<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
Discord Embed

If Discord/Titan is down, use the emergency cbox instead!

 

» Valley of the Bones
NyteDaez
 Posted: Oct 31 2017, 02:37 PM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #394

‣ Male

age: 26

36 posts

NyteDaez

Member
scout

☆ Offline

328 jaden

Awards: 2



PLAYERS INVOLVED: @NyteDaez & @Narvail

SETTING: Ristell: The outskirts of a small, town/village with a small population and minimal access to resources and trade.

WEATHER: A haze hangs heavy and thick about the land, clouds above are silvery grey, blocking out all sources of light from overhead, the air is cool and calm with no wind.

TIME:It's about midday but it's quite difficult to tell for those at ground level.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Maud (Narvail) & Arris Hector (NyteDaez)
^
NyteDaez
 Posted: Oct 31 2017, 03:18 PM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #394

‣ Male

age: 26

36 posts

NyteDaez

Member
scout

☆ Offline

328 jaden

Awards: 2



The moisture that hung in the air was thick, palpable - rivalling the very rains of the land itself with its humidity alone, yet it remained within air with an ease almost unbelievable. Flowers and brush wilted against such pressure, branches hung low in trees under the same weight. For such weather, one might think a supernatural occurrence was in the midst of taking place, yet residents of a nearby community dwelling went about their lives as normal.

It was almost telling how resilient mortal kind were in the face of nature which seemed to demand attention. They went about their daily lives undaunted by rain or shine, by famine or death - and such was to be both marvelled and envied. There were times where he found himself feeling something akin to longing, want, as he gazed upon those who pushed their carts through the town, and hugged their happy children - but as quickly as they came, they were lost to the haze.

The mysterious youth who gazed upon their tiny world remained stoic for what was no more than minutes but could easily be mistaken for hours. With no ties to those beyond the fog within those village borders, all he could do, all he allowed himself to do was stare - in the hopes that one day he may be noticed. Someday...

Darkened, glittering clothing he wore were masked within the haze that flooded the area - even for one such as him, the conditions were far from ideal. Perhaps just this once, he'd allow himself to get a little closer and experience what he so longed for up close. Did he dare risk their livelihood just to quench his own curiosity on what he supposedly had so long ago?

As if to answer his own grievances, the youth's purple eyes tracked to the right, catching his small, tear-drop companions approaching from the corner of his purple eyes. One seemed to be surrounded in an etheral glow of blue reiatsu, it's very movements were sluggish and slow as it lagged behind it's siblings. The second seemed shrouded in green reiatsu, it's gaze lingering back at the village every so often, as if it wasn't quite ready to leave. The tiny creature which headed the trio's return to Arris' side had a hue of orange follow all of it's movements - it's tiny body seemed agitated, loathsome to even be in such a location at all. This one held Arris' attention most of all. The very emotion itself seemed to be considerably strong compared to the others - yet he had no way of knowing why.

Had he come across something telling?
^
Narvail
 Posted: Oct 31 2017, 04:12 PM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #388

‣ Female

age: 27

41 posts

Narvail

Member
scout

☆ Offline

355 jaden

Awards: None


Along the road trotting hooves could be heard, had the weather been milder and the air lighter perhaps the scent of death might of made people aware that a, at first glance, beautiful woman, wasn't riding a living horse though the haze and fog of the current weather made it easier to hide in.
Still Maud needed to get around, and needs must she had needed transport, it was the distinct tell tale signs of magic similar to her own that had gotten her attention it was then, through all the murk and fog she spotted essentially a little boy she carefully ushered the horse in his direction, then in a somewhat deep yet alluring and female tone, she asked him quietly. "What are you up to?" She then looked at the little teardrops holding her hand under one. "Beautiful.."
^
NyteDaez
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 08:26 AM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #394

‣ Male

age: 26

36 posts

NyteDaez

Member
scout

☆ Offline

328 jaden

Awards: 2



Had the youth been made of (frankly) shake-able stuff, her sudden voice cutting through the humidity of the air just might have been enough to gain a rise out of him. A panic or a flinch - such trivial mortal actions to take when caught off guard or by surprise. Yet, his only reaction instead was to slowly direct his gaze over to the particularly interesting woman. A certainly unassuming person indeed, he wasn't able to tell what she was based on her reiatsu alone. Neither human, nor mortal, it seemed, but what else could she be?

Regardless of his current thought process, her question registered within his mind and he was obligated to respond in kind, where he saw fit anyway. The exploration of his own psyche regarding the small town that stretched before them could certainly wait, whereas this could not. But what was he doing - even Arris himself was not quite sure about that.

"Remembering... Exploring..." His voice full of disparity and longing.

Two of his white spirit-like companions seemed to float about each other in a sort of dance and his eyes picked up on the subtleties of their movements. They were having a conversation that eluded even Arris' understanding, but this was typical of them when certain conditions were met. The first being the combination of emotions he didn't seem to understand and the appearance of an unfamiliar catalyst. In this case, her. Yet the last remaining creature remained where it floated, just above the palm of her outstretched hand. The blue aura which lightly surrounded it's form seemed to lessen gradually with every second it rested. Yet another unique phenomenon if he'd ever seen one. No mortal could hope to do such a thing.

"Who... What... are you?" With his full attention on the woman, the youth trudged closer, if only to get a closer look at the woman. Still her reiatsu remained unlike so many others he'd come across and his own curiosity seemed to grow with every nonexistent breath. "How did you find me?"
^
Narvail
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 09:21 AM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #388

‣ Female

age: 27

41 posts

Narvail

Member
scout

☆ Offline

355 jaden

Awards: None


Maud nodded at the boys answer surprised at the boys lack of surprise but glad for it as she smirked slightly, her green eyes fixed on the spirit-like companions in turn. "Curious child.." She muttered her voice still soothing and somehow filled with a sense of power, as she let the blue tear-drop like one go her hand dropping slowly. "Good questions.. though that is no concern of yours young one who or what I am." She said then looked up her green eyes burning lightly in the gloom. "Your talents.. intrigued me, you should be glad, someone less kind than I could have sought to look into them." She said so matter of factly chuckling lightly before she took her horses reigns and set about on the road again, prepared to ride the beast away into the fog should either of them be figured out for what they were.
^
NyteDaez
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 01:36 PM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #394

‣ Male

age: 26

36 posts

NyteDaez

Member
scout

☆ Offline

328 jaden

Awards: 2



Oh?

He had to admit: she had a point. Whether she happened to be mortal or not (he strongly sensed she was anything but) he identity mattered little in the way of his own desires. What he desired most was to discover more about himself and his second lease of life. Finding answers to the same questions for others would hardly help with that at all. Finding others like himself might possibly give him some sense of clarity to what he had become, but he had plenty of time to seek such information out. He had all the time in the world, he felt.

At her words, Arris was enthralled. The meaning behind what she said was just as intriguing as her identity itself, and he found himself taking a few steps more in spite of himself. The blue from one of his creatures had nearly faded away completely, the orange shrouding another was beginning to disappear as well. Yet the green remained strong as ever in the presence of this woman - thoughts of the village all but ebbing their way into the darkest recesses of his mind.

"My talents..." He hadn't an idea of what she was referring to. His existence alone was hardly something to recognise as anything other than luck. But perhaps she was referring to his comrades. His family. In that moment, his eyes drifted between the three creatures at his side. All three were attentive to this woman and her steed with a fixation almost unknown.

"Your desire? What do you seek most...?" Perhaps getting straight to the point of their interaction wasn't the best way to get in this woman's good graces - yet he felt such information crucial if he was to gain anything further. But what was to gain from a mysterious stranger as she? The creatures at his side gazed upon her with bated breaths, despite lacking the inherent need to breathe.
^
Narvail
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 11:35 PM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #388

‣ Female

age: 27

41 posts

Narvail

Member
scout

☆ Offline

355 jaden

Awards: None


Maud smirked seeing the young boy take more steps toward her. "The green one... goes with my eyes." She muttered letting the boy get closer, he could see her clearly and she looked right back at him, his creatures following him and their fixation with her and the horse. It was then the child asked her desires and what she sought most. "Full of questions... you ask the good ones." She then walked up to him and looked down at him.

"What I desire and seek most are one in the same, are they not?" She asked then posed to look in thought, she had to admit teasing this one with what, who she was and what she wanted was actually fun, she hadn't had fun in.. well she couldn't remember. "I'm hungry." She muttered after awhile, it wasn't a answer necessarily nor was it entirely wrong as she shifted to look at the village. "I'm more... interested in your desires, what you seek most." She smirked again as she asked holding her hand out to the boy open held out to him dampening in the moist air.
^
NyteDaez
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 09:57 AM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #394

‣ Male

age: 26

36 posts

NyteDaez

Member
scout

☆ Offline

328 jaden

Awards: 2



He nodded at her question - yes, the two were synonymous with one another. One's desire was usually what one sought most at any given moment. Or even throughout their limited lifetime. And so when Arris asked his question, he didn't expect a multitude of answers, objects or even a list of popular choices - he expected a single, profound goal completely alien to him. She struck him as being something almost ethereal, surely her desires would follow suit.

Arris and his creatures continued to wait patiently for what would inevitably come next. Her pondering over his question for much longer than he'd initially expected, there was no doubt she was building up to something grandiose. A plan which might increase her power and influence across the land tenfold? Or perhaps the eventual expectation that she would rule throughout the gathered realms of the Void Hydra. The wait soon became more than enough for his own expectancies to become drastically warped, yet the given answer he got was...

...less than stellar.

Arris blinked, all three of his companions also doing double-takes before turning away to carry on their business. He supposed he'd probably been the one to blame for getting his hopes up - but what had he hoped to hear from her anyway? The answer was hard to discern, particularly when he found it so difficult to glean any sort of clarity from his own emotions. As a result, her posing the same question back at himself left him neigh but speechless.

"I..."

Her open palm reaching out to him drew his toxic stare, wondering if there was some deeper meaning behind her question - or if her own expectancies were becoming pronounced. Were he able to give her an adequate answer, would she show her support? Would he gain a new ally in whatever it was he sought so bad? Her wisdom, skills and power would be entirely sided with his own to better his overall chances at whatever?

Perhaps she was setting herself up for disappointment as he had, because there was no grandiose destiny he hoped to achieve or even an objective that kept him going. There was only the constant drift through the realms and the accidental surprises that came with doing so. Nothing more, nothing less.

"How... why... I exist." He murmured, turning his eyes away in what could easily be deduced as shame. "How I... came back. Who... brought me back..." The small creatures didn't seem to pay the conversation any mind, yet every now and then, the green one would halt its movements and turn it's piercing gaze onto the both of them. It's green hue brimming brighter then fading with every moment that passed. "I want to... understand."
^
Narvail
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 10:38 AM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #388

‣ Female

age: 27

41 posts

Narvail

Member
scout

☆ Offline

355 jaden

Awards: None


Oh. She'd disappointed him it seemed, but then on a road where there were passers by and she had no idea what he was initially herself,then when she got right down close to him and looked at him and he spoke, after some time being rather dumbstruck by her answer, she tilted her head at him, even what ever these being were with him seemed unimpressed. Well that would never do.

"You don't know what you are?" Maud mused awhile then looked at him a good while. "Brought... back?" She put her hands on the boys shoulders awhile then pulled back. "Who.. yes good question." She didn't recall bringing one like him back, she kept looking at him awhile and then pulled in close to whisper. "I was lying, with my answer, well I am hungry but not that kind of hungry. We're one in the same.. well sort of." She chuckled and it was then she let her glamour drop slightly on the side of her face that faced him then she raised her glamour again, then she re-positioned herself to put her hand out to him once more. "Want to understand.. what? You have as long as I might to figure these things out... I might even come up with a better idea of what I really want myself, perhaps we can together?" She asked then, now it was her turn to feel rather enthralled by this boy, she hadn't thought she'd meet such on her travels other than un-dead she had made herself but her green eyes were focused on this one.
^
NyteDaez
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 11:23 AM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #394

‣ Male

age: 26

36 posts

NyteDaez

Member
scout

☆ Offline

328 jaden

Awards: 2



She seemed to understand his words, even though she seemed to echo his questions. It was sure to be a means of sounding them out, getting a feel for them herself. Perhaps to understand what else they could mean and figure out their depth coming from an elegant-looking child? His comrades, all three, halted in their movements and turned to watch the scene before them play forth, once her hands rested upon his shoulders.

Her demeanor seemed to change slightly, and in the midst of her words, she forcibly pulled the boy closer, as if to draw him to speak a secret. Arris neither raised his hands to protect himself, nor did he resist in any way. It wasn't as if he were in any sort of danger in her presence - rather, the kinship he seemed to feel with her made the action seem almost friendly - familial, even. Though, the mention of her answer being an outright faux seemed to gain some reaction from his purple eyes.

Once he was close enough, she spoke again and in doing so, revealed to him something... extraordinary. Even though the golden-haired youth was proficient in hiding his own reactions and emotions of the negative variety from others, he couldn't hope to stop the look of shock and surprise that would cross his features in that moment. While the woman seemed to constantly flaunt a heavenly visage that would make many men swoon and many woman red with envy - what she hid beneath her cover was something truly hideous: grotesque, even.

Were he naught but human, he might have thrown caution to the wind and headed off the face of a cliff - Arris being anything but on the other hand inspired within him a constant level of empathy. A depth of which seemed to dull such outlandish reactions which might be considered the norm in many other species. His three companions seemed to be in their own state of stupor - almost transfixed to their floating positions within the air as if caught by some sort of immobilisation spell.

"The... same..." If that was in fact, her truest form - then there was no denying it. They were indeed the same, right down to their bones. Perhaps in a few hundred millenia or so, he might end up looking like her as she did in this moment. But for now, the fairly recent 'transformation' he'd gone through was still entirely fresh. With the sudden shock he felt finally fading away, she wasted no time in releasing him and backing off. He'd have more than enough time to gather his thoughts later on, if he allowed himself to.

She held her hand out to him once again, and his companions watched with eager interest as Arris stared at the hand long and hard... before taking it in his own. She had inspired the same camraderie he felt within his current companions, and a loyalty that would never falter throughout the eons. An understanding that went beyond even the boundaries of death, and a sense of wanting and curiosity he'd previously only felt in life. And this was simply from a simple chance meeting that hadn't lasted any longer than a couple of minutes. Who knows what else she might accomplish while in his presence, spurring him along, with him at her side. A union would be unprecedented in being able to move them forward in whatever they wanted. "I will... follow you..."

Before they could begin in their listeless search of the unknown in search of answers, the mysterious child felt like one more thing needed clarifying. And even though he still hadn't a clue on what to refer to her as (she hadn't wanted to give up her name, afterall, though that was fine with him) one thing stood out to him as being incredibly important. Almost overbearing in it's meaning, and he couldn't ignore it, even if he wanted.

"You're... hungry?"
^
Narvail
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 12:28 PM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #388

‣ Female

age: 27

41 posts

Narvail

Member
scout

☆ Offline

355 jaden

Awards: None


Well that was better, Maud looked at his comrades smirking seeing she had their attention once more. He was so relaxed in her hands, a sign of trust? Curious child indeed, no move to protect himself from her, then there was that spark of curiosity. 'Ah there you go.' She thought as she watched him.

Oh his reaction. How sublime it was to have this! Had this one been naught but human she would of continued her charade. Maud smiled as the child put his hand in her own, chuckling slightly as they probably get mistaken for nothing more than a mother and her child out for a walk, as she turned to head for the village undead horse in toe for now.

It was then he broke the silence asking the question she hoped he would and she paused looking at him her eyes shining slightly. "Ravenous. One might say.. I could eat a village." She said with a touch of humor and a touch of malice. She was going to enjoy having this one around however long he was, well that was up to him of course, she then looked to the child for his reaction to her answer. Would he ask her as to what she eats? Oh what his reaction might be to that! She was perhaps taking a little too much delight in this, but then what was eternity without a little fun? Or anything else Maud could do for that matter. Oh what fun this was going to be!
^
NyteDaez
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 04:58 PM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #394

‣ Male

age: 26

36 posts

NyteDaez

Member
scout

☆ Offline

328 jaden

Awards: 2



She seemed happy enough - elated even. Perhaps it had been something he'd said? Or maybe even some sort of indication or sign which was in her favor had been made. Well whatever it was, the feeling would no doubt be shared with him, had he the emotional capacity to feel as such. After all, he'd never met anyone as unique and interesting as her before. One who seemed to understand his woes.

Turning away from the child, she let go of his hand in turn and moved to head for the village. Arris didn't even hesitate to follow her - she wouldn't get away from him so easily, he wanted to know much more about her. So he'd follow her to the ends of the realms if he had to. But, he supposed she was probably just heading off to an inn to find a sort of meal or something based in the village. She had mentioned being hungry. Was she about to prove to him that the undead could still hope to live normal lives if they so desired? That they could blend into most societies because they actually had the capacity as opposed to popular belief? The mysterious child moved quickly so as to keep pace with the woman.

Her words confused him at first. He couldn't even fathom how she would be able to stomach the stuff, let alone fill her nonexistent gullet and gain nutrition from doing so. Their bodies weren't supposed to function like those of the mortals - he were much more magical in nature. Almost as if they were higher beings - despite almost never looking the part.

But it wasn't long before understanding descended upon him. He might be a child, but he wasn't stupid. And he was certainly curious enough to see how she'd quench that hunger of hers, if she could. It was one thing to say a village would fill her belly, but another to actually accomplish said desires - surely what he saw next would let him know if she had the power to make that a reality.

"How will... you do it?" His voice uttered at a whisper. As they moved ever closer to the village, he became wary that someone, just the wrong person might overhear them. The chances of anyone in the area having the necessary fighting ability to stop he and his newest ally was laughably small, but what would be the point to being reckless? Arris' companions floated along just behind him, all of which seemed wary in their own rights. And for good reason - not enough foresight in all the realms could possibly hope to prepare him for what would come next.
^
Narvail
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 02:09 AM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #388

‣ Female

age: 27

41 posts

Narvail

Member
scout

☆ Offline

355 jaden

Awards: None


Maud, as she walked adapted back to her usual stance, she seemed to achieve what she wanted and perhaps this little undead one would help make her time a little less mundane, make the farce she put on more believable.
She heard him behind her struggling to keep up perhaps? She waited until the proverbial penny of what she said seemed to drop in his mind, that tell tale sign she'd seen in him earlier. She turned picking him up and putting him on the undead horses back.

Once there and his question was in her ears, she smirked again. "Well.." She said barely a whisper. "There's the fun way... or the really messy fun way.. I prefer, for obvious reasons, the fun way." With that she smiled and put her hand to her mouth blowing the child a kiss. "Be good." She said with a wink as she turned and led the horse and her new friend into the village, leaving him and the horse for a moment she'd caught the typical attention of a man, she chuckled luring him with a look, a hand gesture. A lamb to the slaughter. She gave her new friend a look before the man got too close, but still she was sure her friend could see them.
Oh how she hoped she wouldn't scare him. This could be it between her and him, she rather hoped not.. still she was very hungry.
The drive to eat bit at her again and the man with his hands upon her was getting, insufferable, she turned to him the practiced smile upon her face, she kissed him letting him enjoy it for that sweet, delectable second before he started convulsing as she literally drained him dry, she pulled back seeing the results and blew the remains away like one might seeds on a flower head then looked to her new friend. Had she scared him? Or merely gotten his attention more so?
^
NyteDaez
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 01:01 PM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #394

‣ Male

age: 26

36 posts

NyteDaez

Member
scout

☆ Offline

328 jaden

Awards: 2



The mysterious child was picked up and placed onto her horse without so much of a word between them, and the child gave a curious stare at the creature as if it too was not what it pretended to be. If she was using magic to cover up her truest image, surely the same could be said for those of her possessions. Whether it was true or the four-legged steed or not, Arris kept quiet as they moved closer to the village - apprehension creeping along his skin. Who knew he was still capable of experiencing such a feeling?

Her sudden words piqued his attention once again, and he directed his gaze onto her questioningly. Fun way? Really messy fun way? So by the sounds of it, no matter how she went about her objective, Arris would be subject to quite the show. He was far from the type enthralled by the suffering of others, but he was legitimately interested in how she would pull such a feat off. And by extension, he wondered if it would be something he too could learn to utilise...

Before long, they had passed through the border of the village and trudged along its messy streets. The haze that had been ever present continued to linger ever heavily in every direction. Arris hadn't expected to see very much from such an undisclosed location, but seeing things up close brought about a new wave of feelings within him. It was almost too much for him to bare alone - were he without his faithful companions, his family, he would have become paralysed on the spot. Luckily for him, the creatures floating along behind his back were the only ones who exhibited any sort of noticable change.

Gone were the previous shades of colour which would each tell their own story, now only to be replaced by a combination of green, purple and orange. He didn't think very much on the positive side about the human dwelling, and he didn't think any better about it's inhabitants either. It was a good thing he couldn't really smell anything either - otherwise that would have sent his opinion of the place over the edge.

Directing his eyes onto the beauty once again, the woman released her hold on the horse' lead and made her way over to a particularly silly looking man. As she looked back, Arris felt himself compelled to draw himself closer to get a much closer look - so he did. Hopping down from the horse's back, replaced by the only family member of his who bore the shade of dark green within it's aura, the child moved closer - close enough to get a look of anything distinct. And boy was it quite a sight to see.

The child watched as the man seemed to have some sort of seizure in her arms. And while at first, he couldn't figure out what was going on, a quick bond with the creature bearing the orange aura and Orange Goggles allowed him to see what most could only dream of. With his vision tinted heavily in orange, Arris gazed at the 'couple' before him and quite literally watched as the life left the man and entered the woman. She... was stealing his life's essence. The man stopped his twitching before long and quickly turned to dust in the proverbial wind. Leaving behind no trace of his ever being there other than his shaggy clothing.

Her gaze turned onto Arris for a moment - searching for something. Perhaps fear? Disgust? Well, fear was far from what he felt in that moment - and the disgust he did feel for the moment for only for the man she'd drained and the village they stood within. It would be an understatement to say he felt uncomfortable just standing upon it's ground. But that aside... How did he really feel about what had just transpired?

"You... eat people?" Was all he could think to ask - but he was just trying to understand. Well, it wasn't so much that she'd swallowed the guy whole or anything. But she'd certainly devoured his essence. But had doing so done for her? What had she gained from it? Had she really quenched her hunger by doing so? Because in that case, Arris could only assume she wasn't so much like him at all. In fact, he'd say she were along the lines of a vampire of some sort. And that was certainly a thought to consider. "How...?"
^
Narvail
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 02:03 PM
*
Member Inventory: View

member #388

‣ Female

age: 27

41 posts

Narvail

Member
scout

☆ Offline

355 jaden

Awards: None


The horse had a weaker glamour, not as extensive as Mauds, if people got too close they'd see it for what it was.
Maud was far too busy enjoying a meal to really notice her new companion coming over for a front row seat, when she was done and saw him right there watching she deftly cast the clothes away. He wasn't running. He wasn't screaming for help. He stood there and when he eventually broke the silence it was, perhaps unsurprisingly, with questions.
"Technically.." Maud drew closer to Arris drawing him beside her. "It's more.. life itself." She muttered and looked to his companions then walked with Arris back to the horse and worked a little on the horses glamour making it more like her own, at least for now.
"How.." She sighed, that was hard to explain and she looked in thought as she tried to think of how to explain it. "Its not always so... personal, its just the less messy way." She said then and put out her hand laying it flat before her lips. "I reach out to their life and draw it to me.. it is very hard to explain, unless you wish to indulge." She muttered then looked at the people watching them keenly.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: