<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Land of Tatakai

Pages: (10) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

» BONDS of BLOOD, Blazeh, Hara
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 02:07 PM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Awards: 31

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@Xikhara (Hara)

SETTING: Just outside of the Grand Rift.

WEATHER: Acidic rain falls from deep, full clouds.

TIME: One day ahead! Morning.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Ramuh (Blazeh), Zirkath (Hara)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 06:10 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Awards: 16

A dark, enormous silhouette swept across the reddened sky, under the light of the scarlet moon. It came to halt in the air for a few moments, batlike wings beating to keep it afloat, before angling toward a spot on the ground and dropping into a steep dive.

The ground seemed to shudder with the landing, and the beast shook itself off before folding its wings, tucking them close to its sides. Not a moment later, its form warped, until only a male demon was standing where the great dragon had just been, and the carcass of a kirin thudded to the ground just in front of him.

He stood at over six and a half feet, and horns swept back from his jet-black hair, making him seem even taller than he was. An imposing figure, the demon was clad in dark armor, accented with hues of dark red and pale gold, and a heavy cape of scaled black dragonhide draped from his shoulders. His eyes glowed, a deep golden color tinted with a red hue, perhaps from his slitted, scarlet pupils. A pale scar was barely visible in the dim light, running from his brow across his left eye and down his cheek.

A black feylizard fluttered down to his shoulder, its scarlet eyes reflecting the glow of the moon. A sort of black mist hovered over the little dragon, and the rain falling from the sky did not touch its glittering scales.

The demon wasted no time in unsheathing a small dagger from his hip, and crouched down next to the body of the deerlike creature. It had clearly been killed by a sharp blow to the neck, which was bent backward at a strange angle-- the rest of the body showed no sign of injury, save for a bit of hair loss where the dragon had grasped it to carry.

Deftly the man sliced open his quarry's throat, placing a small cup under the cut to catch the blood that spilled forth. When the cup was full he lifted it to his lips, draining the cup quickly; twice more he repeated the process, then wiped both the cup and his face clean with a cloth produced from a small pouch at his side, before stowing both away.

He brought his dagger forward again and was about to skin and eviscerate the kirin when a warning chirr from the feylizard caused him to whip around, the dagger in its sheath and a dark-bladed sword in its place.

The demon's eyes glowed dangerously, but he made no move; instead, he snapped, "Show yourself!" Failure to comply would not end well for whoever it was that had alerted the little Black.

--------------------
My name is pronounced zik-HAR-ah, but feel free to call me Hara.
My characters and threads can be found in my tracker.
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 6 2016, 09:15 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

For a moment, there was no answer. Silence grew, broken only by the sound of the wind and the hissing, pitter-patter of the rain. However, after a few moments, there was a pinprick of light - then a soft, gleaming glow.

Golden eyes could be seen, then, glimmering in the darkness. Then, slowly, warily, a figure emerged, climbing down from the jagged rocks it had been hidden in to jump down to the ground below. Crouching, the creature was revealed to be a thin, winged n'vaen demon, wary as a feral animal.

He was pale skinned with long, straight black hair that fell about his face and shoulders, matching the black raven's wings that he held half-open to either side. A single earring glinted from his left ear, though no other ornamentation could be seen. Straight, segmented black horns caught the light, sprouting from his skull, similar to Zirkath's own.

He wore no shirt, nor armor - only dark breeches, and no shoes. Scars that looked somewhat recent curled around his throat, and as he slowly rose, others could be seen just above his shoulders, curving down his back. He didn't answer, just watched, tense and ready to flee. Eyes flicked to the feylizard and back, then lingered on the carcass of the kirin hungrily. He looked half starved, as though he didn't often eat.

Then, he took a step back, and lifted his wings. But he hesitated, eyes on the kirin.

It was too dangerous to steal from this one. He took another step back, closer to the rocks, but hesitated again. Something kept him here. For some reason, he didn't want to leave.

But why?

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 10:07 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

At the sight of the newcomer creeping from the shadows, the demon raised his blade, black reiatsu swirling along its length like a silky cloud. His golden eyes were narrowed, the scarlet pupils dilated so that they seemed to glow eerily red as he tried to make out exactly who was approaching. If this creature was trying to steal his food, it was making a mistake that would cost it its life.

However, as the new demon moved closer into the dim light, the aura swirling around Zirkath's sword dissipated even as the arm carrying it lowered. A strange look flashed across the demon's face, and though it was gone almost as soon as it had appeared, it was more than he had shown in years.

Zirkath sheathed his sword and took a single step closer, his eyes narrowed; he knew not who this demon was, but for some reason the need to kill him had gone, replaced by the usual emptiness of his mind. For a moment, he eyed the feathered, emaciated creature, then turned back to the kill, pulling out the dagger once more.

With deft hands he butchered the creature, skinning it rapidly and dividing the parts quickly. One of these he wordlessly tossed at the newcomer, unsure why he felt an urge to help the other but compelled to do so anyway.

Then wiping his hands on the same cloth he had used to clean his blade, Zirkath stowed away his dagger and began to string the parts of the carcass on a crude rope fashioned from rawhide. That too, was quickly finished, and the demon turned to look once more at the newcomer, his eyes showing no hint of emotion.

"If you don't want to die, I suggest you come with me," Zirkath growled, before hoisting the strung carcass onto his shoulder and stalking off into the woods, not looking back to see if the other was following.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 9 2016, 10:59 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The demon had drawn back up against the wall, regarding Zirkath warily; the piece of meat struck the ground a few feet away from him, and he waited until the other War demon had turned back around before grabbing it and darting up into a nearby, whitewood tree. There, hidden in the leafless branches, he clawed at the meat and tore at it ravenously, while watching Zirkath as he passed below. Wings folded, he regarded the older demon with some inkling of interest, before disappearing in a flutter of feathered wings.

Silence grew, until wingbeats echoed around him, and the wary, young demon landed some ways away. Though his movements were graceful, his landings were not - he seemed unused to flying, and he stuck to the shadows on the ground, marked only by his softly-glowing eyes. Slowly, he approached.

"You didn't kill me," he murmured. He appeared as ready to flee as a flighty raven. "You... gave me food. Why?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 10 2016, 08:22 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Zirkath had just reached camp when the newcomer landed behind him. The older demon paid him no mind, instead hanging the hide of the kirin to dry and putting the rest of the meat into storage before it could go bad. One chunk he tossed to Alithis, who grasped it in his hind talons and perched to eat it in a nearby tree, keeping a scarlet eye on the two below.

At the scrawny demon's question, Zirkath turned to face the newcomer, his eyes devoid of emotion. For a moment he eyed the winged man. What the demon asked was valid; had it been anyone else, Zirkath would have killed them without hesitation, especially something this weak, so clearly looking to steal food. "I don't know," he replied truthfully; there was something that held the demon back, though he knew not what.

A brief silence followed, in which the demon unsheathed his dagger and began to clean it of the kirin's blood that still stained the dark metal. "If you're still hungry, you can take more; you saw where I put the meat," the demon commented, earning a startled look from his feylizard, who had snapped up his morsel rapidly and come to perch on Zirkath's shoulder.

That seemed to remind the older demon. "This is Alithis, and I'm Kryvoun," he said flatly; no other greeting was offered. "Who are you?"

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 03:31 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The younger demon hesitated, still looking on the verge of flight - he didn't trust anyone or anything, and that was very apparent. It took him a moment to answer, as though he needed to think on what his name might be. "Ramuh," he murmured. "My name is... Ramuh."

Hesitantly, he looked over at the meat, then scanned the camp, looking for warning signs. When he saw none, the demon got to his feet, gaze drawn back to Zirkath. However, in his weakened state, he got up too fast, and a wave of dizziness overcame him, and he stumbled to the ground.

Fear hit him, and he flared his wings and jumped up into one of the larger trees, trembling as he looked quickly back down, claws latched into the thick wood beneath him. He had almost fainted, and what was worse, it was next to a high-class demon that would surely kill him should he sense weakness. But he still felt dizzy, and flinched, briefly closing his eyes. He had to fight through it. If he couldn't, he wouldn't survive...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 16 2016, 09:55 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Ramuh.

The name triggered something inside Zirkath, and he eyed the demon, his eyes swirling with a mixture of shock and confusion; however, the expression was gone in the next second, replaced by the usual void, and it was hard to tell it had ever been there. Without acknowledging that anything had happened--perhaps due to the fact that even he had not noticed it-- Zirkath watched Ramuh head toward the food, only to stumble, nearly fall, and bolt up the nearest tree.

The scrawny demon's flight had not been entirely unexpected, considering his obviously flighty demeanor; had Zirkath been caught off guard, he might have lashed out-- as it was, the armored demon's grip tightened on the dagger he had been sharpening and his eyes glowed dangerously for a moment. However, this too, was gone after a moment's pause, and Zirkath eyed the winged demon in the tree for a moment before heading to the rest of the food.

He grasped a large slab of meat and flung it at the tree, the dagger following it immediately after to impale it to the trunk. "Keep the dagger; you need a weapon," was the golden-horned demon's only comment before he turned away and glanced up at the sky, where the clouds were thickening.

"It's going to rain harder soon; do you know how to build a shelter?"

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 24 2016, 05:03 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Ramuh had flinched, wings half flung up around him for meager protection, when Zirkath flung the dagger up after the chunk of meat; he had fully expected to be hit, and was too weak to even entertain the thought of fighting back. When no such thing happened, he watched the demon with wary confusion, trembling faintly as he fought to catch his breath.

"I-I do," he answered after a moment, voice shaking, though he tried to steady it enough to speak. "Not... very well. But... a little."

Finally, the younger demon reached out and pulled some of the meat from around the dagger, not quite sure if he should try to pull it out just yet. Nibbling on it, he wondered at his fate.

"But," he ventured quietly, "the trees s-south... they're hollow, like caves. I could... take you there..."

...if you're going to keep feeding me.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 12:52 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Zirkath eyed Ramuh for a moment, his red-tinged eyes calculating. To move everything would mean disassembling his camp and rebuilding it where Ramuh suggested; yet it still would be easier than watching the emaciated demon struggle to build something on his own, or even to build a new shelter for him.

"Very well; give me a few moments to break this down and we can head there," Zirkath replied shortly, then turned away to begin gathering his belongings. "Finish eating, and grab the dagger. I'll be ready by then."

The older demon then strode to his tent, leaving Ramuh to eat. He dismantled it within a few seconds, and then disappeared within a swirl of dark energy, tent in hand. Not a second later he reappeared alone, repeating the process a few more times before the camp was cleared and no sign of the demon's stay remained, save for the two demons themselves and the feylizard.

With a chirp, Alithis landed on Zirkath's shoulder and affixed the demon in the tree with his scarlet gaze. "Are you ready?" Zirkath inquired, barely sparing Ramuh a glance before looking at the sky. As if in response, the already-dim light of the bloody moon seemed to flicker. "We have little time to build camp; mind if I take you?"

With that the demon reached out a hand toward his winged companion. Should he accept and tell Zirkath where it was, the three would be pulled into the void and dispelled into the grove of hollow trees.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 04:22 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

If it were anyone else, Ramuh would have taken the dagger he'd finally gotten out of the tree, slashed at the hand and run; but this man, this demon who fed him and promised him shelter and more food... he hesitated. Finally, warily, hesitantly, he reached out and took Zirkath's hand, wings folded tightly in case he flared them on transport.

He had never teleported before, and he had rarely traveled through portals. What would this be like? Was it a trap? Would he die?

Not that he had much choice.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 12:13 AM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

The moment their hands met, Zirkath and Ramuh both were pulled into the pitch blackness of the Void. There, all time and matter seemed to hold still as a heavy, inescapable force seemed to push in on the demons from all sides. Before either could react to it, however, a split second later, the feeling was gone, replaced by a powerful pull away from their bodies, as if the space around them had suddenly expanded, and now was vast and unending.

Just as quickly as they had been pulled into it, the demons and feylizard were dispelled a ways away from where they had started, surrounded by a grove of large trees, many of which were indeed hollow, as if some enormous beast had gouged a hole in their center.

Zirkath stepped away from Ramuh and strode to one of the largest trees, inspecting it after a precursory glance at the sky. Here the storm seemed somewhat further away, though the demon knew it was only a matter of time before it was upon them; thankfully the hollow insides would make it far easier to build a shelter, and the demon would simply keep the rest of his belongings in the Void until the storm had passed.

"This seems to be a better place for shelter than most," Zirkath acknowledged gruffly, glancing at Ramuh. "Pick a tree; I'll work on yours first, since mine will be easier to set up."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 01:34 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

The demon was still on the ground, in a state of bewildered shock. The unique method of travel had completely destroyed the last bit of his resolve; he had experienced less terror under the whip and demands of his old master. Breathing heavily, he flailed his wings and at least got into a sitting position, instead of being on his back. Shaking violently, Ramuh gave Zirkath a crazed look, then looked sharply at the trees, and to the ground.

He couldn't even form words right now. Trembling so violently he felt as though the energy spent would make him pass out, all the raven-winged demon wanted to do was curl up in a ball and hide in his feathers. So upset was he that he didn't notice the clouds begin to swirl, nor the moon disappear. He didn't hear the soft laughter that echoed from every direction, or the glow of the white trees dim...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 02:30 PM
Group Icon

member #310

‣ Female

881 posts

Xikhara

Council
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

414 jaden

Zirkath returned Ramuh's gaze with confusion swirling in the golden depths of his eyes; the demon seemed to be absolutely terrified of something, triggered by the teleport, though what it was Zirkath had no idea. He knew the travel was uncomfortable, but not enough to make someone respond in such a violent manner.

"It takes some time to get used to," the demon offered, though he knew not what else he could say to calm the shaking man--not that it mattered. Suddenly darkness enveloped them all, and even the glow of the trees seemed to lessen, and the younger demon's discomfort was pushed from Zirkath's mind as he looked around for the source of laughter, his swords drawn and held at the ready.

His scarlet pupils dilated until his eyes were glowing red, Zirkath scanned the forest tensely, unable to pinpoint where the sound was coming from. "Show yourself!" he commanded for the second time that day, ready to strike regardless of whether whatever had caused this was hostile.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 12:20 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9311 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

17019 jaden

Ramuh was still in too much shock to react as he might have before; bewildered, he could only helplessly watch as the trees bled black as the moon disappeared, laughter echoing from every direction. Darkness swept over them both in a gust of black wind, knocking Ramuh back to the ground and swirling around Zirkath, up and up and up into the sky until it solidified into the shape of a gargantuan dragoness. Red scales shimmered into being, marked with deep, glowing runes, colored blue as the Felnovian sky. Long ram horns curled around a savage face and a tapered muzzle twisted in a vicious grin.

The air around them grew inexplicably heavy; so heavy it was hard to breathe, hard to move, difficult to think or feel. Ramuh tried to draw his wings up, but could barely move, and had to focus on breathing alone so much was the pressure. "Ah, my beautiful son of War," the dragoness boomed, her voice resonating through both body and soul. "You have been trained well; I have watched you for a very long time. But you are not whole, one who calls himself Kryvoun. You have lost the memories of who you are and what you were, and the importance of your station to me."

Her smile only grew wider. In a flash, she had landed; Ramuh was pushed away with a sweep of her tail, and she coiled around the older demon, purring as the pressure around him lifted away. Then, in a swirl of midnight fire, her divine essence swept into the form of a beautiful woman clothed in shadows, raven-black hair sweeping the ground. Eyes the same icy-blue, she smiled and reached up to take the demon in a deep, bold kiss, trailing her fingers around his horns as she broke it and drew away.

"You will be awakened as Lord of War, Zirkath Shadowsteel." Eyes began to blossom in the darkness; blue eyes of every shade, from the lightest color of ice to the deepest depths of the sea. Neiren's form began to shimmer and fade, and the darkness began to lessen. "Let your memories be restored and your full strength realized; allow the Lordship to take hold of you, and take control of your lands."

And then, she was gone; and they were surrounded by hellwolves.

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (10) 1 2 3 ... Last »

web
statistics