by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...
Forum Rules Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Driakkion

Add Reply

Upon Fiery Wings, Fyfer, Nerroth
PLAYERS INVOLVED: Fyfergrund, Nerroth

SETTING: Fyr'krae, Driakkion

WEATHER: Clear, slightly hazy skies.

TIME: 3 Days past Current

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Fyrendrang (Fyfer), Nirania (Nerroth)
^
Mighty wings beat at the air as the massive Red Patriarch returned to Driakkion, and his city. His great size made him easy to spot, especially for the keen-eyed Reds who watched over the borders of Red territory. They called to him in respectful but wary greeting, well aware of the Patriarch's unpredictable temper. But, to their relief, he returned their call with hearty joviality as he flew by.

The recent fight with the snakekind, and the prospect of being called to Felnova, had left him in a good mood. Accompanying him, occasionally flying beside him, and occasionally perching upon him to rest, was th feylizard who had delivered the message, ensuring he would remember the request for aid, and where it came from. As he approached the city proper, a number of Reds hastened to clear a wide area for him to land.

As soon as his feet met the warm stones, he took in a deep breath of the warm, slightly acrid air, then let it out with a contented sigh, setting the nearby dragons at ease as he padded towards a large pavilion overlooking the volcanic lake at the center of the city, and word traveled swiftly that the Patriarch had returned.
^
Nirania had been contently resting inside of the red patriarch's lair but then she heard word of her grandfather returning and quickly left the lair to go see and greet him. She had heard he landed near the Pavilion by the large volcanic lake. She swiftly landed down upon the warm ground and walked toward him. "Grandfather, I am glad to see you have returned." Nirania spoke in a respectful tone. "I know you have probably had a long journey but where did you go and what happened? Also, you seem to be in a rather good mood. May I also, with due respect, ask why that is?" she inquired.
^
Fyrendrang gazed pensively into the lava lake below, his mind on the message from Felnova. He had never been to that young Realm, nor did he have much by way of experience with the Dragon Royals. He briefly bared his teeth in a silent snarl at the notion, disdain for the very notion of anyone claiming leadership by some divine right, or birthright, without having earned it.

But the moment passed as he considered the message and what it meant. Verridith was sending out a call for aid, and the idea that a Royal Dragon was in such need, and that there was a powerful enough threat to cause her to ask for aid in th first place stirred th ancient dragon's fiery soul. Then, as a familiar voice intruded into his thoughts, he gazed back over his shoulder.

For a moment, he gazed at the dragoness calling him 'Grandfather' with a bemused expression before his thoughts cleared and memories surfaced. He grinned, and turned about to face his granddaughter directly. "Ah, Nirania, I have been out and about in the Realm, visiting lands I have not seen for a long time. And now I return with the blood of enemies upon my claws, and a request for our help from..." he trailed off and gazed around, huffing in irritation as his memory failed him, and he failed to spot the feylizard messenger, which was unbeknownst to him perched upon one of the horns atop his head.

As a low, rumbling snarl escaped the ancient Red's maw, the feylizard swooped down towards Nirania, the mark of Vystriana clearly visible on the scroll it carried. The tiny creature flapped folded his wings and chirped at her as Fyrendrang gazed down at them. "It's a call to arms. I will be going to...Felnova, yes, Felnova, to meet this Verridith, and I would like you to come along."
^
As her grandfather turned around and then answered her, she spoke once more. "It sounds like you have had quite the adventure." Nirania said. Moments later when she saw her grandfather getting irritated, she had figured he was struggling to collect his thoughts and hoped it wouldn't cause him to have an outburst even if she was used to it already.

She then she saw the tiny feylizard fly down, carrying a scroll and chirping at her. She was about to ask her grandfather what the tiny feylizard might be here for and what the scroll it was carrying meant, she was interrupted for as if on cue, her grandfather had spoken once more and answered the question on what she was wondering about. She had heard of Felnova and the Royals and while she herself wasn't keen on the idea of Royals either, she decided to go and accompany her grandfather to this meeting. "Very well. I will gladly accompany you in this meeting and assist in anyway I can." Nirania said.
^
Fyrendrang grinned, and raised his head to gaze at the sky as memories stirred within him. In his mind's eye he saw flights of dragons, the full might of Driakkion, taking wing and filling the skies with a panoply of colors. Red, gold, black, silver, white, even green, all joined together as one in a common cause. "Onward to glory..." he breathed, voice scarcely more than a deep, rumbling whisper.

Then his thoughts returned to the present, and he once more gazed down at Nirania, and the rest of the Reds gathered nearby. He could sense their shared excitement and anticipation, and it made him proud to know that they would take flight at once if he so commanded it, and follow him into battle without hesitation.

"Sharpen your talons and keep your fangs ready! War beckons, and I go to see if it's a war worthy of Driakkion's involvement!" he announced. Then he lowered his great head beside Nirania. "I will be relying on you to help me remember anything of importance. And as we may be going into battle, to keep yourself prepared for a fight."
^
Nirania looked around at the other reds that were gathered nearby and she too could sense their excitement. When her grandfather gazed down at her and spoke once more, telling them all of his plans of leaving to Felnova to answer Verridith's call for aid, she listened. As the reds around were getting excited about the upcoming war and while she knew that her kind were very well known for being violent at times, she herself wasn't looking forward to fighting in the coming war but she also knew that war was sometimes inevitable and she felt it was a duty for her to participate in it too, whether she wanted to or not.

She had a somewhat unpleasant look on her face too about the idea of meeting with Verridith. She was no fan of the Royal dragons either, thinking them to be somewhat pompous by claiming leadership as a birthright. She prefered self-made individuals that earned the right of leadership. Nevertheless.... even if she was not a fan of the Royals, she would try her best to remain as polite and calm as she could at this meeting. She could only hope this war was a worthy cause for her people to be dragged into the midst of it.

As her grandfather lowered his head down to her and told her both to remember anything that would be of importance and to be ready for battle, she simply nodded. "With all of that in mind, will we be leaving now, grandfather?" Nirania asked.
^
The ancient dragon nodded, and raised his head to gaze once more at the hazy sky above. He couldn't remember how long it had been since he'd taken part in a true war. For a moment, his eyes clouded as his memories became muddled and disjointed, with half-remembered fights from his long history surfacing.

"Yes, we are leaving now," he affirmed as he turned and strode to the edge of the caldera rim overlooking the lava lake below. He took a moment to bask in the intense heat pouring off of the roiling, churning pool, then spread his wings and dove off of the caldera rim, using the powerful updraft to rapidly gain altitude as his mighty wings beat at the air in rapid, powerful rhythm.

As he rose into the air, his mind cleared a bit, and he remembered he intended to go to Felnova, though the details remained fuzzy. He knew it was for war, and that somehow the Dragon Royals were involved. After a bit, he snorted slightly, and stopped trying to force his mind to cooperate. When they got to Felnova, things would sort themselves out. Flying into the middle of things, and killing everybody who dared try to kill him had always worked out before.

"To Felnova!" he thundered as he slashed a portal open in the air before him, plunging through, emerging in the cooler sky of Felnova for the first time in his life. Behind him, the portal hung, suspended, waiting for Nirania to follow through.
^
When her grandfather told her that they were leaving now and rose up into the air and slashed open a poral, she spread her wings and followed him shortly afterward. As Nirania entered into Felnova, she felt the cool air and it's breeze upon her face and wings. The air was cooler than she would have liked it to be since she was both used to and much prefered the heat of her homeland.

Nirania looked around at her surroundings, taking in the new sights before her. For her, the environment was a little strange but she was also rather curious about the realm her and her grandfather had just entered. "So this is Felnova then. Also, just incase you are wondering why we are here, it is because a Dragon Royal by the name of Verridith seeks our aid and has called a meeting." she spoke. "Grandfather, did that scroll by any chance mention the specifc location of where Verridith requested it to take place?" Nirania inquired.
^
ooc::
OVER TIME LIMIT !

A timeskip has occurred to move current time beyond that of the semi-liquid time spanning 60 days ahead or behind. This thread is behind! Please check current time and make an IC timeskip, then edit your first post with the current time change. Thank you!

This thread has one week to comply before archiving!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply