<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Shi'vrann'aeli

Pages: (16) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

» seeking GOLD, Blazeh, Hara
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 02:27 PM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

Awards: 18

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@Xikhara (Hara)

SETTING: On the Isle of Kerberos.

WEATHER: Clear, but cold. Deathly still.

TIME: Current! Midnight.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Caele, Talos (Blazeh), Iriiliae, Alaekeira (Hara)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 3 2016, 11:17 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

It was... beautiful here. It really was.

The stars shimmered and twinkled in an endless blanket of darkness, shining like gems embedded in the deep velvet of the night. Framed in the shadowy leaves of a few overhanging branches from old, gnarled trees, their light was only challenged by brief flickers of fire that spat here and there amid plants that didn't seem to burn. Fire glimmered, smoldering and burning, in small patches that only danced with life for a few moments, before dying away.

A shape stood amid the leaves, perched up in a long, broad tree with thick enough boughs that a dragon could easily land upon them. With one hand resting on the rough bark, he looked out over the land and watched the heavens turn, firelight glinting off of raven-black hair and glinting silver eyes. It caught off of a small pendant in the shape of a leaf he fingered with the other hand, twirling it through his fingers, as if battling some unnamed nervousness that refused to leave him be.

The dark elf sighed, and let the pendant drop. For days now, he had little sleep - for as safe as this island was, safe enough he felt secure wearing no armor and setting no watch, he couldn't help but stay up worrying. Ever since Red went on his way, and Alaekeira and he began looking for Talos in truth, he couldn't help but shake the feeling that whatever they were going to find, it wouldn't be good.

It was cold, and he pulled his cloak tighter around him, lamenting silently the fact that he had only brought a few long-sleeved tunics and a single travel cloak with him. Few of the fires here were warm - many were heatless, and some had strange effects. Once, years ago, he might have liked to sit down and study them. But now... he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Talos was stil out there. He was lost and alone... their bond had been broken. But somehow, he could feel some strange trepidation, a nameless fear, one he couldn't grasp. Was the dragon in trouble? Hurt? Dying? Dead? He didn't know, and it killed him inside to ponder what may be.

Or what might be.

Silently as he could, Caele climbed down and went to sit down against the trees base, eyes drawn away from the sky and to the ground. Silence pervaded everything, and his breathing steadied and slowed. His eyes fluttered closed and he drifted, the world flitting away into a land of dreams...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 3 2016, 11:52 PM

member #310

‣ Female

795 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

14984 jaden

Awards: 7

Alae opened her eyes, blinking rapidly as her eyes adjusted to the sunlight filtering through the trees. It was early, but not early enough; she had meant to rise with the sun and pack camp to continue the search for the Golden dragon that had once been bonded to the drow, but she had overslept, and it seemed Caele had well, even more so than she. Willing to allow the elf to sleep for a little longer, Alae quietly rose and shifted into her humanoid form, packing with as little noise as possible.

Red had left a while ago, and since then the doe and drow had searched for the latter's missing dragon, to no avail. They had combed through much of Noctis, but to little success; no hint of the dragon had seemed to be anywhere, not in the earth nor the plants that they passed, not even to Alae's sensitivity to the flora and fauna around her.

Not until a few days ago, at least, when the doe had sensed a sort of disturbance in the breeze. It had been from far away, and the location was vague at best, but it was more than the duo had come across in months, and they'd no choice but to follow it-- if it proved fruitless as well, then it was perhaps time for the drow to search elsewhere.

When all but a few morsels of breakfast for the elf had been stowed away, the doe padded over to the sleeping man, placing a hand gently upon his shoulder. "Caele, rise. It is time to move on," she murmured. And it was, for precious light must be used to comb the expanse of the area where the disturbance in the air and plants was coming from; though they were nearly upon the radius, it was large and would take time to cover.

Hopefully, the two could get lucky and find the Gold before it was too late.

--------------------
My name is pronounced zik-HAR-ah, but feel free to call me Hara.
My characters and threads can be found in my tracker.
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 6 2016, 09:15 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

Caele woke slowly, trying to wake up though his body wanted to stay asleep. Groggily, the drow pushed himself up and groaned, rubbing one of his eyes. "Sorry," he murmured, looking guiltily at the sky - he hadn't meant to sleep in, and rose quickly, somewhat unsteady on his feet. "I didn't... I was... I didn't mean to sleep so long."

He shook his head of the lingering headache, and went to grab his cloak. "Did anything wake you?" he asked, refusing to meet her eyes for shame. Talos could be hurt, or needing him... and yet here he was, oversleeping. "Or just..." He stopped then, abruptly, vision unfocusing as some unnamed, alien feeling washed over him. Suddenly, he felt cold. Undecipherable cold. Fear suddenly tore through him and he gasped, stumbling a step back.

"Talos," he rasped, coming back to himself as if thrown back to reality by some great, divine hand. His silver eyes suddenly focused and he gave her a sharp look, terror in his eyes. "Something... I-I felt... I-I don't know, what happened? I..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 12:33 PM

member #310

‣ Female

795 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

14984 jaden

"Nothing but the sunlight woke me," Alae responded cheerily. "And you needed the rest; don't worry about it too much."

Bending down, the shifted skydeer hoisted most of their supplies onto her back, wobbling slightly under the weight. However, the next second she was in her cervine form and carrying the weight easily.

"Let's--" the doe abruptly cut off as Caele seemed to freeze, an unmistakable terror spreading across his face. Immediately Alaekeira was on guard, all her muscles tensed to bolt and her ears flicking in every direction, trying to pinpoint the source of the danger.

Alae flinched at her companion's ragged gasp, but held her ground as he spoke of the dragon they had been searching for for the better part of a year. "You--I don't know what happened," the doe admitted, fear spreading though her mind. "You seemed to lose focus for a moment... and said Talos's name."

"I thought you'd lost your connection to him," Alae murmured, looking at Caele with concern. "What did you see? Was it him?" She flicked her tail and turned her head to gaze around the clearing, as if the Gold might pop out of the bushes at any time.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 03:31 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

Caele was shaking, even as he tried to decipher what the brief feeling might have been. "I-I don't know," he hissed, pain in his eyes. He felt such fear, such terror, at something he couldn't explain... it might have been comical, at some other time. "I just felt... I-I felt... cold. And fear... n-not my fear. I think h-he's hurt, and afraid, or..."

Or I just felt him die.

He couldn't let himself think that. No. Talos couldn't be dead. He couldn't... it was impossible.

"We need to find him," he whispered, already picking things up and tossing them in his travel bag. "Now. I-I don't know h-how, but... We have to! He must be close. I-If we don't find him now, then..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 16 2016, 10:14 PM

member #310

‣ Female

795 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

14984 jaden

Alae felt a chill run down her spine, helped along by the fear and urgency in Caele's voice, and she felt her fur rise slightly in response to the shiver. "You haven't felt him before; it must mean we're very close," she murmured, trying to keep a positive note in her voice. She knew what the elf had left unsaid, but the dragon could not have just died, not after so long of searching.

With a shake that rattled the things perched on her back, the skydeer looked at Caele, trying not to let the apprehension show in her eyes. "We'll find him," she said, trying to convince the distraught drow as well as herself.

As Caele hurriedly packed what was left, Alae strode to the edge of camp, lowering her head toward the plants that lined the edge. She blew warm air on them, and in return they seemed to grow toward her, curling up toward her muzzle and brushing against her dark nose.

After a moment, the doe looked up and back at Caele, far more sure than she had been a minute ago. "He's nearby, and alive I think," she stated, though her voice seemed to suddenly mirror the drow's urgency. "But I can't tell much more than that; the plants tell me little. They normally can tell me the movement of the insects if I'm paying close enough attention, but if they cannot pick up on something as large as a dragon..." She trailed off for a moment. "We have to move fast."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 04:22 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

The drow was ready, backpack loaded and everything put away; he had been watching Alae apprehensively, and nodded as soon as she said it. "Is he here, on the Isle?" he asked. "Or on another one? Should we open a portal, or do I need to shift?" So many questions - his mind was overflowing with them. Is he okay? He's really alive? Where is he? Where, where, where?!

"Just tell me what to do," he murmured, trying to keep the pleading note out of his voice. "I'll do anything to save him. I have to..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 04:59 PM

member #310

‣ Female

795 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

14984 jaden

"He's here," Alae responded, not bothering to hide the urgency in her tone. "The plants tell me of a sort of disturbance to the south, and hints of magic and strangeness travel on the wind. That will likely be the best place to head."

She took a deep breath, closing her eyes and calming herself for a moment. "It'll be... it'll be better if you shift." At her own words, a deep-seated apprehension began to gnaw at her stomach; no matter how comfortable she was with the drow, she would never be truly at ease around his secondary form; it was a predator, and she was a prey, after all. Alae just had to make sure she did not disappear and leave no trace, like she had last time Caele had shifted.

"In your other form, you'll be able to move faster; I'll lead from the air, and look for anything strange. When we're getting close, I'll let you know--you'll be better searching for a scent trail than I will." She swallowed hard, forcing herself to stop trembling; whether it was from the urgency of the matter or the thought of seeing a veldryn she did not know, but she pushed it to the back of her mind. "South is that way-- let's go."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 07:39 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

Though the fear for his dragon override almost everything, Caele still had a moment of hesitation when she mentioned that he should shift. He had only done so once before; and after seeing the horror that swept through the deer, he hadn't done so again out of respect.

"Okay," he said, nodding. He set the pack down and took a step back, then turned around - the shift wouldn't be quite so terrifying to her if she didn't see the fangs a grimace might show, though it came much faster and easier than most shifts before had come. A veldryn stood where the dark elf had moments before, and he quickly wriggled into the pack, slung over his back and chest.

"Tell me if you see anything," he said. His vocal chords had remained the same, and he never shifted them after learning the trick to only part shift. "I'll try to move as fast as you fly."

Then, looking at her for a moment to be sure she was okay, the veldryn took off after tasting the air, hunting for any sign of his lost dragon...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 08:26 AM

member #310

‣ Female

795 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

14984 jaden

Alae nodded, swallowing the fear that rose at the sight of the dark predator in place of the gentle elf. This was not about her, and she could not allow her instincts to get in the way of finding Talos, especially when the Gold seemed to be in such danger.

As Caele began to move, Alae kicked off into the air, soaring up until she was skimming just above the treetops, where the shifted elf would be able to keep sight of her.Her large eyes scanned the surrounding forest, and her ears flicked in all directions as she flew, searching for a hint of the magic that the winds promised, or a glint of gold... or something.

It didn't take long to find.

A small section of forest seemed to glow in power, wreathed in swirling aura. From her distance, and with the trees in the way, the skydeer couldn't tell exactly what it was, but she was certain this was the disturbance the signs around her had told, and it was their best chance at finding the lost dragon.

Her fear forgotten, Alae swppoed back down so that she was just above the veldryn. "I see something up ahead; someone's using an enormous amount of reiatsu, purple and blue. It's probably our best chance, but be prepared for anything. I can't tell if it's friendly or not."

She hesitated for a moment, then swung back to her original height, moving directly toward the patch of colorful aura. "It's not far!" she called down to Caele after a few moments, her pace slowing as they approached.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 01:34 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

That was not Talos' aura color.

Fear overtook everything, and the veldryn pushed himself to run as fast as his shifted form was able. He flew through the trees, tearing the ground with his claws, laboring to get there as fast as he could - when he saw the swirling colors, he redoubled his efforts, and could have slammed into the dragon had he not been as used to his form as he was. Shifting as he skidded to a halt, the drow dropped the pack and drew his sword all in one, fluid movement, terror giving way to horror-induced rage as his gaze settled on one who knelt beside the dying drake.

And Talos was, indeed, dying. Horror coiled inside as he saw the dusty, emaciated dragon struggling for life; barely breathing, eyes only partly open, glazed over and unseeing, maw open as if unable to close it. His ribcage, hips, the bones of his spine and neck were so visible the scales that covered them had begun to crack and flake, their once-rich color diluted to an ugly tan, and a dirty white. There were tears in the dry webbing of his limp wings, and an infected wound oozed from the middle of his tail. Caele might have retched so bad was his shock, but all of his focus moved to the one who covered the dragon in this purple and blue aura, masking his dull scales in fire, the one who seemed to suck what little life was left in the Gold away...

Rage eclipsed everything. Fear, horror, despair, all fell to anger, a savage vengeance that made him raise his sword to strike, tears burning at his silver eyes. "Get away from him!" he roared, starting towards the woman who knelt beside his dragon, hands hovering over him. "Leave him ALONE!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 02:42 PM

member #310

‣ Female

795 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

14984 jaden

The reiatsu swirling over the broken dragon ceased to be, and the woman turned her head to look at the newcomer. Markings, colored to match the reiatsu, faded from her skin, and eyes that swirled with those same colors lingered on his advancing form.

After a moment, the woman raised her hands and opened her mouth, as if to speak; however, before a sound escaped her lips, her eyes rolled back and she slumped to the side, her skin shimmering strangely.

"WAIT!"

The sound came from Alae, who had angled into a dive, and landed protectively in front of the collapsed form of the stranger. "Wait, Caele, please. This is an elemental--I can sense her like I can sense the other elements, and she wasn't harming your dragon." The skydeer glanced fearfully at the elf's drawn sword, but held her ground. "Look at the way she's shimmering-- she's almost out of energy. I know what it looked like, but if she was draining Talos, she'd be much, much stronger."

"Let her wake up, and give her a chance to explain," the doe murmured. "I'll watch her, go help your dragon."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 28 2016, 10:34 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9112 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

18009 jaden

It's Alae. Stop!

The flicker of thought, the fact he could hurt the deer instead - that was the only thing that stopped Caele mid-swing. Gasping for breath, he stared at her for a moment, shaking uncontrollably, then dropped the sword and darted to Talos' head, half-falling to the dirt beside him. He gently pulled the dragon's head into his lap, and felt, with fear, how cold the scales beneath his hands were.

"T-Talos, no, please no, no, no no," he whispered, as the Gold shuddered, draconic eyes slipping shut. He brushed the long, creamy mane from his tapered face and traced the protruding cheekbones and their broken scales, then along the eyeridges, with gentle fingers. "Talos, please..." He couldn't feel the dragon's mind; all he felt was emptiness. Talos wasn't even trying to reconnect... maybe he couldn't. Did he even know Caele was there? "Talos, a-answer me, please..."

He had to be able to feed the Gold energy. But to do that, he needed to re-Bond; restore the mental connection, the joining of lives, the precious golden thread that was once so important. His eyes slipped shut and he withdrew into himself, seeking the severed bond. A network of shimmering threads lay before him, some long, some short; others thick, some thin. The largest had been cut, and lay shriveled and broken, floating in the ethers of the space of his mind.

The drow willed life into the thread - pulled it up, and tight. Pulled it out, as he reached for the flickering bit of light he knew was Talos. He reached the smoldering embers, seeking an answer, a bit of recognition, anything...

...and finally, he got it.

In the physical world, Talos' claws clenched and unclenched, as the breeze tickled Caele's still face, tugging at his black hair. For one who may be able to see and sense aura, a brief flash might have been seen between them, gone in the next moment. The dark elf grew still, very still, and the Gold began to relax.

There was nothing here. Nothing but blackness; a blank, obsidian plane, lightless and terrifying. Caele called out in the darkness, seeking anything that would mark life. Anything that would tell him the Bond had been remade. For long moments - an eternity, it felt, to him - he felt nothing. Silence. But then, there was golden flame, a bright flare that coalesced into a burning ball in the black, fragile as a shimmering bubble in the midday sun.

It was a dragon. His dragon. Fragile and flickering, like the flame of a dying candle, its form only half-made, half-thought, a remnant of what once was and what used to be. Reaching up, grief mixed with relief flooding every sense, he let his fingers brush the golden dragon's nose...

Caele's eyes flew open and he cried out in pain. Suddenly, so suddenly it felt as though he had been set aflame and then frozen through, every muscle and bone ached and burned. The Bond had, in truth, been reconnected, and every bit of Talos' agony was now his to share. Gritting his teeth, he forced himself to focus, forgetting everything around them - nothing mattered but Talos. He could feel how weak the drake's body was, how close the Gold was to death. How close he had actually come, and what had happened. Talos died, barely, and that's what he felt... this elemental had saved him. Gave him enough that his body came back before the soul could flee. Gave him a little while longer, and yet if nothing was done for the starving dragon, he would pass anyways, no matter what.

Shuddering, Caele struggled to work through the pain, sweat dripping down his face. He honed his focus and closed his eyes, still holding Talos' head between his hands. Through the channel, he pushed his energy to the forefront, forcing it through the bond and to his weakened partner.

"Take e-everything," he whispered, head bowed and shoulders hunched. At first, there was nothing; but then, Talos finally began to drink the energy offered, whispering through his hands in silvery light that turned gold when it touched the broken scales. His face was hidden behind a curtain of hair, and he was beginning to tremble more as the drain began to take hold. "Just s-survive..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 28 2016, 11:08 PM

member #310

‣ Female

795 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Online

14984 jaden

Alae had darted after Caele after giving the elemental a boost of her own energy, just enough so that the woman could wake up again--or so the doe hoped. It was the dragon that needed the true attention, so close to death he had been, and for a moment, the doe froze, her mind spinning in two many directions at once.

When the drow yelled, it caused two things to happen: the skydeer startled and disappeared for a heartbeat, and the elemental regained consciousness, her form solidifying into the woman once more.

She sat up, looking dazed and taking in the scene before her with some confusion. It was only after a few moments that the puzzled look in her eyes was replaced with understanding, and the woman rose from her position to walk slightly deeper into the forest, away from the group.

There she crouched, and placed her hands upon the ground, and suddenly a circle of death began to spread around the elemental, slowly increasing in diameter. She grimaced as she felt the life-giving energy of the creatures around her, both plant and animal, get sucked away into her core, but gritted her teeth and continued, until she was surrounded by a ring of death twenty feet in diameter.

The necessary energy absorbed, the elemental seemed to glow with power, and she turned and glided back to where the dragon and elf were, kneeling beside the drow to join her power with his. Reiatsu, purple and blue in color, spread over the Gold's body, intermingling with silver and gold to fuel the dying beast.

As the two worked, Alaekeira reappeared in her humanoid form as well, an enormous bundle of herbs and plants gathered in a bowl in her arms. These she began to mix, tearing up the leaves and crushing them with a rock, allowing their juices and sap to mingle--plants for warming, for healing, and for energy all mixed, producing a potent mixture that would help kickstart the dragon--should she be able to get him to drink it.

With the bowl, the shifted doe moved to the dragon's maw, eyeing the jaws with some trepidation. She swallowed and inched closer, placing the mixture by his face.

The smell of the plants themselves would help, but it would not be enough for Talos, not in his state. "Talos," she whispered, placing a trembling hand on the dragon's muzzle. "You have to drink this."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (16) 1 2 3 ... Last »

web
statistics