by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Add Reply
New Poll

Fighting for your life, For Mav and Nix
General Plot

Generally with the main plot, except the faction hasn't retreated from the realms.

Time:Midnight
Place:Evylon; Hyanda's clearing
Players:@Nix(Me), @Mavanger
Characters:Lusin&Diell(me), Nirn(I think(Mav))

Diell stood nearby, chuckling to himself as he stood in the clearing. They had visited home, and never having seen this clearing himself, decided to pay it a visit. "Lue is pretty here, isn't it Sin?" He asked with a slight smile, hands behind his head thoughtfully.

He was relaxed, as he sat down next to his dragon, a smile on his elven face. His black hair was unruly, though not in his face, kept out of the way by a silver band that kept the majority of it away from his hazel eyes. His clothes were black, not that he particularly cared. It just tended not to stain, from past experiences.

The dragon, on the other hand, was a glowing white, just as much as her favorite moon. Her body almost serpentine, with an acutely angled head, with a crowning crest of bone upon her head, in a much more subdued light grey. At first glance, she was a normal wyvern class, but as she finally lifted her large wings, a smaller set were revealed. In fact, at first glance, she could almost be mistaken for a heartwoodian white, a vicious species of Evylon dragon. Not that she was, but should she be mistaken for one, it wouldn't be the first time. Nor, she though, would she particularly care.

After-all, if they thought anything strange of Lusin, it would probably be correct. With a long, silent sigh, the white lay her wings back down, smiling contently.
^
Nirn shook her head sadly. She had taken up bounty hunting after her time in the faction, and these two were up next. They were wanted alive or dead, and while she would prefer not to kill another dragon for the rest of her life, she knew that if it came down to it she may have to. She drew her blades quietly, casting an illusion over herself, hiding her ears and tails. She had seven now, something that was wholly unusual to her. She sent forward and illusion of herself, speaking through it, as she readied her magic for more use, her two pendants hanging heavily from her neck.

"Hello. I am here to collect the bounties on your heads, wanted dead or alive. Which way you end up is solely up to you." she said. "I don't want to kill you, I've done enough of that in my life time, but I won't pull punches."

The looked up. The moon was full, and she could recognize a lunar dragon. She'd habe to be careful around that one, watch out for its own magic. She couldn't make out the other individual, and the information on the sheet was hazy to begin with.

The fight was soon to begin.
^
Lusin started at a voice, but Diell mearly blinked a moment. His mind, as always, began racing, but he stood with that immortal grace his kind were known for. A dragonsung steel blade whistled out of its sheath as he stepped forward, arrogantly.

The white turned, and went to stand behind her rider, not knowing what Di would think of this time. She never did. Her blue eyes narrowed, and her neck snaked down to sit next to the Drow's head, but he was already moving.

Hazel eyes examined the illusion, though he didn't know it was so at the time, as he stopped a fair distance away from her. "So, we're finally important enough to get a bounty, eh girl?" He glanced at his dragon, who didn't even skip a beat before nodding. Diell, what are you doing? Her mind bounced into his, and he just smirked at the creature in front of him.

"That's nice. And I'm sure we'll be the ones deciding our own fates. You, on the other hand, have sealed your fate, coming anywhere near us." His pale brown eyes darkened, an almost insane gleam entering them as he raised an eyebrow, deftly swinging his sword at his side. When I attack, use your fire to keep her in the area, surround the clearing, and above all, don't get hurt. He thought back, examining the girl in front of him.

He rose his blade, and ran straight at the illusion, praying to Daama that he would live, lifting his blade as if to strike from above, but it was obvious he was going to change his strike to go to the side.

Meanwhile, his dragon took flight, hovering slightly as she began spitting out moonfire, letting it line the clearing in an attempt to keep whoever was trying to capture or kill them in a circle of flames.
^
Nirn smirked, her fingers dancing as she puppeteered the illusion. "I warned you." she muttered as the moonfire spilled across the ground." The illusion contorted in an impossible way, leading with a sidestep and followed by sharp lean back, her body forming a nearly 90 degree angle as she flipped backwards. She glanced up, looking at the dragon. She puppetted the illusion, as the illusion used 'magic' to leap on thin air, rushing the dragon and drawing her illusory blade.

She prepared a second illusion, that of a snarling beast made of shadow, and lifted it from the ground behind the lone fighter, a snarl coming from it' depths. She watched the dragon, tracking it's movements as the illusion neared, preparing its mock assault. She would have to tire these fighters before she could fight them, especially that dragon.
^
Diell backed up hesitantly as the woman bent at... nearly odd angles, then glanced to the beast. Lusin... she'd be fine. His dragon was strong. He, on the other hand... His hazel eyes dashed over the area, and finally he made a decision, but glanced up to look for his dragon.

Lusin didn't know what in all the realms her rider was doing. He wasn't like this, arrogant and rude. She hoped he knew what he was doing, as she kept flamming. At least until the woman ran right at her, and she screeched, trying to pull up in time to escape. It was too late, she was gonna get skewered.

But then she didn't. Lusin's wings swiped right though the illusion, and the lunar dragon soared further into the clearing with a confused look on her face. But Diell just grinned. Illusionist. He relaxed, letting his sword hang. Land. He ordered, and though unhappy, the white landed besides him, nudging him gently.

"So, you play with mirrors, do you? Could be a Kitsune, Dragon, perhaps an elf like myself." He stopped playing arrogance, and took a more relaxed stance. "But I'm thinking you aren't a dragon, most are more elementally inclined anyhow. I would say Kitsune, your illusions are so realistic even I couldn't distinguish between it and what would be the real you." He said, looking to Lusin.

"You need to stop plotting without me, Di..." She grumbled, and he laughed, though not without tension that showed he was... not happy.
^
Nirn frowned, before smirking. So he already had her figured out... but she had tricks to play yet. She released the illusion in the sky, as it faded into a figment of light, along with the illusion that was hiding her Kitsune features. She reached to her collar bone, where three gems hung. Her soulstone, its warmth softly radiating at her touch, and two gems of Naerax, dedicated to fire and lightning. She took a breath, before exhaling softly, closing her eyes.

She reached out towards the ring of fire before her, and she urged it to spread inwards, closing on the dismounted rider. His dragon would likely go to save him, but she was prepared for that. her second hand flashed out, calling lighting from the heavens, directly towards the dragon with a loud crack.

She stood, drawing her blades after a moment of hesitation. Above all, she didn't want to kill the dragon. The rider though... he would die if he didn't surrender. The blades flipped in her hands as she stood, silent, a series of illusions cloning her and standing beside her. 5 in total, she sheathed one of her blades, and the clones followed suit, leaving a hand open to finely control them.

"If you're so sure of you victory, dragonrider, then fight me." she said.
^
Lusin's fire was moving toward him, and he didn't like it. He panicked a moment before calming down, breathing slowly. He sent his magic out, and the wind picked up, keeping his dragon's weapon at bay. For now.

But then a flash of lightning, and a burst of pain along the white's back. She cried out in pain, and Diell turned, running for her without hesitation. "Lusin, are you ok?" He whispered, and she whined, trying to flex her wings. The electricity had shocked her, momentarily paralyzing the dragoness.

Di sighed, and turned back to the kitsune... finding five extras. Oh, lovely. "On the condition that while we're battling, you leave my Lusin out of this. She isn't going to be involved. " He growled, approaching, holding his sword easily.

The white would protest... But she was currently out for a little bit. And she knew her rider would just mentally scold her If she did. She lay there mostly calm, slowly testing her limbs, when she felt... it was like a brick wall. She had been in the middle of standing up, when she staggered, falling back to her side. He... he had closed the bond! He had blocked her off.

A roar from behind him, but he couldn't focus on her. Focus on the fox-woman before him. Or at least, one of the six. With a slight flicker, a burst of wind rushed through the illusions, and Nirn herself, trying to find the fakes.
^
Nirn walked forward with her clones, the wind ruffling her fur, and that of her clones. She dispelled the illusions, letting him think his winds could dispel them. She spoke. "Clever trick. I wouldn't need to hurt either of you if you had just come willingly" she said. "But I won't hurt your dragon. You on the other hand..." she paused for effect.

"We're gonna fight here and now." She called on her magic, her speed and strength increasing exponentially. Normally, malnourishment as a young child would put her on less than equal footing with someone devoted to swordplay, but her enchantments could level the field. She rushed forward, drawing her second blade.

Her left blade arced towards the man's chest, as her right came down from above with lightning speed in a two-front attack. "You can give up at any point, I don't want to kill you if I don't have to."
^
Diell went into a calm state of mind, using his wind to move... quickly? Yeah, no, not anywhere near quick enough, but swifter of feet, at least. He ignored his dragon, trying hard not to think about her. A sword came for his chest, and one for his head, and he chose to block the head with his arm guard, the other with his sword. When sword met sword, it sent a shockwave as it was clear he had little to no strength in his chosen weapon.

The same went for his head, but he pushed forward with both arms, to try and gain some breath, hazel eyes wide. "if you kill me, make sure she stays safe." He breathed out, moving to strike at her side with his own blade, keeping his left arm, the one with the arm guard, in a defensive position.

Meanwhile, Lusin was frozen with fear and anger. Her rider had not only blocked their bond, but was fighting to the death. One of her wings was trapped under her body, but that didn't stop her from continuing to attempt to get up, to save the one who had raised her, who she loved more than the moon itself.
^
Nirn could tell that he wasn't as skilled at fighting as some of the other riders that she had fought, but she didn't hold back. Getting cocky was one way to get killed, and fast. As the boy breathed his request, pulling back and swinging his blade at her left side, she got in close. She spun around the boy's unarmed side, using the momentum of her spin to launch two attacks, the first with her left blade along his lower back, the second coming in a wider arc on his own right.

The time was talking over, but she felt the need to respond nevertheless. "As long as she stays out of the fight, she will be in no danger from me. My time killing dragons is over." she said. She hopped back, panting slightly. "So, what did you do that there's bounty on your head? It must be serious, if you're willing to die rather than come peacefully." she said.

She glanced at the dragon. If the person placing the bounty wished them dead, she wouldn't collect on the dragon. She had sworn an oath, to herself, to never kill an innocent dragon again, and she wouldn't break it for a bounty.
^
Diell Screamed, and heard his dragon's scream as he was cut by a blade, and he welcomed the reprieve she gave to ask a question. His hazel eyes glanced to his dragon, then back at the woman.

"Along with my dragon, I attacked Faction-run Abel, and won. I'd assume that would be the reason. The faction wants me dead." He growled, Holding his wound with one hand. "I would rather die than let my dragon willingly go to them." He spat, loosing his usual cool resolve.

His head turned slightly, to watch as his dragon stood, her blue eyes looking... betrayed. He turned to her, a fierce look on his face. "Lusin, Go." He said, swinging his sword. The dragon shook her head, and he Growled alloud, and pushed wind against her wings. "GO"

The dragon shook her head, pinning her wings to her body, refusing to move, a hurt look on her face. "Diell, if you don't give up, I will never forgive you. I will give myself to the faction." She threatened, suddenly serious. The elf seemed taken aback, and looked to the kitsune for help, obviously conflicted. But then he seemed to remember that she was trying to kill him, and his face went blank, unreadable except for pain at his wounds.
^
Nirn sighed, throwing her blades to the ground. This is what she got for accepting an anonymous bounty. The Faction was once more using her as a pawn. She smiled. "Actually, no need for any drastic measures. I don't work for the Faction. You say you attacked a city? How do you fancy a small camp I saw on my way here? I could use the exercise, and the Faction are no friends of mine." she said

She took a cautionary step back, standing by the tree she had placed her naginata behind. While she had no intent on continuing this fight, She may not have a choice. She glanced at the dragon, and then back at the injured elf. "I have a plan, if you're willing to kill some Faction troops."
^
Diell relaxed slightly when she spoke, glancing at his dragon, who approached hesitantly, a snarl on her face. She didn't trust the kitsune, but though Diell didn't either, he was still injured...

"I'd like to stop back at home and get bandaged at least, but... I suppose a faction camp isn't too bad to take out..." He rose an eyebrow to his dragoness. Lusin, ya gotta trust me. He sent to her, with her growling alloud.

Fine... She lowered her head, to allow her rider to get on, but he turned to the kitsune. "C'mon, it's only heartwood, but I'd still be a fair walk. We'll get there quicker." He said, sheathing his sword and extending his hand.
^
Nirn blinked as the man offered a ride. She stiffened, and shook her head slowly. "No. I don't think you want me on your dragon. Last time I rode one, I ended up... well, it wasn't a pleasant experience." she said. That dragon's worlds still hung with her and she sighed. "I'll wait here. When you return, we can move for the Faction base." she said.

Nirn reached the tree, acquiring her naginata and leaning against the tree. The Faction.... they once led her to kill dozens of innocents, and she followed willingly, lashing out at the world for someone to blame her family's deaths on. And now they had very nearly made her do it again. She'd show them she wasn't a person to be lied to. The indignation of being tricked again, was almost too much for her, she almost went off to slaughter the bastards on her own... but that would be a folly.

She looked to the two. "Go. I'll be here. But don't keep me waiting or I'll leave, and you'll be on your own."

This post has been edited by Mavanger: Today at 03:01 pm
^
Diell hesitated before climbing onto his dragon, and she took a shaky flight. She soon recovered though, and her rider reconnected with his dragon with his bond. They got back home, and the drow snuck in through the back, going up to his room and bandaging the wound quickly, putting medicinal cream on it. He ran back out, put some on the burn, bandaging his dragon quickly. She didn't speak.

The pair returned to the clearing within the hour, landing, and the man sliding down to nod to the Kitsune. "Ok, let's go." He said easily.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll