child and I are very safe. I want you to know that I shall miss you dearly, and that you have made me very proud as you have learned my craft. I know you will make me prouder still as you run this aviary. Yours, Athena.

Skimming quickly over her note before nodding her satisfaction, she left it on her desk to be found, and returned the quill to its place before turning and surveying the room with a thoughtful expression.

"Clothing...bird cages..." she murmured to herself, clearly making a mental list. "Blanket- oh! Tyrion, look!"

Disappearing into her small bedroom for a moment, she quickly returned with a woollen blanket, hand knitted and decorated with the likenesses of birds.

"I made this for our baby," she said, stroking the soft wool with a sleepy sort of smile before presenting it to Tyrion, and setting a hand unconsciously upon her stomach. She would start to pack after this, but she had been wanting to show him the blanket for some time.

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 11:02 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9398 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17370 jaden

The dragon xeriin had a flicker of surprise cross his face; then, his expression faded into a warm, soft smile. "It's beautiful," he whispered, closing the distance again between them to lay a gentle hand upon the soft cloth. He was careful he didn't catch his claws in it, and briefly wondered if their baby would sport similar talons-

But then, his thoughts shifted away, and he flicked his wings before folding them again. They had spent some time here already... and some fear lingered inside that he might be discovered here. "Let's pack that, quickly," he murmured. "Tell me what you need me to do. I'll do it, but the city will start to waken soon. I don't want us to be caught..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Nechesa
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 12:34 PM
Group Icon

member #267

‣ Female

236 posts

Nechesa

Council
dragonrider

☆ Offline

454 jaden

Responding only with a nod, Athena instructed Tyrion on what to pack, and where things were kept, until all the necessary supplies were gathered. Changing quickly out of her nightgown, Athena took the last items needed - two bird cages - and called down her owl, and Tyrion's magpie. Shutting them in safely, she looked to Tyrion.

"I think we are ready now, love. Let's go."

Taking the birds outside, she cast a worried, backwards glance at the town, as if someone would come over the rise of the hill to attack them at any moment. No one came, though, and so she focused her attention back upon her pairbond.

"Whenever you are ready, I shall attach the cages, and we can leave."

--------------------
---
WHO DO I PLAY?

^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 05:31 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9398 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17370 jaden

The xeriin nodded, and his eyes flicked towards the door. "Outside," he murmured. "I can't shift in here. Quick; we'll be out of here soon."

Once outside, he shifted forms quickly. Hard scale and fur, black marked in white, replaced pale skin and clothing. Wide wings became wider, spread to reveal the white magpie markings, claws glinting in the dawning sun. He raised his draconic head and smiled, then reached around to pull on the leather harness that he'd laid on the ground a little ways away.

"There's places to hook the cages and anything else we need," Tyrion rumbled quietly. "We'll fly out as soon as they're attached." He closed his eyes, and the air around him began to warm; a bubble of warmth to keep them from the cold no matter how high they flew.

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (3) 1 2 3 

web
statistics