<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
Discord Embed

If Discord/Titan is down, use the emergency cbox instead!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Land of Kidochi

» Words of War, Blazeh, YOU

This thread is stemming off from Clarion Call, in which Cipher, my demon, was asked to choose a partner to travel to Kurai with him and go meet the Lord of War! Thus, PM or otherwise contact me if you're interested in hoppin' in this one, so we can plan them together accordingly!

Thank y'all 8D

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@JPG

SETTING:
In Kidochi, nearing Kenkyo. Pestilence territory.

WEATHER:
Clear and very cold.

TIME:
1 day ahead of current! Morning.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Cipher (Blazeh), Izzuit, Pepper (JPG)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^

A dark elf and his dragon hadn't been his first choice of partner; he had been on his way to find someone Legacy had mentioned, when the pair had arrived at the sound-barrier, and their paths crossed. Deciding that swiftness would be better than traveling leagues out of his way, Cipher easily agreed and they set off; however, the portal that had supposed to have led to the land of Tatakai in Kurai had somehow gone off course.

It was expected, of course. Cipher knew how strange Kurai's Markers could act, frozen and embedded within the earth as they were. And now that they were here, portals would not operate to get them out unless they went in search for a Hellgate, one of the few connections to the outside Realms that this particular one had. It was an unusual Realm at best - getting in was easy. Getting out was another problem entirely...

"Remember, be as quiet as you can," the demon warned, shutting the portal behind him with a wave of one hand; he looked at his partner and the dragon and nodded towards an old and gnarled white tree, leafless, where three sets of small eyes could be seen, reflecting the scarlet light of the moon. "We're in dangerous territory here, friends. Keep your voice down, or those little heathens will alert much bigger creatures we're ill-fitted to deal with."

Cipher was a tall demon, lanky but muscular; he had pale skin and long white hair, his eyes teal as the sea. He wore a black tunic and breeches overlaid by a thick black trenchcoat, studded with triangular pieces of metal along the shoulders and chest, and tall riding boots that had seen too long on the road. Though he wore little in the way of accessories, he wore a simple black-stone pendant carved into the shape of a claw and embedded with two blue gems.

Sometimes, he could summon two large blue and white eagle wings, but right now he was focused on stealth more than the ability to fly. His demi-form was nice... but much too obvious here. Regarding the eyes that blinked at them warily, Cipher shook his head and sighed.

"We should be going to the War Fortress, but we arrived severely off-course. It's in Tatakai, and we're currently in... I believe Kidochi. Those look like the black mountains there, and the Dragon-Crash tower there." He pointed a ways east and south of them. "We're in Pestilence land. An entire ocean stands between us and our destination. Which means... we need to find a ship that'll bear us."

Cipher sighed, and ran his fingers through his wavy, unkempt hair. "There's no ports anywhere near us. Not official ones. Which means we'll probably have to deal with pirates... or worse. Our best bet might be to simply make it to the coast. What do you say, Izzuit?"

--------------------
user posted image
^

The drow knight of the Vystrian council, Izzuit, looked languishly to his steed, only bothering to open one eye. "You hear that, Pepper? Quiet. As in no flying off the handle."

The Heartwoodian red glared daggers, and snorted in response, deciding to keep her mouth shut so she didn't literally spit fire at her master.

Izzuit simply shrugged at Cipher's frustration at how wildly off course they were. "No worries, no worries. We can simply tour the sights. I mean...the sky's a nice shade of crimson, and it's quite the lovely evening as marked by the moo- wait...the moon means it's daytime here, right? ...well, it's quite the lovely afternoon." He gave a lazy grin. Was THIS the assistance the Vystrians decided to offer? There had to be a reason this lackadaisical lumphead was sent.

He then listened to the problem, and closed his eyes, thinking for a moment. "...we could outpirate the pirates." His eyes opened, and a cocky smirk danced upon his lips. "We find a smaller ship - we shouldn't need anything fancy, after all, right? The smaller ships will probably have a smaller crew - much more manageable. We have to think of an excuse to allow them on their ship. Then...we bide our time. The moment they try and capture us, we take them out in a flurry of blade, steel, and CAREFULLY AIMED..." He shoots a concerned glance at 'Pepper' "...fire. I think between the three of us, we could handle a crew of 10 max, assuming there are no N'Vaens among the crew. Sound like an idea?"

--------------------
^

The War demon shook his head. "I doubt if you could find a pirate ship not manned by n'vaen these days. Too dangerous to have crewmembers who can't defend against Kuraian atlanteans or akkorokamui kraken... I've seen those kraken firsthand."

His eyes flicked to Izzuit, expression grim. "We need to gain passage on a ship that can defend itself. You and I get caught out there alone by a kraken, I don't care how much fire she can spit, we're done for. Those things can snatch us from the sky as easily as if we hovered and let 'em.

"Pirates..." Cipher hesitated a moment, and rummaged around in his coat. "They'll want gold, of course. I've got a few gold jaden, and maybe a zen around somewhere. You have any to help bribe with?"

--------------------
user posted image
^

The red Heartwoodian snorted, clearly insulted by the insinuation that her fire simply wasn't enough to cook the squids in the bloody seas of Kurai. "So you say. For the moment, I'll take your word for it." A plume of smoke escaped her nostrils, indicating her displeasure.

Izzuit rolled his eyes at his companion's offense, and patted her on the head. "Don't worry about it, Pepper. We'll get a chance, I'm sure." He then looked to Cipher - the drow clad in darkened leathers for this trip - the golden armor of a Champion was way too gaudy for a trip into Kurai. Besides, he hated the pomp.

"Ah, and here I was hoping I wouldn't have to break open my coinpurse." Izzuit shrugged, letting out a playfully exasperated sigh at the thought of spending money - ending it with a smirk to solidify it was all in good fun. "Ah well...I brought a few gold jadens myself. I can chip in." He pulled out five gold jaden coins from his pouch and offered it to Cipher.

--------------------
^

Well, it was better than nothing.

Rummaging in a small travel pack, he pulled out a bit of parchment and some charcoal. "We shouldn't be too far from the northeastern coast," he said, scribbling a rough map of what he knew about the area. Admittedly, it wasn't much. "We're smack in the middle of Pestilence territory. Got that. Vortigern's an ally, I think, but... we'd best avoid Kenkyo just in case. If we swing north, we'll hit a lot more snow, but we should be able to avoid detection."

Cipher looked up and over at the dragon. "At least you're red; you blend in with the moonlight. You and Izzuit can fly ahead if need be." He sighed, and handed the map to Izzuit. "My wings are bright-ass blue and visible for miles. No flying for me."

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: