by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Add Reply

Crossing A Line (Fyfergrund)
PLAYERS INVOLVED: Chrisgaming98 and Fyfergrund

SETTING: Set in Evylon. Deep in the forests near a set of an abandoned ruins deep in the forest. In the middle of a courtyard, someone is chained up. Deceived by love and trapped for eternity; until one day the creature was rescued. The Halgian Empire, further out past Umbra.

WEATHER: Cloudy overcast, but mostly sunny.

TIME: A year before current time.

CHARACTERS INVOLVED: Thalia, and Arkadian

Time's been long forgotten. As the chains rust, but never actually decay. An imposing weredragon strung helpless against a massive stone in the middle of the courtyard. A young female weredragon she was, singing a sweet lullaby as she sits crosslegged and her wings shake against the cool crisp winds. This courtyard's been here longer than Thalia has ever been here, no matter how hard she tried to escape; by thrashing at the chains, biting them, and doing whatever she could possibly think of- she can't free herself. The man that she had fallen in love with, Makai, chained her up here. In the end, it turned out that he could never trust a weredragon that raged on his friends. He couldn't handle that amount of stress. Not like he wasn't stressing Thalia out with what he did as an occupation. He was a slaver and Thalia couldn't believe that she had saw something in him. Especially years after she had escaped a battle with a band of weredragons. She barely made it out alive herself, but her friends had perished.

It turned out that Thalia had done something called, crossing a line. She didn't want to go that far, but Makai wouldn't listen to her and he tricked Thalia into coming to this courtyard in a set of ruined towers and buildings. He had purchased a set of enchanted chains large and strong enough to hold down an adult dragon. A pure adult dragon. There was no use trying to escape these chains, but with her powers; Thalia was able to use them to her advantage to get food every once in a while. Piles of bones could be seen tossed to one side of the massive stone that was holding the chain together. Perhaps she couldn't break it, but maybe someone else could? But, Thalia's hunger drives her more than reasoning. She's collected water in the skulls of what she has fed on; so she has had just enough until the next rainfall. However, she wondered about giving up and just letting herself go to the heavens? Did she really deserve this, or was it just a test? Makai was a human, and never again was Thalia ever going to trust a human. He's probably dead for all she cared. Her soothing melodies kept her sane for all she knew, and it helped her relax as her neck is strained from the restraints. However, she thought that she noticed a flying shadow overhead. A large and massive shadow. She stood up in alarm as another large shadow flew over head. Her singing delayed for now and she screamed "Hey! Hey!" Which was all she could think of. "Down here!" She called out through a wispy voice. Some more shadows. The only thing that she could think of that were flying over head was. Dragon(s). Perhaps they could help her?

This post has been edited by Chrisgaming98: Jun 29 2018, 09:22 PM
^
The dragons flying overhead were a far different sight than the typical flights of Heartwood-native dragons common to Evylon. This flight was a motley collection of assorted types of all sizes and colors. They held to no set formation as they passed above the ruins below, darting and jostling each other as they flew. Arkadian was leading them, as much a they could be led by anybody, though he spent as much time engaging in aerial shenanigans as he did actually guiding his followers.

As they passed by above the ruins, he rolled over to dodge a playful dive at his head, courtesy of a smaller dragon, and thus was flying upside down as he passed overhead. He glanced ground-ward, catching sight of a chained figure below. He snarled softly at the sight, and abruptly dove, a brazen call erupting from his maw drawing the attention of the rest of the band. Arkadian abruptly spread his wings, buffeting the clearing with a gust of air as he shot past and banked around. The rest of the band likewise soared by overhead, sending dust, leaves, and bones to swirling about as they landed around the ruins, and the captive chained there.

They stalked closer in a tightening circle, their collective attention fixed upon her, various expressions of distaste upon their faces as they gazed at the chains binding her in place. Arkadian strode forward, and lowered his head so he could look her straight in the eye. "Why are you chained here? What crime could possibly deserve this penalty?" he demanded, voice heavy with disdain for the very idea of being chained and left to die.
^
When the dragons landed, and the presumed leader of the dragons blew the bones and everything else out of the way; she growled as her skulls filled with her water was spilled and knocked backwards, collecting it as the rest of the dragons landed. She had never seen so much dragons confronting her like this, if they were here to kill her, they should do it now. "Deceived by love, a man trapped me here because he couldn't handle the uncontrollable rage and anger." Thalia snarled back, glaring at the dragon before her. "If you're here to kill me, just get it over with." She barred her teeth at the dragon. She didn't have any feud with these dragons, but them intruding in like this; it didn't seem to please her. And eyeing her down, was a game for intimidation. "The human's probably long dead by now." She hissed almost muttering. She still can't believe that he would trick her and trap her with these enchanted chains that she can't break free of. She felt useless in this situation and wanted to know what they're doing here.

She didn't like the fact how they circled in on her. She was already chained up, and her morality was low. She didn't want to fight anyone. Just lie here and wither away; just like those sets of bones. Withering in the dust. "If you're hungry, just get it over with." She insisted daring to get as close as she could to Arkadian. He might know what she was, but she didn't care. She wasn't in the mood to fight.
^
As she spoke, Arkadian's fangs bared in revulsion, both at the fate the man who had claimed to love her had left her to, and his reasoning. Around them, the rest of the group made their own feelings known. Low growls, snarls, and mutters sounded from many of them, and Arkadian snorted in disdain. He tensed up, then sprung forward with almost blinding speed, jaws parting as he struck, fangs clamping down upon the chain.

Almost at once he pat it out, and took a couple paces backward, hissing at it. "Magic!" he spat. Then, without he exchanged a meaningful glance with a craggy-featured, heavyset wyvern with brown scales. The wyvern trudged forward, eyed the chain for a moment, then seized it between his heavy jaws. Energy crackled around his jaw, and he grimaced, but held on as his aura spread over the chain. After a moment, he gave the chain a sharp tug. It held for a second, then, overloaded with magic, it snapped, then fell loose a the big wyvern released it with a snort.

As it fell to the ground, a few of the more hot-tempered dragons leaped forward and attacked the chain, further breaking the now-powerless metal into smaller lengths in an impromptu tug of war. Arkadian glanced at them briefly, then gazed at the former prisoner. "Where you go now is for you to decide, as it should be. Your freedom is yours again."
^
Thalia cringed and yelped as Arkadian lunged forward and assumed her fate would be over, but he didn't go for her neck. The chain was what he was after. "Yes, i-its magic..." Thalia whimpered. She was so shocked as to why the dragon would help her after the snyde comments and remarks she made at him. Well, it seemed that he couldn't blame her, he and his crew sympathized with her and shared what she felt. It sent a strange tingle over her body. The leading dragon called one of his members over and he zapped the magic out of the chain. Then Arkadian clomped his teeth onto the chain again and snapped it. She was free, her shoulders cramped and her back cracked in a few places. The tbesion of that chain was intense and she was in pain, but it was a huge relief when he freed him. He said her freedom was given back to her now and she could do what she pleased, but she feels like she owes them now. The other dragon's were playibg... tug o war with the rest of the chain. Thalia tore what was remaining. "Thanks." She said awkwardly, rubbing at her shoulders and her sore wrists."Why would you help me?" She asked, not really seeking pity, but out of curiosity.

She still had the ability to choose what she wanted to do, and now she can seek revenge, but her past love should be dead by now. It's been years since she had last seen him. She looked down at the ground, no charms whatsoever. "You said I can choose to do with my freedom. I have no goal in mind, but... I can contribute with your party. I might not be as fast as you or everyone else, but I can control Air and can improve my flight. I'm a good fighter too." She stepped back some. "My name's Thalia. And I'll serve you well if you allow me to be a part of this... group?" With a party this size, Thalia could only assume that this was some sort of regime or guild or mercenary group, just like her Eternal Spirits that she took a part in for so many years until they all died during combat. Thalia was fortunate enough to live. "I'll have your back." Most of all she will be there. "In a soldier's honor."
^
Arkadian had turned away from Thalia, spreading his wings a bit as he prepared to launch himself into the air, but paused as she spoke, and glanced back over his shoulder at her, staring at her blankly for a moment.

"Chains are cruel things. I would no more pass you by and leave you bound than I would rip off my own wings. And you said yourself you had done nothing deserving of even a swift death," he explained, turning away once more and spreading his wings. Then, as she spoke again, he folded them, and turned back to face her, looking her over shrewdly.

"You would fly with us?" he asked, before raising his head and looking around at the rest of the band. The gathered dragons exchanged looks, then most nodded. Arkadian nodded slightly as well before turning his gaze back towards Thalia.

"All we require of you is that you keep up with us, and live as we live, wild and free, living off of what we hunt for ourselves," he declared, a wild glint in his eye. He grinned, then spread his wings as he rose up on his hind legs. "Come! Let us see how well you fly!" he invited before whirling around and springing into the air, wings beating rapidly as he rose. Around the clearing, the rest of the band likewise rose into the air, some faster than Arkadian, some slower.

The big wyvern who had broken the chain was last to lift off. He glanced at Thalia, offered her a small grin, and gestured for her to follow them with one wing before rising to join his comrades.
^
"I'll be able to catch up. I have hidden talents that you have yet to see." Thalia gave a cordial taunting look to Arkadian. It was so damn good to be free; she was ready to fly with her wings again and feel that cool breeze of Evylon weather. She didn't want to return here if she had to, but as Arkadan's follower, she'll follow him wherever he wanted to go. After all, he saved her life and as long as she's aware; she has a debt to pay. That was her loyalty that was speaking as well. However, Arkadian also accepted her into the group as long as she can live like they do and keep up with them. Thalia nodded towards the wyven whom grinned at her and then she smirked. She was preparing to lift off; shaking and stretching her wings and gathering the mystical element of air all around her; absorbing it so that it could help her maintain her flight. She had a natural gliding talent as a weredragon and was one of the best in her old gang that she used to run with before she was.... chained up. Aside from that, she was more than thrilled to be empowering her wings so that she could truly test her flight. It's been years since she's flown, and now she was finally free. She roared as she started to rise up into the sky. The wind picking up great speeds as she flaps her wings even more. All of this energy that she contained was surely being put to use now. She was panting a bit, but she felt stronger than she ever was. She met up with Arkadian, her gusts of wind playing around his dragon body. "So," she smiled briefly. "Where now?"
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply