by tooth & claw dragons

where darkness and chaos reign...
Welcome to the land of dragons and elves; demons and death. Here, you may weave tales of all creatures, great and small - magic is found in everything, and many worlds one can explore are open for discovery. By Tooth And Claw Dragons, often shortened to BTACD, is an original high fantasy role-play site with over eighty species and ten solid worlds, fifteen years strong. Freedom of creativity is boundless within the established lore, and member suggestions are not only accepted, but encouraged. We release new content monthly, and are always expanding our wondrous Realms. Come and play with magic, honor the great gods, and beware the balance that governs all...

Add Reply
New Poll

Member Kudos, a shout-out thread for all good deeds!
Have a post that you've just absolutely loved? A picture someone posted on the forum you adore? A quote you have to share? Anything and everything posted and quotable on the forum is eligible for kudos from your fellow members! Be sure to quote and tag the one you're featuring!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Every time I see @Verridith's "I AM THE QUEEN OF GOLD," I end up on the floor in a giggling fit. Whoever came up with that is a comedic genius.
^
@darkeh is always there where I can talk shit with her over stuff that's just too private to share. Always appreciated.

@Thistle drew my cactus Florid and I will not forget this.

@Fyfergrund always finds a home for my characters no matter how crazy - he's like a big brother to me.

Lastly @Nechesa gave me my first full roleplay that we managed to finish and is always super-invested in what I make, which is so appreciated.

--------------------
^
@JPG Thanks so much for always looking out for everyone, I think it's just incredible that you try to make sure everybody is not only doing good on site, but also off site. It sets a great example for a roleplay site when their staff members go beyond the usual expectations like this. Time and time again, I've seen you shift the mood of other members, and I just wanted to let you know how appreciated that is. You're shenanigans are always quite uplifting, and certainly brighten up my day. You're writing is also always a blast to read, and I love getting that notification on deviantart to tell me that the latest chapter of the winged knight is out. BTACD wouldn't be the same without ya, and I hope you understand just how much I mean that.

@Elffri3nd Thank you for being the first person to complete a thread with me. It was a lot of fun to write with you, and I really hope we can do it again once you're free from school. I also want to thank you for continuously reminding me of great songs which I've forgotten about, I love getting a good dose of nostalgia from time to time. And again for teaching me how to yu gi oh, I still can't beat those darned spell decks of yours, but its a lot of fun to learn new games, and I quite enjoy playing this one with you from time to time. Lastly, I want to let you know that I think you are very strong for dealing with what you've gone through, and I have a deep respect for you.

@SherniKaur Thank you for always greeting us with enthusiasm. I'm not sure what it is about it, but it really does feel great when you show up on the discord and someone shouts your name with a few exclamation marks slapped on the end. I also want to let you know that I think it's absolutely amazing that you can write the way you do at your age. I've been following HUNTER and HUNTED rather closely, and I must say that this is some incredible stuff. If this is where you're at now, I can't wait to see where you get in the future. Lastly, thank you for the small stuff you do to cheer everyone up. Taking interest in everyone’s work, messing around on discord, and showing concern for others, despite what you’re going through outside of the site, it’s all pretty amazing, and I hope you never stop.

@NyteDaez Thank you for oddly having similar interests to me. It’s fun to freak out over stuff with you, and I hope to start breaking down with you again in June. I also like how you occasionally share something in media that ends up striking a chord with me, sometimes videos slip by my suggested videos page on youtube, and you catch em for me. You also shared a cool pokemon game with me and got some of us to play it in a group, I thought that was pretty cool, and I hope we can do again some time. I should also let you know that I’ve been eying a couple of your characters for a while, and can’t wait for when I get a chance to start a thread with one of em.

@JeSuisUnAne Thanks for joking around with me from time to time. You’re slowly teaching me to be a little less naive, and it’s actually a pretty important lesson. Your honesty and dishonesty can be brutal, but it can also bring about a completely different type of humour that can make me giggle sometimes when it doesn’t fly over my head. I’ve also seen some of your writing for Aku, and hope I can see more of it in the future, as there isn’t nearly as much as there should be on site for me to read. I know your job takes up far too much of your time, but I hope you can find more time to write anyway, and not let your job get in the way of that.

@Darkeh Thanks for dragging me out to a bar so I could meet a member of BTACD. It was honestly pretty scary for me, and convincing me to do that was not an easy task, but even though they wouldn’t let me in, I’m glad I did it, so thank you for that. Also, I’m sure you hear this a lot, but you’re writing is absolutely phenomenal. You could totally write a book, and I would totally read it. Nobody gets as good as you are overnight, and I have to say your work inspires me to try and improve my writing as much as possible. Not just the writing either, your characters are also easy to fall in love with. I also want to thank you for telling me about some cool places by my school which I can’t wait to visit. Also, I want to apologize for the overuse of also in this paragraph, I understand that from an english point of view, this paragraph is horrific, but I just don’t have the skill to make this not sound weird without using also, and it’s super late at night. Furthermore and additionally just sound odd, and I’m not saying anything that isn’t good so I can’t use however. We all miss you, and can’t wait for you to come back.

@Fyfergrund Thank you for inspiring me to write my characters. Creating characters for me, takes a super long time, but I always find myself writing a surge of stuff down after talking about character creation with you. I also think the diversity of your characters is amazing. Some of your characters are so incredibly unique from each other that it’s hard to believe the same person created both of them. To be honest, if it wasn’t for this one day shortly after I joined that I went through some of yours, I might’ve ended up making 20 different talking flowers instead of striving to make each character unique. I also think it’s so cool that you know as much as you do about the lore of BTACD, you seem to be capable of answering any question. It’s not limited to the site either, you seem to know a ton about a lot of different things, and its great that we can come to you for answers!

@Mavanger Thank you for being so funny. Some of the stuff you say on the discord is so random, yet still relevant, and it makes me laugh, a lot. Sometimes in public, which is no good. I also want to thank you for sharing a scene from the holy grail movie, that made me understand a reference to the holy hand grenade that I saw in a movie I watched recently. I also gotta say, that although you don’t always got the happiest characters, some of them are very interesting. I especially liked the story behind Nirn and how she was sorta a misled faction member who was turned in the right direction. I love that kind of story, and it was great to see.

@Moriarty I love your art! A while back I saw you doodle a bunch of BTACD characters, and I thought that was just about the best thing ever! I also think it’s cool that you work with different types of art too, experimenting with computer modelling and that sort of medium that I’ve barely gotten a glimpse of, as well as traditional and digital art. I also love how your character pages almost always have original art with them. I love the design of your characters, and it's awesome that you show so many different drawings of some of them.

@Fenrir Thanks for teaching me a whole bunch about arting technologies. I think it’s really cool that you know as much as you do about digital art. Also, thank you for drawing Ruza that one time, a long while ago, it was really cool to see him in a different style. And I also think its amazing how you can draw completely non existent creatures in a realistic fashion. Like that black monster with the scary eyes that you drew not long ago. That was super terrifying, but it was also really awesome, cause it almost looked real! You’re artwork is easy to pick out of a crowd, and it's always refreshing to see these epic pictures in the media section of the discord. Also the pixel stuff, ahhh! Keep drawing!

@Mimifan Thanks for always being so enthusiastic and energetic in chat! You always seem super excited, and that’s just wonderful. I also like how you fool around a bunch in the discord, I really can’t get enough of everyone’s different styles of humour, and yours is no different. You’re one of the few people whose jokes I always seem to understand, and for that, I thank you.

@Hanzo You have some of the most detailed character pages I’ve seen. It isn’t hard to tell that you put a lot of thought into every character you make on here. Either that or you’re just super good at it. Also, you post pictures of your bab in the discord and they’re always super adorable.

@Nechesa Thanks for showing me those awesome plant people from starbound! I love seeing new planty characters and these guys were no exception. The designs inspired me in so many ways and I really can’t thank you enough. I also love how a few of your characters are named after flowers!! Poppy is just adorable in a bunch of ways, and I’ve loved the posts from Rose so far in our cactus thread. And then you’ve also been there to talk about florids with me! I can’t express my gratitude for that enough, for someone to show interest in something you love is a great feeling, so really thank you!

@Nix Thank you for being such an understanding member. I took forever with Wren, who you basically needed to use Cad, but you understood that I had school and never said a word about it. I’ve also noticed how quickly you get replies out, and I must say it’s very impressive. You have so many threads going, yet nobody has had to wait on you long. To be so active is super great, and I hope you can continue to be at least half as active as you are now in the times to come!

@Wordna Thanks for making a second dream eater character! And also now for working on a male shar. I think it’s wonderful that you’re trying out new and unused species! I can’t wait to see what else comes from you in the future.

@Asreal Your characters are not a bunch of sunshine and lollipops, but I still ended up reading most of them. I can tell that you put a lot of work into them, and I love how detailed they are while still being relatively concise. I also find it neat that you give your characters so many weaknesses. I can’t wait to see what new stuff you cook up once you’re done school.

@Concinnity Thanks for all the hugs you dish out, even if they are virtual hugs, I can’t help but feel a little warm hearted everytime I see hugs in italics. Also I’ve really enjoyed roleplaying with you. You’re posts so far have been awesome, and I can’t wait to see how our thread turns out!

@Verrideth Thank you for everything. I have admittedly been to very few roleplay sites, and have little experience with them, but I can still tell that you’ve created something very special. There aren’t a lot of sites that have a community like the one you’ve built here, with such a diverse group of players. I think it’s completely adorable how the site was built around the imagination of a fantasy loving little girl, and from the bits of its long history that I’ve heard, I am completely fascinated by how it has evolved. The contributions from members who have come and passed, as well as the insane amount of contribution from yourself is just nuts. I thought I could tell how much effort went into the site when I first arrived and caught a glimpse of that species page, but in my short time here, I’ve seen so much more, and my expectations have been utterly shattered. This entire world really is magical, in a disney sort of way. I bet you know that already, but I want you to know that we do too.

This post has been edited by Thistle: May 3 2018, 03:09 AM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

^
THISTLE OMG ;o; ilu fam you are the best <3 /warm and fuzzy feelings

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
^
Oh, I feel like I should have seen this sooner. Time to send some warm and fuzzy feelings your way. You all are like a second family to me and if I didn't have you guys I would probably go insane. I will probably add more onto this later.

@Verridith First I have to acknowledge you, the tyrannical queen of btacdragons. I love the fact that you are someone that people can count on and come to in times of need. I am thankful that you can put up with everything that I do to tease you. You are one of the many people that make btac warm and welcoming to everyone that comes by. It really does feel like a second home, but less chaotic.

@JPG Oh boy, I don't even know what to say about you. You are definitely a wild card. I love your antics and your puns. You make me laugh on a daily bases. I don't even understand how you come up with half the stuff that you do. Don't you ever change. You have a wonderful personality. I love coming on seeing what chaos you have unleased on the server. I also love when you start talking about your profession. I find it really fascinating.

@NyteDaez I know I pull your leg a lot and sometimes I know I really bug you. I want you to know that it is all in good fun and that I mean nothing by it. I love interacting with you and messing around. I don't even know how to say what I want to for you because I love messing around with you and having our chat wars.

@Mavanger If I am doing warm and fuzzy stuff I have to mention you. We have know each other for a while know and it has been a blast. I've enjoyed all of the games we have played together. Of course we are going to have to play more star wars the old republic. Thank you for introducing me to this wonderful community and being there for me when I've needed you.

@Thistle King of the warm and fuzzies, I can't even compare with you. You are just filled to the brim with postitivity. You are so kind to everyone. I am thankful for the image you made for me. It is wonderful and I will cherish it for a long time. I love roleplaying with you and enjoyed playing yugioh with you. We are going to have to do it again sometime. Finally someday I am going to come to Canada and either teach you how to cook or just cook for you, and then I might drag you down to New Mexico.

This post has been edited by Elffri3nd: Jun 13 2018, 02:35 PM

--------------------
-Blazeh defeated the elffri3nd 1/19/18-
-Mav was obliterated by the elffri3nd 1/19/18-
-Elf's mom was destroyed by the JPG 4/20/1997 yay time travel-
-Elf got his revenge on JPG 6/12/18-
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll