<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->

Cbox

Setting Information

All information on the current country can be found here:

Country of Vystriana

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

» to find what's left, Nox, Blazeh
`Nox
 Posted: Apr 23 2017, 06:48 PM
Member Inventory: View

member #356

‣ Female

19 posts

Nox

Lurker Extraordinaire

☆ Offline

245 jaden

Awards: 1

PLAYERS INVOLVED: @Verridith (Blazeh), @Nox

SETTING: The inside of the Tower of Godshome.

WEATHER: Nighttime. Rainy and cold.

TIME: Current.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Isaac (Nox), Zoik (Verridith)

--------------------
^
`Nox
 Posted: Apr 23 2017, 06:50 PM

member #356

‣ Female

19 posts

Nox

Lurker Extraordinaire

☆ Offline

245 jaden

With a sphere of light held in his right hand, and a spellbook held tightly in the other, he was careful to not be seen by the bandits that scavenged the tower. The light that eased his anxiousness only emitted dimly, for he feared that he would be caught. Barely able to see three feet before him, he moved gingerly and slowly. He was most certainly sure that he was heading the right way; if it were not for the familiar paintings that were hung on the wall, he would’ve been lost in the Tower. His cloak had been drenched from fumbling around outside, looking for an alternate entrance to the Tower to avoid being seen. But so far, he hadn’t encountered any of the bandits yet.

He had come here to return to the library of books located Tower, and more specifically, he was in search a certain spellbook containing information about the element of light and a list of those who mastered it. Perhaps, if he were to find this book, he would find a master who was willing to teach him more about the element of light. The book had caught his eye ever since he had begun studying magic, and he had read the book many times, but he always had to return it. Perhaps now was the time to snatch it before it was taken by someone else.

After journeying a bit further, he’d encountered a staircase – a finely crafted one at that. The boy had never traveled to this part of the Tower before, and with curiosity, he would climb the staircase to investigate further. He noted how there were more decorations on this floor than the others, probably a floor reserved for the higher ranking members of the Order.

As he moved closer, he heard a rough voice:

“Oi, you there! Git back to work!”

He froze. Without thinking, he rushed down the stairs in a panicked fashion. He must’ve created some kind of noise because the voices coming from upstairs suddenly stopped. He didn’t stop to think; he continued to run.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 05:33 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9026 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

19559 jaden

Awards: 17

The Tower was once a proud structure, led and maintained by the Order to be a center of learning for young mages and all types of magic users. It was protected from the outside world, woven spells in the stone proving too much for the uninitiated. However, the Tower of Godshome had been taken by the Faction... and then attacked, a good portion of it blown away.

The Order that still supported the exiled dragons fled. What mages were left, led by the Faction of Hope, withdrew to portions that had not been damaged, and anyone who could get through the bespelled tornado outside the mountains could now access the once grand ruins.

A powerful ex mage, now a bandit leader, had claimed part of that Tower for himself.

Down in a heavily damaged lower room, a young, crippled apprentice had taken shelter with a variety of artifacts from his mentor, the Archmage. For days, he had been able to hide in secret; but the bandit Lord had found him, and now the artifacts were being quickly plundered, as one man held the struggling boy to the ground.

They had kicked him, beaten him, driven him down... and there was nothing he could do. The scarlet-haired mage coughed up blood as a boot was firmly planted in his back, pain flaring from his ribs as he was forced to watch the three men pillage his precious things. "No," he whispered, single remaining eye - the other covered in a worn, black cloth bandage - filled with panic. "Please..."

It was then that he heard footsteps racing down the stairs, and struggled to look towards the open door. "Oi, catch that one!" called a voice from somewhere up the stairs. One of the bandits jogged towards the door and poked his head out to look. "He's getting away!"

"Run!" Zoik shouted, voice hoarse. The boot in his back shoved down again and he cried out, fingernails scraping across the floor. But he persisted - what if was one of the Order? Or worse, one of his friends...?

"G-Get away, j-just run!"

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
`Nox
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 12:55 PM

member #356

‣ Female

19 posts

Nox

Lurker Extraordinaire

☆ Offline

245 jaden

As he continued to run, he could hear the footsteps of another man running after him. His muscles were sore, his breaths were quick and short. He heard a distant cry coming from the stairway - a plea for him to run. At first, he was glad to comply, but he realized that it was a voice of a child.

Why would someone so young return to a horrid place like this? Perhaps he was from the Order? He considered the possibility of him being some sort of thief, pillaging treasure from the more esteemed part of the Tower. He doubted that was the case. No person would risk entering the Tower full of brigands unless they were searching for something dear to them.

After running for a bit further, his legs began to become sore. He felt himself slowing down, despite forcing himself to run just a bit further to the exit. But the footsteps got closer and closer, at the point where he could hear the man gasp for air as he ran. At this point, the man would be able to catch him. Isaac ran far too slow, and there was no way he would be able to kill a man in the darkness like this.

He quickly spun around and hesitated. He could barely make out the man in the darkness, and the man coming after him seemed intent on killing him.

"I've gotcha now, boy!"

From an arm's distance away, the man struck the boy with a dagger. The mage tried to move away, but a stab of pain on his arm prevented him from moving too quickly. Panicked, he threw the sphere of light towards the man. The world around him suddenly became dark; his only source of nearby light had been thrown away. But he must've done some damage to the man, as the man grunted with pain. Must've stunned him. The mage winced slightly and clasped his arm with his hand. The wound wasn't too deep; he could probably heal it, but now wasn't the time.

It was time to seize the chance to leave. But some part of him wanted for him to help the boy, despite the risks. He could not rule out the possibility of him being a mage of the Order. He wanted to explore the world of magic, and if the boy happened to specialize in a different type of magic than he, perhaps he could learn more. He was hesitant, but he headed back towards the staircase with his hand clasping his arm.

"W-wait! Hold on!" he called.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 05:55 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9026 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

19559 jaden

The ugly bandit in the door saw the light go out and heard a man grunt; then heard Isaac shout and looked back towards Zoik's captor. "Sounds like Gront got hit," he hissed. "Let's go help him! Get a torch!"

Releasing the crippled boy, the bandit over the top of him grabbed a torch from the wall and drew his sword, as the other hefted a heavy stick on his shoulder. Zoik struggled to push himself up and look, breathing hard and painful, as he trembled and pressed a hand against what surely must be broken ribs. He knew if he got up and they came back, he couldn't run... but there was a third bandit here, the one who was still rummaging through Darius' things.

He had to do something. Even if he wasn't powerful, he could still do something, anything... right? And maybe then he could help whoever was coming down the stairs. But he felt dizzy and weak, and the pain in his chest gnawed at him. "Get away!" he shouted, and conjured a flurry of black sparks, throwing them at the man before he could react.

The sparks burst around his eyes and he yelled in surprise, swatting art them; but by the time they had cleared, Zoik had thankfully regained his feet, and held an old staff in his shaking hands.

The other two bandits heard their friend yell and doubled back; suddenly, they were in the door once more.

Now, he was trapped.

--------------------
user posted image
^
`Nox
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 07:00 AM

member #356

‣ Female

19 posts

Nox

Lurker Extraordinaire

☆ Offline

245 jaden

As he ran past the man who had struck him, he heard a voice coming from the room, ordering his lackey to attack him. Much to his horror, he began to hear footsteps coming towards his direction almost immediately. Gritting his teeth, he raised his wounded arm, and prepared to cast a spell. But before he could cast anything, he heard another shout - a younger voice, and watched the men leave the older mage be.

A terrible feeling overcame him. Were the men going to kill Zoik?

He heard a grunt behind him, pulling him away from his thoughts. The injured man behind him struggled to stand on his feet, but Isaac could most definitely tell that he was still intent on killing him.

"C-come 'ere!"

Terrified, the mage turned his heel and ran from him. Without a moment to spare, he quickly climbed up the stairs and approached the room, panting for air.

One of the men at the door turned slightly to see Isaac running up the stairs. One of them shouted, grabbing the other's attention. Hesitating, the mage conjured an electrical spell, and attacked both of the them. The spell wasn't too strong; it would only stun the men temporarily and leave behind a minor burn. But hopefully, it was enough to provide enough time for the two of them to escape.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 08:34 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9026 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

19559 jaden

The boy flinched as the two men behind him fell in a flash of electrical energy; though small, it was bright, and the attention of everyone in the room was momentarily drawn to it. But Zoik looked back a half second before the men did, and pushing away the dizzying pain of his ribs, he gripped the staff in his hands and whispered the triggering word...

Suddenly, the staff's top opened with a screech of sound and fire belted from a draconic mouth, washing forwards at the bandits. They yelled and backed off, then, as the flames grew worse, one darted away through the door and over his stunned fellows. The other one smashed a window and jumped out of it... perhaps not realizing the drop was quite as far as it was.

The magic of the staff ran out abruptly and the crippled mage threw it down, as the hard wood began to burn. Some trappings in the room smoldered, but otherwise, it was safe. Zoik sank to his knees, breathing hard, single eye wandering to the door. Someone had saved his life, and the precious artifacts he had been trying to keep safe...

--------------------
user posted image
^
`Nox
 Posted: May 1 2017, 12:44 PM

member #356

‣ Female

19 posts

Nox

Lurker Extraordinaire

☆ Offline

245 jaden

He immediately stepped backwards at the sight of fire. He watched with horror as the flames filled the room, surprised by how quickly the flames erupted from the staff. He watched one man running in his direction, and moved quickly out of the way with a panicked noise. Isaac wanted to leave the premises immediately, but some part of him wanted him to stay. Perhaps it was his desire of finding a fellow mage in the ruins of the Tower.

As the flames began to subside, his nerves calmed a little. Shaking, his eyes scanned the room. He immediately glanced at the stunned men lying on the floor. Curiously, he entered the room, and prodded one of the men with his foot to see if they were still alive. The man only groaned and shifted slightly. The man was probably going to lie in the floor for a bit longer, and the mage was sure that he wasn't going to pose much of a threat for the time being.

He stayed silent for a few moments, his eyes fixated on the treasures nearby. He assumed it was the other mage's stuff or something. No wonder he was desperately trying to protect it against the brigands. After few moments, he had begun to realize that he being a bit rude. He immediately gave his attention to the other mage with an odd look on his face. "I-uh... You alright?"

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: May 4 2017, 05:47 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9026 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

19559 jaden

Zoik had been staring at the old wagon when the other mage came in; dully, he registered that this must have been the one who saved his life, and he slowly gathered himself to try and regain his feet. Sharp shards of pain splintered in his chest, but he grimaced and tried to ignore it, able to stand shakily at last.

"I'll be fine," the crippled young mage said, voice only barely above a whisper. . "Y-You saved my life... they w-were gonna kill me, a-and steal Lord Darius' artifacts..." He sounded almost bewildered, and looked at the blanket-covered wagon again. "I have to protect them. It's all I can do... b-but I don't know I-if I can move the wagon like this."

He looked down, and pressed a hand to his chest. Zoik winced, and gave a shuddering sigh. "As if I-I wasn't bad enough before... they broke m-my ribs, I think..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
`Nox
 Posted: May 7 2017, 10:23 AM

member #356

‣ Female

19 posts

Nox

Lurker Extraordinaire

☆ Offline

245 jaden

He watched the boy with a puzzled expression.

As he listened to Zoik, he heard him mention the Archmage of the Tower. Now that Zoik mentioned it, where was he? The Archmage simply couldn’t have had simply disappeared without reason and allowed the Tower to deteriorate into a condition such as this. Whatever it must be, the mage was sure that there was a good reason why he was gone.

Isaac narrowed his brows slightly before asking, “Hold on. By Lord Darius, you mean the Lord Darius?” He raised his left arm – the one that wasn’t injured and waved it about as he spoke. “The Archmage and all of that?”

For only a moment, he glanced in the direction of the wagon. The Archmage must’ve had some pretty valuable treasure for bandits to come rushing into this place, along with another young mage who happened to return to this specific spot.

In fact, who was he? And why would he return?

He returned his attention to the mage, and hesitated for a few moments, watching the other mage’s struggle to stand upright. He took a step forward and gave him a grim look. “Here, let me try to heal you,” he offered. The wound on his arm wasn’t too life-threatening, though it was indeed painful. He hadn’t exercised his healing ability as of late, and he simply didn’t want to tire himself out over a small wound. One of the first things he learned about light magic, was that it was quite costly to cast spells.

And Isaac realized that the other mage’s life was in danger. He figured that he would introduce himself later. For now, he needed to make sure Zoik was fine.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: May 9 2017, 06:11 AM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9026 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

19559 jaden

The dizzy young mage nodded mutely, eye momentarily closed; then he opened his good eye and looked at his fellow, trying not to take too deep of a breath. Breathing hurt enough as it was. "I'm his a-apprentice," he whispered. "I-I'll tell y-you more l-later, w-we have to get to s-safety... a-and I have... to p-protect his stuff, I-I promised..."

Zoik looked half fearful as he looked at the wagon again; he had a hard enough time pulling it into the Tower's broken threshold to escape the rain that had been hammering the Valley, let alone getting it down an entire flight of stairs. The bandits had dragged it up here, but... now how was he supposed to get it out?

"M-Maybe a portal,' he hissed, more to himself than Isaac. "To s-somewhere safe..."

--------------------
user posted image
^
`Nox
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 04:39 PM

member #356

‣ Female

19 posts

Nox

Lurker Extraordinaire

☆ Offline

245 jaden

As the mage spoke, he nodded quietly. He admired Zoik's loyalty to his master and his attempts to protect that belonged his master. Isaac had a newfound respect for him. It must've taken a lot of courage to stay in a place like this. A single thought about his own master drifted through his mind as he listened to the other mage, but the thought soon vanished. He would have to deal with that whole problem later. Now he needed to help his new friend.

He took another moment to listen to the other mage's frantic whispers. He glanced briefly at the wagon and returned his gaze to the mage. Isaac hesitated for a moment before saying, "Uh, I can open a portal if you'd like." Allowing his ally to use magic was going to be a foolish move, considering the wounds that he'd acquired during the battle.

He cracked a smile. "But first thing's first."

He moved closer to his ally, put his hand a few inches away from Zoik's chest, and muttered an incantation. The mage closed his as eyes, as a yellow light emitted from the palms of his hands. He immediately felt himself slowly growing weaker. A nauseated feeling washed over him, and he grimaced a bit in response. With a sigh, he lowered his hands in exhaustion. His healing ability wasn't the best nor was it the most powerful, but Isaac supposed he achieved something with his current magical ability. The injury healed partially; some of the ribs healed, while others remained broken.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 07:31 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9026 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

19559 jaden

Blessed healing magic; he could breathe far more easily, and the pain had lessened considerably. The crippled young mage took a few steadying breaths and haphazardly staggered to his feet, before limping over to the wagon.

The effort left him dizzy, but he felt better, and could perhaps manage to move it if he really tried. "Thank you," he said hoarsely. "I don't... th-think I could have survived o-on my own..."

From what he could see, the books and tomes, scrolls and artifacts, were for the most part undamaged and undisturbed. What little they had ment to grab lay on the floor within easy reach, and wouldn't be hard to put back. Relief flooded him, and he sighed, closing his one good eye. "They didn't... take anything," he breathed. "It's all here..."

He gave Isaac a tired look, and managed a small smile. "Let's... get o-out of h-h-here, okay...?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
`Nox
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 08:21 PM

member #356

‣ Female

19 posts

Nox

Lurker Extraordinaire

☆ Offline

245 jaden

Isaac watched him limp around quietly. He suddenly felt guilty at his inability to help his friend further. If only he were better at light magic, he would've healed his injury completely. At his friend's words, he returned the smile with mirth. "Yeah, I don't wanna stay here for another moment longer. Who knows, there may be someone else lurking around these parts." He took a moment to glance at the doorway, as if he were waiting for someone to materialize before him.

Still, he felt saddened by the fact that he wasn't able to find that book he was looking before. He assumed that it was best to leave now while danger has been cleared out. And the thought of another presence among the ruins frightened him so, even for a boy as adventurous as he. And especially after a dangerous encounter.

He returned his attention to Zoik, then to the wagon. The main problem wasn't moving the wagon, but rather maintaining some sort of portal while being so exhausted and weak. But it didn't seem like he had another choice.

Lost in thought, he curiously moved away from the wagon, and muttered a few words under his breath. To be honest, he only had a vague idea of where to head to. He did recall reading about some small village and remembered what it looked like, but he couldn't quite remember its name. A small town, he supposed, would be safe enough for the two of them. He imagined a settlement to the north of this Realm - the humble village of Shiva.

He felt himself growing weak, and found himself losing his balance and struggled to stand on his two feet. He gave a short grunt. A glyph suddenly appeared the stone floor, which emitted a pale yellowish color.

--------------------
^
Verridith
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 08:24 PM
Group Icon

member #1

‣ Female

9026 posts

Verridith

Admin
I am the QUEEN OF GOLD

☆ Offline

19559 jaden

A glyph portal; of course. It would be so much easier to transport the wagon that way, and Zoik was immediately grateful he had found such a companion. This young mage had saved his life - and now, getting out of here would be much, much simpler.

"Thank you," he breathed. Steeling himself then, the young mage took hold of the wagon's old right shaft, as the left had broken when his horse bolted weeks ago. As the wheel had been repaired, the wagon moved, but slowly. He was tired, and it was heavy... nevertheless, the mage apprentice pulled it over with some difficulty, as his newfound friend held the portal open.

As soon as he stepped inside, it expanded to encircle the entire wagon, as well; he waved Isaac over tiredly, vision blurring as he tried to focus with his single good eye. "C'mon!" he called. "Before... before more bandits o-or the Faction find us!"

As soon as Isaac stepped on the glyph, they would arrive in Shiva, in the ever-cold north.

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

web
statistics