by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Closed

Atlas, Guided by the Hand of Midas (Part 1), JPG, Asreal, YOU
PLAYERS INVOLVED: @JPG @Asreal YOU
SETTING: Various, starting at Roth Manor in Z'Leaf in Jes're'en
WEATHER: Rain, Thunderstorm.
TIME: Roughly 10:00 PM.
CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Lykoth (Asreal), Morgan Roth/Sedna (JPG), YOUR CHARRIE.

Note: We would prefer bounty hunters and mercenaries for the purpose of this RP. The job is on the more immoral side of things. You've been warned.

--------------------
^
Optional Music Choice

The rain fell as if a million grains of rice upon stone, drowning out all else in its deluge. The flash of lightning and crack of thunder illuminated the night sky's clouds and split the raucuous cacophony of rain.

Roth Manor was an impressive sight to behold. The porcelain white walls, seemingly scoured of any scum or dirt, contrasted against the darkness, standing out in the rainstorm. The double doors were made of mahogany painted white and lined with hand-engraved gold trim. Two heavily clad knights stood forebodingly in front of the door, keeping a close eye out, while an attendant stood in a heavy cloak in the middle. Their helmets and hoods all hid their faces from any onlookers.

Several job postings had led a small group of mercenaries to this manor. Roth Morgan was the owner of a chain of famous Inns and Taverns known as the Golden Sail, as well as several properties known as "Roth's Street Bazaars." His family was a renowned group of merchants that were well known to participate in nepotistic hiring, price gouging, price-fixing, and other legal-but-unfair economic practices.

The job entailed was only shared among the hush-hush lines of communication. Someone's head needed to be rolled and brought on a silver platter. It paid QUITE well - 5,000,000 jaden was to be split among those who cooperated in this job. Further details were to be provided upon entering the manor on this dark and stormy night.

--------------------
^
The soles of the black leather boots made no sound, despite obviously being combat type boots. (what was fitting for that time) But the steps were precise and sure, as the owner of the feet in said shoes walked through the rain towards the doors of the mansion. The person was dressed fully in black, but the most noticeable would be the cloak they wore; it flows down to around their ankles, closed around the front, and the hood hid their features completely, except that it seemed like their eyes had a strange electric blue glow beneath the hood.

Upon reaching the door they stopped, but didn't immediately knock on the door. Instead they stood there in front of the knights, not saying anything for several minutes, in fact, most knights, if they witnessed this, would have started to get uneasy with how long this person waited. "I am here to inquire about the job posting," the person says simply. Their voice would be slightly muffled out from under the hood, and just barely audible over the rain, making it impossible to discern the person's gender.

But the person knew the knights could hear them just fine from how they spoke. To this person, voice projection was key, they didn't want anyone to know anything about them until they were ready, after all... not many people approved of a lot of people like them.

--------------------
I'm a little tea pot short and stout, thi- hey, whoa, wait, it's not time to tip me over and pour me out!

Nidelia|Selkie
Jamarion|Phoenix
Natheniel S | Human
Alinoa S | Vampire
Balinore | Pure Elf
Sylvia | Gem Drake
^
The damp leaves on the ground flailed a bit and then picked up, swirling about as a miniature whirlwind formed just outside the grounds. Within that whirlwind, a figure silhouetted in the night slowly landed, his descent cushioned by the air.

It had been a long time since he had jumped between Realms. He had stayed in Felnova, mostly near Albronel, during his various jobs as a mercenary, so he found the change of pace refreshing. Unfortunately, it had still taken a while to get there because he had no clue where he was when he had stepped out of his slash-portal. He should have looked at a picture of the manor first... That didn’t matter now that he was here, however.

The wild air currents subsided, toning down into the regular nighttime breeze. As he approached the manor, his features became more clear — a worgen of sturdy build and imposing height, with a bushy tail just visible behind him.

What also became clear was that he was dressed for the occasion; his outfit was entirely black, matching his fur and contrasting starkly with the two crimson eyes that looked as if they were glowing from the shadow they were surrounded with. The hood had two slits on the top from which two lupine ears protruded. He appeared to be wearing a simple, featureless dark cloak, its hood almost completely blocking his eyes from outside view. The front was open, which made it look more like a coat, and under it equally black garments could be seen, a simple light shirt and pants. His feet were wrapped so that it stopped them from being hurt on rough terrain.

He came to the door of the manor and, unsure of the protocol for entering, stayed in front of the entrance for a moment. That was when he noticed the person standing next to him. Must be here for the same reason I’m here for, he thought as he regarded them. “You’re here for the job posting, aren’t you? Look forward to working with you.” His voice was deep and strong but a tiny bit scratchy, as if he was constantly growling under his breath.

--------------------
Click on a character’s name to learn more about them!
Lykoth [Open], Demise [In use], Miranda [Reserved], Ranafa [in use], Mary Miss [Open], Caleb [Reserved], Victor [Open], Cassius [Reserved]
^
The cloaked attendant would eye the two newcomers. Weirdos. But they were always weirdos - who else would kill for a living? He nodded, and made a seemingly dismissive motion to one of the guards with a wave of his wrist. On cue, the knight would open the door with a grinding creak.

"WELCOME TO ROTH MANOR. WE HAVE BEEN EXPECTING YOU."

In contrast to the depressing downpour outside, the halls of the manor were massive, and the glint of gold, silver, and diamond was everywhere - the merchant lived better than how they might have imagined some royalty would! There was an avant garde statue pouring water into a pond-sized pool, nestled between two curved stair cases on either side, leading up to the second floor. Scarlet carpet lined the floor everywhere, gold trimmings noting which paths were available. Everything seemed clean enough to eat, sleep, and even kiss if it was so desired.

The simply armored knight would start up one of these stairs - with a glance, he bid the two newcomers to follow. For how armored he was, he could have been simply a poltergeist operating a suit.

"MASTER ROTH AWAITS YOU."

--------------------
^
Oddly enough, Lykoth didn’t take off his hood when he entered the manor, partly out of a compulsive desire not to reveal his identity — yet — and partly because he was attempting to appear intimidating. Not like he needed to worry about that. With his height and build, and his predatory appearance, he generally made people nervous.

Lykoth took in his surroundings, surprised by the sheer amount of wealth he saw. When he had seen the payout, he figured his hirer was rich, but he had never thought it would be this much. Diamonds and gold in quantities he had thought impossible surrounded him, almost blindingly. “Huh,” he grunted. “I figured he would be wealthy, but this...”

Now that he had seen Roth’s splendor, he was thinking about why he was hired. He quite enjoyed those jobs where someone needed permanent silencing; it gave him opportunities to make connections and sort of play around with his target, and with his odd fascination with games he was sure this job would be a different kind of fun.

When the knight finished speaking, Lykoth waited for his partner-to-be to climb first out of courtesy. He would follow her once she began to climb.

--------------------
Lykoth [Open], Demise [In use], Miranda [Reserved], Ranafa [in use], Mary Miss [Open], Caleb [Reserved], Victor [Open], Cassius [Reserved]
^
Alinoa did not nod to the man in thanks for being allowed in first, she wasn't one for courtesy or manners, as far as she was concerned, she was equal to any man, but she was not about to stand there and wait for him to go first and possibly start some unneeded debate. Her eyes stared out in front of her, not betraying any reaction to her surroundings, in fact, her demeanor would more than show that she seemed quite used to it. She also did not take her hood down upon entering the mansion, instead, she actually reached up and pulled it further over her face upon entering the lit room.

Her black boots made no sound upon the marble floor, almost as though she wasn't actually there, merely a figment of everyone's imagination, the only betraying sound being the whisper sound of her cloak as she flipped each side over behind each of her shoulders, revealing her entire black clothing, along with dagger pouches, and other pouches that obviously had more than mere weapons within. She took the time to reach into one of the pouches, and removed a corked vial, filled with red viscous liquid, that she uncorked and took a sip of, before hiding it away back into her pouch.

--------------------
I'm a little tea pot short and stout, thi- hey, whoa, wait, it's not time to tip me over and pour me out!

Nidelia|Selkie
Jamarion|Phoenix
Natheniel S | Human
Alinoa S | Vampire
Balinore | Pure Elf
Sylvia | Gem Drake
^
As they reached the top of the stairs, it was a short path to some white-painted mahogany double doors. It was then the heavily armored knight would simply stand aside. “PLEASE ENTER.”

Upon opening the double doors, they would enter a grand study area lined with various well-dressed noblemen of the various eras - all with the last name of “Roth.” Chase Roth, Fargo Roth, Pyrmida Roth…

At the desk sat a man in a gold-lined orange kippah skullcap - his gut made to seem smaller by his gaudy yellow robes, also lined with gold - sets of jeweled beads adorning much of his chest - so many, in fact, that it was hard to tell if they were simply embroidered into the garment. He leaned back, munching on a ginormous roast leg - of what beast, it was hard to say, but clearly of some rare breed.

At his side stood a seven foot tall minotaur female - a gladiator-like harness criss crossing across her chest - her torso barely covered by a leather chestplate. She stood at attention - her fierce, narrowed, disgruntled gray eyes simply staring ahead - a massive orcish double-axe and warhammer on her back. In her massive hands, she holds the merchant nobleman’s drink in a small jeweled gold chalice.

“Ah, come in come in...you must be here for the job.”

Roth Morgan handed the leg to the minotaur - who simply held it for him. While the other servants kept a stiff upper lip, this one was...clearly unhappy with her circumstances. Or maybe that was just how minotaurs were. Who knew?

“I have but a simple request. In fact...it’s more of a wager.” The tubby merchant shrugged, a sickening smirk drawn across his face. He grinned toothily - half of his teeth just as golden as the linings on his robe. “It is a most interesting one - worth a hefty 2,500,000 jaden for each of you. The actual wager...is simple. Have you heard of the up and coming business owner, Regis’s Wares Emporium?” He tented his fingers in front of him, leaning on his elbows as he stared across to his two guests. “It’s doing a fine job - making quite a significant profit right next to my bazaar. And, well, it just so happens to be taking away from my business. Just a sidenote.”

He leaned back. “The wager is this. If he should...meet an untimely end...say...by the end of this week...the jaden is yours. If something should go missing from his property, no skin off my nose.”

“How would you like to take me up on that wager?”

--------------------
^
user posted image

Alinoa walked inside, taking everything in before her eyes rested on the man. She wanted to vomit just looking at him, but said nothing as she listened to what he had to say. Simple enough job, but she had to work with someone, must to her bemusement. "Very well," she said, then looked to her new "partner". "We will want to take a few days to scout and learn the man's schedule," she says simply, before turning and starting to head out. She wasn't one for small talk, and she wasn't going to let the other person take charge, she either worked alone, or was in charge, and she wasn't going to give him a chance to question her on it.

Once she was outside and turned around and pulled her hood down. Once her "partner" was there, she said nothing for a moment. "I figured you would like to know that you will be working with a Vampire," she says simply. Most did not like Vampires, let alone working with them. Of all her features her electric blue eyes would stand out. She quickly pulled her hood back up.

--------------------

Nidelia|Selkie
Jamarion|Phoenix
Natheniel S | Human
Alinoa S | Vampire
Balinore | Pure Elf
Sylvia | Gem Drake
^
Lykoth walked inside and took in everything before him, his eyes fixating on the massive minotaur for a half-second more than the others. Clearly this guy isn’t taking chances. As his gaze rested on the man sitting before him, he too was more than a bit sickened, but expertly hid it. He’d gotten used to hiding reactions he didn’t want seen, having felt in a similar manner about a couple of other clients.

He knew now that he was among people with whom his identity (or rather, his face) would be safe and pulled down his hood, revealing a lupine visage seemingly youthful in age. A subtle smirk rested on his lips. “Of course. I won’t be telling you my name just yet, but consider it done, Mr. Morgan.” When his partner finished speaking, he nodded in agreement. “My thoughts exactly. We’ll ha—?” He turned to look as she walked away. “...or not. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.”

Lykoth too got up and nodded at Roth politely before leaving and walking downstairs.
He listened up to what the woman said as his ears perked up a bit. “I don’t mind working with a vampire if you don’t mind working with a worgen. This will be interesting.” Lykoth pulled his hood over his face again, obscuring his eyes from view once more. “Looks like you decided it, and it’s a great plan so I won’t argue. We’ll be scouting to get his daily routine and then offing the guy.”

Here we go, he thought as he started to walk away, giving Alinoa a bit of a side-glare. Gotta find the guy first.
“Meet me at Regis’s Emporium tomorrow.” With that he left the manor and melted into the night shadows, an audible whoosh signaling his departure on a powerful current of air.

--------------------
^
Before the duo could exit, the guard who had them in, still in his dark-gray steel heavy plate, halted them. He offered a parchment. On it detailed the location, a picture of the target - a young, curly blonde haired high elf chap in a gaudy, energetic green robe - all the brightest smiles, ready to take on the world. A certain "Arthurlas Fae'argent." A shame that he would meet his end by the end of the week.

The map details a modest cabin on the west side of Fury Lake. Assumedly, this is where Arthurlas lives.
user posted image

(NOW you can poof and backflip out windows and whatever the hell you showoffy twats do. :P)

--------------------
^
Alinoa looked the man over, before simply nodding. "I will," she says, shrugging her cloak back into its normal position after having pulled her hood down and back up. She had started to leave when the guard stopped them both. She looked at the parchments. "Hmmm, I'm going to go stalk around there tonight," she says starting to walk away once more.

--------------------

Nidelia|Selkie
Jamarion|Phoenix
Natheniel S | Human
Alinoa S | Vampire
Balinore | Pure Elf
Sylvia | Gem Drake
^
Lykoth accepted the parchments from the guard, taking a quick look at the map and information before slipping them into his interior coat pocket. He then began to leave, going over possibilities in his mind.
Perhaps I could scout there tonight, he reckoned as he padded away from the manor. She might have the same idea, though, so maybe I should try something else… I think I’ll just go with it. If she’s there we’ll just scout together.
With his plan all resolved, Lykoth set a course for the home of Arthurlas Fae’argent, gathering wind currents about him to prepare for departure.

--------------------
^
ooc::
ROLE-PLAY LOCKED & MOVED: OTHER REASON !

This thread has been closed due either member request or at staff discretion. It has been moved to archives; if you'd like to continue it, please PM a staff member to move it back - or alternatively, if too much time has passed, feel free to make a new one and link back to this one.

Thank you!

--------------------
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed