<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
Discord Embed

If Discord/Titan is down, use the emergency cbox instead!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Empire of Halgia

» dragon's hidden sun, Blazeh, YOU

DM me on Discord before hopping in! I have a general idea of where I want this thread to go <3

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith

SETTING: Lost Light Forest on the southern edge of Halgia.

WEATHER: A large and ferocious magestorm brews across the sky, sending sheets of energy-rain down upon the water. Though it hasn't reached land yet, it soon will. Multicolored fog crawls across the water, crackling with untamed magic.

TIME: 1 week head! Evening.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Atticus, Arctus (Blazeh)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^

It'd been some time before they had been able to stand beneath the trees together again. Turmoil had gripped Umbra after a Beast had killed several dragons and their riders - the Black Knights were still nursing their wounds, even as Valkyries swung closer than was comfortable, through the center of Lost Light Forest. It had been difficult to arrange a meeting under such circumstances, where none could find them from light or dark.

Arctus was a Black Knight of Umbra; a dragonrider who donned the black armor and rode a dark dragon, fighting for the Fallen Halgians whom he had been with since birth. Atticus was a Halgian, a disenchanter from Illus-Adamar - no warrior, not in the slightest. The two were incredibly different, and yet for years they had been the best of friends, even if their respective peoples might not agree with such a friendship.

"I don't see how they'll be able to miss us for too much longer," Arctus was saying. He was taller than his friend by a few inches, with silvery blue eyes and black hair shaved on either side, though long in the back. He wore thick black armor, with a deep blue gem in the breastplate, matching two smaller ones on each bracer and greave - protective charms against the magestorms, so that moving through their ferocity would not affect and change him. He wore no jewelry, and had only a large broadsword at his back, as well as several small pouches around his belt. Standing with his arms crossed, he looked down at his companion, expression grim.

Atticus shook his head. He sat crosslegged on the ground, hands clasped in front of him. "I've been trying to divert their attention, but the Valkyries have stopped paying attention to me. And Zenobia has been too busy to talk to in private." He sighed. "Alaric is a strong leader, I know. But are Umbra's protections enough? The Valkyries have been growing stronger and more numerous, of late. I fear soon, they may act even without the instruction of our Empress."

He was thinner and leaner than his older Fallen friend. Atticus wore divine metal armor, blessed white, with gemstones to protect him much like Arctus', shimmering with reflections of the chaotic, colorful storms that crashed down upon the sea and raged in the skies. A winged helm sat beside him, and no weapon he carried, save for a small dagger on his belt. His hair was a light gold and thickly braided, and his eyes a shade lighter than Arctus'. The young man wore golden earrings and a slender necklace, and when he looked up, he played with a ring on one finger nervously.

Two horses stood tethered underneath the dark, twisted trees, looking around nervously; one was a celestial warhorse with a pelt of midnight blue and a mane and tail of white, eyes and hooves of the same color, back and chest speckled in silver. The other was a middling cross, a grey horse who was old enough to be purely white, though dark eyes swirled a deep, intelligent brown. Both war tack that had the same protective gems on them, and each gelding flicked their ears back as thunder rumbled overhead.

The storms had yet to touch down here today; clouds had intermixed with the violent churning of twisted magic overhead, its array of endlessly-changing colors swirling inside the dark gray like spirits in a scrying orb. Over the ocean, visible from the forest's edge, curtains of color rained down upon the distant water, like rainbows warped into unnatural, falling fire. A lightning bolt, bright crimson, shot through the evening sky to the far, far south; it caught Arctus' brief attention, before he looked back away.

With a sigh, he rested a hand on the mottled wood of the nearest tree, eyes wandering into the depths of the forest. It was hard to traverse the Lost Light; even for those used to it. So closely the trees grew that paths through needed to be carefully maintained, lest the overabundant undergrowth and ever-growing branches sealed the way forever. The canopy was thick and dense, leaves so dark a green they were black, and one could only see so far for lack of light.

"We'll find a way," Arctus said quietly. "We have to. Thank you for telling me, Atti; you risked everything for this news. I'm sure Highlord Alaric will be pleased to know..." He shrugged then. "Or at least if not pleased, content that we have more information than we did."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^

Running. Fleeing. Escaping. It was a constant of her life. But this fateful eve, the things Noe were running from were imminent, tangible, and on her heels.

Gasping for breath, the cloaked and masked, girl with the lavender dragon scales ran as fast as she could, like a blur as she ran through the Lostlight forest like a streak. But given her diminuitive 5’1 form and the nature of her predator, she simply was not fast enough. A sabretoothed deathcat was closing in on the young dragonness girl.

Reiatsu gathered into her fingertips, as she unleashed a stray stream of lightning - streaking past and barely grazing the lion’s face - causing it to back a few steps - the streak blazed between the trees and struck a tree trunk near the two halgians, setting it ablaze. The rain, even infused with reiatsu, still managed to put out the blaze quickly enough.

The girl collapsed to all fours - the gashes on her arms and side had bled far too much, and she was out of breath - that stream of lightning, while impressive, was all she had. Her breathing was labored, as she rested on her front. The deathcat - not free of wounds itself, was insistent on getting what it came for. It prepared to pounce.

--------------------
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: