<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Vystriana

Pages: (9) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

» remember the skill., Blazeh, Hara
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 11:05 AM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Awards: 31

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@Xikhara (Hara)

SETTING: In the Demon's Valley.

WEATHER: Raining.

TIME: Current! Evening.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Anna (Blazeh), Vrakh (Hara)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 2 2016, 04:45 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Awards: 16

Vrakh twitched a torn ear, flicking the raindrops off of it irritably. True to his feline form, the werecat despised water as much as any other cat, and the rain was doing his mood no favors.

Not that Felnova had been any better; Vrakh had taken Anna there in hopes that it would be safer where twisted creatures did not roam in the depths of the forest, ready to take a child for their next meal. The so-called realm of dragons had had its upsides; the dragons had mostly been driven away, and the Faction was doing a decent job of attacking and taking over any cities that were still resisting.

However, when the werecat had found out that they had allied themselves with the damn snakes, he hadn't given them a second glance. The snakes were just as bad as the dragons, which in his mind, defeated the whole purpose of the Faction.

They'd trained for a bit in Felnova--a year, perhaps-- avoiding others and keeping to the shadows. Anna was a quick learner, and though the dark feline would hardly admit it, he was rather pleased with her progress... though he could do without her teary outbursts from time to time when he went too hard on her.

When things in Felnova turned for the worse, and snakes seemed to be breeding in greater numbers, Vrakh and Anna had returned to Evylon. It was easier to hide in the deep forests and thick shadows of this realm, and though the feline shifter had no reason to hide, the girl was not quite ready to face the world yet-- or so he thought.

Regardless, today had been a good day; they'd had scattered training throughout the day, trying to keep out of the rain that showered overhead. Anna had done well, and the werecat had caught a celebratory meal out of a rather unintelligent deer, whose carcass now roasted above a dark fire, burning strongly despite the water that fell from the sky.

He turned to the child, stretched out languidly and taking in the heat from the flames. "What do you want to do tomorrow? I'll let you pick, since you did decently today."

--------------------
My name is pronounced zik-HAR-ah, but feel free to call me Hara.
My characters and threads can be found in my tracker.
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 6 2016, 09:15 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Anna had very nearly fallen asleep. Curled up in a blanket, she'd dozed off twice now, and was sleepily watching the fire, daydreaming about finding her parents when he spoke. Yawning, the little girl sat up and rubbed her eyes, then nodded, and blinked at the flames. "Can we practice with the fire a little again?" she asked, stifling another yawn. She was so tired. "I've mastered calling that water, but I'm running out of it and the fire you let me borrow is the most magic I have. I can't do healing until I master everything else, too, so..."

She grinned, and gave a small giggle, pulling the blanket closer around her. "I don't want to end up burning someone when I wanna heal them, you know!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 11:22 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

The werecat let out a throaty laugh. "Like the time you tried to singe my whiskers off?" His tail flicked, though his expression was still good-natured. "That would most definitely not be an effective healing method. You're lucky I'm almost fireproof."

He rested his head on his paws, silver eyes narrowed. "Yeah, we can work on fire tomorrow. Maybe I'll show you how to make constructs out of fire." With another flick of his tail, the dark flames in the fireplace warped into the shape of a pouncing lion before the werecat let it flicker out entirely. "I think you might have fun with that..." trailing off, Vrakh closed his eyes and let sleep claim him.

When he next opened his eyes, the sun was filtering through the canopy of the trees, illuminating dapples on the forest floor. Vrakh slowly rose and stretched luxuriously, his muscles rippling under his dark fur. The werecat glanced over at Anna, then trotted off into the forest.

He returned in a few minutes with a rabbit clutched in his jaws, then shifted into his elven form. The man made quick work of the carcass, and soon a stew was simmering in a pot heated over black flames where the fire had been the night before.

"Wake up, sleepyhead," he called to Anna. "You're lat for breakfast."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 03:31 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The little girl had curled into a ball after the werecat had left hunting; it was in this state that she began to wake up, holding her blanket close and blinking sleepily at Vrakh. She never woke up fully, at first - it always took her a while, and many yawns later.

Stifling one, she got up and meandered towards the fire, blanket wrapped around her shoulders and dragging in the dirt. "Wha's for breakfast?" she asked sleepily, and yawned again. "Hungry... cold..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 17 2016, 01:38 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

"Food," Vrakh replied, his voice not lacking for sarcasm. "You'll like it, especially since I know how to use my fire." At the last part, a hint of teasing entered the werecat's voice, and he watched her amusedly. "And unless you're going to be powerwashing that blanket with water magic, I suggest you quit dragging it."

Turning back to the food, the werecat stirred the concoction for a moment more, then grabbed the two bowls he had sitting on the side. Deftly he poured the rabbit stew into each bowl, then handed one to the girl. "That'll warm you up," he stated with some amusement. "Or you could make some fire to warm yourself up."

The shifted feline paused, eyeing the child for a moment. "On second thought, don't make fire yet. I want a morning without a forest fire." As the werecat chuckled, the fire under the pot seemed to grow darker and larger, edging toward the girl even though there was no kindling under it. "There you are, princess."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 04:22 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Anna stifled another yawn by hiding her face behind the bowl, then peered into it, having awoken enough to see what it was. A happy smile crossed her face and she took in a deep breath of the scent, then gave Vrakh a grateful look. "Rabbit?" she questioned. "Aww, that's my favorite... thank you, Vrakh!"

She let her blanket fall around her and drew in the delicious stew's scent, then looked down at it in delight. Lifting her spoon, she sipped it and was struck with the odd memory that someone else had, long ago, made something similar... though so long ago that she didn't remember if she actually ate it, or no. She was at her third spoonfull when a twig snapped in the bushes on the other side of the fire, and the bushes began to rustle.

Confused at first, then she realized something was coming through, and she quickly set her bowl down and darted over behind Vrakh. Picking up a rock, she threw it at the bush and stared with wide eyes; what would come out? She took hold of the werecat's wrist with one hand and picked up another rock, silent as a mouse.

No thoughts ran through her mind; no words of warning, just a deep, silent confusion, an unsettled fear...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 04:52 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Vrakh had heard the rustling of the brush just before Anna had, and he immediately began the painful transformation into his dark-furred feline form. He muttered a hasty "sorry" as he dropped onto all fours and Anna's grip on his wrist was displaced; however, the apology turned almost immediately into a hiss as the girl tossed a rock at where the sound had originated. "What did I tell you about attacking things you don't know about?" he growled, before he turned his full attention to the source of the noise, his ears pricked and eyes narrowed. "Hold your fire until you can see it."

Toward the shaking plants, the werecat commanded, "Show yourself," his voice carrying a dangerous rumble. Vrakh's tail lashed and claws slid out of their sheaths as he planted himself lengthwise in front of Anna, shielding her body with his own. The dark fire that had just been simmering under the stew began to spread, creeping slowly toward the bushes, charring the debris in its path without a trace of smell or smoke. "Move slowly or you'll find no mercy here."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 01:34 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Anna glanced up at the large werecat and back, now clinging to his shoulder, as fear eclipsed her mind; suddenly, irrationally, she wanted to start crying, though she dismissed this as ludicrous a moment later. However, when the thing that was in the bushes came out, she couldn't help but gasp.

A tiny wolf puppy waddled out, then looked up at them curiously, before noticing the black fire and jumping back in. It yelped loudly, and waddled a little ways away into the bushes, before sitting down and crying, little yipping howls echoing through the forest. Another, inquisitive bark - obviously belonging to another puppy - joined it, before not one, but two tiny faces popped out of the bushes, though went no farther. Two more joined them, all puppies, though one whined and disappeared.

Anna gasped. She stared as they stared back, frozen in shock - then a wide grin spread across her face. "Puppies! Oh, Vrakh, stop, they're just -"

And then, all the puppy faces disappeared as a large wolf, opalescent white, stepped through, snarling with fangs bared at the thing that threatened its pups. All four popped out of the bushes behind him, piebald iridescent white and deep, mottled grey and black, hiding behind their father who meant to protect them from this new threat.

However, the little girl wasn't scared at all. She pushed away from Vrakh and ran forward, impulsively, and threw her arms around the huge wolf as its snarl turned into a confused whine. Suddenly, she was crying, hugging the wolf so tightly he rocked back on his hind feet and abruptly sat down, ears pricked in confusion. Then, his tail began wagging immensely, and he licked her face all over.

"Othello, oh Othie, Othie, it's you, I missed you so much, I'm so glad you're here, and you have PUPPIES oh my GOSH!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 02:57 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Vrakh had let the fire recede at Anna's request, but it returned in full force as a snarling, opalescent wolf stepped from the brush. The werecat's ears were flat to his head, and he was about to yowl a challenge when Anna pushed away and darted directly at the wolf.

The werecat had taken a step after the girl when the canine's entire demeanor changed. Suddenly it was wagging and greeting, all sign of hostility gone, and the black flames that licked the ground died as the feline stared in bewilderment.

"This is Othello?" he asked, silvery eyes sweeping over the group. Tail flicking, the werecat gave his chest a couple quick licks before looking back at Anna. "I suppose that's one thing off our plate, then," he murmured, and grimaced as he began to shift.

A handful of seconds later, a dark-haired elf was standing where the feline had, rubbing the back of his neck with a look of discomfort on his face. He walked back to the stew and produced another, larger bowl, into which he poured much of what was left.

This he offered to the pups and their father. "Sorry about that; if you're hungry, this is for you."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 12:20 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The wolf wagged his tail even harder as Anna clambered up on his back to hug him again; then dropped to the ground to hug each of the now-wiggling, flailing puppies. Their happy yipps and wuffs joined with her laughter to fill the air, and the wolf gave Vrakh an almost apologetic look, sniffing the bowl and then disappearing back into the bushes.

Not a moment later, he returned with a smaller wolf, though larger than the pups - a dainty female, mottled black and white, ears pricked as she nervously regarded Vrakh and the small human who played with her pups. Wuffing quietly, Othello wagged his tail and led her to the bowl, where she lay down and began lazily lapping.

"Vrakh, Vrakh, have you ever seen anything so cute?" Anna cried, and she hugged one of them as it tried to vigorously lick her face. "I can't believe it! Othello's a daddy! A daddy!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 05:57 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Vrakh let out a chuckle as Anna squealed over the pups, then retreated back to his bowl of stew, giving the she-wolf a nod before sitting down again and continuing his meal. Cute or no, children were a pain in the ass, no matter what species they belonged to, and the werecat would rather avoid intermingling with them as much as possible.

He watched the group for a few more seconds, allowing Anna to play with the pups for a bit more, before he cleared his throat and nodded to her forgotten bowl of stew.

"It's gonna go cold if you don't finish it," the shifted feline said. "You can play with them and get acquainted after; I'm not going to warm that bowl up for you."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 12:33 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The girl looked confused for a second, holding one of the puppies up in the air; then, with a small, "Oh!" she set the pup down and went over to get her stew. Of course, the wiggling, fluffy puppies followed, and she had to shoo them away as she ate, giggling as they got distracted by trying to bite their mother's tail.

Anna was as starry eyed as ever. She couldn't believe that her Guardian had actually become a father... and that he had found her, at last. She was so overjoyed that she kept breaking out into fits of giggles while trying to eat, earning amused looks and tail-wags from both adult wolves on multiple occasions.

Othello licked his chops as he sat down, finished with his meal, regarding the werecat curiously. Though he was not a Vystrian, intelligence brimmed in his eyes - the feral, animal intelligence that seemed so mysterious to creatures with humanlike minds.

Then, Anna set her bowl aside, and went up to give Vrakh a big hug. "Thank you so much for saving me," she said warmly, smiling brightly. "If you hadn't, I would never have met Othie again... and never seen these puppies!" She drew away, and gave him an excited look. "Do you want to help name them? Pleaaaaase? And Othie's girlfriend, too? C'mon, it'll be so much fun!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Dec 6 2016, 03:38 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

The werecat had been likewise watching the wolves; though he was relatively sure they were little threat, he still automatically sized the group up, searching for weaknesses that could be exploited in the case of a battle and the like.

Distracted and taken by surprise, the man tensed as the child came up to hug him; even after a year, Vrakh was not comfortable with the close contact that the girl seemed to be so fond of, and he allowed the hug for a few moments before shrugging her away. "Yeah, well, don't think too much on it, kid."

The werecat regarded her enthusiasm with amusement before responding. "I think you'd do better at naming dogs than I would," he said plainly. "Have you asked them if they have names yet? These ones seem smarter than most I've come across. Even some of the Vystrian wolves seem less intelligent."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Dec 11 2016, 11:49 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

At this, Anna drew away, and tilted her head as she pondered. "Well... I could ask," she said, thinking. "But none of them have names that we can pronounce. I can't really get a straight answer from them - they speak the animals' tongue, I guess, and I don't have the magic that lets me talk to them like that."

She turned to a pup and reached out with her hand to play with its ears. "Can you tell me your name, little one? If not, I think I'd call you... Patches." The pup tilted its head to one side and barked, then wiggled away and wagged its tail so hard its entire rear shook. However, then the pup jumped up and stared off to the left, joined by all of its fellows and their mother. Then, each one of them dove into the bushes and disappeared out of sight.

Othello fluffed up, bristling, and walked stiff-legged in front of both Anna and Vrakh, growling uncertainly at whatever they sensed. Suddenly, the bushes where the wolf stared rustled violently, and out popped a halfling who had branches sticking out from his hair, clothing ripped, and looking entirely out of sorts, huffing and puffing as he stumbled into view.

He gave a cry and fell back as the wolf snarled; wide-eyed, the little halfling looked from the wolf to Anna, Vrakh, and back, then squeaked, "I come with n-n-news a-and a summons f-from Lady Faelina, f-for Lord Vrakh and Lady A-Anna! Please do not e-eat me, wolfy!"

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (9) 1 2 3 ... Last »

web
statistics