<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Khankirae

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

» Deep Strike, Raven Knights On The Move
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 07:45 PM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #255

‣ Male

1034 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

28673 jaden

Awards: 6

PLAYERS INVOLVED: Fyfergrund, Xikhara

SETTING: Mordue

WEATHER: Cold winds, overcast.

TIME: Eight days after Current; late at night.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Vis, Vaehlos (Hara) Gila (Fyfer)
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 08:12 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1034 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

28673 jaden

The Faction and their new snakekind allies had a strong hold on Mordue. Their guards were vigilant, and any signs of a battle having taken place were long gone. The locals lived under strict rules, and any assault upon the walls would require a substantially powerful army.

But for all their vigilance and preparations, their guards and walls had failed to keep intruders out.

Gila carefully peeked around the corner of a building, hidden within an alleyway, and held his mouth shut to stifle a snicker. A small patrol, six humanoids in formation, marched down the street, completely unaware of his presence. As soon as they had gone some distance away, and marched around a corner and out of sight, the tiny dragon retreated back into the alley, and opened a gleaming white portal.

"Come on, it's all clear," he called softly to the other Raven Knights waiting on the other side. Different as it was to typical portals, his impromptu doorway wouldn't trigger any magical alarms or anything of that nature. He flitted to the top of a building, and peeked out over the city, keeping low. Abruptly, he blinked out of the waking world, and reappeared some distance away, atop another building, hidden within a small alcove.

|They have no idea we're here,| he sent to Vaehlos, amusement evident even in his mental speech, almost as if he were enjoying a festival instead of infiltrating an enemy-occupied city.
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 11:18 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Awards: 16

The two dragons stepped through the portal at the cue, stormy grey and iridescent blue. Their forms were hidden by the darkness, amplified by a cloud that conveniently rolled across the moon-- at its appearance, the Blue grinned and flicked his tail, though he refrained from speaking yet.

The Grey was a bit more serious; his fiery eyes shifted from street to shadow and back, though he showed no sign of unease-- rather, he seemed entirely comfortable, especially for a dragon in the midst of those that despised his kind.

With hardly a sound, both dragons spread their wings and lifted gracefully into the air, as if propelled by something other than their own bodies, and glided to separate rooftops, where they would have a view of much of the city.

As soon as the dragons were satisfactorily hidden, the moonlight returned-- however weak it was, for there were still more clouds to cover the silver rays- the dragons had chosen the perfect night to infiltrate the city.

|Good,| the Grey replied to Gila, smug satisfaction carrying across his mind-speech. |It will be their demise.|

The Blue, Vis --who looked more purple in the absence of light-- piped in with a laugh. |They'll deserve it, after all they've done. Idiots, the lot of em. Tell us when, Vhaelos, and we'll light em up.|

--------------------
My name is pronounced zik-HAR-ah, but feel free to call me Hara.
My characters and threads can be found in my tracker.
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 07:54 AM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1034 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

28673 jaden

As another patrol passed beneath his perch, the air around Gila seemed to ripple as he abruptly faded from sight and swooped silently down from his perch and circled above the oblivious guards. An unseen smirk crossed his face, baring his teeth as he considered how best to proceed. Then he abruptly vanished entirely, disappearing from the material world, only to reappear a mere second later, a large scorpion dangling from his claws.

He carefully flitted up behind the last guard in the patrol, and gently tugged the back of his tunic so he could slip the disgruntled scorpion down the guard's back, then disappeared once more. He reappeared atop a nearby building, still hidden from sight, as the guard suddenly dropped his spear and began frantically shouting and contorting, slapping and grasping at his back.

Gila snorted in amusement, holding his mouth closed with his forepaws, then faded out of reality to reappear elsewhere. Then, as he took stock of his surroundings, his eyes widened and an expression of shock crossed his face as he spotted a few snakekind, zelne types, curled up fast asleep. Then, slowly, his teeth bared in a cruel grin. Slowly, carefully, taking great pains not to wake them, one by one he took them into his mind, then dropped them off in Kurai. "Have fun", he whispered before reappearing on Felnova, where he abruptly perched atop Vaehlos's head.

"We've got snakes around. I don't know what's going on, but they seemed to be as comfortable here as the Faction is. Just thought you should know," he stated before abruptly diving off of the draconic knight and once more poofing out of existence to reappear in the city below.
^
Xikhara
 Posted: May 3 2017, 02:53 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

The alert was something that did not necessarily come as a surprise, but it was disappointing nonetheless. Depending on how many snakes there were, they would make the dragons' attempt to retake the city much more difficult; top many would overwhelm their little force, and that could not be allowed to happen.

It was good, then, that all three were very good at concealing themselves.

As Gila disappeared from his head, Vhaelos immaterialized into a cloud of mist and drifted upward in a swirling mass to disappear amongst the low-hanging clouds, likely to grab a vantage point and inspect the scene.

His, left on his own on the roof, glared after the other two. Showoffs, He sent, then raised his wings and kicked off of the building and rose up to join Vhaelos amidst the clouds; from here the dragon could see the goings on of most of the city, and saw the sparse patrols scattered throughout the city.

Quiet today, the dragon commented to the other two. We should change that.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: May 13 2017, 04:47 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1034 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

28673 jaden

From his hidden vantage point, Gila saw another Faction patrol marching along, looking a bit worn out. He flitted from perch to perch, watching them curiously, still hidden from sight. After a moment, they were approached by a more alert-looking patrol, and he was close enough to hear an officer tell the tired-looking ones they were being relieved.

A sly grin crossed Gila's face, and he followed the relieved patrol through the city, and to a sizable building that was apparently doing service as an impromptu barracks. As the tired guards trooped inside, the tiny dragon slipped in after them and perched in the rafters as the guards set aside their weapons, armor, and boots, then bedded down, joining the rest of the guards already sleeping in the large room.

He waited for a couple of minutes until he was certain they were asleep, then silently drifted to the floor. Then, carefully, he collected their weapons and armor into his mind, leaving behind their hated tunics. Then, with that done, he carefully locked the door from the inside, carefully turning the key in the lock, then abruptly vanishing with it.

He reappeared mere moments later, and gently shoved a limp of putty into the keyhole, and left it to dry while he poofed out of existence and reappeared elsewhere.

|Hey boss, you want some excitement? Some panic and confusion might just be what we need,| he suggested mentally to Vhaelos.
^
Xikhara
 Posted: May 14 2017, 08:39 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Despite himself, Vhaelos allowed himself a small smile. Gila might occasionally be annoying, but the little dragon had his ways, and he was certainly a useful asset to a party such as this one, where stealth was key.

But now, time for stealth was over, and the third member of their group was rather good at creating chaos when he wanted to.

|Vis?|

|My pleasure,| was the immediate response, and then a bolt of white lightning arced down from the cloud they were hidden in to land directly in front of the building Gila had just locked. It was followed in quick succession by three more, and the scorch marks began to smolder.

A roll of thunder accompanied the flames that began to lick at the building, but no rain fell; instead, sudden hail dropped atop the buildings in a good portion of the city for a few seconds, disappearing as quickly as it had come.

Startled shouts rang throughout, and Vis grinned, satisfied with his handiwork.

|That good, or you want more?|

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: May 29 2017, 04:07 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1034 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

28673 jaden

Gila jumped a bit when a bolt of lightning struck the city, then grinned as he realized where it had come from, watching in delight as more bolts fell, followed by hailstones. As a roll of thunder shattered the silence, he saw a few flickers of flames begin to rise. eyeing the fallen hailstones, the little dragon grinned widely, and rubbed his forepaws together in excitement.

This should cause some mayhem, he thought to himself as he conjured a powerful whirlwind, scooping up a sizable number of hailstones and taking off from his hidden perch, remaining invisible while around him swirled hard chunks of ice. He soared down a street, and didn't slow as he raced right above a troop of Faction soldiers, smirking as chunks of ice, driven by high winds, smacked into armor and flesh, leaving a few knocked out cold and the rest confused and disoriented.

|Hey, Vis! Got a bunch of Faction guys right down here!| he sent, soaring skyward and forming the borrowed hailstones into an arrow pointing straight at the confused soldiers below. Once he was sure Vis knew where the hapless troop was, he disappeared from view and reappeared elsewhere, eyes narrowing as he caught sight of a small crowd of snakekind slithering out from a cellar.

He disappeared from existence for a moment, entering his own mind to conjure up a surprise for the nasty things. Between his forepaws, a nasty-looking steel-colored hornet half as long as he was appeared. In the blink of an eye, an entire swarm of the things surrounded him, and he reappeared in the city, watching in satisfaction as his creations viciously assaulted the snakes, pumping the hapless beasts full of venom, their steel-like carapaces proving too resilient for snakekind teeth and claws to pierce.

The swarm headed off after a bit, leaving the snakes feebly twitching as they succumbed to the venom pumped into their bodies, hunting for more of the creatures they were filled with nothing but blind, unrelenting hatred for, ignoring any humanoids they passed.
^
Xikhara
 Posted: May 31 2017, 10:16 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

The storm-aligned dragon wasted no time in focusing on the group that Gila had pointed out; disoriented as they were, the Faction soldiers had little time to regroup before suddenly being swept up in a funnel of icy wind and sleet, created from the combined efforts of Vis and Vhaelos.

Despite the half-elemental's original misgivings at working with the other two, he had to crack a smile; they certainly had their ways.

By now, however, the ruckus was waking more soldiers, and they stumbled out into the streets, confused and disoriented. Without a visible attacker, they could do nothing but mill about confusedly as the weather shifted and raged ilke the maddened goddess had created not too long ago.

Shouts rang out, and spells were fired toward the clouds; without a target, however, and under the cover of darkness, the magic was easily dodged by both the dragons hiding within the depths.

|Gila,| Vhaelos sent, a hint of amusement in his mental voice, |Have any ways to take out the spellcasters?|

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 08:38 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1034 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

28673 jaden

|Those chowder-heads? Sure thing, boss!| Gila responded as he popped out and back into existence, circling unseen just above the city. As another burst of magic raced towards the sky, the tiny dragon grinned and homed in on its source. Sure enough, a sizable number of soldiers had gathered in the streets, and a mage decked out in robes was staring at the sky, looking for targets.

Gila rose into the air right above the mage, and once more popped out of existence. When he reappeared, he was abruptly hauled towards the ground by the large rock in his tenuous grip. |Whoa! Heavy! he remarked as he released his grip and swooped away. The rock continued on its downwards trajectory, and landed with a dull thud atop the mages head.

An impish grin crossed his face, and he had to grab his snout to keep from bursting out laughing. A muffled snort escaped him nonetheless, unheard among the commotion, and he spotted another mage, this one standing in a balcony and gazing skyward. Gila popped out of existence, and reappeared behind him, balancing a large rocket. He leaned the rocket against the wall and deftly attached a sturdy hook, tied to a stout rope that was in turn tied firmly to the rocket, to the mage's belt.

"Bye bye!" he chirped as he ignited the rocket, watching the screaming mage race skyward, and out of sight. Shortly after, the rocket exploded, sending a myriad of colorful sparks raining down. Then, once again, he popped out of existence.
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 08:54 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Vis nearly burst out laughing; the terrified mage had flew right past the weather-inclined dragon, and the man's face had been priceless-- the dragon sent the image to the other two, and even Vhaelos grinned at the sight.

The sparkling colors were joined by three more strikes of lightning, and then rain began to fall, thick and fast, as fog clouded the streets. Thanks to the overcast weather, starting the storm was little drain on either of the dragons; the clouds only needed a little push to dispel the liquid already held inside their fluffy depths.

|Ay boss, mind if I join Gila? They can't see me, and I can't let the little guy have all the fun.|

Vhaelos sighed. Of course Vis would want to get in the thick of it all. |Very well,| the half-elemental sent, and Vis swooped downward with a whoop, unseen and unheard in the chaos.

|Hey Gila, who d'you think would be the most fun to get first?|

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 11:50 AM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1034 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

28673 jaden

Gila popped back into existence atop Vis's head, gripping tightly to his precarious perch with a wide grin plastered across his face, eyes gleaming with exhilaration as the wind sought unsuccessfully to dislodge him.

"There's a whole bunch of 'em gathering over that way!" he revealed, leaning forward far enough so Vis could see his pointing claw. "They're making it almost too easy. Almost," he smirked, falling silent for a moment as his conjured swarm of steel hornets flew past, seeking out more snakekind to vent their fury upon.

He rolled off of Vis's head and promptly vanished again. |Hey! We should see who can take out more mages and commanders! Starting now, he sent. He popped into existence, cloaked in invisibility, and circled above the city square where a good many Faction soldiers were gathering amidst shouted orders, and the clatter of weapons and armor. Gila smirked, seeing them gazing mainly skyward, and took a perch at ground level.

|Got any more ice I can borrow?|
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 11:13 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Vis had to stifle a laugh. | Always. |

Almost immediately, the sky thundered and lightning flashed; on his own, Vis might not have been able to create such a large effect; however, with Vhaelos's help, the two dragons had hail falling onto the confused soldiers' heads, hard enough to dent helms and break bones, to the unfortunate few that were not wearing steel plates.

|That enough?| Vis sent, grinning widely; he had soared toward the group Gila had indicated at, and landed only a few meters away. A single snake had spotted him, but before the beast could do anything the hornets had disposed of it, and Vis was left alone and unseen, able to watch the spectacle without interference.

Vhaelos, however, disapproved of the carelessness. |The longer it takes them to find us, the better,[i]| the half-elemental chided, still up in his entirely elemental form in the clouds. |[i]Take care you remain unseen as long as possible, both of you.|

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 08:47 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1034 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

28673 jaden

Gila's eyes widened in wonder, and he grinned as he saw the enormous rain of hailstones. |Perfect, he replied, but his eagerness was abruptly dampened a bit when Vaehlos cut in, admonishing their carelessness. He might be a wet blanket sometimes, but he did have a point.

|Oh, right. Oops. He abruptly popped out of existence again, then reappeared atop Vis' head with a glimmering blue ribbon in his forepaws. He shook his head a bit, clearing it of a momentary dizzy feeling, then tied the ribbon around one of the larger dragon's horns. |There, that'll keep you invisible for a while. They'll have a hard time finding either of us now, he stated for both Vaehlos and Vis to hear.

Then, he dropped off, and conjured a strong wind, borrowing some of what Vaehlos had summoned, and lifted a bunch of the ice skyward before once more promptly vanishing. Within the safety of his mind, he molded the ice into a makeshift bomb; an icy sphere with long spikes sticking out of it, ready to be dropped upon the Faction.

He reappeared, clutching the sphere, right in front of Vis and just barely managed to shove it into the larger dragon's forepaws. |Whoa! Heavy!| he grunted, before settling atop Vis' head again. |Okay, let'em have it!|
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 04:34 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Vis grunted as he received the weight, then reared up and spread his wings, conjuring a gust of wind along with some fog to allow him to rise above the ranks. |I think this group wants it the most,| the dragon commented cheerfully to Gila, a moment before letting the icy sphere loose upon the unsuspecting heads of six or seven mages.

Screams of pain soon followed, and the dragon took a gleeful victory lap in the clouds. |Nice one, Gila!|

Vaehlos seemed pleased, and the elder dragon followed with a storm of spiked ice, which cut the screams off rather quickly. To the half-elemental's satisfaction, the Faction city was becoming quickly lacking in magical defense, and soon it would be easy to overrun, regardless of whether they were seen or not.

|How fast can you kill the snakes, Gila? They are more of a threat than the humanoids, and once they are all dead, you can do as you please without too much concern of being seen.|

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

web
statistics