by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Night of Winter Wishes, Christmas 2017!
user posted image

NIGHT OF WINTER WISHES!

As the creatures of the world gather beneath the Tree of Giving, and as Zinlaea's mystical ties to the Felnovian North are once more opened, something else sparks an interest in the goings-on of the world. A flicker of mischief and a streak of white mark the passage of one known as Noel, as he moves from the Everwinter south, flipping from place to place before eventually jumping Realms.

There runs a tale of an old kitsune with nine tails who rejoices in watching the goings-on of the Realms, spending the majority of the year in front of a long scrying pool near the peak of Zinlaea's tallest mountain. As soon as the gateways to the south open, he flits off and away, laden with trinkets of all shapes and sizes.

Appearing in the silence of the Night of Winter Wishes, he darts from sleeping soul to sleeping soul, leaving little gifts in his wake. Occasionally accompanied by the ringing of bells, this old fox gives items depending on how good or bad the one visited has been over the course of the year; if good, he leaves blessed items, helpful trinkets, or powerful weapons. If bad, he may leave useless junk, tricks, cursed items, or dark weapons.

His gifts left, the fox disappears into the night, his passage marked by small, sparkling bits of ever-growing holly.

user posted image

THE EVENT!

Hello and welcome, members of BTACD, to our version of Santa's Naughty or Nice list - the Gifts of Noel! Sign a character up to be visited by the nine-tailed ice fox, Noel, giving gifts depending on whether or not your character has been naughty or nice. Two characters per person! Sign up using the form below.

The form is here:
CODE
[b]I want a visit from Noel![/b]

[b]NAME:[/b] your username
[b]CHARACTER CHOSEN:[/b] what character do you want chosen?
[b]SPECIES:[/b] what species is your character?
[b]ABOUT:[/b] give us five things about the character so Noel can decide whether they've been naughty or nice!
[list][*] (example: helped an old lady cross the street)
[*] (example: killed a bunch of snakekind)
[*] (example: kicked a water goblet out of an annoying guy's hand)
[*] (example: farted in a room of crowded people)
[*] (example: joined the knighthood and saved the life of a kid)
[/list]
[b]PLACE WHERE THEY SLEEP:[/b] where is your character currently able to catch a few Zs?

THE PRIZES!

Everyone who participates will be given 500j and a snazzy, snowy award!
user posted image

In addition, characters may be given random trinkets, store items, event items, or even a super rare god item that has yet to be claimed! What you get will be a luck of the draw - based on if your character has been naughty or nice. Good luck!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, BTACD! Have fun~

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
user posted image
This event has OPENED! Have fun, guys! :D

--------------------
user posted image
^
It's the season of GIMME.

Also because I rarely ever indulge in this particular sort of dorkery...FIRST.

I want a visit from Noel!

NAME: JPG
CHARACTER CHOSEN: Rafaloth
SPECIES: Demon/N’Vaen
ABOUT:
  • Led an army of blood-thirsty demons into war against other blood-thirsty demons. Not off to a good start!
  • Futilely attempted to adopt a code of honor for the demons of Famine. Kinda got him forcibly exiled and left for dead.
  • Befriended an angel Valkyrie, gave a gift as they parted. Daw, the demon general made a friend!
  • Intervened, saved a Shar from bandits and traumatized the bandits into temporary incontinence via a grand illusion. Why yes, I am attempting to be clinical about slapstick bathroom humor, what of it?
  • May or may not have fantasies of shouting his spell names in a grandiose fashion. Currently discussing canonicity with partner-in-crime.
PLACE WHERE THEY SLEEP: On the road, wherever there is shelter from the elements

NAME: JPG
CHARACTER CHOSEN: Icarath
SPECIES: Demon/N’Vaen
ABOUT:
  • Experimented on human cattle who certainly did not volunteer to be subjected to being torn apart while conscious. Don’tcha need anesthetic for that, doc?
  • Said cattle may have been kidnapped or forcibly bred. Talk about playing with your food...
  • Playing ‘god’ by attempting to create life utilizing a Halgian child. Lol what are ethics
  • After believing this particular experiment was a failure, tossed them into the wilderness without any adult supervision. Parent of the year, surely!
  • Secluded themselves away from social interaction and left diplomacy to his butler, who may or may not have a knack for killing people using an umbrella. I don’t know why I’m leaving quips here, I just felt like it.
PLACE WHERE THEY SLEEP: Silus Clan Reiatsu Underground

--------------------
^

NAME: Jinn
CHARACTER CHOSEN: Hadvar
SPECIES: Human
ABOUT:
  • helped fix a bird's wing
  • punched another kid in the face
  • helped someone tend their garden when it was nearly dead
  • pranked his school-mates involving a bucket of water and sand
  • got into a shouting match with an elf when they thought Jaddith was open for the taking.
PLACE WHERE THEY SLEEP: against Jaddith's scales.

NAME: Jinn
CHARACTER CHOSEN: Daenerys
SPECIES: Avian/Elf hybrid
ABOUT:
  • patrolled the edges of a town
  • assisted a healer in an emergency
  • broke a man's nose
  • started a bar fight
  • got into a fist-fight
PLACE WHERE THEY SLEEP: in a small house on the edge of Auxela, Stroen'na, Felnova.

--------------------
^

NAME: Zendekarian
CHARACTER CHOSEN: Scaleterror, aka Skippy
SPECIES: A cute fuzzy-wuzzy IMMA BITE YOUR FACE OFF saurian
ABOUT: give us five things about the character so Noel can decide whether they've been naughty or nice!
  • Well, Skippy is at the moment chatting with a dragon from another Realm
  • In a confrontation Skippy will never forget, he set an evil orc on fire
  • Skippy at an entire nest of ants chewing on his ankle (after he gave them a smoky flavor)
  • Skips spared the life of a butterfly that boinked his nose and then led it to a flower patch
  • Continues to keep the secrets of his kin hidden
PLACE WHERE THEY SLEEP: Most of the time, Skippy is found sleeping in a burrow in a grassy meadow. Hard to miss. It's always the burrow with a small Skippy-sized campfire next to it.

--------------------
You know, we all thought I was crazy... Oh wait, I still am! :3 *insane cackling*
^

NAME: Nerroth
CHARACTER CHOSEN: Nelarth
SPECIES: Dragon
ABOUT: give us five things about the character so Noel can decide whether they've been naughty or nice!
  • Became a loyal worshipper of Lyfe
  • Helped the Lady of Rynorel fight off the Faction
  • Snuck away from Fang to help fight off the Faction in Rynorel
  • Tried spellcrafting on his own without any guidance
  • Helped Fyrendrang fight off Snakekind in Evylon
PLACE WHERE THEY SLEEP: Anywhere safe that he is able to, preferably in open spaces under trees.
^

NAME: Nerroth
CHARACTER CHOSEN: Nirania
SPECIES: Evylonian Red Dragon
  • She helps look after her grandfather
  • She helps keep the borders of her kind's territory secure
  • She is very loyal towards her grandfather and her family
  • She spent a lot of her time and youth listening to her grandfather's stories
  • She wishes to rise to a position of leadership and respect, hone her physical and magical skills, and learn more of the realms
PLACE WHERE THEY SLEEP: If she is not out traveling with her grandfather, she most likely sleeps in her own quarters within his lair, otherwise she prefers hot areas with a lot of warmth and heat in the environment.
^
@JPG

A faint jingle and a whisper of cold wind heralded the arrival of winter's most mysterious figure; twin blue eyes gleamed from a smiling fox's face as the wind took shape and solidified into a large white kitsune with nine fluffy tails. He silently walked along the road until he came up to the sleeping demon, large ears pricked forward.

"Rafaloth, kindhearted demon," he said gently, though the one he spoke to could not hear him. "Saved by the Light and allowed to remain living. Take this and be well, and protect those you care from harm."

A shimmer of snowflakes swirled and a small gemstone, glowing with power, appeared. With a chuckle, the kitsune dissolved into the snow and disappeared - with only a sprig of holly and the Spirit Gem to mark he had ever been.

--------------------
user posted image
^
@JPG

The underground of Kurai had never been his favorite place; but the white kitsune manifested all the same, smiling as he slipped past the guards and moved silently to Icarath's bedside. "You are a cunning one with a dark heart," he whispered. "But you move the world in ways unforeseen; the future has many things in store for you."

He lifted his paw and a flicker of light danced from it, coalescing into a flat stone with a glowing rune carved in its polished face. "Go where the stone wills you to go," he breathed. "And you will find an ally worthy of your experiments."

And then, the snowy kitsune was gone - Noel drifted into the night, leaving only the stone and a sprig of holly in his wake.

--------------------
user posted image
^

NAME: Fyfergrund
CHARACTER CHOSEN: Rhannoc
SPECIES: Circadian; Luminarian
  • Gave much of his art away to others as gifts, whenever they expressed appreciation for his artistic skills.
  • Drove himself Moon-Mad while obsessively seeking to expand his artistic skills.
  • Was blessed by Lyfe, becoming a Luminarian.
  • Painted his clan's Khagan while he slept.
  • Unleashed painted monsters upon a Faction patrol when they attempted to kill him, then painted their corpses.
PLACE WHERE THEY SLEEP: Luminarian that he is, Rhannoc doesn't sleep. But he often paces around, muttering to himself, without any regard to or awareness of his surroundings.

NAME: Fyfregrund
CHARACTER CHOSEN: Albinius
SPECIES: Western Dragon
  • Overcame crippling injuries he received before hatching through relentless effort and sheer willpower.
  • Swore an oath that he would one day be a knight.
  • Has occasionally had fits of frustrated anger, often resulting in a lot of damage to his surroundings.
  • Has made a number of unsuccessful forays into Felnova in attempts to find and kill Faction patrols. Thus far he hasn't encountered any.
  • Hopes to one day earn a place with the Knights of the Talon alongside his father Aurelius, the Knight Leader.
PLACE WHERE THEY SLEEP: Currently, a small cave on one of the Antillian Isles in Cimmeria, on Xaeri.
^
@Nerroth

A soft sound of tinkling bells broke the silence of the cold winter night on Millirand, too faint to awaken the sleeping dragon curled up beneath the trees. A stray wind rustled the branches of the trees, then solidified into a gleaming white kitsune with nine tails.

"You are a strong one, but your impatience is likely to get you into trouble," he whispered softly, grinning widely as he padded silently to the dragon's side. He placed a paw upon the ground beside the dragon's head, then raised it, revealing a glass orb inside of which a Chaos Elemental made of fire, water, earth, and air relentlessly prowled.

"Follow the orb's guidance, and may the companion you will find serve as a valued ally on your travels." With that, the whit kitsune vanished in a breath of wind, leaving behind a faint sheen of frost, and a small sprig of fresh holly.
^
@Zendekarian

Jingle jingle jingle jingle...the sound of gently clinging and ringing metal echoed through the meadow, barely enough to stir even the tiniest of creatures.

The snow-white-furred kitsune stepped gently through the leaves, barely rustling them. WIth every step, the ground was encased in fluffy snow, leaving distinct snow pawprints. As he came upon the burrow he smiled.

"The innocent are the favored of the Night of Winter Wishes. Their dreams of confectionaries and colorful trinkets would do much to pacify the realms - if only more could learn from their carefree natures. Though you are a fierce, feisty one, you do not harm needlessly." The kitsune smirks. "I question the wisdom of giving you such a...potentially hazardous gift. But I hope that your innocence will prevent it from causing too much trouble..."

With that, the kitsune disappears in a stream of sparkling snow, whisked away on the winds, leaving behind a gemstone with a similarly swirling wind within it, the occasional crackle of lightning coarsing within...

--------------------
^
@Nerroth

The thick haze and drifting embers perpetually surrounding Fyr'krae were enough to give most visitors to that sweltering city pause, but Noel was undeterred. He preferred cooler locales, but he had braved far more dangerous places than this.

A faint breath of cold air, almost lost within the burning heat inside the city, drifted through the tunnels and chambers within, until it paused and swirled beside the sleeping form a a young Red. Within the swirling wind, a grinning fox face peered out, then Noel stepped forth a few paces before setting a glass orb beside the slumbering dragon.

"It seems part of your destiny has been chosen for you. Many trials still lie before, you but look to the orb. It will lead you to a stalwart ally to stand beside you and shield you from many dangers," he whispered. Then, with a puff of cold wind, he was gone, leaving behind a faint sheen of frost that lingered stubbornly despite the heat, and a small sprig of holly.
^
@Jinn
Up on the rooftop, with foxy paws, out jumps good ol kitsune claus...down through the chimney with lots of things, let's hope that your sins don't clip your wings! o/~

The wintry kitsune whirled into existence on the rooftop of the little home. With a bound and a leap, he slinked down the chimney, becoming black in one fell swoop, which he quickly shook off. Bounding sneakily and swiftly across the house floor, he landed silently on the dead beside the young elven avian.

"Dutiful, compassionate, but so aggressive. Combining these will help you go far, young one. For your dutiful patrols and your compassion towards those in need, I grant you the gift to see within the mirror of your soul..."

From the fox's mouth drops a prismatic gem...upon looking into it, Daedryn will catch a glimspe of the beast within.

--------------------
^
@Jinn

The gentle night wind almost drowned out the faint tinkle of bells as a small, swirling gust of frosty wind descended towards the ground. The swirling wind danced closer to the great form of a slumbering dragon, curled up beside a hill. Noel had come, but the great dragon wasn't his destination.

Instead, the ancient kitsune was interested in the small boy, nestled asleep against the dragon's scales. Silently, the wind solidified into the form of a nine-tailed fox with snow-white fur who sat grinning at the boy. After a moment, he padded forward without a sound, and very carefully laid a spined fish beside the young lad.

"Should you choose to eat it, may this fish bring you nourishment and satisfaction. But either way, mind the spines," he whispered before vanishing with a soft puff of wind, leaving behind only a small patch of frost, and a fresh sprig of holly.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll