<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
Discord Embed

If Discord/Titan is down, use the emergency cbox instead!

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Shi'vrann'aeli

» Heart Of Fire, Open Thread
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 12:34 PM
Group Icon
Member Inventory: View

member #255

‣ Male

1130 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

17519 jaden

Awards: 7

PLAYERS INVOLVED: (Fyfergrund, OPEN)

SETTING: The border between the Blackdrake Range and Heartwood Forest.

WEATHER: Clear skies, calm, cool.

TIME: Three days past current day, morning.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Fyrendrang (Fyfer), OPEN
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 01:06 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1130 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

17519 jaden

Mighty wings beat at the cold air as the ancient dragon returned to Shi'vrann'aeli for the first time in a very long time. How long had it been since he had seen Heartwood? Or soared above the Blackdrake Range? He couldn't remember. Nor could he remember how long it had been when last he left Driakkion's borders, just that it had been a foray into Halgia.

Powerful muscles flexed beneath thick rough scales as he settled to the ground, the heat of his body keeping the chill in the air at bay. Keen, fierce, golden eyes, still sharp despite his great age, regarded the land around him as he briefly wondered if the people of this land still remembered him, and still knew how foolish it was to risk his wrath.

For a moment, his eyes lost their focus as age-old memories surfaced. His mighty wings had beat the air in a fury, his scales thwarting the weapons of his foes as he unleashed his fiery wrath upon them. Cities had burned, walls had been broken, armies laid low. Not for nothing was his wrath greatly feared. He blinked in sudden bemusement as his memories blurred. What had provoked his rage? He snorted in irritation, the air wavering wit the heat of his breath, and dismissed the thought from his mind.

He stalked along the edge of the forest, aware that he would be impossible to miss, and completely unconcerned. If anyone was foolish enough to attack him, then he would be quite happy to show them why that would be a mistake. In fact, he would almost welcome the chance. He had come to Shi'vrann'aeli for a change of pace, after all. He still remembered that much, at least.
^
Yrswil
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 03:42 PM

member #0

0 posts

Yrswil

Unregistered

jaden

It had been a while since Yrswil had seen another dragon, in fact, he had begun to actively avoid such an occurrence. Since the death of his father, the young dragon had gradually distanced himself more and more from the Vystrian Kingdom. After a few months of this, he eventually decided to simply walk out of the country. Since that day, Yrswil skated between the least populated areas he could find. Occasionally taking up some local cause for a short while before wandering off again. This wandering path lead him here... A mostly quiet forest that had ample game to hunt and access to civilized dragons so that he may acquire the occasional luxury items. He had just returned to his woodland hideout when a flash of red caught his eye.

The ancient red was not wrong abut his assumption that he would not go unnoticed. Yrswil's hazel eyes had been locked onto him. He hunkered down and used his earthy colors to hide his presence. The fur covered dragon eyed the huge red as he drew closer to the woodlands that concealed Yrswil. The young dragon wasn't going to take any chance of the red stumbling onto his hiding spot. Contact would be made on his terms, where he would at least have the advantage of having time to examine his foe before a potential engagement. He carefully crept through the woods from below, his padded paws making little noise apart from the occasional crunching of leaves or snapping of twigs. By the time the red had landed, Yrswil had gone silent, flattened against the forest floor just close enough that he could eye up Fyrendrang through the brush.

The red was certainly a massive one; much larger than Yrswil for sure. More than likely a dragon of many years. A more rational mind would have approached with more caution, but the presence of another dragon on what he now considered his own turf certainly had him irked. Once he was confident he knew all he needed to know, Yrswil callously broke cover, squeezing between the few trees that separated the two dragons. He quickly reconsidered appearing aggressive outright... The size difference between them making him question his ability for now. Though... if push came to shove, he was more than ready to fight.

"Eh? A new dragon about... Well then, I should welcome you to my humble abode. It is certainly unfortunate... I was hoping I had finally gotten away from the rest of dragonkind here. Bad enough I have to trade with those mountain clans," he said, trying his best to suppress the annoyance while maintaining a confident stance... And placing a special emphasis on the word, my, when it came out."
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 05:28 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1130 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

17519 jaden

Fyrendrang was completely unaware that another dragon was nearby, let alone stalking through the trees. As he strode along, he gazed idly about, momentarily lost in his fuzzy, muddled memories. He blinked, then stopped in his tracks, gazing intently around, trying to remember what it was he had come here looking for. At one point, he pushed his head forward between a couple of trees, directly above the smaller dragon hiding below, but aside from a few birds he startled from their perch, he saw nothing.

Disgruntled, he drew his head back, and snorted softly in irritation as he turned and began stalking along the forest's edge once more. But before he'd taken more than a few steps, a sudden noise behind him caused him to pause and glance back over his shoulder. His eyes narrowed slightly as the dragon he had failed to spot came stalking out of the cover of the trees. He caught the stranger's bold claim to the surrounding area clear enough, just as he caught the not-quite disrespectful tone in the smaller dragon's words.

"New? he rumbled as he slowly turned to face the young dragon, his lack of concern plain to see in his movements. "I am not new to this region, though I haven't been here since long before you hatched. Nor do I intend to stay for long, so you need not fear for your humble abode," he replied, eyeing the surrounding forest to emphasize his opinion of the younger dragon's home. But as he gazed across the verdant woodland, his fierce golden eyes lost their intense focus.

"Who would choose to live in a place like this? No mountains...no caves...no fire," he murmured, loud enough to hear, but not addressing anybody in particular. He lowered his head and nosed briefly at the ground. "No heat in the earth." He snorted again, singing a few fallen leaves, and raised his head, gazing at the young dragon again, gazing at him intently.

"Who are you? I don't remember you," he rumbled, lowering his head and craning his neck forward to sniff at the younger dragon, inhaling with enough force to tug at the hat upon the young dragon's head. "You don't smell of Driakkion."
^
Nerroth
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 09:18 PM

member #319

‣ Female

27 posts

Nerroth

scout

☆ Offline

2532 jaden

Awards: 1

After having created a simple portal and leaving Millirand behind, Nelarth decided to go to Evolyon and then to the country of Shi'vrann'aeli. He then saw a massive great red dragon which came as a surprise to him. Nelarth assumed the red must be quite an old dragon for his massive size. It was certainly bigger and far older than he was. Nelarth then flapped his wings and took off from the ground towards the ancient red although he took caution this time as he landed infront of the great red but still kept his distance. He hadn't really given much thought to Yrswil, the other young dragon since he was too awstruct and surprised by the far older and more massive red.

"Excuse me sir, I couldn't help but notice you from afar....." Nelarth said to the great red, his golden day coat glinting under the morning sun's rays that had shown in the clear sky above. "T-This is my first time here in this realm." Nelarth spoke with a shy stutter, "Could you please tell me more about this place were in?" Nelarth asked. While his manners weren't always that perfect, Nelarth tried to be polite but wasn't too sure he was doing all that well though since he hadn't had the chance to meet many dragons, or ancient ones for that matter.
^
Verridith
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 10:53 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9483 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

9795 jaden

Awards: 31

PLOT RANDOM EVENT!
user posted image
SNAKEKIND ATTACK!

Oh no! The snakekind forces have discovered your enemy characters, and are attacking! Alternatively, if you are writing serpent- or Faction-allied characters, a battle between the serpents and their enemies has spilled over into your thread!

You have 5 posts to work this plot event into your thread! Thank you!
@Fyfergrund @Nerroth @Yrswil

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Oct 22 2017, 06:33 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1130 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

17519 jaden

(OOC-Proceeding under the assumption that Yrswil won't be returning.)

Fyrendrang led Nelarth along the side of the forest, leaving the other young dragon to his devices, and likely to his relief. For a good while, he regaled the young dragon with tales from his past, speaking of events that had happened long ago. He hadn't meant to, when he started. He had intended to offer the respectful youngster as good a description of Evylon as he could.

But, he'd managed to get distracted, and went off on one tangent after another before completely forgetting what he'd started talking about. However, at length, he grew quiet, and shot Nelarth a suspicious glance as he realized that he didn't know who the young dragon was, and he didn't remember leaving Driakkion.

"Wait just a moment. Who are you? And where is this? There aren't any forests like this in Driakkion," he grouched, coming to a halt as he glowered down at the young dragon, feeling a bit perplexed. There weren't any dragons like this on Evylon. Not to his knowledge. Befuddled as he was, he failed to notice the zelne snakekind scout gazing at the pair of dragons from among the trees.
^
Nerroth
 Posted: Oct 23 2017, 03:11 PM

member #319

‣ Female

27 posts

Nerroth

scout

☆ Offline

2532 jaden

Nelarth intently listened to the old dragon and his stories as they walked alongside the forest. He enjoyed learning a little bit about Evylon's history and about the realm he was in. The information Fyrendrang told him seeped into his mind and gave him more of an idea on where he was.

After a little while, when the old red had stopped for a moment and shot him a glance, he was a little confused and unnerved, wondering if he might have somehow offended the old dragon and he was a little confused about the red's behavior, wondering why the old red was confused about his own environment since the ancient red was a native to this realm and knew a lot more about Evylon than he himself did, so the fact that the older red was asking him where they were did baffle him for but a moment but he didn't let it linger in his mind for long.

Not long after, he opened his mouth to respond to the old red, "My name is Nelarth and I'm not really sure where we are either." he said, "As I said earlier before, I'm new to to this realm and just got here a little while ago, so the only knowledge I have of Evylon is what you have told me so far...." he said. "Though I apologize if I have offended you."
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 09:09 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1130 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

17519 jaden

The old dragon snorted, sending a blast of hot air forth from his nostrils, and his eyes narrowed as he struggled to remember. Slowly, it returned to him, and he nodded. He glanced around for Nirania, then remembered he'd left Driakkion without her. He grimaced, then sighed softly as he turned his attention back to the younger dragon.

"Offended me? I think not. But if you have, you'd best pray to whatever gods you serve that I don't remember," he chuckled, fangs baring slightly in a fierce grin. He looked around again, leaning back on his haunches and lifting his head high, overlooking the tops of the surrounding trees. "As for where we are, we're somewhere in Shi'vrann'aeli. Hmph. Trust the elves to give this land such name," he groused, lowering his forepaws back to the ground.

"Where are you from?" he inquired, lowering his massive head down to Nelarth's level, fixing the young dragon with a stern, unyielding gaze. Unseen, the snakekind scout retreated into the forest, and rejoined the rest of its kind to report what it had seen.
^
Nerroth
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 05:24 PM

member #319

‣ Female

27 posts

Nerroth

scout

☆ Offline

2532 jaden

The younger dragon became rather intimidated by the much elderly red dragon's blast of hot air and his fierce grin. It took him a few moments before he finally spoke. "I am from Millirand." Nelarth said. "I actually just came from there and then to here a little while ago." he said.

"Sh'vrann'aeli? Huh, that's an odd name for a place." Nelarth said, "But it's a nice enough place to say the least. Actually, it's the first place I've seen ever since I landed here upon Evylon." he continued to speak. "But other than here, I still haven't seen much of this realm besides what you told me thus far."
^
Verridith
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 06:22 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9483 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Online

9795 jaden

Awards: 31

PLOT EVENT!
user posted image
FEYLIZARD MESSENGER!

A feylizard messenger from Vystriana has arrived in your thread! It carries a message from the Vystrian Queen, Verridith, and seeks to negotiate a possible alliance!

The feylizard can be of any color(s) and any gender, and show up however you wish it to.

You have 10 posts to work this plot event into your thread! Thank you!
@Fyfergrund @Nerroth

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Fyfergrund
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 01:38 PM
Group Icon

member #255

‣ Male

1130 posts

Fyfergrund

Admin
The Old Man of BTACD

☆ Offline

17519 jaden

"Millirand." The name slid off the ancient dragon's tongue in a slow drawl, as if he hadn't spoken it out loud in a long time. He snorted in mild derision. "I haven't been to Millirand in some time. And I have no real desire to return."

His thoughts were interrupted when a feylizard shot out of the trees, tiny wings beating frantically as it fled from the group of snakekind pursuing it. Fyrendrang bared his fangs, and came close to incinerating the tiny creature as it raced towards him. But, even as flames roared in his throat, he realized it was fleeing towards him for protection, and instead the gout of flames forming in his throat erupted to engulf a few of the faster snakekind as they burst out of the cover of the trees.

"A battle it is, then!" he roared gleefully, a wild grin crossing his face as he glanced at the younger dragon at his side. "Time to show me your worth!" The feylizard let out a startled squawk and swerved out of the way as the ancient red lunged forward into the thick of the snakes, scattering them as his fangs sank into the throat of a great riven. With a sharp shake, he snapped its neck, then let it drop as his fore-claws lashed out at another snake, tearing great gashes in its side.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: