<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->

Cbox

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Land of Tatakai

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

» SHARDS of a broken heart, Blazeh, Hara
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 11:00 AM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #1

‣ Female

9038 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

19619 jaden

Awards: 17

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@Xikhara (Hara)

SETTING: In the silver-grass plains amid jagged shapes of dark stone.

WEATHER: Not unpleasantly cold, but slim clouds cross the moon, and thunder rumbles distantly somewhere.

TIME: One day ahead! Morning

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Ayunaye (Blazeh), Viper (Hara)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 08:27 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9038 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

19619 jaden

It was cold, here; not cold enough to bring the blackfrost to these lands, but cold enough to send most of the smaller lesser demons scurrying for the warmer parts beneath the earth. As it were, small eyes of every color regarded the figure that stumbled through the dark, reaching inquisitive tentacles and tiny clawed fingers towards a gleaming white paw, a bushy, furred tail. Most, upon touch, wriggled back into the shadows from which they came, but some stared after the she-wolf long after she had passed, before delving back down in their holes and out of sight.

What once had been a beautiful she-wolf, a Vystrian-bred female with a coat of blues and whites, was now reduced to a bedraggled mess of matted fur and jutting bones. Her once-graceful steps were wandering and uneven, and her once-glossy fur was caked in mud, blood, and had lost nearly all of its shine. "i h-have to find h-h-him," she muttered every now and again, whispering and whimpering, as she walked aimlessly through dangerous lands. There was no sign of the little bird that once accompanied her, and her violet eyes were half-crazed and delirious.

She was deep in War territory, heading southeast, when she stumbled and fell over a raised root and was sent sprawling down across the floor. The mud hissed as her fur touched it, giving off an acrid scent of charred fur, even as she struggled to get away from it. She barely had the strength to get back to her paws and scramble away, pain eating at her paws and legs. "I'm sorry," she whispered brokenly, as the clouds rolled back across the moon, taking away what little scarlet light there had been. "I have t-to find y-you, no m-matter what..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 03:22 PM

member #310

‣ Female

740 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

14709 jaden

Awards: 6

"Find who?" A deep voice interjected, filled with dark amusement. A massive black hellwolf appeared from the shadows, scarlet markings slashing through his dark fur, and deep blue eyes reflecting the dim light of the moon. He advanced on the scraggly she-wolf, taking in her condition with a sort of twisted enjoyment, and instinctively his tongue flicked over his jaws at the sight.

He had just instructed his pack to spread word of the new demon lord as he had been commanded to do, though Viper intended to do none of the running around himself; there were plenty of lesser wolves that could carry out that task, so he could focus on spending his time more productively... such as looking for little intruders to torment.

"Certainly not someone here," the alpha growled softly, circling the female, drinking in her agony with gleeful pleasure. His tail was held proudly upward, displaying his status to the female--not that it mattered, for hellwolves were far superior to little Vystrians, and War wolves even more so. "This place isn't fit for little girls like you."

"Besides," the dark canine continued, "I don't like wolves intruding on my territory; hellwolf or not." He halted to bend and give her a hard nudge with his snout, drinking in the stench resting in her fur that spoke of suffering. "I could kill you; probably should kill you," he murmured by her ear, grinning. "But I like to play with my food. Let's play a game, girlie. Tell me what you're doing here, and then I'll decide whether I want to feed you... or feed you to my pack."

--------------------
My name is pronounced zik-HAR-ah, but feel free to call me Hara.
My characters and threads can be found in my tracker.
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 05:55 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9038 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

19619 jaden

That nudge was enough to make the she-wolf stumble; she barely noticed him there and flattened her ears on instinct, though her tail hung limp and her head low. Her fur bristled, prickling along her neck and back, and she bared her fangs and gave a weak growl, but it turned into a whimper as she wavered on her paws. "D-Dargan," she hissed, spreading her paws to keep her balance. "He... His... H-His brother. He needs to kn-know. D-D-Dargan's... Dargan's dead..."

Tears suddenly welled in the she-wolf's eyes, and she gave a tortured, piteous cry before taking a step forward and collapsing in the mud. It stung her paws and hissed as it curled her once-silken fur, and she stared at Viper in a mixture of grief and pain. Light shimmered from her tears, and gleamed where they landed, cleansing the tiny spots in which the droplets sank. It took her several moments to regain her feet, and her composure, and even when she did her voice and body shook. Light sparked here and there across her pelt - a strange, healing light, perhaps the only thing that had kept her going in her heavily emaciated state. "D-Dargan was my Vhalen... I was his Vhela. The Myrs... h-he died defending th-them."

Ayunaye wavered. "I must... I m-must tell his brother, a-and his birthpack... o-of his death. I owe... them that m-much. Please, a-allow me to pass, I d-do not... mean any h-harm..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 07:18 PM

member #310

‣ Female

740 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

14709 jaden

"D-D-Dargan," Viper mocked, mimicking her pitiful voice. His laughter echoed around her as he resumed circling her. "Do you think I care about your Dargan? He's probably a weak little runt like you; pity he's not here too, you both could have made a good meal."

The wolf watched her wordlessly for a few more moments, interest caught by the healing light that flickered across her pelt; such was uncommon in this death-ridden country, and he was momentarily distracted. Not distracted enough, however, to miss her next words.

"A Vystrian pack," he smirked, blood-red eyes suddenly locking on her face. "They were always weak. No match for even one of my wolves. But what is this about Vhalen and Vhela?" His ears perked, and his tongue passed over his gleaming fangs again; suddenly the hellwolf looked eager, almost pleased. "Have I got myself a little alphess here? How exciting."

A grin spread over the dark-coated wolf's face as he listened to the she-wolf whimper. "Was Dargan a hellwolf, then? He surely wasn't one of mine... we don't breed weaklings that go to join Vystrian packs... or if we do, we cull them before they can spread their weakness." He chuckled darkly. "You might owe them something, but I owe them nothing, and I sure as hell don't need to let you pass on a message to an enemy pack. You're going nowhere, little girlie."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 10:48 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9038 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

19619 jaden

Shock radiated through the she-wolf; she whimpered and leaned away from the big male, but something inside her was stressed past the breaking point. Sudden, irrational anger enveloped the former Vhela, and she laid her ears back as her lips lifted up to reveal her fangs. How dare this insolent hellwolf insult her Dargan! How dare he!

"You know n-nothing of Dargan or my pack!" she snarled savagely, though her voice broke as hot tears gathered in her eyes. Suddenly, she lunged at him, rage engulfing everything. Light blossomed all around her, flaring brightly, glowing between her teeth, rising like a wave to crash down at him as she snapped at his face. A blast of light shot from her maw, close range, seeking to strike the hellwolf with all the divine power she had left...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 11:18 AM

member #310

‣ Female

740 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

14709 jaden

Viper watched her react to his words with amusement; he had meant to rile her up, for he liked his prey with a little bit of fight in them, and he laughed as she snarled. Her attack was not entirely unexpected, though the alpha had underestimated the strength the she wolf had left-- her lunge managed to singe his fur as he drew out of the way, and his mocking expression flickered momentarily to that of irritation.

"Bitch," he snarled, and lunged at her with the intent of pinning her to the ground. "You're too weak, and so was your little boy; nothing you can do will change that, or the fact that he's dead. Was it your fault that he died? You were too weak to save him, weren't you?" Viper's tongue flicked out, and his teeth snapped close to her ear as his rumbling growl reverberated through his chest. "If I chose an alphess, it would be one I could count on to have my back. Pity for him that he chose a weakling, maybe he would have seen more days."

"But don't think about it too much, girlie, if it hurts your head. I'll just show you exactly why a hellwolf is better than any of the pitiful Vystrian packs. Of course, your Dargan was no better, but there's always runty exceptions."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 11:29 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9038 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

19619 jaden

Missing him hadn't been something that crossed the female's mind; therefore, when she landed, she hit the ground hard and didn't get back up when she skidded to a halt. The light vanished, though there was a sizable crater where the ball of light had landed.

She was out of energy now. Completely and totally. She lay still, breathing heavily, vision lined with black swirls. "You're wrong," she whispered brokenly, hovering somewhere between full consciousness and the blackness of oblivion. The anger still presented itself, and though she could do nothing against him, she flattened her ears and her eyes were filled with anger and . "He w-was more... o-of an a-alpha th-than a-any of y-your hellwolves... m-more than you..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 11:46 AM

member #310

‣ Female

740 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

14709 jaden

"Really?" Viper hissed, "Because he sounds pretty dead to me, and the rest of us are still alive. Pitiful as it is, perhaps you're better than him too, seeing as you're still here. We hold ourselves to better standards than your lot does. It's kill or be killed here, and if he was killed, then he's no better than the prey we eat."

"Prey," the hellwolf added, smirking, "like yourself. Although I'm not going to eat you, girlie, certainly not. But I don't have an alphess yet, and I certainly do need fresh blood in my pack."

The hellwolf bent closer to the semiconscious she-wolf, and placed a heavy paw behing her neck, nipping at her ear. "You're going to give me some pups, bitch. And if they're as weak as you, then you'll watch my pack tear them apart."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Feb 15 2017, 01:53 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9038 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

19619 jaden

The she-wolf was too exhausted to even lift her head. She struggled feebly to push herself away from him, but felt as though she couldn't get enough oxygen; the snarl she wanted to spit at him came out as a strangled whisper, and she stilled, ears flat and paws weakly flexing blunt claws into the soft soil. "N-No," she whispered, struggling to stay conscious. She should have been furious that he even suggested the thing - to have pups with this male was... disgusting. More than disgusting! He was a brute, a terrible, horrible creature that insulted her Dargan... but she couldn't do anything about it.

Ayunaye whimpered again and struggled to get as far away from him as she could, but he was too strong, and his paw at her nape was like a mountain for all she moved. You wouldn't last a second against the Summoning, she wanted to scream at him. You wouldn't survive. You would be the one called prey... not Dargan! Not him!

But all she could do was struggle to breathe, and fight to stay conscious. Her energy was gone, her powers spent. There was no way, in any world, she could summon the strength to get away from him. It was as impossible as trying to live at the bottom of the sea.

Cirrus, please, help me...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 03:54 PM

member #310

‣ Female

740 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

14709 jaden

Viper laughed at her weakness, thoroughly enjoying the anger he saw in the she-wolf, and the pain he was inflicting upon her already-fragile form. "I don't think you get a say in this, bitch."

He shifted his position over her and leaned down, grasping her scruff in enormous jaws, careful not to inject her with the venom from his fangs; he wanted her alive, and there would certainly be time for that once he was finished.

~~~

Viper licked his chops with a satisfied smirk on his face, breathing like he had just returned from a hunt. He shook himself and stepped a few paces away from Ayunaye, trusting her weak state to keep her in one place while he stretched and lapped the refreshing scarlet liquid pooled between the roots of a nearby tree.

Once sated, the canine returned to the she-wolf and nudged her sharply with a massive paw, his expression already turning to irritation. "Get up, Vhela. You're coming with me."

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 11:55 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9038 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

19619 jaden

Ayunaye had tried to fight him and failed. She had struggled to throw him off, tried to bite him, even cry for help... But nothing worked. Nobody came. She was subjected to his whims for long enough that she gave up fighting, and had curled into a loose, sobbing ball when he had finished.

She made no move to do anything when he spoke; so exhausted was she, so broken, she could barely curl into a tighter ball, one paw over her eyes. She wanted to yell at him, to snarl, to rip open his face. The she wolf felt hatred burn inside of her, an alien, unknown feeling, but had no strength to act upon it.

In truth, if she bore him pups... She had to get away. Before they were born, if he kept her alive until then. If his seed grew in her now, then she had something else to protect, something to fight for, and that was the only reason she finally lifted her head, as hard as the movement was.

"Y-You monster," she whispered, ears flat. She tried to push herself up and slid in the acidic mud, not even feeling as it burned her paws and legs anymore. But no matter her trying, she was too weak, too frail, to rise. She sank back down, breathing shallow and labored. "You w-wretched thing..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 10:00 PM

member #310

‣ Female

740 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

14709 jaden

Viper laughed at Yuna's weak words; if this she-wolf thought the feeble words were insults, she was sorely mistaken.

"Yes, yes," he responded mildly, voice filled with amusement. "And you're still a weak little bitch that I could feed to my pack if I want to. Now I'm going to take you to where I live. If you fight... well, I wouldn't say no to a second round, would you?"

The hellwolf lifted his paw, as if to shove her again; however, after a moment, he thought better of it and instead raised it to clean his serrated claws of the blood and dirt caught between them. He seemed to be deep in thought, eyeing the azure wolf speculatively.

A few more seconds passed, then the alpha lifted his muzzle and let loose a series of strange, barking sort of howls, none of which seemed to carry very far; however very quickly they were answered by other barks, and soon the rustling of approaching pawsteps was audible.

Viper froze, waiting for something-- the moment the wolves burst out of the brush, the hellwolf leaped, pinning one to the ground and snapping his teeth a hair away from the canine's throat. "Too easy to predict, too easy to kill," the alpha snarled, fangs bared, and the hellwolf under him yelped.

"S-sorry Viper; it won't happen again!"

"It better not," the dark-coated male growled, glaring at the second hellwolf, this one a female, that had accompanied the first. "I've a task for you," he continued, jerking his head toward Ayunaye. "Pick her up and bring her to my den."

"A Vystrian, Viper? Surely you can do better," the she-wolf growled, eyeing the former Vhela with obvious contempt. "Her pups will be weak. Best kill her now and feed the pack."

"You'll do as I say," the alpha snarled, leaving no room for argument, and the female said no more, instead approaching Yuna with distaste visible in her gaze.

"Well, you heard the boss," the she-wolf muttered. "Get up, or are we going to have to drag you all the way?"

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
Verridith
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 11:36 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9038 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

19619 jaden

But from the she-wolf, there came no response. Exhaustion and weakness had finally taken their toll on the once-proud female, and Ayunaye lay still as death, eyes closed and sides rising and falling with slow, shallow breaths. From one of the white trees nearby, a shadow lurked; a large, ratty black vulture, who shuffled its wings and took off after only a moment.

Her sleep was undisturbed even by nightmare; a slumber drained of any and all energy, so much that her life's flame flickered feebly, caressed by the cold winds of death. That fire inside of her burned very low, then; for how could she survive now, trapped by this horrible hellwolf?

The vulture overhead gave an ugly, spine-crawling hiss, circling once before winging away. Its master would enjoy hearing news of the beautiful granddaughter of Cirrus in such a devastated state... he would reward the vulture well, very well indeed.

Any news of the line of Cirrus suffering was good news to one who hated so...

--------------------
user posted image
^
Xikhara
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 03:30 PM

member #310

‣ Female

740 posts

Xikhara

Loremaster
Queen Lightstalker

☆ Offline

14709 jaden

The she-wolf growled in obvious irritation at the former Vhela's lack of response. "She's as good as dead. Why're you wasting our time and effort on this bag of bones?" she snarled at Viper. "Let me tear her throat out right now and be done with it."

Viper was on top of her before she knew it, his fangs not an inch from her throat. "Or how about you quit questioning me, Lianna, and do as I command? Otherwise you might find my fangs in your pretty little throat."

He let her up, and though her eyes shot daggers toward her alpha, the hellwolf said no more and instead grabbed the comatose she-wolf by the scruff of her neck.

The male that Viper had pinned earlier stepped forward to help, supporting Ayunaye's hindquarters with his shoulders, and they glanced at Viper, waiting for his direction.

"To my den," the dark-coated wolf commanded. "Our new Lord doesn't seem like he'd be too interested in things like this. Pity."

It took a few minutes to reach the alpha's residence; an outcropping of rock half-concealed the entrance into a little cave that widened after a short tunnel, and the cavern was lit inside by a small flame that emitted no smoke or odor flickering in the corner.

"Leave us," the alpha finally said, and the two hellwolves dropped the Vystrian between them and turned tail without a second glance.

Left alone with the still form of the she wolf, Viper sniffed her body with disdain. Perhaps Lianna had been right, and he should have let her die... but that was in the past now. For now, he'd let her live, and if she turned out to bear him weak pups, he'd kill them before he killed her.

With a snort, the hellwolf dragged over the carcass of half of a kirin in front of Yuna, then nudged her with a jolt of energy; hopefully that would be enough for her to get her ass up to eat.

--------------------
-blazeh was here x2-
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last »

web
statistics