by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...
Forum Rules Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Stroen'na

Add Reply

dreamseen, tag; bucketorandomness, birb
PLAYERS INVOLVED: @Bucketorandomness @Birb

SETTING: Outside of Firhos, Stroen'na

WEATHER: Clear skies

TIME: Alu, the 33rd of Meiva; 13030
Dusk
Autumn

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Voesi (Birb), Hamid (Bucketorandomness)

This post has been edited by Birb: Jun 5 2018, 11:23 AM

--------------------
Characters:
|| Voesi || KAETIEL || KISIVRA ||
^
Hamid

This street corner seemed to work pretty well. Plenty of foot traffic going home, and a few of them looked like they could spare some coin. The small Avian set down a bowl and a sign that read "Search Fund" in messy writing. That set up, he started juggling his knives, tossing one high in the air while the other twirled in his hand. His wings were pressed tight to him to be polite to other passersby, but he didn't forego an embellished twirl or two during his performance. It had been ages since he had been here. He'd left so many years ago. At least now he could defend himself with his knives. "Mother, father, neighbor, werebeast," he muttered to the rhythm of his knives, keeping his attention focused on the blades, his tossing motions, the way the setting sun glinted off them, how they felt in his hand. Really, anything to keep from wandering away and dropping the knives he had grown accustomed to. His bright patch work of a robe fluttered around his ankles as he spun again, bright blue hair and wrapped wrists flying in counterpoint to the occasional coin as it landed in his small bowl.

--------------------
Hamid || Cofae [open] || Borris
user posted image *Sculpted by Dragons and Beasties
^
Voesi

"I need apples... no ... ah. what was it... Bread? No, yes. Bread." Voesi muttered under his breath, traversing the city streets of Firhos. The streets were still crowded, as usual, everybody leaving the markets and returning home for the night, but the air was different. With the outbreak of chaos in the Realm following the breaking of the Royal Bond, the tremors that had started underneath their feet were making many denizens of the floating islands of Stroen'na extra nervous. The tone of the chatter was less jovial and more serious - instead of talking about the nice sunny weather Firhos had been having lately, there was talk of the unknown and what the shifting of earth under their feet could possibly mean.

Voesi looked up to pass what he assumed was a beggar, until he actually got a good look at him, only to realize it was one of those corner street performers plying their trade for quick coin. A knife juggler. He smiled absently a little bit as he muttered an 'excuse me' before he stopped, his apology dying on his lips like an exhalation of breath than any discernible sound. He stared hard at the other Ceis' face and his mind whirled trying to understand what he was seeing.

That wasn't possible...

@Bucketorandomness

This post has been edited by Birb: Jun 5 2018, 08:12 PM

--------------------
Characters:
^
Hamid

The Ceis felt eyes on him and quickly caught his blade before he cut himself. Again. The other Avian was slightly taller than him, which wasn't unusual. He shuffled his wings a bit, focused on the bowl at his feet. It was a nice bowl. Well carved and sturdy. The sign? Right! He looked back up at the too-close Avian before him. "Got any jaden to spare?" he asked. His eyes didn't quite reach the other's face as he shuffled his wings again. Something itched on his wrist, so he looked at that. Oh. The wrist wrap was tight again. He worked a finger under the wrap and began to loosen it, letting his attention wander. He had been doing something. Right! The jaden. This guy's stare was kind of intimidating, if he had to say anything. Hamid looked at the other avian's feet, then his robes that definitely weren't held together with patches. "Who are you? I don't think I've seen--The weather's nice. Um," Hamid stumbled. Why did he just sit there and stare at him? His weight shifted from foot to foot as more people walked by. Snatches of conversation drifted by, all too serious to be any fun. It was a familiar accent, too, so there wasn't even anything to imitate.

--------------------
^

Voesi

The awkward manner of the other man pulled Voesi's eyes away from staring at him. He blinked once or twice and shook his head slightly, a wry smile pulling at the corners of his lips as he looked at the other with a slightly sheepish look. He leaned down just enough to look down at his satchel hanging off his hip and fish around for a jaden. "Ah, here, look. I have one silver. You... should have it." Voesi replied, placing the silver in the other's hand.

"Ah, no, I appologize for staring. My name is Voesi, like... the painter?" he said, the word painter ended with a slight lift, like he was hinting at a question. He didn't expect anybody knew him outside of Firhos, but people who lived here did.

"I just..." he squinted at the other thing, like he was trying to preordain the other's reaction to what he was about to say. He felt like there was nothing else to do but just say it, so he just let the statement hang in the air.

"I've seen you before. In a dream." he finished, acutely aware that there was several ways that could be taken. It sounded either like an incredibly corny pick up line, or something an insane person would say.

This post has been edited by Birb: Jun 6 2018, 10:57 AM

--------------------
Characters:
^
Hamid

Hamid watched the other avian as they looked through their bag. In his opinion, they weren't all that bad-looking. He looked down at the silver as it landed in his bowl.

"Thanks," he said, "though I don't think I've ever been hit on by a guy. I wouldn't be opposed to, I mean--Thanks. It really helps." He twirled one knife in his hand and made it disappear into his sheath. Wait, paintings?

"You paint?" he asked. Before the other bird could respond, he continued, "That must be cool, having your art thing. I'm looking for. Parents. Those. How bad have the earthquakes been recently?" He rocked from the balls of his feet to his heels and back again. He should be doing something. A glance down at his feet. One more look at his sign. Right. Maybe he should start looking for a place to rest? It was starting to get dark out.

"Hey, know anywhere I can roost for the night?" he asked his companion, completely forgetting the other questions he had already asked the poor man. The sun's shadows held a kind of chill. He looked at the edge of the shadows. They were so crisp out here.

"Your wings are pretty," he said, mainly to himself. He spun around and grabbed his sign and bowl. A few jaden, at least. Hopefully he wouldn't have to spend it tonight. Of course, food would be nice. His stomach rumbled a little as he turned back to the other Ceis and tilted his head slightly, wings shuffling slightly.

--------------------
^
PLOT RANDOM EVENT!
user posted image
ENERGY STORM!

Oh no! An energy storm of visible power has stricken the area in which your characters are located in! It can be as big or as little as you want, and can have any effect, just remember to make it happen!

You have 5 posts to work this plot event into your thread! Thank you!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^

Voesi

Voesi's eyes widened a little bit, clearly uncomfortable. He had hoped the other had not taken it that way, but alas, he had. Awkward. "Oh.. no. I wasn't- I didn't mean to hit on you. Not that... you are not attractive, just because... I didn't... I don't. Ah, hm." he apologized, ending in a murmur and clearing his throat with a cough.

He sighed softly and inhaled, composing himself and smiling, somewhat awkwardly, at the other. His eyes met the others to try and be more normal about it. "Yes, I paint. You are not from around here? Who are your parents?" he asked, shifting the strap of his satchel of groceries from his shoulders. They were starting to get heavy, but then again Voesi wasn't the strongest Ceis.

"Oh uhh... there is a...." he paused, brow furrowed as he tried to remember what he was trying to say. "An inn, yes. There is an inn at the end of the marketplace. The Roosted Pig." he finished, rubbing his temple briefly as he tried in vain to make the dull headache go away.

"I'll show you if you'd like." he offered, trying to change the subject on the compliment about his wings. He didn't want the other to think he was a obligated to compliment his appearance. Voesi let the other pack up his things before he headed in the direction of the inn. Sure enough, there was a sign hanging over a cornerstone door, to the entrance to the Roosted Pig. It was clearly a play on words, seeing as the sign had not a 'roasted' pig, but a pig with wings, sitting on a branch.

Just then, and without warning, the top of the roof of the inn burst out and downwards into the crowd on the streets. It more crumbled into dust than anything, but another explosion from a different building increased the overall confusion and panic. A bolt of harsh blue formless energy crashed into a window overhead, shattering it and blowing the contents of the room out the other side.

As soon as the first strike happened, Voesi had ducked, grabbing the shoulder of his temporary companion and yanking him down with him. By now, the crowd had started running in random directions in a panic as energy rained down around them. And by "rained", he saw sideways bolts and bolts that looped, so really it was just chaos.

This post has been edited by Birb: Jun 13 2018, 11:44 AM

--------------------
Characters:
^
Hamid

Hamid happily followed his companion down the road. He ignored the other's apparent unease and paused randomly to look at semi-familiar buildings whose storefronts had changed since he'd been here. "Sara and Ben," he blurted. Those were common enough names, right? He could use those, and he wouldn't have to tell this new companion that he didn't remember their names.

"I don't remember," he heard himself say cheerily. Well, so much for not telling. "They were always just Mom and Dad, ya'know? Lived out in the country. Great trees out there. You ever climbed a really great tree?" Hamid continued their amiable walk until they reached the inn. The sign was freshly painted, and he giggled at the depiction of the pig with wings. Looked like this was a good establishment. Also looked like it would charge a bit for a night.

The exploding put Hamid in a bit of a confused state. As the other pulled him down, he instinctively covered his head with his arms and wings. A flash of almost white blue blinded him temporarily, and he might have screeched something in Lizzarkythian that sounded almost like "Kuritar." People continued to run in random directions, and he jumped away from a frantic pair of feet that would have run him over.

"Earthquakes, yes. Storms?"[b] Hamid gripped his companion's arm and glanced around. [b]"No!" He started to run away from a hopefully localized storm, planning to drag the poor Avian with him and out of danger. Danger. Werebeasts. Needles. Thread. "This way," he called over the sudden din of noise. People ran in random directions, and he aimed himself toward the next lane with the least number of people in it.

--------------------
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply