<-- Navbar --> <-- end navbar -->
C-Box
This cbox is directly connected to our Discord, here!

» JPG's Shack of WTFness, 'cause too lazy to think up a cool name
JPG
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 09:33 AM
Member Inventory: View

member #327

‣ Male

122 posts

JPG

Worldbuilder/Artist (Mentor)
FUN WITH A CAPITAL F AND U

☆ Online

4523 jaden

Awards: 9

Doot doot, please see title, this space for rent.

Hallo thar!

--------------------
^
JPG
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 09:36 AM

member #327

‣ Male

122 posts

JPG

☆ Online

4523 jaden

A little blurb trying to explain what Icarath is in the form of a short scene. Once it gets approval, will post it to BTAC dA group.

For Lethias's Eternal Peace

Mortals. Particularly the lesser humanoid races. Such fragile creatures. Their bones were so brittle, that they had to devise ways to keep them still as they healed ever so slowly. So many vulnerable, soft, fleshy points. And even if one did not kill them, they lived such short lives - barely reaching two-hundred years at best.

So much work was to be done on these fragile creatures if they were to serve the Lady Lethias and the Death Clan as anything more than a meal. Kurai was not a realm for the weak. However, these creatures were also some of the most plentiful, and therefore made decent test subjects.

And for Icarath, that was its own delight.

The insectoid N’Vaen stood between seven to eight feet tall - an insectoid Zirus, with trunk-like, plated, segmented legs. He possessed three sets of limbs on his torso, with the top pair being a set of scorpion-like pincers - the rest of his arms were segmented with thin, grasping finger-like extremities. A massive tail with a glistening stinger reached here and there for various implements to be utilized on the subject for today - the subject which was restrained to the iron disc-like table via shackles.

As Icarath worked, an orb glowed with an intense yet sickly and unnatural neon green light above the subject, casting its haunting tint on the barren, windowless, solid stone walls, stained with liquids best left unspecified. The eerie green glow illuminated the creature’s terror-stricken face as Icarath tinkered, dissecting the test subject.

The fleshy humanoid screamed with an unholy note as Icarath peeled away the ribs, snapping them off methodically with his scorpion-like pincers. His multitude of eyes simply stared, focusing on the subject - unable to convey any sort of care, whether sympathy or pleasure.

Today, he would finally fix the problem of these non-demon digestive systems. Such inefficiency. They could not process bloodwater or the native plantlife. Disgustingly pathetic. So troublesome. He grasped the stomach and felt it, squeezed it, prodded it, all while the restraints held down the thrashing, wailing human. As the creature screamed and thrashed with more intensity, the light pulsated with increasing frequency, trying to keep the fragile life alive.

“Lord Icarath! The human cannot take much more!” his lab assistant shouted, attempting to overcome the screaming.

“No concern necessary. Continue direct exposure to reiatsu spectrum." His voice was like the grumbling of a dragon's stomach, yet had the mechanical monotone of a golem. Brief. Blunt. To the point.

“My lord, I meant we cannot maintain their vitals - they are about to-”

As if on cue, the orb flickered and flashed, before slowly dying down, as the human’s screaming slowed to a gasp before fading into silence. The scent of its exposed viscera and associated fluids and wastes was starting to mingle with the other scents of past experiments.

“Unfortunate. Next subject. Cannot delay digestive system study.”

Human cattle. A somewhat plentiful commodity, and easy to catch and breed. However, so fragile. But if he could make these human cattle into expendable but formidable soldiers, that would give the Death Clan an edge over the War Clan.

Glory to the Death Clan. In Lethias’s triumph, may all be granted Her eternal peace.

--------------------
^
JPG
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 11:03 AM

member #327

‣ Male

122 posts

JPG

☆ Online

4523 jaden

Prayer of Lethias's Covenant

White mistress, Goddess hound,
Pelt, pale like settled, sleeping ashes,
Eyes, red as the oceans themselves.

Grant us the presence to strike fear and terror that shatters the wills of warlords and kings.
Grant us the strength to instill your eternal peace upon this cacophonous world.
Let your terror force them to their knees, begging for an end to the discordant symphony of life.

All of this in your glorious name, for your eternal peace.

Amen.

--------------------
^
JPG
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 10:20 AM

member #327

‣ Male

122 posts

JPG

☆ Online

4523 jaden

Legend of the Winged Knight
Before the Formation of the Sky Pirates

“Momma, momma, I’m scared!”

The huge, hulking cyclops restrained the crying girl with one tree-sized arm, as he helped his two fellows - a troll and an ogre - clean out the overturned carriage - the nobleman being forced to stare on helplessly. Around him were his dead guards and servants - clutching his arm fearfully was his wife. And all his last resort was the act of a dog that had been kicked too many times.

“Please, don’t hurt her!”

The ogre looked back at the nobleman, with a mockingly lazy leer. “We know you have more riches than that, ya ritzy, boujie, spineless twat. We’ll be keeping this little ‘un until you cough up more.”

“H-how much more do you want?”

“If you have to ask, then this little thing can’t be worth that much.” The ogre put his massive fingers on either side of her head - veeery slowly starting to twist.

“Please stop! I’ll pay any-”

A silver-white blur dropped from the sky onto the cyclops, embedding its polearm into the leviathan of a man-beast, eliciting a cry as the spear pierced not only its eye, but it’s brain with a clean shot. As the creature started to fall back, the blur continued - kicking off the creature and catching the girl, hitting the ground in a tumble and tossing her to the nobleman unceremoniously. The creature landed with a thunderous crash, muting her sobbing cries of “daddy!”

A pair of white feathery wings fanned themselves out, and a helmeted knight with armor of Halgian-make made its way over to her polearm to yank it free - revealing it to be of a curious Kurai design, a naginata. The knight spun the shaft as it turned to face the two other giants, pointing the naginata threateningly at them, in spite of its diminuitive size - not even half of the height of either of its opponents.

The knight spoke in an androgynous muffled tone. “I will not tolerate the endangerment of children - whether a bluff of a threat or not. I would highly suggest you back off from your ill-begotten gains if you know what is good for you.”

The troll roared. “Puny avian. Think you can just march in and bark orders at us? Get off your high horse you chicken-winged prick!” The beastly creature then drew a large, crudely constructed blade which had more in common with scrap metal than a functional sword. As he swung the blade , the avian knight tucked in its wings and rolled back and away underneath the swing, quickly springing up into the air, spreading its wings to take flight, and drawing its short bow.

Fire reiatsu gathered into the tip of the arrow point, as she started to recite a quick prayer. “By Daama’s blessing, may thine flame burn as brightly as the morning sun that vanquishes the terrible night. May mine arrow’s flight be true, and result in a mercifully quick death to the enemies of all that is good. Amen.” With the closure of the prayer, the avian let loose the blessed arrow.

The arrow sailed, seeming anticlimactically, right past the troll’s ear.

“Hah! The lippy cunt couldn’t hit the broad side of a cliff face! Stand still, scrawny, this will only take a-”

Suddenly, the troll found himself wordless. Namely due to the flaming arrow embedded in the back of his neck.

Did the arrow bounce? Did the arrow ricochet? Heaven forbid, were physics defied just so the arrow would strike true?

The winged knight gave no indication that things had strayed from its plan. “That’s a warning shot. Flee and trouble others no more. If your hands do not drop that blade, I will command the holy fires from that arrow to consume your flesh where you stand, staring with that foul mouth of yours. I dare you to try me.”

The troll was too consumed by its hate to heed the warning, and stomped its foot as its raised the blade above its head. The flames did as foretold, as the troll let loose with an unholy shriek as the flames consumed every single inch of flesh on his head. The troll thrashed in pain, flailing about on the ground.

The knight’s shoulders sagged, and it made a ritualized gesture, as if praying for the monstrous being’s doomed soul.

But as it finished the gesture, the ogre slammed her from behind with his massive club, slamming it into the side of the valley with a cry of UGH! - leaving a small crater in the valley’s side.

The helmet fell off its head, revealing a snow white ponytail and skin just as pale and fair. But before anything more could be made out, the knight grabbed its helmet and replaced it upon its head to conceal its features.

The ogre was not letting up, and had raised its club to smash the diminuitive knight into the ground. The knight stared for a moment, still reeling from the smashing blow from before.

The knight drew its bow and aimed it up. “Try to bring that club down - I will have pierced your skull before it can finish me. And if you doubt my aim, ask your friend - if he’s not already burning in the burning infernos of the Soulplane’s Hell!”

The ogre froze. It considered his options. The momentum would surely finish her off and squash her flat, but he’d probably be just as dead in a few steps from an arrow to the skull.

The ogre started to back away, club still raised over head. Another step. Another step and then running as fast as its legs could carry it.

The knight fell to its knees, shoulders sagging. It removed its helmet and wiped at something inside, drawing the gauntlet back out. Blood.

“Are you alright?”

The nobleman stood with his spouse, the daughter sobbing into her mother’s bosom. “I don’t know how I can repay you.”

The knight shook its head. “No payment necessary. If you will excuse me, I will attempt to flag down a carriage.”

The nobleman placed a firm grip upon her pauldrons. “No, no, you rest. You’ve done enough. Our family is indebted to you. You can tag along with us while you heal up. Besides, we’re in need of guard detail as…” He gestures to the guards slain by the giants. “If nothing else, think of it as a blessing from the gods.”

The knight hesitated, hiding its bloodied gauntlet behind itself. “Understood.”

The daughter reached out for the knight’s helmet. The knight stiffened, but removed its helmet - revealing a pale-skinned, white haired young Halgian angel, bleeding from the side of her mouth - her eyes heavy with fatigue and pain, but still offering a smile to the child.

“I am Kari.”

“From Halgia?” the nobleman inquired.

Kari hesitated. “‘From.’ No longer ‘of.’ If anyone asks, you do not know my name.”

The nobleman quietly nodded, deciding it rude to pry further. “We will camp here for the night and see to your wounds - from the looks of things, you’ve probably suffered some internal injuries. Our destination is not too far off, and can wait.”

Kari nodded, and wandered to the wreckage of the carriage, and rested against one of the wheels.

“I will...accept the blessing you offer. Thank you,” she muttered before closing her eyes for the first time in what seemed like ages.

--------------------
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

web
statistics