<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
Discord Embed

If Discord/Titan is down, use the emergency cbox instead!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Vystriana

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

» SOUL SEARING, Blazeh, Fyfer

PLAYERS INVOLVED:
@Verridith (Blazeh)
@Fyfergrund (Fyfer)

SETTING: In a camp somewhere outside Covahold.

WEATHER: Sunny and warm.

TIME: Current! Evening.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED:
Kaiba, Rina (Blazeh), Furzol (Fyfer)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^

anAthur Day n and daddy hasnt come bak back yet. lerning to write stuff, ry Rina is teckin teachIng me. hAd me stARt a dairy. sTill hafing trubel trouble but she is heLPing me.

The little boy looked up at a all drowess that sat beside him with a quill of her own; he gave a small, hesitant smile, and she smiled back (though he could swear she looked more than a little exasperated... oops). "You're getting better," she said, setting her quill down. The woman wore a unique leather dress that allowed for free movement and greater protection - very handy, for one such as her... with no real task but what her own wishes and desires were, she was a free-roamer, and did what she wanted, wherever she might be. However, she had been traveling with the boy and his musical mentor for some time now, and had only recently began to help with his non-bardic education.

For all Ram'r's good qualities, in all of the months spent running... Kaiba's schoolwork had severely fallen. "Alright, well," she said, patting his head and rising. "Furry'll be back soon, I'm sure. I'm gonna go outside and start on some dinner, pick back up that fire. If you come outside, make sure you take your cloak - it's very cold."

He nodded, and the drowess grabbed her bladebow and pushed through the flap outside, glancing around before approaching the fire pit. Sitting down beside it with a fwump, she tossed a few dead branches in and some pine needles, then shot a small bolt into the middle of them with a faint crackle. The dry needles caught quickly, and a small fire curled into life, as she poked it with a larger stick.

She was angry. Very, very angry. They weren't moving fast at all - they hadn't for a year. Ram'r was out there, somewhere, and they had no idea of even where to start looking, let alone how to save him. By now, he could even be dead...

No. He wasn't. Most likely, they would keep trying to get information out of him. If that didn't work, they'd keep him as a tool. He was a friend of the Queen's, so they wouldn't be rid of him.

Would they?

She sighed, breaking the larger stick in half and tossing it into the growing fire. "Goddammit," she muttered. "Fucking Faction pigs..."

--------------------
user posted image
^

The monkey xeriin pulled his cloak tighter about him as he trudged back towards the camp. A whole year, and nothing. Rumors a plenty, but nothing solid. And no leads to go on. Whatever the Faction had done with Ram'r, they'd done an exceptional job of making him disappear. And, despite Furzol's connections, which admittedly consisted of mainly fellow bards and various tavern keepers, there was still nothing to go on.

Kaiba, at least, was doing well. He remained optimistic, and despite some slow progress, he was learning his letters well enough. He was doing rather better learning his music, something which pleased the bard to no small extent, although he kept just how pleased he was to himself. Without knowing how to read and write, the boy would only get so far as a bard.

As he walked towards the camp, he frowned in thought. Reluctantly, he began to consider the possibility of seeking help from a source he'd resolved over a hundred years ago never to have anything to do with. Some things, some people, were just trouble. But they were running out of options.

He got close enough to the camp in time to just barely catch Rina's soft comment, and he smirked a bit. "That's a sentiment I share whole-heartedly," he stated as he approached, and sat down close to the fire, holding out his feet towards the fire. Even in the cold, he rarely wore foot coverings of any kind. Hand-like as they were, shoes didn't fit him, and most gloves wore to tatters in a short time.

"It might be time to consider options that we'd never think to under normal circumstances," he mused, flexing his feet and rubbing them together.
^

The dark elf had begun moving sticks around the fire as they burned, with another, thin stick, scowling into the flames. Then, she snorted and gave the monkey xeriin a look, tossing the stick aside.

"Like who?" she asked, somewhat angrily. "The Faction itself? Yeah, that'd fly."

--------------------
user posted image
^

Furzol snorted, and held his hands out towards the fire. "I'd just as soon kiss a kelpie. But were we not at odds with the Faction, with all they stand for, I wouldn't even be considering this."

He sighed, and leaned back a bit, pulling an engraved disc carved from a fire opal from within his tunic. He gazed at it for a moment, then shook his head. he'd been tempted several times to get rid of it, but he'd always held back, reasoning that discarding such a potentially powerful, influential ally, loose as they term may be, would be foolish.

"There's someone who might be able to help us. Might be, if we can convince him to take an interest. The problem is if he does, getting free of him might be next to impossible. But, if he does agree to help us, we would stand a far better chance of finding out where Ram'r is than if we continue as we have been."
^

"Well, spit it out on who he is," Rina finally snapped. She pointed at the fire with a burning stick. "You keep dancing around the goddamn bush and I'm gonna use you as firewood."

--------------------
user posted image
^

Furzol leaned back, raising an eyebrow as Rina snapped at him. Then he snorted lightly, grinning wryly. "Sorry. Guess I've gotten too long to drawing things out to better captivate an audience," he mused, glancing back down at the fire opal disc.

"Does the name Fulvous mean anything to you? Well, whether it does or not, he's obscenely rich, has informants everywhere across the Realms, and mainly cares only about pleasing himself. Fortunately for us, conspiring against people like the Faction is something he enjoys. Unfortunately, he's prone to demanding service in exchange for his help."

"If we go to him, we may get Ram'r back, but in exchange, we might be beholden to Fulvous for years to come," he sighed, resting his head on his knuckles as he leaned forward and gazed into the fire.
^

"Not a clue," Rina remarked snidely. "What is this Fulvous? Some pompous human sitting on too much wealth? I used to steal from guys like him, you know." She smirked. "He becomes trouble, I'll stick a bolt in his brain. Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last. But if he helps us find Ram'r, I say go for it."

--------------------
user posted image
^

Furzol couldn't help but chuckle at Rina's words. "Well, he certainly looks the part, but if he's a human, he's discovered some way to live a lot longer than humans usually do. Be that as it may, and while I hope things don't get that bad, I've never known anyone to keep being trouble with an arrow in their head," he commented.

He didn't condone murder, and as a general rule he didn't agree with thievery, but there were times when desperate measures were necessary. "Well, like I said, he may or may not decide to help us, but we won't know until we've asked him. With any luck, he'll be here on Felnova. But, if he isn't, we should be able to find out where he is easily enough."
^

Rina got up abruptly, grumbling something intelligible, before brushing the dirt off of her half-dress and scowling at Furzhol. "Well?" she snapped. "We're not gonna get anywhere any faster if we sit here any longer, aye? Let's find this dumbass and squeeze him for info."

Without another word, she stalked off to the tent, worry twisting knots into her stomach. She hid her worry with anger, as always... but she was having a difficult time keeping the mask in place. Some small part of her wanted to hide from the others and cry, but that thought only made her angrier.

Which, of course, helped keep the facade in place.

"Kaiba!" she snarled. "Come on out, and gather your things. We're leaving."

--------------------
user posted image
^

A wry grin crossed the bard's face as Rina snapped at him and surged into action. Naturally, just as he'd gotten his feet warm again, she wanted to get moving. His grin faded as he got to his feet. He really couldn't blame her. After all this time, and still no word on Ram'r, it was little wonder she was worried. She usually managed to hide it, but given the situation, and the occasional slip in the mask of anger she wore, it was clear.

He began to whistle a traveling tune as he began packing up the camp, undaunted by her outburst. Privately, he hoped that Fulvous would be in a good mood, and that Rina wouldn't say or do something...foolish. Fulvous was their best shot at finding Ram'r.
^

They made decent time. In less than an hour, their possessions were packed and the camp destroyed, with little more than a blackened pile of wet rocks to mark where the fire had been. Holding a bag somewhat irritatedly, Rina watched as Kaiba slipped his knapsack over his shoulders and gave a thumbs up to both her and Furzol, looking truly hopeful for the first time in...

The drowish woman paused. Well, ages, really - the boy often looked depressed, despite his better intentions. It was good to see him hopeful again.

Hopefully, that feeling wouldn't be dashed.

"Alright, let's be off," she said, giving the monkey xeriin a meaningful glance. But the nervous energy couldn't completely be hidden in her voice, and she was as taught as a drawn bowstring. "Where is this Fulvous, if you don't mind me asking? And how do we get there?"

--------------------
user posted image
^

Furzol returned Kaiba's thumbs-up with a grin and one of his own as he adjusted his own haversack. It was a welcome change to see the boy looking so hopeful. As Rina spoke, he nodded, and set off southward.

"With any luck, like I said, he'll be here on Felnova, in his palace which, luckily for us, isn't too far away. It's on an island north of Vanim, so if we head south, that should take us right to it. If he's not on Felnova, his people at the palace will know where he is."

^

Rina stopped abruptly. Then, she made a sound and shook her head, before drawing her bowblade and sticking it in the ground. "I am about done with walking, and from here to Vanim is not what I had in mind," she muttered. "It'd be much easier to fly, would it not? You still haven't met Rinarys."

Suddenly, the weapon shimmered and flared - the light grew brighter and brighter, then reshaped into the form of a large gryphon, solidifying into a creature with white fur speckled in crimson rosettes. He inclined his head, ears flicking, with an amused smirk. "This is Rys. You two wanna hop on and let's get there fast as lightning, eh?"

--------------------
user posted image
^

Furzol glanced back over his shoulder, raising an eyebrow as Rina stopped, apparently refusing to walk another step. But before he could say anything, she suggested an alternative. an alternative the bard was definitely willing to take her up on.

Both brows rose as the bladebow shifted shape, taking on the form of a gryphon. Impressed, he returned the gryphon's nod, eyes twinkling, before abruptly vaulting atop the gryphon's back before reaching out a hand towards Kaiba.

"Come along, Kai. Let's be off, shall we?" he invited.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »